• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Voror

Do we know exactly what was changed in Type-0 HD compared to the original beyond the graphics or was that about it?

Meowster

I had no idea VIII had a cool series of monster action figures, including Iron Giant and Forbidden.

Damn these are neat. If only I had them as a kid.
My parents bought me these and all of the larger figures for the main characters when I was seven. It was the best Christmas ever. I used to come up with my own FF plots and me and my cousin would have the most outrageous plots. Just never got Seifer. :(

The Iron Giant and especially Forbidden were so damn cool. I wonder what happened to them..

RDreamer

Anyone have any tips on the last boss for Lightning Returns? I put the game down for a bit and picked it up and got to the last boss. Failed miserably, so I did the trails, then tried again. Now I can get to about Phase 3... maybe halfway through that... I just can't get much further, though without running out of items. I can't beat him before his hyper nova.

Anyone have any tips on the last boss for Lightning Returns? I put the game down for a bit and picked it up and got to the last boss. Failed miserably, so I did the trails, then tried again. Now I can get to about Phase 3... maybe halfway through that... I just can't get much further, though without running out of items. I can't beat him before his hyper nova.
Are u using Soldier of Peace (I think that's what it's called, the ugly green garb that uses Artemis' s Arrows). Does a ton of damage.

RDreamer

Are u using Soldier of Peace (I think that's what it's called, the ugly green garb that uses Artemis' s Arrows). Does a ton of damage.

I wasn't, but I suppose I will now!

Tried it... and it got me to the 4th form. I stayed alive a good 5+ minutes on the fourth form... and did absolutely fucking nothing in damage. I can't stagger him, can't do any damage at all. I just sit there and waste all my items at that point.

I wasn't, but I suppose I will now!

Tried it... and it got me to the 4th form. I stayed alive a good 5+ minutes on the fourth form... and did absolutely fucking nothing in damage. I can't stagger him, can't do any damage at all. I just sit there and waste all my items at that point.
Sorry I can't remember what I did exactly to beat him since it's been a long time, but I remember for staggering in general I used
Caius's sword
that helps you stagger at... 75%? As opposed to the usual 100%. Also had Soul of Thamasa which lets me use combo finishers twice in a row to help stagger more. Also if you're not using accessories/equipment that boost ATB recovery, you may want to consider using them now (Aeronite drops one IIRC) to help keep the pace going. For myself, I used the Witch's Rosary to recover ATB when using magic, and even used that one shield that had no defence but increased ATB recovery (for that schemata I didn't bother having a Guard skill).

Dunno, just throwing some ideas at you haha. Good luck! It's a bit frustrating but very rewarding when he's dead.

RDreamer

Sorry I can't remember what I did exactly to beat him since it's been a long time, but I remember for staggering in general I used
Caius's sword
that helps you stagger at... 75%? As opposed to the usual 100%. Also had Soul of Thamasa which lets me use combo finishers twice in a row to help stagger more. Also if you're not using accessories/equipment that boost ATB recovery, you may want to consider using them now (Aeronite drops one IIRC) to help keep the pace going. For myself, I used the Witch's Rosary to recover ATB when using magic, and even used that one shield that had no defence but increased ATB recovery (for that schemata I didn't bother having a Guard skill).

Dunno, just throwing some ideas at you haha. Good luck! It's a bit frustrating but very rewarding when he's dead.

This fight is fucking bullshit, holy fuck.

You have to make it through 3 phases using no EP, which I just did, and then try and wail on him with overclock on in order to stagger. Otherwise you do NO damage. But even overlock doesn't damage him and seems like pure luck to actually get him to fucking stagger. I just got there and use all 8 of my EP overclocking and couldn't stagger the motherfucker.

The difficulty in this trilogy is so weird. I thought XIII had pretty perfect difficulty curve. XIII-2 was way too goddamned easy. Now Lightning Returns seems to be spotty as hell but mostly in the way-too-fucking-hard category.

RDreamer

Who fucking designed this piece of shit boss in Lightning Returns. Like, what the flying fuck!? I can't stagger him at all. His fucking stagger gauge just drops like a goddamned stone after every fucking attack.

This is literally the most bullshit fight I've ever played in an RPG.

I cannot remember how I beat it, but I do remember that it took me a couple of tries and it took a good amount of luck that second time. I looked up a strategy on YouTube and it saved me.

RDreamer

Now I remember, that was it lol Overclock and Artemis Arrow.

Yeah, I've been doing that. Stagger gauge drops like a stone still. I once got it to the red after getting frustrated and just mashing some buttons as I was about to die, lol.

Edit: Beat it on my first try of the day today! Took one helluva lucky overclock. I was literally on the last millisecond of the last overclock I had... and I had 1 hp left when I finally staggered him.

FFGaf, what do you guys think about these designs?
FGVh84B.jpg

WaM1bbj.jpg

rmtl3Eg.jpg
If I have to choose, which should I pick?
I'm picking one tomorrow.

I think you should go with the LR one. It has a better colour scheme than X's, and X's logo is really... I dunno, big? Like you're a walking advertisement or something. Not really a fan of the XIV one.

aravuus

FFGaf, what do you guys think about these designs?

If I have to choose, which should I pick?
I'm picking one tomorrow.

Wow, these are all absolutely terrible lol.

If I had to choose, I'd probably go with the second one too. The graphic is, well, slightly less in your face, but my main concern would be the fit. It looks like one of those super anime shirts you see online on black mannequins that never fit anyone ever like they do on the mannequins.

Yeah, I also think that the title shouldn't be there, tbh. The ARR one is also have the same front and back logo. I guess I'll pick the LR one then.
Thanks guys!

Ultratech

Those would be so much cooler if they just had the symbols and didn't say the names of the games...

Kinda what I was thinking.

The names on them just makes them look bad (or makes you look like a walking ad).

Granted, the first jacket just looks kinda goofy regardless.

neoemonk

I just bought a new PS4 today. What's the story with the FF XV demo? Do I have to preorder Type 0 or will I get a code if I buy it on launch day next week?

I wish I really had skrilla right now. Thinking about this demo reminds me of the days I played the Dragon Quest VIII demo and then the FFXII demo that came with DQVIII.

Apoptomon

As a 26-year-old guy, I feel as though I should be too old for plushies, but oh look cute things:
tumblr_nlyw2x5lm01rw99s1o1_540.jpg

My brother bought me these. The cactuar was for christmas, and the moogle's for my birthday, which was today.

As a 26-year-old guy, I feel as though I should be too old for plushies, but oh look cute things:
tumblr_nlyw2x5lm01rw99s1o1_540.jpg

My brother bought me these. The cactuar was for christmas, and the moogle's for my birthday, which was today.

Moogle's too cute. I think I prefer this version the best. XIII-2 and XII's moogles don't do it for me.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finished FFV a while ago. I enjoyed it less than IV, but it was much better than I-III. Can't wait to properly start VI. Too bad that the loading times of the PS1 version are so bad - I'd rather play it on my Vita than on the Wii U...

So I want to play FFIV... But I'm not sure if I should go with the GBA version or the DS version.
I heard the GBA version has some glitches, but I also heard the DS version is more difficult... considering FF3 DS made me want to tear my hair out I'm not sure I want a more difficult game lol

So what do you guys recommend?

So I want to play FFIV... But I'm not sure if I should go with the GBA version or the DS version.
I heard the GBA version has some glitches, but I also heard the DS version is more difficult... considering FF3 DS made me want to tear my hair out I'm not sure I want a more difficult game lol

So what do you guys recommend?

Unfortunately the GBA version is really easy and the DS version is one of the harder Final Fantasies. I would say that FF3 is a little harder overall than the DS game, but not by much. If this isn't your first time playing FF4, then definitely go with the DS version as many of the encounters were changed to punish old strategies from previous versions.

Unfortunately the GBA version is really easy and the DS version is one of the harder Final Fantasies. I would say that FF3 is a little harder overall than the DS game, but not by much. If this isn't your first time playing FF4, then definitely go with the DS version as many of the encounters were changed to punish old strategies from previous versions.
I found out the android version has an easier difficulty and nicer graphics so I went with that. I just started the game, I hope I'll like it.

Falk

that puzzling face
Might be biased by time deprecation since last play date, but Lightning Returns on Normal was pretty brutal at the end.

Hard doesn't quite count considering how NG+ works in the game (You can only play Hard on NG+ and you carry all your stats over every cycle even if you game over)

Might be biased by time deprecation since last play date, but Lightning Returns on Normal was pretty brutal at the end.

Hard doesn't quite count considering how NG+ works in the game (You can only play Hard on NG+ and you carry all your stats over every cycle even if you game over)
Yeah, final dungeon was pretty rough, though I think
Caius
was the only enemy that made me tear my hair out. I enjoyed the difficulty though, since pretty much every battle you can win as long as you adjust your strategy. I don't think I ever had to grind in the game, only play better.

2988837261_2_28_Jvqi1CX0.jpg

image.php

GEE I WONDER WHY

:D

They hold your chalice, and you can even spray paint them! Best moogles in the FF franchise. Gonna spray paint my yellow.

Well, at least it's not that monstrosity they called a moogle in FFXII-2. At least you can throw that guy, probably my favorite thing in that game. Best of the XIII trilogy.

I still need to play Lightning Returns, I love being avatar quoted.

I'm writing a short essay/article on the Final Fantasy series and some of its concepts. Trying to piece together different aspects from different games is always fun.

Top Bottom