• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Tellah, for being the most badass old dude in a FF.

Quoted for truth.

Tellah-Darkness.gif

Deal with it.

Cecil. His transformation from Dark Knight to Paladin is still the most impactful instance of character growth in the whole Final Fantasy series to me.

xo3wi.jpg

Yuna for sure.
I liked her journey from being a naive girl to a strong woman. FFX-2 kinda too the journey a bit too far, but I actually still like her (and the game) in it.

Dragon

Banned
zidane-dissidia-render-300x282.png

First off, look at the guy, he looks awesome! Beyond that I think, personality wise, he is the best Final Fantasy character ever! He isn't some emo kid, okay he has his moments, but for the most part he's fun loving and a true leader.

You are not alone!

Granted if I found out what he found out I'd be pissed too. But it's such a departure from his normal personality. The only thing good about that part is that song :).

Judge Gabranth because he looks awesome.
I have no other reasons beyond appearance.

Gabranth-A_3.png

They really did take the Star Wars copying a bit too far :).

DarkKyo

I might be alone in this... Beautiful, powerful, yet(to his dismay) tragically flawed.
Hdm5i.png

I was also fond of... Not a very important character but I always liked his design and his in-game class.
kNPKY.jpg

And as for heroes, I really had a thing for Fran. She's just so pretty and unique looking/sounding.
nDyOB.jpg

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I want to say Vivi, because I love the guy.

However I can't, I have to give it to Kain for being my favourite. He's always there beside me, until he backstabs me, but he never means to do it (until he does). Oh sure we'll go back and forth a few dozen times, but one jump to my side and I'm happy again.

Soft spot for King of Baron, Odin. Small part, but vital all the same.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
7cXRp.png

Cloud. Plus Kingdom Hearts Cloud has the best design and I don't care what you all think. :(

Bladenic

Unless I missed it, no mention of Basch? Awesome appearance, personality, best Quickenings, everything about him was so cool.

I hate that he was shafted as lead AND sort of gets tossed aside in the final version too. Such a shame.

Other favorites:
Firion
Edge
Bartz
Edgar
Aerith
Red XIII
Zidane, but all of 9's cast really
Pretty much all of 10's too
Balthier
For some reason, I'm pretty partial to 13's cast despite Snow being mentally challenged. Hope is excluded though.

johnsmith

remember me
My favorite FF character of all time. Tried to be suave, but it was obviously an act. Was funny, but wasn't comic relief. When most of the other members of your party were debbie downers he kept things lively and moving. In a game that didn't really have a main character he always stood out to me as a leader.

He was also overpowered for half the game with his awesome tools.
QjiUe.jpg

23ard.jpg

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Whoa. What's up with this thread now? Feels like there's another thread in it.

Someone started a voting thread, didn't they? :lol Well, I'll admit that they were getting really really plentiful and generally felt like list threads without any sort of discussion.

Dechaios said:
Llednar Twem.. he's an antagonist from FF Tactics Advance. Supposed to look like Marche(the "hero") because he's like a dark version of him. Contrary to his calm looking appearance I recall him being somewhat of a brutal asshole in the game.
Actually Llednar is Mewt’s character foil(Llednar Twem is literally Mewt Randell backwards).

Llednar is essentially a twisted self-insert Mary Sue created by Mewt’s imagination to have all the qualities that Mewt feels he lacks(bravery, physical prowess, aggressiveness), but he goes overboard and Llednar comes off as an invincible douchebag.

Any physical similarities to Marche are probably because Mewt sort of looks up to him.

Esura

Banned
I noticed there seems to be somewhat of a slight disconnect between FFIV and the other pre-FFVII FF games now. I'm starting to see more people say its the worse of the older entries in various communities.

Eh, just something I noticed and thought I should share.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I noticed there seems to be somewhat of a slight disconnect between FFIV and the other pre-FFVII FF games now. I'm starting to see more people say its the worse of the older entries in various communities.

Eh, just something I noticed and thought I should share.
Edit: Ahaha, I read your post wrong.

Well... It kind of is. It isn't even the EasyType thing that put a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

The narrative--as straightforward as it is--isn't that great, especially when compared to Final Fantasy II's narrative. Sacrifice in this game basically means nothing. Everyone's locked into a specific job, and while this isn't always a bad thing, it's kind of boring when character permanently leave your party and you can't play around with the party system as a result. The relative ease of the game, even when it isn't on EasyType is also rather... boring. This is why a lot of people like the DS version instead--it's more difficult and the augment system is a fun way to build your characters' skillsets.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I finally got it, it's SO beautiful T.T

DSC07961.JPG

But I'm scared I might get spoilers by reading it too much. It's time for putting it back into my collection, than after playing the western version of the game I can finally dig into it :p

Hey Final Fantasy GAF , I know its a major bump but I went to Distant Worlds last night in Toronto, was wondering if anyone else in Toronto GAF was there and wanted to know their highlights of the show.

Dark world was one of my favorite tracks off of FF6, so to see Arnie Roth and Nobuo Uematsu play it together was amazing. I wish I bought the Meet and Greet package but I didn't get it :(.

I thought they were really going to end on Terra's theme (which is a good song of course) but I needed to here OWA, So I was really happy with how they ended it.

Definitely a great experience, happy I got to go

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Thank goodness. It was pretty messy for a while there. Looks pretty slick.

When my bf wanted to buy something from their store yeeeears ago (I think it was a necklace for me), it said they wouldn't ship to Canada. I wonder if that's changed now. It'd be much cheaper to order directly from there rather than ordering and importing from Asia.

Crisis Core has a special place in my heart for not only defining how Zack is so likable, but for actually making me reconsider my stance on FFVII in general.

What was your original impression of FFVII?

Hated it. Overhyped, convoluted nonsense without any likable characters or redeeming plot, with an average at best battle system. A lot of that was leftover angst from my teenage years since I had only played through it once or twice. Then people I knew started talking up Crisis Core and I was already ready to dismiss it because it was the hype cycle all over again. I managed to get it for cheap and played it for myself, and it made me take a good look at the FFVII story again.

It was like learning that everything you knew was wrong, but on a much smaller scale. I still think that FFVII was pretty overhyped, but the basic story (I'm talking FFVII here, and none of that Genesis/Angeal nonsense) isn't as bad as I once thought.

Top Bottom