• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

frequency

I really enjoyed Crisis Core for the story/Zack too.

But I really couldn't get into the gameplay. When I hear how much it's loved, I feel like I must've been missing something.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I guess I must be the only one who didn't enjoy Crisis Core. :p

rataven

Good times with Crisis Core.

I thought the cast was fantastic; I've never really understood the complaints about the characters. Lezard had swagger, and Angeal was a bro too. The extra background we got into both Cloud's and Seph's characters was very welcome and nicely done. And, Cissnei. I have a total girl crush on Cissnei. XD

I guess Genesis is just so bad he overshadows the rest of them, lol

laika09

Is this where most of the Versus XIII talk will be? I'll talk myself into a coma if anyone wants to discuss the game.

Versus XIII is actually just an elaborate time-killing exercise for Visual Works since SE only makes two console games per generation now.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Kinda glad this thread was revived. The GAF plays thread wasn't exactly the place to discuss random FF stuff.

Hrm. I guess I'll admit here, since we're all pretty cordial with each other anyway, that I just plain don't care about Versus. Nothing about it--outside of the art direction with regards to architecture--is interesting to me at all. The little moments of combat footage we've seen looks boring. My apathy towards it is likely an extension of me not liking KH much, I think...

All I remember is that this guy comes out of nowhere and recites a bunch of poetry that I don't care about, and also that he's an easy boss. :/

Hated it. Overhyped, convoluted nonsense without any likable characters or redeeming plot, with an average at best battle system. A lot of that was leftover angst from my teenage years since I had only played through it once or twice. Then people I knew started talking up Crisis Core and I was already ready to dismiss it because it was the hype cycle all over again. I managed to get it for cheap and played it for myself, and it made me take a good look at the FFVII story again.

It was like learning that everything you knew was wrong, but on a much smaller scale. I still think that FFVII was pretty overhyped, but the basic story (I'm talking FFVII here, and none of that Genesis/Angeal nonsense) isn't as bad as I once thought.
Nah, don't pay attention to hype. Don't listen to Selphie and board a hype train. It might crash. :lol

The Compilation of FFVII sort of put a damper on how I feel about the FFVII universe as a whole. Dirge ruined Vincent for me, CC made me realize that Zack is an awesome character and also made me realize that I really liked Cloud when he was a cocky bastard at the beginning of FFVII, AC does nothing for me, and that Turks game never came out here.

But interestingly, as a result, I appreciate FFVII more because it felt like it didn't always take itself so seriously? There were the serious bits, and then there were the silly parts which balanced out the seriousness. It was fun to go through then and it's still fun to go through now (the last time I played it was when they released it on PSN so I think this statement has some truth to it).

Mature

Kinda glad this thread was revived. The GAF plays thread wasn't exactly the place to discuss random FF stuff.

Hrm. I guess I'll admit here, since we're all pretty cordial with each other anyway, that I just plain don't care about Versus. Nothing about it--outside of the art direction with regards to architecture--is interesting to me at all. The little moments of combat footage we've seen looks boring. My apathy towards it is likely an extension of me not liking KH much, I think...
I'm in the same boat. I was extremely unimpressed when I saw the gameplay. Though, It's been awhile since last I saw it.

frequency

That's worrying to hear about Versus.

I haven't really looked at anything about it. I'm usually on a "media blackout" or whatever for Final Fantasy games since I know I'm a sucker and will buy anything they put out anyway. May as well be surprised.

But the development time and hearing that it doesn't look that great is concerning.

BlackJace

Versus XIII is actually just an elaborate time-killing exercise for Visual Works since SE only makes two console games per generation now.

But why talk about it so damn early if they haven't begun jack-shit on it? Even so, throwing together a trailer or a few dev-diaries doesn't sound too hard to do...

Gravijah

Crisic Core is one of my favorite Final Fantasy titles in general, and not just because the main protagonist is one of the most likeable characters in FF history. Like Beefy said, it did a great job of explaining why Zack fucking rocks.
it's a really good game, and the only thing within COMPILATION OF FINAL FANTASY VII that i actually enjoy. AC was atrocious, Dirge stars Vincent who i dislike, i can't play the cell phone game...
I really enjoyed Crisis Core for the story/Zack too.

But I really couldn't get into the gameplay. When I hear how much it's loved, I feel like I must've been missing something.

the gameplay is actually what grabbed me. i ended up doing almost every single mission very early into the game!
But interestingly, as a result, I appreciate FFVII more because it felt like it didn't always take itself so seriously? There were the serious bits, and then there were the silly parts which balanced out the seriousness. It was fun to go through then and it's still fun to go through now (the last time I played it was when they released it on PSN so I think this statement has some truth to it).

as grungy and dingy and "serious" (hah)" as FFVII is, it's totally lighthearted at the same time. there's tons of very good humor that works because of the video game medium, and it's really slapstick at times.

laika09

But why talk about it so damn early if they haven't begun jack-shit on it? Even so, throwing together a trailer or a few dev-diaries doesn't sound too hard to do...

In industry terms, I believe this is known as a "mistake".

It's not like they could take it back once they announced it. I don't know what their original plan was, but it wouldn't surprise me if they thought they could get XIII out by 2008 and Versus/Agito by 2009. Obviously things didn't shake out that way.

BlackJace

In industry terms, I believe this is known as a "mistake".

It's not like they could take it back once they announced it. I don't know what their original plan was, but it wouldn't surprise me if they thought they could get XIII out by 2008 and Versus/Agito by 2009. Obviously things didn't shake out that way.

But it's been SIX years. I don't care if they thing is getting constantly delayed. Dropping trailers or dev dairies every now and then wouldn't kill them. Let the fans know the game isn't vaporware. I personally don't believe it's in development hell like some do, but even a short 2 minute trailer would be nice.

Emitan

Some of them, a little bit... they are kind of anachronistic. I've heard worse, but they could have been better. But they work. Because Uematsu has employed MIDI (recall that he worked directly with the PSX's MIDI) instead of samples, the number of futuristic, synthetic sound patches used in the soundtrack is rather small. I can deal with it.

"You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet" is actually one of my favourite themes on the soundtrack.

What are you saying, man?

4YPsd.gif

We've gotta fight now.

YXAe6.gif

I have friends.

soHFd.png

But enough talk, have at you!

Final Fantasy VI SNES/SFC Ver Tracks Condensed

oh god what did they do to the final battle theme those channels ahhhh
Dancing Mad GBA Ver Part 1
Dancing Mad GBA Ver Part 2
Dancing Mad GBA Ver Part 3
Dancing Mad GBA Ver Part 4

Final Fantasy VI SFC - Dancing Mad (entirety)

It's my favourite piece in all of FF because of, in short, its layers and intricacies. So I tend to be a lot more critical when I hear it rearranged for something or remixed.

oh god why
Final Fantasy VI GBA - Searching for Friends
Final Fantasy VI SFC - Searching for Friends

the worst offender to my ears
Final Fantasy VI GBA - The Serpent Trench
Final Fantasy VI SFC - The Serpent Trench

terra what have they done with your soundscape
Final Fantasy VI GBA - Terra
Final Fantasy VI SFC - Terra

:(
Final Fantasy VI GBA - Kefka's Tower
Final Fantasy VI SFC - Kefka's Tower

the fanatics have gotten so fanatical that they killed the theme
Final Fantasy VI GBA - The Fanatics
Final Fantasy VI SFC - The Fanatics

There are so many more that I can choose, but I really dislike the arrangement, the tinny instrumentation, the fact that the composition no longer flows correctly between notes and bars, and some of the added stuff. I completely understand that it's due to the sound chip. But I really dislike the instrumentation changes overall. The only exception might be Aria di Mezzo Caraterre, because I thought the changes were kind of cool.

With regards to Final Fantasy V's soundtrack... it isn't as jarring, really... for reasons Aeana explained months ago. There are a few things that bother me about it, but there are some things that I kind of like. But the sound quality is really good because the original music's instrumentation isn't exactly complex, so they could do much more with it for the GBA version.

Final Fantasy V SFC Ver Tracks Condensed

But man, the Final Fantasy VI soundscape on GBA really really bothers me.

*goes back to listening to Streets of Rage 2's soundtrack*
HE STILL FUCKING ARGUES THIS ASOIPMSIOAMIODNMAUISJIUASOjwiau dnioaedgiou hGUIDS as

Negator

I'm sorry, I can't agree at all with anyone who puts the GBA version music in the same league as the SNES version. GBA ver sounds awful.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
HE STILL FUCKING ARGUES THIS ASOIPMSIOAMIODNMAUISJIUASOjwiau dnioaedgiou hGUIDS as
Is he, now?

Gravijah, do you like making me feel all frustrated like this? You can't tell me that you like the GBA Sonic the Hedgehog OST too. Kill that thing with fire.

oh god what did they do to star light zone my ears

BlackJace said:
Let the fans know the game isn't vaporware.
I like joking around and saying that Versus doesn't exist. Before they put out the 10-20 seconds of battle footage, I used to joke around that they're just making FFVersus: The Movie. I still feel that way given that lots of the emphasis for this game's media is on CG scenes and real-time cutscenes or scripted scenes. That sort of stuff doesn't cater to my interests in terms of what I want out of a game.

And the little gameplay footage, as I said before, is quite unimpressive and doesn't look very fun.

If there is a postmortem article about Versus (by extension, I hope Versus comes out while I'm still in postsecondary so I can at least read the postmortem article without having to pay for the article), I'd love to read it. If they haven't come up with a vertical slice of that game at least by late 2011 or past that, that'd be pretty funny to me. It would truly indicate that the game's development cycle was pretty messed up.

dokish said:
I just bought a DSi XL. What should I play first, III or IV and why? ("BEST GAME EVAH!11" is not an answer)
Go with FFIV DS first. It's a better version of FFIV (ie: the augment system at least revamped the ability system and battle system somewhat), and <unbiased evaluation of FFIV's story> you sorta get the complete story out of it since they added some narrative scenes... so at least the character development is a little better than the original version's. </unbiased evaluation of FFIV's story>
I don't like FFIV's story.

FFIII DS isn't a good version of the game and I wish they'd put out an updated sprite version of it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
come on. i have some standards.
You confuse me endlessly. :/

You're probably one of the few people I know who likes GBA ports' sound output in general (outside of StHGBA which was awful, awful, awful). :lol

Games that were created from the ground-up for the GBA have fine sound (ex: Mother 3, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken, Golden Sun, etc), and older SNES games which were ported to the GBA are okay (ex: FFIV, FFV, etc.). But ports of games which came later in the SNES cycle don't feature a lot of good audio in general (ex: FFVI).

Gravijah

well, to be fair, i'm not exactly the biggest fan of the samples used in FFVI SNES. i don't dislike them, but they can be... boring.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
well, to be fair, i'm not exactly the biggest fan of the samples used in FFVI SNES. i don't dislike them, but they can be... boring.
I guess we can agree to disagree since I don't like the samples used for the FFVIII OST much either! :D

The Roland SC88 synthesizer Uematsu used for samples, I guess, ended up creating an odd combination of them for the BGM. Someone else in another thread brought up compressed sound for acoustics, drums, piano, etc. and that might be a factor as well.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I did a little bit of cleaning today and found a copy of this in my anime DVD pile:

x5XIv.jpg

I didn't like FF Unlimited very much. Actually, to be honest, I don't remember the plot in general. It must have been successful somewhat because it has some Drama CDs or novels associated with it or something?

I rented these VHS tapes often as a kid, and I think I liked it better than FFU at the time, but I'm positive that I probably wouldn't like it now:

9ugcu.jpg

So the two kids were Bartz's descendants or something? I can't remember half of the stuff in this.

To be honest, based on their movie output, I'm sort of glad they stepped out of stuff like this. The Spirits Within wasn't great and was filled with uncanny valley models, FFU was unmemorable, Legend of the Crystals is probably going to be utterly forgettable for me if I watch it now, and Advent Children is something I've watched three times and I still can't wrap my head around it but it looks pretty.

Just wondering what other people think of this stuff if they've seen it or gave it a chance.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Only ever saw Spirits Within and Advent Children.
The Spirits Within was very impressive when it was released (from a technological point of view), story was never very good, but it's also not worse than most other stuff in cinemas.
Advent Children is the reason I can't be fully excited about a potential FFVII remake. I really hate everything about that movie.
FFU looks interesting, but I didn't hear much good about it.
Legend of the Crystals (that's the FFV sequel, isn't it?) was never released here.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, TSW was impressive at the time. I remember that they were talking about it on CNN and saying that films like that would be the future (to their credit, there are more 3D animated films for children than there are regular 2D animated films). Watching it now, though, Aki's face and movements really bug me.

As for Advent Children, it's not like I don't understand what's happening because ACC remedied that somewhat, it's that I don't really find myself caring much about it in general. It just doesn't seem like a very cohesive film to me. And I like FFVII, so I should be getting something out of the action scenes, and while they look pretty, I'm not getting much out of them.

Honestly, I feel as though should they ever decide to remake FFVII, it will certainly take a lot of nods from that movie, and I don't really want it to.

The only good thing about final fantasy unlimited was the music and the summoning part ..
as for the rest ..i just don't understand what happenned.

Legend of the crystal was kinda cool ..i'm just sad that it isn't longer ..it's much better if you watch it with FF5 fresh in your mind

Spirits within isn't that bad as everyone says now . Sure there was some low moments but i think it was fine
( to see once )

Advent children story is a mess of cool things but the action and the direction was more than enough ... it's a movies trully directed at the fans of the game and it does the work intended. no complains

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Catering to action in AC is all fine and dandy, but the glue holding the movie together--the narrative elements/plot--seemed subpar and weak. Sometimes seemingly nonexistent. I like FFVII a lot, and it certainly feels like a love letter to fans of that game, but for some reason the movie didn't appeal to me, even when I was trying to 'get' it after three viewings.

It's simply a very pretty and actiony movie. Everything else is just... well, I'm not sure what to call it, really. I guess I was expecting something with more narrative substance rather than aesthetics or random fight scenes to watch. In some respects, the narrative and dialogue scenes seemed like filler or reasons to add characters whom you might remember from FFVII, while the action scenes were the main course, which wasn't what I was looking for. It's pretty, but brainless.

To be honest, in some bits of the movie, I felt that the action scenes were a little boring. The part where they fight the Bahamut thing was pretty neat, though. Some of the fight scene direction seemed a little sloppy.

Truly, the best thing that came out of that movie was Reno and Rude's synergy.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's better than vanilla AC since they added to the plot somewhat (like adding Denzel's story so that he's not some random kid, for example), and changed the Sephiroth fight scene a little so that Cloud gets messed up a little more.

I still don't like it very much though. *shrug*

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest

He just has a really bad character design for me, plus his character arc is sadly still unfinished. I'm here waiting for an explanation to the secret ending of DoC and maybe a game that can give Genesis some depth.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
He just has a really bad character design for me, plus his character arc is sadly still unfinished. I'm here waiting for an explanation to the secret ending of DoC and maybe a game that can give Genesis some depth.
Nope. I want Genesis unfinished so I can forget about him. Worst character ever with a dumb name, and the most mind-numbing dialogue/monologues. I'm not quite sure what they were thinking when they added him in, really. He wasn't needed, imo.

And, ew, Dirge...

jaxword

Nope. I want Genesis unfinished so I can forget about him. Worst character ever with a dumb name, and the most mind-numbing dialogue/monologues. I'm not quite sure what they were thinking when they added him in, really. He wasn't needed, imo.

They wanted to show other Super-SOLDIERs beyond just Sephiroth.

Not saying they did the best job, but the idea was that ShinRa's malfeasance has been creating monsters over and over and here's what happened last time one of them got loose.

jaxword

Does Dirge add any important story parts to the series? I couldn't get myself to play this longer than an hour.

Not really, but it did do ONE thing I liked: For years, FF fans speculated about Lucretia, in the usual horrible fan ways. What did that horrible Hojo DO to get Lucretia? Did he blackmail her? Was Vincent a heartbroken, spurned lover, separated from who he was fated to be with? Did Hojo rape Lucretia? Was Lucretia the victim in all of this and she really loved Vincent all along?

Nope, none of that. She didn't even really like Vincent, he just had a unrequited crush on her while she just had a thing for older, established men like Hojo. That's it.

I liked how all the tragic anime boy-lost-girl cliches that were imagined were completely shut down.

Other than that, the villains of Dirge were forgettable and the plot was stupid. Though it was very pretty.

Vincent's character was expanded, but not the best way--he comes across as a sad, lonely guy who can't relate to anyone. Somewhat understandable as he started off as an somewhat awkward guy and now fully really IS an alien outsider to humanity. Somewhat tragic, I suppose.

As for what Dirge added to the current FF canon:
1. Omega WEAPON, now neutralized and a constellation in the sky.
2. Reeve is running the WRO, an organization rebuilding the world.
3. ShinRa is still operating, but behind the scenes now since their name is somewhat tainted.
4. The FF world now has working internet (this is a major plot point). Hojo's brain was uploaded to it but may possibly be erased now.
5. All of ShinRa's remaining SOLDIERS are dead except for Genesis and possibly Weiss.
6. There's also a child-SOLDIER survivor called Shelke who may not be relevant in the future games. I suspect she will be part of the "next generation" of FF7's heroes along with Denzel and Marlene.
7. Cid is working hard to build a fleet of airships, he apparently found a cache of "ancient" technology somewhere...

Perfo

As for what Dirge added to the current FF canon:
1. Omega WEAPON, now neutralized and a constellation in the sky.
2. Reeve is running the WRO, an organization rebuilding the world.
3. ShinRa is still operating, but behind the scenes now since their name is somewhat tainted.
4. The FF world now has working internet (this is a major plot point). Hojo's brain was uploaded to it but may possibly be erased now.
5. All of ShinRa's remaining SOLDIERS are dead except for Genesis and possibly Weiss.
6. There's also a child-SOLDIER survivor called Shelke who may not be relevant in the future games. I suspect she will be part of the "next generation" of FF7's heroes along with Denzel and Marlene.
7. Cid is working hard to build a fleet of airships, he apparently found a cache of "ancient" technology somewhere...

Reading all this I think Square Enix for a moment thought to create a full-fledged Sequel to Final Fantasy VII. I mean, if you played DoC, Before Crisis and Crisis Core you know all these titles are all pieces of a puzzle anticipating the future. It'll be cool if someday they finally deliver the promises they made and release a true jRPG sequel to this classic :p
For me at least.

/out before fanboys for the "purity of ff7" kick my ass!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Prototype Tidus is the only one whom I'd take over the other two (whose designs were much, much better in FFX proper). Just change the colour scheme to the regular Zanarkand kit from FFX and he'll be okay.

FFX Yuna is one of my favourite character designs.

Not really, but it did do ONE thing I liked: For years, FF fans speculated about Lucretia, in the usual horrible fan ways. What did that horrible Hojo DO to get Lucretia? Did he blackmail her? Was Vincent a heartbroken, spurned lover, separated from who he was fated to be with? Did Hojo rape Lucretia? Was Lucretia the victim in all of this and she really loved Vincent all along?

Nope, none of that. She didn't even really like Vincent, he just had a unrequited crush on her while she just had a thing for older, established men like Hojo. That's it.
Not to mention that she knew Vincent's father and felt guilty about him dying or some nonsense. I think that was the reason they put forth for her to distance herself away from Vincent?

What kind of name is Grimoire Valentine, anyway? He's not a book or voiced by Liam O'Brien...

Dirge simply seemed like their own way to make Vincent Cloud's foil, I guess.

Perfo said:
/out before fanboys for the "purity of ff7" kick my ass!
It isn't about purity, though. It's about simplicity.

Final Fantasy VII had a rather simple 'save the world' narrative while dealing with some complex themes like death, unrequited love, psychosis, research ethics and human experimentation, corporatocracy/corporatism, etc. If you take it all at face value, it's fine, and very enjoyable to experience again and again. When you explore the complexities deeply and add layers and layers on top of that complexity (like what AC/ACC and CC did), it's easier to see the flaws and holes in the plot.

The only thing that got kind of crazy is the fanfare towards the characters; people didn't (in my experience, anyway) attach themselves to the story. They really loved the characters. They wanted more Cloud, Vincent and Sephiroth because they looked cool. They wanted more Tifa because they thought she was hot. They wanted more Cid because he was a snarky asshole. That's what they wanted. I don't think people wanted more complexity to the story at all. They wanted to see more of those characters without effing up the story by adding new characters (who just don't seem well-liked in general, like Genesis). A few people I know who were really into FFVII don't like AC/ACC or CC in general because they just don't like the narratives of those games and they tend to focus on people whom they don't care for (ex: Dirge with the Deepground, for example).

A lot of guys I know seemed to have started their love affair with Sephiroth based on this cutscene alone, now that I think about it. Haha.

Perfo

I get your point and I realize also they fucked up a bit by adding things not necessary touched in the original, included new characters. But it's not that new titles are there ruining the first one, that one still remains intact. It's just for people that wants more of that universe and are willing to accept everything offering a bit of that. For example, reliving certain classic moments in Crisis Core almost felt like having played a remake. It was cool as hell to me. Same goes for Advent Children, Denzel's story and so on. I'm a sucker for plot holes or the "to be continued", so it should not come as a surprise if I like when they expand universes I loved, like the one in VII. It could've been done better? That's for sure.

Jucksalbe

Banned
The only thing that got kind of crazy is the fanfare towards the characters; people didn't (in my experience, anyway) attach themselves to the story. They really loved the characters. [..]

To be fair, a lot of people didn't even have the chance to care for any depth in the story because the translation made it impossible to do so. At least I know the German translation is so bad that you really miss out on a lot of parts. And it seems most other languages aren't any better. I played the game in English for the first time when the PSN version was released. While this is still far away from anything resembling a good translation, it's still a lot better than any of the others. It seems they based all European translations on the English one and added even more nonsense on top.
So how should you care for a story where every nuance is lost?

Personally, I wouldn't want a FFVII sequel because all the other games they made around FFVII are very different in style, with AC being closer to Dissidia than FFVII. I'd think that a sequel would be closer to that than the original.

They could change the art on an FF7 remake. They could change the battle system. They could even change the script. The one, single, solitary thing I hope they do NOT do is add Genesis to the game in any way, shape, or form.

Perfo

The one, single, solitary thing I hope they do NOT do is add Genesis to the game in any way, shape, or form.

On the contrary, I'd prefer the remake of Final Fantasy VII to give coherence to the entire Compilation of FFVII. And that means introducing Genesis in some way from FFVII, Cisnei ecc. - that would be the only chance given to cover some plot holes the sequels and prequels took with them.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
But it's not that new titles are there ruining the first one, that one still remains intact. It's just for people that wants more of that universe and are willing to accept everything offering a bit of that.
But fans of FFVII do want more of that universe, so AC/ACC, BC, and CC are targeted to them. They (I'm generalizing here since I realize that you--and a lot of people on GAF--are an exception) aren't just willing to put up with everything that SE gives them because it appears that since they've experienced more books, games, and movies, they want more competency and consistency with regards to storytelling. Like, not a lot of people who were into FFVII that I knew dig people like Denzel ("that random kid in FFVII") or Genesis at all.

Edit: Actually, tone is a good one. I know a few who disagree with me, but I feel like Crisis Core kind of retained some of FFVII's tone with regards to balancing humour and seriousness (which sort of fell apart towards the end--but it did that legitimately). Dirge and AC/ACC shifted the original FFVII tone completely to one end of the spectrum focusing on complete seriousness, which made it unpalatable for some FFVII fans, I feel.

So how should you care for a story where every nuance is lost?

Personally, I wouldn't want a FFVII sequel because all the other games they made around FFVII are very different in style, with AC being closer to Dissidia than FFVII. I'd think that a sequel would be closer to that than the original.
This is true. The first version of the game that I completely played through was the PC version and I think they cleaned up some of the mistakes a little bit (Barret and Cid were censored more). I've never played the Japanese version so I don't know if the dialogue or narrative are as vague as the English version (probably not). I do think I can attribute this a little bit to the fact that I was quite young when FFVII was released on the PS1/PC, so people I knew thought it was a huge spectacle with a bunch of cool-looking characters, cool limit breaks, cool summons, and cool cutscenes.

I don't really care for the Compilation of FFVII, to be honest with you. The base game is fine as-is. However, the Zack and Turks parts of Crisis Core were fine, too. The goofiness of the fangirl letters and some of Zack's and Cissnei's dialogue was reminiscent of FFVII to me.

The one, single, solitary thing I hope they do NOT do is add Genesis to the game in any way, shape, or form.
They're going to force Genesis on you and you will like it!

Gravijah said:
vincent is the absolute worst ff7 character.
Dirge made me care for him even less. At least we have The Nightmare's Beginning to enjoy.

Top Bottom