• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Mario007

Yeah, they're all on RPG Site.

As for 13-3... I think there's no doubt Toriyama is leading it again. He seems to be the only one at SE who likes that world/characters just based on things I've heard/been asked by various people in the company.

In interviews after XIII-2's release, you'll notice he's never once commented on fan/reviewer reception to the story.

Great, will head over and read through them!

How does he get a greenlight for his FFXIII projects if people within the company dislike it? Moreover, how did they approve a cliffhanger ending? Damn that's some serious mismanagement, if you don't like your writer/director you should restrain or fire him and not give him another game to make. Now, I did enjoy the three new characters he created for FF XIII-2 (Noel, Caiuss and Yuel) but still, the guy tried and failed (in FF terms) 3 times in a row with console Final Fantasies (FFX-2, FFXIII, FFXIII-2).

You're right there actually. I didn't notice it but he never did comment on the story. It's kind of weird that he can't accept criticism for his work. I mean it's great that he's so enthusiastic about it, but still.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
There's definitely a lot of mismanagement going on... why do you think Nomura is allowed to basically do whatever he wants with next to no consequence?

Mario007

There's definitely a lot of mismanagement going on... why do you think Nomura is allowed to basically do whatever he wants with next to no consequence?

I always assumed because his ideas actually benefit the company, looking back at KH franchise, Dissidia, TWEWY (though obviously he was in a much lesser capacity here) and obviously Versus which is hugely anticipate. I never really had a problem with Nomura too much. I feel his antics can be tolerated since his output matches them.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I always assumed because his ideas actually benefit the company, looking back at KH franchise, Dissidia, TWEWY (though obviously he was in a much lesser capacity here) and obviously Versus which is hugely anticipate. I never really had a problem with Nomura too much. I feel his antics can be tolerated since his output matches them.

To what extent though? Look how long Versus XIII is taking... expectations have inflated to absurd levels because of it and if he doesn't deliver... well, let's just say the franchise will be in an even worst position in the mindset of fans than it is now.

Mario007

To what extent though? Look how long Versus XIII is taking... expectations have inflated to absurd levels because of it and if he doesn't deliver... well, let's just say the franchise will be in an even worst position in the mindset of fans than it is now.

True that, though I always attributed the Versus situation to simply being a case of announcing it too soon. Didn't the actual development start in 2009 or around there after crystal tools was finally finished? Also Square PR seems to be doing a bad job here as Nomura clearly wants to talk about the game. I'd equate it to the current Bioshock Infinite problems- simply the director is a perfectionist and very ambitious. But it could
very well damage the brand I agree. My perception of the development process could be wrong though.

jaxword

I just started playing Final Fantasy 6 for the first time. I don't think I've completed any SNES Final Fantasy games.. Any tips? Please no spoilers.. (I will not be using a guide)

It's pretty easy. You can't get into any no-win situations and most bosses can be beaten by brute force. In fact almost no bosses have the more complex strategies that the later FFs have. You'll know when you do, though.

Tips: explore everywhere, there's hidden chests all over the place and fake walls. Also, accessories pretty much make or break victory, so learn to use them all.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
True that, though I always attributed the Versus situation to simply being a case of announcing it too soon. Didn't the actual development start in 2009 or around there after crystal tools was finally finished? Also Square PR seems to be doing a bad job here as Nomura clearly wants to talk about the game. I'd equate it to the current Bioshock Infinite problems- simply the director is a perfectionist and very ambitious. But it could
very well damage the brand I agree. My perception of the development process could be wrong though.

One of the great mysteries of the universe.

Natetan

well, i just did a speed run of FFIV in one sitting. Ah so fun. The grinding of mech dragons is a bit tedious, but other than that its quite fun.

One question. I noticed that slow works on a lot of enemies, but does it really do anything? Seems like slow and haste arent quite as good a spells as in the other ff games...

Gravijah

because he is motherfuckin' Nomura. who is going to say no to him? he'd whip out his belt like pootie tang.

Coldsnap

It's pretty easy. You can't get into any no-win situations and most bosses can be beaten by brute force. In fact almost no bosses have the more complex strategies that the later FFs have. You'll know when you do, though.

Tips: explore everywhere, there's hidden chests all over the place and fake walls. Also, accessories pretty much make or break victory, so learn to use them all.

Great, thanks

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Every time I think of importing Type-0, I start thinking of how I didn't like the first demo too much until I started to use the likes of King, Machina, and Rem. The second demo is an improvement in terms of gathering Phantoma and fixing the camera a bit, but I wasn't completely sold. Bebpo's final impressions in the OT toned down my hype for the game overall... which is a huge shame because this was the game in the entire FNC business that I'd been looking forward to.

I ended up spoiling the story for myself and was kind of turned off by at least one of the themes in the narrative for various reasons. I'd still like to play the game to say that I played it, at least, and thus I'd be able to talk about it from a fair and critical standpoint. There are people on GAF who really like it, but the stuff that I'd been looking forward to (ex: RTS battles, world map, quests, game structure/level design, balancing, etc.) doesn't seem to be that great. That impression could certainly change if I play the full game.

Anyone know if playing it on Vita would fix some of the concerns with the camera + pulling up the menu with stuff like party swap/SO missions with the D-pad? I didn't like the controls in either demo at all, and I'd played both on PSP.

I'll say that the Bump of Chicken single and the OST are good! I have the first print of that Bump of Chicken single and the cover is fantastic.

well, i just did a speed run of FFIV in one sitting. Ah so fun. The grinding of mech dragons is a bit tedious, but other than that its quite fun.

One question. I noticed that slow works on a lot of enemies, but does it really do anything? Seems like slow and haste arent quite as good a spells as in the other ff games...
Both Slow and Haste have an effect even if you can't visibly see the ATB bars light up in this version. Slow is your best friend. The speed modifier in this game by default is 16. The highest the modifier can go is 32, and the lowest it can go is 12. If it's a low number, you'll have a faster ATB bar fill/you'll be able to choose commands faster and more often. If it's a higher number, you have the opposite. You can have Haste and Slow affect the same target and how fast the ATB bar fills/how often you choose attacks will be dictated by the math.

Slow will increase the modifier by 8 points. Haste will decrease the modifier by three.

If you cast stuff like Slow, Sleep, or Stop on an enemy, the chances of stealing something will be higher.

Slow is stackable.

Interestingly, I've noticed that if the enemy is immune to Slow, it'll be immune to Haste.

In short, yes, both will be effective in FFIV. You don't need it in easier versions of FFIV, though.

Mxrz

What happened with Matsuno, anyway? He really never going to make another console game? Disappointing to think there'll never be anything to top luct if not.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
When they port it to something else...? A digital/physical release on PSP may not be as profitable for them, I guess? (On that note, I'm baffled they haven't released Crisis Core on PSN yet.)

I always expected that game to come out here in some capacity, though, and I expected a port to Vita or HD remaster to PS3/360 or something at E3 but we got nothing.

Wonder if that FF Anniversary Event's gonna have stuff that'll be exclusive to Japan or if it'll be for worldwide? I'm looking forward to it. >.>

Gravijah

When they port it to something else...? A digital/physical release on PSP may not be as profitable for them, I guess? (On that note, I'm baffled they haven't released Crisis Core on PSN yet.)

I always expected that game to come out here in some capacity, though, and I expected a port to Vita or HD remaster to PS3/360 or something at E3 but we got nothing.

Wonder if that FF Anniversary Event's gonna have stuff that'll be exclusive to Japan or if it'll be for worldwide?

if a 3DS/Vita port doesn't happen, there's always the inevitable remake in a decade or two.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
it will come. just you wait.

p.s. i think FFXIII's OST has cracked my top 3. i need to give it more time to sink in, though.
You can't easily remake spritework like this... Crazy old men going crazy, etc.

TROMY.png

I love FFXIII's OST. I get why people don't like it, but I love what Hamauzu and co. (adding the co. because other people did arrange some stuff on it and you can easily tell too) did with it.

Are you planning on doing all the missions and stuff?

Gravijah

i'm not entirely sure if i will do all of 'em, but i will do a large majority. i've done about 20, but at the moment i'm going forward with the story so i can get the next level of the Crystarium unlocked.

which brings me to Gran Pulse... i reallllllly love this place. the combination of music and visuals really stirs up my emotions.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
How does he get a greenlight for his FFXIII projects if people within the company dislike it?

Who said that people in the company dislike him? I think Y.Kitase for example sort of enjoys his company and works, or else wouldn't produce his games. Let's put it this way: M.Toriyama is for now the only director at Square Enix which HD games gets released and sell well on the market, granting profits. When as comparisons you have NiER, Last Remnant, FFXIV and the lost-in-development Versus XIII... you understand why M.Toriyama gets all the support he wants.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Man, I remember when I didn't like Nier and then I hit a point during my playthrough where I started loving Nier.

i'm not entirely sure if i will do all of 'em, but i will do a large majority. i've done about 20, but at the moment i'm going forward with the story so i can get the next level of the Crystarium unlocked.

which brings me to Gran Pulse... i reallllllly love this place. the combination of music and visuals really stirs up my emotions.
Missions 51, 62 and 64 are my favourite missions in the game, so you should try to get those done. (Nah, you don't have to, but they're the bestest missions in the game in terms of utilizing your classes properly and efficiently, while making combat look good at the same time.)

I love Mission 51 so much. Best mission.

I actually don't like Chapter 11 as much as a lot of people seem to do. On my second playthrough, I realized that I kind of preferred the rapid-fire earlier chapters prior to Chapter 9 because the mid-chapters like chapters 7 and 8 is where some good stuff happened. Chapter 11 is where everything seems to fall off a cliff in terms of storytelling and weaving the cutscenes together (in that everything seemed so... disjointed and out-of-place there... almost like there should have been more to that chapter in terms of narrative), but whatever.

Natetan

Both Slow and Haste have an effect even if you can't visibly see the ATB bars light up in this version. Slow is your best friend. The speed modifier in this game by default is 16. The highest the modifier can go is 32, and the lowest it can go is 12. If it's a low number, you'll have a faster ATB bar fill/you'll be able to choose commands faster and more often. If it's a higher number, you have the opposite. You can have Haste and Slow affect the same target and how fast the ATB bar fills/how often you choose attacks will be dictated by the math.

Slow will increase the modifier by 8 points. Haste will decrease the modifier by three.

If you cast stuff like Slow, Sleep, or Stop on an enemy, the chances of stealing something will be higher.

Slow is stackable.

Interestingly, I've noticed that if the enemy is immune to Slow, it'll be immune to Haste.

In short, yes, both will be effective in FFIV. You don't need it in easier versions of FFIV, though.

That's cool. I just don't really feel like the enemies are actually slowing down when I hit them with it.

It's amazing though that you can hit all enemies with it and it usually hits even on bosses.

Mario007

What happened with Matsuno, anyway? He really never going to make another console game? Disappointing to think there'll never be anything to top luct if not.

He doesn't like big projects. He feels there's too much pressure/expectations.

Wonder if that FF Anniversary Event's gonna have stuff that'll be exclusive to Japan or if it'll be for worldwide? I'm looking forward to it. >.>

Vita port is what seems most likely at the moment. A console release doesn't seem to make much sense. There was a rumor that Sony wanted additional content for a port on Vita.

Who said that people in the company dislike him? I think Y.Kitase for example sort of enjoys his company and works, or else wouldn't produce his games. Let's put it this way: M.Toriyama is for now the only director at Square Enix which HD games gets released and sell well on the market, granting profits. When as comparisons you have NiER, Last Remnant, FFXIV and the lost-in-development Versus XIII... you understand why M.Toriyama gets all the support he wants.

Wada openly said that current FF titles don't have as high quality as the previous FFs. Also Toriyama is actually the only one with a team that makes consoles games within Square. You could argue Nomura has his KH team, but even at that that's not as many peolpe as Toriyama has. So it is pretty reasonable to assume Toriyama should be able to produce HD games. Now if the sales of those games are awful and he still wants to continue on with the saga, that just can't be allowed to happen from a company point of view (especially since they are spending so much on reviving the FF brand after FFXIV). And, to be sure, it's his writing skills which are being questioned here which has nothing to do with game development as surely there are other competent writers in Square Enix.

Perfo

Wada openly said that current FF titles don't have as high quality as the previous FFs.

Man, that's just PR talk to say (and starting to hype) that the next FF is going to be better than FFVII, which is not necessary the best FF but just the one with the highest sales. In my opinion, there's been a misunderstanding of his words, a mix of words trying to justify the lack of a remake and at the same time to say that FFVII will be topped again soon. No sane CEO would say to investors that the last fifteen years of videogames produced by his SH have been shit. Especially when FFVIII, IX and many others in this same series are equal already or are better than FFVII itself. They just didn't sell the same, but that doesn't tell anything about the quality of VII.

Also Toriyama is actually the only one with a team that makes consoles games within Square.

NieR and Last Remnant, if I'm not mistaken, were both internally developed. So it's Versus XIII, Final Fantasy XIV and lastly Dragon Quest X.

Now if the sales of those games are awful and he still wants to continue on with the saga, that just can't be allowed to happen from a company point of view

Who decided that 6,5 ml+ and 2,0 ml+ are bad sales? Apparently FFXIII gave S-E the best fiscal year ever had together with DQIX, and FFXIII-2 gave a positive fiscal quarter last time. We're getting more XIII games not because M.Toriyama is lazy but because producers at S-E consider XIII's games quite profitable.

And, to be sure, it's his writing skills which are being questioned here which has nothing to do with game development as surely there are other competent writers in Square Enix.

His writing skills are bad, but I really don't remember any FF with "great writing". They're all on the same level to me, more or less. Maybe only XII tried hard doing things differently.

Mario007

Man, that's just PR talk to say (and starting to hype) that the next FF is going to be better than FFVII, which is not necessary the best FF but just the one with the highest sales. In my opinion, there's been a misunderstanding of his words, a mix of words trying to justify the lack of a remake and at the same time to say that FFVII will be topped again soon. No sane CEO would say to investors that the last fifteen years of videogames produced by his SH have been shit. Especially when FFVIII, IX and many others in this same series are equal already or are better than FFVII itself. They just didn't sell the same, but that doesn't tell anything about the quality of VII.

NieR and Last Remnant, if I'm not mistaken, were both internally developed. So it's Versus XIII, Final Fantasy XIV and lastly Dragon Quest X.

Nier was outsourced as far as I know, Last Remnant was an UE3 game and DQX is a Wii game.

Wada actually referred the to quality of recent FF titles being lacking outside of the FFVII comment as far as I remember. Toriyama himself acknowledged it when he says that he's sad that Wada thinks so because Toriyama personally thinks the recent titles were of great quality.

Who decided that 6,5 ml+ and 2,0 ml+ are bad sales? Apparently FFXIII gave S-E the best fiscal year ever had together with DQIX, and FFXIII-2 gave a positive fiscal quarter last time. We're getting more XIII games not because M.Toriyama is lazy but because producers at S-E consider XIII's games quite profitable.

6.5 mil is great, but the drop-off from 6.5 to 2 mil is huge. We're talking about hurting the franchise here, which is something Wada explicitly said recent titles have hurt the FF brand and that is why SE is putting so much money into FFXIV to repair the brand. It's a serious case of mismanagement when you spent so much money on fixing FFXIV and then announce that there will be another game for FFXIII saga, when the drop-off in interest was unlike any other previous game in the franchise.

(I actually liked FFXIII and FFXIII-2, though I do have my issues with both of them but I felt both were much better than FFXII)

His writing skills are bad, but I really don't remember any FF with "great writing". They're all on the same level to me, more or less. Maybe only XII tried hard doing things differently.]

And this is where he fails as a director. He should see that it is his story that people have issues with and ask someone else to write the story. Maybe give him some concepts but the writer should be definitely better. When you compare the ending of FFXIII, the complete turn-around from all the character development in chapters 1-11 or the very badly explained elements of time travel in FFXIII-2 along with the dialogues and monologues in both games with FFX or FFIX or FFVIII or FFVII or any other title in the series you'd see that Toriyama's story is quite awful and below the standard of the series.

Further in FFXIII... I know a lot of people on GAF seemed to HATE the game, but at this point (without implying there aren't good reasons - there certainly are) I'd be curious to know the reasons behind someone's strong dislike of the game - *assuming* they made it past the horrible first chapters. I have gone from enjoying the combat to enjoying the game as a whole. The main thing I still very much dislike (besides the inexcusable 10 hours long tutorial) is the general design of the world - but again that clean-futuristic design has been going in since FFX (perhaps even parts of VIII included), so that speaks more generally about FF/SE than this particular game at this point. And the summons are so bad they are almost amusing. Can't wait to see whatever shitty vehicles will pop up for Vanille, Fang and Hope.

Combat remains tons of fun, especially when saber's edge is playing. I had very low expectations for the music, and while I would not necessarily put this game's ost among the series best, the boss theme is probably the best i have yet listened to.

Gravijah

Combat remains tons of fun, especially when saber's edge is playing. I had very low expectations for the music, and while I would not necessarily put this game's ost among the series best, the boss theme is probably the best i have yet listened to.

amusingly, i think the main boss theme is one of the weakest in the series. IX & XIII both have two of my least favorite normal boss themes.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
amusingly, i think the main boss theme is one of the weakest in the series. IX & XIII both have two of my least favorite normal boss themes.
Excuse me?

*takes off earrings* We are going to need to have a little talk... Desperate Struggle is the weaker boss theme in that game. Sabre's Edge is excellent composition and arrangement.

Gravijah

Excuse me?

*takes off earrings* We are going to need to have a little talk... Desperate Struggle is the weaker boss theme in that game. Sabre's Edge is excellent composition and arrangement.

don't get me wrong, it's a really good song. it's just... i dunno, as a boss theme? one of my least favorites. though now that i'm re-listening to them, i'm mostly thinking of Desperate Struggle. Sabre's Edge is definitely superior.

both of them need more rock organ, though.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Rock organs have no place in the Fabula Nova Crystallis games cuz they take themselves seriously. :p

(kidding.)

But yeah, Desperate Struggle < Sabre's Edge, like it's not even close. By the end of my platinum run on my second playthrough of the game, I began to despise Blinded by Light too, but you probably won't get to that point, lol.

Just started up a new file of XII and was reminded that despite being a big fan of the series I don't think I've once posted in this topic. I think it's mostly because I suspected a lot of the discussion would be about stuff associated with Fabula Nova Crystalis and I've long since lost interest in the whole project. Well, except for a stateside release of Type-0.

But anyway, as much as I dislike XIII as a game, I will say that its boss theme is easily one of my favorites in the series.

But no boss theme gets me pumped more than III's. But I'm like that game's only fan.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Just started up a new file of XII and was reminded that despite being a big fan of the series I don't think I've once posted in this topic. I think it's mostly because I suspected a lot of the discussion would be about stuff associated with Fabula Nova Crystalis and I've long since lost interest in the whole project. Well, except for a stateside release of Type-0.
Nah. We talk about all of the FFs in here. Seems like a lot of the people who post in here enjoy talking about all the games, not just the latest ones~ So just bring up whatever you'd like. Movies, books, ultimanias, games, whatever.

It's just a lot of talk about the games specifically has been relegated to the Final Fantasy Anniversary thread at the moment cuz most people are posting about their playthroughs in that thread.

Gravijah

But no boss theme gets me pumped more than III's. But I'm like that game's only fan.

i think that game has one of the absolute boss battle themes in the series, so you are not alone. one of the best normal battle themes, too!

But yeah, Desperate Struggle < Sabre's Edge, like it's not even close. By the end of my platinum run on my second playthrough of the game, I began to despise Blinded by Light too, but you probably won't get to that point, lol.

i think one playthrough is enough for now, so i don't see myself hating Blinded by Light anytime soon. i still have to play through XIII-2 at somepoint, too.

DR2K

Banned
Decided to play FFIX since that was the least replayed FF. Soundtrack is good, nowhere near as good as VII or VIII, but solid.

A few things that confuse me is the fact that they reveal Daggar can use Summons via the battle menu. FFIX official guide is the most worthless piece of crap I've ever read, what on earth was square thinking with Play online integration? How on earth can this game be beaten in 12 hours?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The Olympics are over and I'm so sad. ;_;

Decided to play FFIX since that was the least replayed FF. Soundtrack is good, nowhere near as good as VII or VIII, but solid.

A few things that confuse me is the fact that they reveal Daggar can use Summons via the battle menu. FFIX official guide is the most worthless piece of crap I've ever read, what on earth was square thinking with Play online integration? How on earth can this game be beaten in 12 hours?
Quit going through tons of battles, don't waste time in towns (ie: skip side content and skip all ATEs) and take the direct paths to everything, use the same people and boost them up as much throughout the game, learn and opening the disc drive to skip cutscenes (which add 2 hours of playtime alone). Save often and reset when you think battles are taking too long. You can do it in 8-10 hours.

Mash through the dialogue too. Fights should take 1-3 turns.

You can take advantage of an overflow glitch: make the game complete 100 hours of gameplay 256 times to make it overflow and restart at 0 hours. Uh, but this can take years. You must make it overflow. Letting it roll back once is not enough.

That FFIX guide is a piece of crap. I have it behind a stack of games in a shelf somewhere and I've only used it once because it was so bad. What a waste of money, and I was on 56K at the time. :|

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think I have the FF8 guide stashed around somewhere, but I don't think I used it much outside of wondering where some GFs were. I have the FFVII PC guide, but it's kind of busted up from everyone in my family and all my friends using it and writing extra strategies in it.

I keep the FF7 PC guide out of nostalgia, and that's partially because the PC version was the first version of the game I'd ever played, and because everyone ended up treating it like a yearbook, lol.

Boss Battle from FFXII is awesome, btw. Takes a while to get to the awesome part, but it's good. And I have to give love to Battle 2 from FF5 some credit because of dat bass.

Perfo

Nier was outsourced as far as I know, Last Remnant was an UE3 game and DQX is a Wii game.

I didn't know about NieR, the other two can be considered full console games and I don't understand what has to do with LR the fact that it runs on UE3. It was a bad game (with good points of course) that sold shit, like all the other HD games Square Enix produced in Japan during this generation, outsourced or not. In the mean time two titles have been successfull and essential to S-E to survive: XIII and XIII-2. Not FFXIV, for now not Versus, no Type-0, Kingdom Hearts or any other brand.

Wada actually referred the to quality of recent FF titles being lacking outside of the FFVII comment as far as I remember. Toriyama himself acknowledged it when he says that he's sad that Wada thinks so because Toriyama personally thinks the recent titles were of great quality.

Again, like I told you already, for me that's just PR talk to say that the next FF is going to be the best FF evah. Same thing Nintendo does when refers to OOT as the best in the series.

6.5 mil is great, but the drop-off from 6.5 to 2 mil is huge.

This is not a race in which the one that sells the most wins. This has all to do with profits, and XIII-2 generated plenty of profits apparently for them. It has been developed in a little less than one year and half, recycling the shit out of XIII, making use of DLCs (that weekly were the top sellers on PSN). Costed way less than XIII, way more less than Versus and XIV and managed to be a key title in their earnings because of this. Something XIV didn't achieve and Versus will have problems achieving. We don't know how much they got with XIII, but I wouldn't be surprised if XIII-2 to them made the same profits without even selling as much, considering the short development time, the recycle of assets ect.

The reason they're willing to make more XIII games is proof already that XIII is a key-title to their present and future success and part of a new found strategy. Plus, we really don't know how much the XIII franchise is damaging the entire IP, we will find an answer when XV will be released one day.

Again, I invite people to see XIII-2 as a replacement for minor-spin offs. In my opinion S-E just realized that developing sequels or prequels to main entries is more successfull than continuing to develop series like Crystal Chronicles or Tactics, thus the reason why they don't announce anymore that many minor spin-offs like few years ago and decided instead to focus on XIII-2 and XIII-3. This is something we should get used to because I'm pretty confident in saying that from now every main entry in this series will be developed as a multiple-episode entry. This is essential to the strenghtning of Final Fantasy like Wada predicted few years ago. Less minor title, more main entries. Better critical reception, better fans' reactions, better sales. It's a winning situation to them, it's a better situation for players.

Instead of Crystal Bearers I got XIII-2. I'm happy this way.

We're talking about hurting the franchise here, which is something Wada explicitly said recent titles have hurt the FF brand and that is why SE is putting so much money into FFXIV to repair the brand.

They're trying to repair FFXIV not to save the name of Final Fantasy (it's an mmorpg a minority of fans wanted or played), that's just again PR bullshit, they're doing it because FFXI have been essential to them regarding profits, and all the investments went into FFXIV have been 'till now wasted, and they don't have a back-up plan to develop another MMORPG in the next few years. Essentially, Square Enix wants a profitable MMORPG on the market and instead of starting anew the development of a new title in the genre, they decided to repair FFXIV. Not for the good name of FF (again, it's a title most of the fans never gave a fuck about, nor they'll look into it when repaired) but because they want money. FFXI have been the most profitable FF ever, so it sounds just natural for them to try to make some more money out of its sequel.

DR2K

Banned
The Olympics are over and I'm so sad. ;_;

Quit going through tons of battles, don't waste time in towns (ie: skip side content and skip all ATEs) and take the direct paths to everything, use the same people and boost them up as much throughout the game, learn and opening the disc drive to skip cutscenes (which add 2 hours of playtime alone). Save often and reset when you think battles are taking too long. You can do it in 8-10 hours.

Mash through the dialogue too. Fights should take 1-3 turns.

You can take advantage of an overflow glitch: make the game complete 100 hours of gameplay 256 times to make it overflow and restart at 0 hours. Uh, but this can take years. You must make it overflow. Letting it roll back once is not enough.

That FFIX guide is a piece of crap. I have it behind a stack of games in a shelf somewhere and I've only used it once because it was so bad. What a waste of money, and I was on 56K at the time. :|

Looks like I won't be getting Excalibur II anytime soon. . .

Top Bottom