• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
The drop rates on these heroics are a joke. 15 stamina for 1 or 2 3* orbs. I usually get that many in the hard one, with a ton of 2* to boot.

I battled on heroic between yesterday and today. So far I have not received even ONE greater orb of any kind. The more I play and grind the more this game pushes me to quit. The only reason I decided to get this is because it's a convenient portrait mode game, lol. That are very few games like that.

I think my time will be much better spent playing the old FF games / Chrono Trigger on an SNES emulator in portrait mode.

I battled on heroic between yesterday and today. So far I have not received even ONE greater orb of any kind. The more I play and grind the more this game pushes me to quit. The only reason I decided to get this is because it's a convenient portrait mode game, lol. That are very few games like that.

I think my time will be much better spent playing the old FF games / Chrono Trigger on an SNES emulator in portrait mode.

Heroic isn't supposed to make Greater orbs easy to farm, it's supposed to make normal orbs easy to farm, and greater orbs possible to get at the same time. It's pretty damned efficient in terms of stamina use for farming normal orbs. That should be your primary motivation for farming it, with greater orbs as an added bonus. Heroic orb dailies are worth it just for the normal orbs. I've run it about 6 times today and I've already gotten close to 8 lightning orbs. Before these dungeons came out, I would have used 90 stamina for 8 lightning orbs even if I knew I would get nothing else. The fact that I'm getting Dark, Earth, and Fire orbs with a rare chance of a greater orb is just icing on the cake.

Falk

that puzzling face
Design-wise I think they leave a bit to be desired though. I get that 'lol auto attack game' is a valid concern, but the abilities the monsters have in the heroic don't add any real depth, it just basically devolves into who gets the first few hits.

Yeah, it does amount to a gear/progression check, but it's one that relies heavily on RNG.

reKon

Banned
Heroic isn't supposed to make Greater orbs easy to farm, it's supposed to make normal orbs easy to farm, and greater orbs possible to get at the same time. It's pretty damned efficient in terms of stamina use for farming normal orbs. That should be your primary motivation for farming it, with greater orbs as an added bonus. Heroic orb dailies are worth it just for the normal orbs. I've run it about 6 times today and I've already gotten close to 8 lightning orbs. Before these dungeons came out, I would have used 90 stamina for 8 lightning orbs even if I knew I would get nothing else. The fact that I'm getting Dark, Earth, and Fire orbs with a rare chance of a greater orb is just icing on the cake.

I expected the greater orb drop rates to be low... but not getting a single one at all...?

C'mon now.

On Hard, I ended up at least picking up a few normal orbs at the very least.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I never managed to get the amount of 3* orbs on the hard daily that some of you get, so I'm finding heroic to be much, much better for those drops. Each heroic floor rarely gives me less than 4.

Falk

that puzzling face
I expected the greater orb drop rates to be low... but not getting a single one at all...?

C'mon now.

On Hard, I ended up at least picking up a few normal orbs at the very least.

Maybe they don't actually want everyone rocking 8 shots of Quake and Bladeblitz just yet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I rarely get less than four from a floor on Heroic.

I rarely get more than 2-3 (in fact I can't even remember get 4 or more). Got 1 on my first floor this morning. The rates are terrible. Hard for me still gives me Orbs and Lesser, which to some extent are still useful too. I've had only 1 Greater show up for the whole week and it was a bloody White one. Greater is way too rare to waste crucial stamina on.

Design-wise I think they leave a bit to be desired though. I get that 'lol auto attack game' is a valid concern, but the abilities the monsters have in the heroic don't add any real depth, it just basically devolves into who gets the first few hits.

Yeah, it does amount to a gear/progression check, but it's one that relies heavily on RNG.

I think part of the problem is that nobody has really been saving up RES gear. Try popping fully upgraded Shell Helms on everyone going into the Wednesday daily, for example, and it's a totally different game. Now think about how many Shell helms you've thrown away :)

I never managed to get the amount of 3* orbs on the hard daily that some of you get, so I'm finding heroic to be much, much better for those drops. Each heroic floor rarely gives me less than 4.

This... I'm averaging 7-9 normal orbs per heroic run (45 stamina) versus 2-3 on elite (30 stamina).

It definitely pays off, plus the added chance of getting the greater orbs (of which I've sadly only gotten about 3 of, but hey that's 3 more than I started with).

Shahed

Okay I've been thinking about this for a while, and I've decided to stop playing this game. I really enjoyed it at first with the whole nostalgia, recruiting characters I like and doing the paintinge in different worlds. But now that I'm over that, i feel all I'm doing is grinding and farming, the two absolute things I hate most about RPG's, the whole monotonous nature of those and the RNG systwm as well. Another problem is due to the Stamina system I find the game takes up too much of my day. Making sure to empty my stamina before I sleep, and again as soon as I wake up. Thrn there's even times during work I feel the need to burn some. Heck when I go out for a meal or to the cinema with friends, stamina is one of the things I think about! If there was a way to spend say £40 and.get unlimited stamina, I would have done so, but I can't be bothered anymore.

So for that reason I'm giving away my account. That should be possible with the One Time Code right?

While I didn't start playing this game day one, I have managed to recruit all characters available thus far. Ability wise I haven't done that well in terms of creating and/or honing the 3/4* stuff. I've gotten pretty lucky with relic pulls so have a good range of 4* and 5* gear on weapons and armour. FFVI and FFIV get destroyed in particular. In terms of levels most of the FF characters are very close to 50 except Josef who's in his mid 30's.

I'd rather give away the account to people who missed out on the earlier characters such as Tifa, Sephiroth, and the Cecils, but if no one bites I'd give it to other people as well. Reply here if interested and we can sort out the one time code through PM's

Any takers?

Nohar

... Seriously? The giant armored robot (let's call it Goldorak expy) hit for 3400+ damages on my level 50 Celes equipped with the Genji Shield (which means she has synergy)? And it wasn't even a critical hit?

What. the. hell. That Heroic difficulty is bullshit. It's either your strike first or they kill you on the spot.

*sigh* I just want 2 Superior Earth Orb to craft Quake. Will the Lenna event offer some to buy?

Ashodin

... Seriously? The giant armored robot (let's call it Goldorak expy) hit for 3400+ damages on my level 50 Celes equipped with the Genji Shield (which means she has synergy)? And it wasn't even a critical hit?

What. the. hell. That Heroic difficulty is bullshit. It's either your strike first or they kill you on the spot.
Otherwise known as s/l hell

Red Mage

I wish I had some of your guys' luck. I get 2 or 3 orbs per battle. I've gotten four a few times, but rarely. Never more.

I think part of the problem is that nobody has really been saving up RES gear. Try popping fully upgraded Shell Helms on everyone going into the Wednesday daily, for example, and it's a totally different game. Now think about how many Shell helms you've thrown away :)

0, because I haven't gotten any. Where do they drop?

Any takers?

I thought you were giving it to some dude's wife?

Xetherion

I have never even seen a Shell Helm, much less sold one.

Shahed

I wish I had some of your guys' luck. I get 2 or 3 orbs per battle. I've gotten four a few times, but rarely. Never more.

0, because I haven't gotten any. Where do they drop?

I thought you were giving it to some dude's wife?
We both thought that it'd be better to give it to a gaffer if they want it, and then only give it to her if no one bites. She might want some time to see if she likes the game first.

Roto13

Thanks. That's in middle of the night here, so guess I will just use my stamina for the daily then.

The non-elite paintings will be cheap and you'll get stamina shards for stamina refills anyway. Even if you were going to be awake later, there's not much reason not to spend your current stamina on the dailies. :)

*sigh* I just want 2 Superior Earth Orb to craft Quake. Will the Lenna event offer some to buy?

Do not specifically grind Heroic dailies for 4 star orbs, it will only end in frustration.

Falk

that puzzling face
The non-elite paintings will be cheap and you'll get stamina shards for stamina refills anyway. Even if you were going to be awake later, there's not much reason not to spend your current stamina on the dailies. :)

Do not specifically grind Heroic dailies for 4 star orbs, it will only end in frustration.

First paintings are FFVIII and drop 1 stamina shard each.

I'd actually just go to full stamina just to be safe, and then blow any excess on Humbaba runs.

Shahadan

Wha? I thought he was the easiest of the bunch, barely damages my party and goes down in one or two thunders.

Red Mage

It goes to show how unlucky I am with relic draws when I was really happy to get a 4* weapon (Crystal Sword, XII)

I feel you. Maybe I'm wrong, but making the chance slightly higher would probably result in more people spending money, wouldn't it? Like, if you knew you'd have a decent chance at getting 5* items, you'd be more tempted?

Xetherion

Not sure. I've thrown away at least 4, but I don't know where I got them from. 2* item, so it must be a boss of some dungeon.

Looked it up, it drops from Vargas apparently. Not sure what you farmed him for so much that you got enough to throw away 4. Also it's realm III synergy, not II, so it wouldn't help for the Wednesday daily.

Nohar

Wha? I thought he was the easiest of the bunch, barely damages my party and goes down in one or two thunders.

His single hit attack absolutly destroys my front-liners. Weirdly enough, Kain who is just equiped with a 4* FFIV helmet (and level 44) tanks its hits better than Celes with the Genji Shield (2400~ instead of 3400~). I'm kinda flabbergasted. He does go down rather quickly if I manage to stick Thundara in time (with some help from the front-liners).

Oh well, I guess I'll go back to Hard difficulty. I really need to improve 2* abilities that I already have.

Roto13

You can smite the dinozombie in today's heroic daily with healing match. Back to hell with you.

Just got a Greater Earth and Greater Dark orb from the same run with one floor left to go. They do exist.

Roto13

I'm 5 mythril away from an 11-pull but I'm going to wait until there's a weapon I want. Plus I'd like some more inventory slots.

Roto13

Damn. At this point I treat the daily pull like a gil pull because 99% of mine end up being an one star relic that I sell immediately.

I keep getting two stars, which is harder to automatically throw away than one star but probably just as useless in the long run. :p

I really wish I could enjoy this game again but it is in desperate, desperate need of an update on Android...

Still getting crashes randomly when scrolling my inventory.

Jyrii

Banned
Damn. At this point I treat the daily pull like a gil pull because 99% of mine end up being an one star relic that I sell immediately.

Yeah most are just one star crap, but today's pull for me was 3 star black belt gi (III).

Noi

I've gotten two 3* Flametongues from the daily pulls. You'd think the odds of it would be astronomically low given all the different shit you can get, but well, people do get multiple 5*s from 10+1 pulls so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom