• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 3 shards accumulated, we shouldn't need much more than 25-30 stamina to start the new dungeons, right?

33 stam for the ffviii dungeon to net 2 shards

Unfortunately the next two dungeons give four combined at a cost of 78 stam, so then it will be a wait.

Edit: I will do,ffviii then hop to xiii to unlock snow and then find another two shard target to get to 80 stam

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Sitting here resetting the Archaeosaur elite boss fight over and over again trying to get dark attack to land and blind this sucker. Blargh.

Roto13

No. Please elaborate, Im not sure what that is.

Record KEeper uses Webview on Android, and it's been causing problems for ages now.

Search for Webview in the Play Store and uninstall it. This will only uninstall its updates. It will probably automatically redownload them once a day, though. DeNA needs to fix it.

Ashodin

Record KEeper uses Webview on Android, and it's been causing problems for ages now.

Search for Webview in the Play Store and uninstall it. This will only uninstall its updates. It will probably automatically redownload them once a day, though. DeNA needs to fix it.

I update my apps and tell that app to never auto-update.

Falk what's the timer with stamina refresh

Falk

that puzzling face
I'll just go to bed now and wake up with a full stamina bar and then do Humbaba till I'm 33 stamina.

:(

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Thanks for the heads up, SunGod. I'm on UTC-3 so the dungeons will be up at a reasonable time for me.

I got a good number of responders for my crowd-sourced data project. So far everyone is doing the heroic daily (which I more or less expected), but I've got about 25 runs of it collected so far. Eventually (mostly as I get some more of the features working) I'll go a little bit wider. My ideal goal would be to have 1,000 people using this regularly. Could basically have the whole game's drop system solved at that point. Type in an item name, sort by Stamina/Drops, choose the one with the lowest value, farm. Might be wishful thinking, but even just 20 or 100 dedicated users would go a long way.

Is there a Google doc or something that just shows boss drops?

I know there was at one point, but all I see now are giant lists of all the one-star crap.

Road

Check the reddit post. Email address is at the bottom, I forgot to include it originally. Make sure to create a github account first and include your github username when you email. I failed to mention that the first time around so now everyone who emailed me already has to go create an account and then email me again, lol.

I'll see about sending an e-mail.

One question: Does it collect a bestiary?

---
Edit: Just read Japan got a "remove from all characters" equipment and abilities button. *checks calendar* It's going to be a painful six months wait. We need to pressure Square Enix and Dena to bring this basic, interface 101 stuff to the West sooner.

How many more classic dungeons to I need to finish to be done with the first update? I'm currently at tower of babil about to fight Rubicante whenever my stamina refills

I'll see about sending an e-mail.

One question: Does it collect a bestiary?

Depends what you mean. It does record each enemy's id along with the battle you saw it in each time that enemy drops something. It could certainly be extended to record every enemy that appeared, even if it didn't drop anything.

The game also sends full stat and ability lists for each enemy in each fight. So that could be reported too. That seems like more of a long term goal though.

Road

Depends what you mean. It does record each enemy's id along with the battle you saw it in each time that enemy drops something. It could certainly be extended to record every enemy that appeared, even if it didn't drop anything. The game also gives full stat and ability lists for each enemy in each fight. So that could be reported too. That seems like more of a long term goal though.

Yes, recording all enemy stats for each fight. It is necessary to have multiple entries for the same enemy since the stats and drops may vary depending on the fight. And by fight I mean each floor, not just dungeon.

Update in:
t1431651600z1.png

Don't know if I should run through the update today or just trying more orb farming...

Yes, recording all enemy stats for each fight. It is necessary to have multiple entries for the same enemy since the stats and drops may vary depending on the fight. And by fight I mean each floor, not just dungeon.

Update in:
t1431651600z1.png

Don't know if I should run through the update today or just trying more orb farming...

Certainly doable, especially if i limit it to just basic stats (hp/def/atk/etc). Gets complicated when you start adding in abilities, and moreso when dealing with an enemy with multiple "parts": still haven't totally figured out what all they data they're sending is

Does any new loot (or characters) come with the new dungeons? The existing FF8 stuff isn't great and I'm hoping to get some more 8 stuff in order to help clear out the back end of the Rinoa Dungeon on Elite at Master level.

A hundred Mythril for the typos please.

Josef's new Soul Break sucks. ;_; I was gonna try for an 11 pull with this banner, but none of the weapons appeal to me. (I love books, but Tyro is the only one who can use them currently, and I don't like him.) I guess I'll be keeping this Mythril for a while longer.

Edit: Snow get! :D

SunGod

Tyro's SB reduces damage (physical and magical) by 60% on all party members, I'm really tempted to blow my 140 (soon to be more I guess) mythril trying to get it. Stacks with protect and shell as well.

Anyway, I went through the RK wiki collating how many orbs we're going to receive as rewards for clearing the classic and elite dungeons:

White Orb 12
Fire Orb 9
Earth Orb 9
Power Orb 6
Non-Elemental Orb 9
Ice Orb 6
Wind Orb 6
Black Orb 9
Lightning Orb 6
Holy Orb 6
Dark Orb 6

Greater White Orb 15
Greater Black Orb 15
Greater Power Orb 15

Major Black Orb 1
Major Power Orb 1
Major White Orb 1

3* are rewards from classic dungeons, 4* and 5* are rewards from elite ones :)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I get chills whenever I enter the XIII door; love it.
Came here to post about that! I'm fairly indifferent about FFXIII one way or the other, but I still got legit shook when I opened the door and The Promise started playing.

edit: dat battle theme too. Loved it ever since I heard on the demo back in the day.

Roto13

Welp, out of stamina. Need 30 more to beat this FFVIII dungeon and increase my stamina cap again.

No longer can you just clear every dungeon as it comes up and never run out of stamina between refills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom