• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Will know myself later today. Early prognosis seems 'no' though considering Classic hardly even drops a 3* up till the 3/4 point.

Balphon

Mt. Zozo Elite is just as terrible as it appears on paper:

• 13000 HP Dragons and Chimaera with AoE magic.
  • 10000 HP Behemoths and Gigases that hit like ornery freight trains.
  • 5 floors of this crap.
  • Boss is Storm Dragon. Screw you, Storm Dragon.
  • Bring Cyan or -3 medals.
  • Stage rewards are pretty crap, including Cyan's RM2.
The last one is arguably a positive I guess.

Falk

that puzzling face
Look, if you're willing to equip Zantetsuken on someone and savescum approximately 500 times per wave to get the OHKO proc first strike the trash is no problem

OK??

My RNG luck has finally turned around for the better was sitting at 49 mythril so I decided to do a couple of single pulls. Got a Zantetsuken (I've already have a 6+ one) and then got the Mythgraven Blade. It's my first Character weapon since Kain's Blood Lance. I'm happy with this banner so I should be able to save enough Mythril for an 11 pull soon.

Did 2 3 draws. Got a Danjuro...nice because my best dagger was swordbreaker. Got 5 3 star...two of which I turned into 5s.
I currently have two Danjuro. Initially I was disappointed since I didn't' get a SB weapon (still haven't even after 34 pulls on Balthier/Fran's), but they've been my bread and butter for months now. Almost everyone can equip it and have formidable attack power.

TheGatsby

We need more of these re-recruit character events. Helps me catch up when I feel like I don't have to level up a bunch of new characters to 50. Everyone I got since FoG is still lv.20s-30s other than Balthier which I egged to 50.

My RNG luck has finally turned around for the better was sitting at 49 mythril so I decided to do a couple of single pulls. Got a Zantetsuken (I've already have a 6+ one) and then got the Mythgraven Blade. It's my first Character weapon since Kain's Blood Lance. I'm happy with this banner so I should be able to save enough Mythril for an 11 pull soon.

wait. you had 49 mythril and decided to do single pulls?!

in other news MOTHER FLIPPIN' MYTHGRAVEN.

now to get cecil.

Razmos

Got a 4* white robe from the 100 gem pull. Alright I guess.

Did another 5 mythril pull on the Balthier banner, and what I got was actually a nice surprise, a 4* Defender (FFI). My first piece of Final Fantasy I equipment.

wait. you had 49 mythril and decided to do single pulls?!

in other news MOTHER FLIPPIN' MYTHGRAVEN.

now to get cecil.

I already had some good weapons for FF4 so I didn't want to spend too much Mythril on this banner.I was just going to do one pull but I was feeling lucky. I am saving the Mythril for a future banner. I still have some of the classic as well as all of the elites of the new dungeons to do as well as the event so I figured it wouldn't take me long to get back to 50.

I already had some good weapons for FF4 so I didn't want to spend too much Mythril on this banner.I was just going to do one pull but I was feeling lucky. I am saving the Mythril for a future banner. I still have some of the classic as well as all of the elites of the new dungeons to do as well as the event so I figured it wouldn't take me long to get back to 50.

ahhhh makes sense!

and no ashodin, ze sword is mineeee!

Nohar

I'm getting annoyed by the Optimize option. It keeps giving the Gladius (FFXII 5*) to my characters whereas there exist more interesting weapons with better Attack after factoring synergy.

Wazzy

Banned
Almost done XII boss rush and then I can finally start catching up. I'll probably finish Cecil event first since it shouldn't take me too long.

Nohar

Cecil's event has a total of 25 stages (12 classics, 12 elites, 1 boss rush). So, yeah, this one is gonna take a while to complete. Also, remember that you can't use Fire attacks against Scarmiglione (he will counterattack those, and you will lose 3 medals). Fun times.

At least this event gives a lot of non-elemental/earth/darkness orbs, very useful to craft Comet, Biora (never crafted it now that I notice), Drain, Dark and other break abilities. One 3*++ Dagger and one 3*++ Shield is also nice.

I'm gonna farm those 3* Black Orbs so hard next Tuesday...

lol lamia

xsbq6sRl.png

I think since we're so many months into the game....its time Dr Mog showed us this diploma he says he has.

Pejo

I plan to make P. Cecil permanent in my party, so I did some 3x pulls last night. Ended up with Wind Lance, the new flame sword, and a Genji shield. Not terrible but I'm going to get as much mythril as I can before this banner drops and see if I can't get a Mythgraven Blade. It's the only relic i've REALLY wanted since Locke's Rising Sun, which I did get.

The one nice thing about the Wind Lance is that it's basically Tidus' default soul break with a better chance to slow, so now I don't feel so obligated to bring him along, since I hate him as a character. Looks like I can go Fran or Balthier.

Falk

that puzzling face
P.Cecil strikes me as a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none, but at least his stats aren't complete garbage like Tyro
or Red XIII sorry :|

Pejo

P.Cecil strikes me as a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none, but at least his stats aren't complete garbage like Tyro
or Red XIII sorry :|

Yea I like his HP pool though, he can use my strongest weapons and armor, and he's one of my favorite FF characters. I wish the Knight skillset was a little better, but we'll see where that goes.

And trust me, no one was more hurt with how awful Red is in this game. I do have plenty of RW's of him though, should I need to see him dry hump the air and give me a buff.

Man, I've blown a couple three pulls on the Cecil banner and got nothing but a few marginally worthwhile 4s and useless 3s. Really wanted a IV sword or the lance, as I don't have a IV natural 5 weapon.

I really shouldn't complain, I have pulled or received 7 5 weapons and 7 5 armors, but unfortunately 3 of the weapons were j staffs and the only soul breaks I've pulled are guard stick giant gloves and the ,Asa,use, so no shared breaks or armor based breaks. Trying to take the long view that having one strong rod and staff and a retaliate weapon for two different realms, three if I trot tyro out with the gloves is more than adequate. For reference I've spent about $100 on this since release. I have pretty good depth with 41 combined or natural 5s, with one a 5++ and 3 4++, though too many of those are concentrated on IV and Vi items.

I will say that this is the first time I've trotted out rydia since I pulled a 3+ blitz whip and I am pleasantly surprised at how well she works with it.

johnsmith

remember me
Really need some good rods. I'm drowning in 5* swords and katanas but the only magic weapon I got was the fujins chakram, which is pretty mediocre compared to a rod and only Rinoa can use. Gonna save all my mythril until we get a good magic banner. Should have done another 11 roll on the FF9 banner. What's next for magic weapons? Yuna and Selphie/Quistis?

Argh, I'm getting the "login timeout error" message and can't log in to the game at all anymore, no matter how I restart my phone or force-stop the client. The internet is sparse with information on this, is there any way to remedy the situation? I would try reinstalling the client but I'm all but certain that'd erase my account info, which I definitely don't want to lose at this point. :(

Balphon

Really need some good rods. I'm drowning in 5* swords and katanas but the only magic weapon I got was the fujins chakram, which is pretty mediocre compared to a rod and only Rinoa can use. Gonna save all my mythril until we get a good magic banner. Should have done another 11 roll on the FF9 banner. What's next for magic weapons? Yuna and Selphie/Quistis?

Yuna only has the one magic weapon (hers). Selphie/Quistis has two, though Quistis's is a whip and Selphie's is weighted toward MND.

After that the next big magic banner is Tellah/Golbez.

EDIT: Suppose I should mention that Golbez's weapon is an axe.

Razmos

Yuna only has the one magic weapon (hers). Selphie/Quistis has two, though Quistis's is a whip and Selphie's is weighted toward MND.

After that the next big magic banner is Tellah/Golbez.
Now that I think about it, Selphie's weapon is Nunchucks, but they count as a rod. and now I'm imagining Vivi using them.

Reszo

Hey everyone I just got back into this and know i missed a lot of events but is there still a way to get sephiroth or is he gone?

Roto13

Hey everyone I just got back into this and know i missed a lot of events but is there still a way to get sephiroth or is he gone?

You just missed your second chance to get him. :p

I know that feel. My mages are still usually using the Gravity Rod. The only 5* magic weapon I have is the Enhancer and that's only good for Terra and the Red Mage.

Balphon

Now that I think about it, Selphie's weapon is Nunchucks, but they count as a rod. and now I'm imagining Vivi using them.

Will go well with that cowboy hat I always have him wearing.

I know that feel. My mages are still usually using the Gravity Rod. The only 5* magic weapon I have is the Enhancer and that's only good for Terra and the Red Mage.

I have Gordon using Enhancer. With it, he's only mostly terrible!

Oh I didn't realize I'd have to redo the non elite cecil event battles, would have left the low level core class team auto battle it during work had I realized.

Roto13

Oh I didn't realize I'd have to redo the non elite cecil event battles, would have left the low level core class team auto battle it during work had I realized.

Yeah. I remember someone in this thread saying the Classic dungeons would remain completed. I gave Dark Cecil Zealot and let him solo the whole thing.

Can anyone confirm how many available 100 gems pull have been up so far? I count 9.

The 5 banners with multiple characters
Squall
Sephiroth
Balthier
Cecil

Or Vivi for 10? iirc it did not have the 100 gems pull on Vivi. It was right after the 5 banners and we were wondering if they would keep the 100 gems thing going and it did not look like it because of that banner. It went on with it starting with Squall I think.

Razmos

Huh, I didn't think the added effects from weapons would trigger when using a soul break.

I had Cecil using a 5* Mage Masher (small chance at inflicting Silence) and used Cerulean Shock (Viking Coat Soul Break) and it silenced the enemy :p

How are the last few elite dungeons in the event? Easy? I'd like to breeze through this event so I can get back to clearing out normal classics and elites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom