• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Finally done boss rush and now I'm working on Cecil event. I'm hoping to get this out of the way before next event so I have time to finish classic dungeons.

Shadow780

What's the trigger rate for Bard and Ranger 2nd RM? I play with them in my party for all the classics now and most of the FFXII event and they still haven't triggered.

What's the trigger rate for Bard and Ranger 2nd RM? I play with them in my party for all the classics now and most of the FFXII event and they still haven't triggered.

To acquire them, low drop rate on like every enemy you kill. Tidus refuses to drop for me.
Zealot itself is 100% proc rate for the all attack.

So they have to perform an action to have the RM triggered?

Should I just put one character alone on easiest Classics until it is dropped?

I haven't managed to catch which character attacks when the RM drops yet so I can't confirm that. It SAYS just have them in party, not make them do a finishing blow, so I'm sure it's just a low random chance for any monster to drop, regardless of who kills.

I got Rydia's RM2 just now in the event dungeon. One of the Cecil's killed a grunt and it popped up then and there (it wasn't even the end of that round).

Did my 3rd and final 3 pull on IV banner. Didn't walk away with any IV gear at all. Got a 4 and two 3s. One of which I combined to a 5. Pretty lousy luck. I've gotten two fives in my last 55+ pulls. Below 4% when I should be at 10%.

SunGod

All story classics and elites mastered :) and I'm finally starting the Cecil event!

Does anyone want to guess when the next event might start? Hopefully I have time to finish the Cecil one before then...

Razmos

All story classics and elites mastered :) and I'm finally starting the Cecil event!

Does anyone want to guess when the next event might start? Hopefully I have time to finish the Cecil one before then...
Not long after the Balthier event probably. announced on Monday perhaps?

Falk

that puzzling face
Can't we take those FFX and FFVIII events and average them and get a FFIX event?

I just want my Garnet RM2 :(

Roto13

I got Dark Cecil's memory crystal as soon as possible and now I'm at the end of the Elite event dungeons and he hasn't dropped his second record materia yet. :/ I want Garnet's but I don't feel like spending probably literally days worth of stamina for it.

If I championed Ghis on elite, is it pretty safe to assume I can take on the EX battles too?
This is the first time I finished the Elite sets of an event. I am kinda initmidated by the Boss Rush.

RivalCore

If I championed Ghis on elite, is it pretty safe to assume I can take on the EX battles too?
This is the first time I finished the Elite sets of an event. I am kinda initmidated by the Boss Rush.

It's probably the easiest boss rush to date (Cecil's one withstanding, hasn't been released yet). Just make sure to bring AOE (quake), enough abilities or retaliate and berserk. Really can't stress berserk enough, it makes it a cakewalk, especially Ghis.

Balphon

If you don't mind killing Remora a few times to recharge abilities you should be fine.

johnsmith

remember me
The FF4 event trash in the last 2 stages hits way too hard. Have synergy armor on everyone, can 1 hit kill it all, yet I always lose 1 star to damage taken.

MRGRGRGR

I keep forgetting that optimize doesn't take into account the equipment other characters are using. Keep having to de equip everyone which is painfully slow.

Falk

that puzzling face
I just man-moded the trash with 4 melee with Mythril Sword++s

Autobattling actually increases your odds of getting hits off before taking damage.

elty

Falcon elite is no joke, three boss fight without ether, that's worse than boss rush. Trash also has tons of hp. Aero his whole party for 2000 and other skill near 2500. Even with break it hits hard. Fireja only hit for 9000, pretty pathetic.

Had to back out after boss 1 as my ability deplete more than expected.

Roto13

*sigh* Guess I'll get back to those Elites.

EDIT: I think I'm ready to quit this game. I'm out of patience for bosses with eight gazzilion HP that drain all of your Actions Taken medals just because they refuse to die. And I'm sick of dealing with this slow-ass interface to tweak and perfect my party before going into every single overpowered boss battle. I just spent like 15 minutes fighting Lost Number and I beat him after a huge slog and only got silver on the dungeon because everything has too much HP. And I lost two damage medals because of reasons, despite the fact that he spent most of the battle stopped and/or paralyzed and barely got any attacks in.

That's a fucking stamina shard I missed out on. Christ.

*sigh* Guess I'll get back to those Elites.

EDIT: I think I'm ready to quit this game. I'm out of patience for bosses with eight gazzilion HP that drain all of your Actions Taken medals just because they refuse to die. And I'm sick of dealing with this slow-ass interface to tweak and perfect my party before going into every single overpowered boss battle. I just spent like 15 minutes fighting Lost Number and I beat him after a huge slog and only got silver on the dungeon because everything has too much HP. And I lost two damage medals because of reasons, despite the fact that he spent most of the battle stopped and/or paralyzed and barely got any attacks in.

That's a fucking stamina shard I missed out on. Christ.

Are the characters you're bringing 60+ and with gear to match? Just come back later when you have more synergy stuff or levels if you're lacking in either dept. I'm not bothering with most the FF7 elites until I have at least an aeris memory crystal.

Roto13

Are the characters you're bringing 60+ and with gear to match? Just come back later when you have more synergy stuff or levels if you're lacking in either dept. I'm not bothering with most the FF7 elites until I have at least an aeris memory crystal.

ok5u9Na.jpg

I brought Wakka with Status Reels for the defensive breaks. I'm decked out in 5* gear. That should be enough. But fuck it.

Negator

I make sure all my skills are at least 4/5 unless they are 4* abilities. Your skills aren't honed enough and that is what the problem is.

This is my party that I am bringing to Tiamat. I fucked up, don't bring quake, most od the trash is immune :( This is a typical party that I bring for everything.

5Opzw2Al.jpeg

Tyro is in for Garnet because she is level capped.

I brought Wakka with Status Reels for the defensive breaks. I'm decked out in 5* gear. That should be enough. But fuck it.

Looks like he has 143k hp, but he's vulnerable to poison, that should probably help a lot if you stick it on round 1. Maybe swap out seph for a second healer?

I dunno nothing seems super unattainable to me at the moment. And I'm not a spender.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there any guide to show how you should equip your characters for the Elite version of the event? I'm not sure if I'm completely underlevelled or not.

Balphon

IIRC Status Reels has an incredibly low duration -- like 6 seconds. Better off with Vanille or Fran if you just want armor break.

Road

IIRC Status Reels has an incredibly low duration -- like 6 seconds. Better off with Vanille or Fran if you just want armor break.

Fran's soul break is exactly the same as Wakka's -- effect (-50% res/def), damage (3.8x) and duration (10s). Vanille is only -50% def, but lasts 30s.

I think Wakka is wasted on Roto13 party too. Maybe if he had another black mage.

MRGRGRGR

I keep forgetting that optimize doesn't take into account the equipment other characters are using. Keep having to de equip everyone which is painfully slow.

I stopped using optimize first week. Then I tried again when they updated to take into account realm synergy, but stopped on the same day due to the problem your mentioned. It's almost useless.

Balphon

Fran's soul break is exactly the same as Wakka's -- effect (-50% res/def), damage (3.8x) and duration (10s). Vanille is only -50% def, but lasts 30s.

I think Wakka is wasted on Roto13 party too. Maybe if he had another black mage.

Ah, I thought Whip Kick was a weaker but longer-lasting debuff. Neither it nor Status Reels would be generally helpful as a FS, in that case.

Shadow Flare is likely the FS to have against Lost Number, especially if you're going to fight the physical form (which you probably should, it's easier).

Vorpal

I make sure all my skills are at least 4/5 unless they are 4* abilities. Your skills aren't honed enough and that is what the problem is.

This is my party that I am bringing to Tiamat. I fucked up, don't bring quake, most od the trash is immune :( This is a typical party that I bring for everything.

Tyro is in for Garnet because she is level capped.

Yeah, seconding this. Maxing out abilities is crazy useful. My R5 skills are 3x Double Cut, a Curaga, Fira Strike, Boost, Retaliate, and Waterga. (R5 Dia, R2 Quake and Bladeblitz too, which get a lot of use.)

It makes a huge difference in the damage output department. I've had a fairly easy time with Jenova BIRTH and some other damage sponge bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom