• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xetherion

You can't "brute force" a boss fight with Mythril, the revive starts you at the beginning of the fight (yes, with a minor passive boost, but not enough to turn the odds).

+2 ability uses isn't minor. And the bonuses stack if you keep reviving with mythril. There was a guy on reddit who brute forced his way through the elite Ixion fight in the Rinoa event by spending 4 mythril.

+2 ability uses isn't minor. And the bonuses stack if you keep reviving with mythril. There was a guy on reddit who brute forced his way through the elite Ixion fight in the Rinoa event by spending 4 mythril.

That's crazy. I have 228 Mythril and do not know what to do with it. Never thought about using it as a brute force way to beat Elite Bosse, ha. And never will BTW. I will try Judge Gish once more time on the last day. Now I am focusing on getting my Stamina up to 100 with all the Classic Dungeons (didn't even unlock FF9 or FF12 yet!).

Anyway what is the end game for Final Fantasy Record Keeper? Like in late 2016 in Japan?

- LVL99 chars
- break damage cap equipment/ record materia/ something new
- all SP FF games up to the final bosses (Orphan in FF13, Kefka in FF6 etc.)
- FF11 and FF14 paintings?
- what about Final Fantasy Tactics!!! or Crystal Chronicles :)
- Flare/ Utltima/ Meteor spells

Anything else you think will happen?

That's crazy. I have 228 Mythril and do not know what to do with it. Never thought about using it as a brute force way to beat Elite Bosse, ha. And never will BTW. I will try Judge Gish once more time on the last day. Now I am focusing on getting my Stamina up to 100 with all the Classic Dungeons (didn't even unlock FF9 or FF12 yet!).

Anyway what is the end game for Final Fantasy Record Keeper? Like in late 2016 in Japan?

- LVL99 chars
- break damage cap equipment/ record materia/ something new
- all SP FF games up to the final bosses (Orphan in FF13, Kefka in FF6 etc.)
- FF11 and FF14 paintings?
- what about Final Fantasy Tactics!!! or Crystal Chronicles :)
- Flare/ Utltima/ Meteor spells

Anything else you think will happen?
The after years, x-2 and 13-2, etc before the spinoff or even 11 and 14

Red Mage

I don't get the complaints about it being too hard. Aside from Locke's elite event, I've not found anything extremely difficult. Some things I do s/l, but nothing impossible.

My only complaint at the moment is that I wish we'd have some more memory crystal events or something to be a bit different.

Doing the classic dungeons now and near Difficulty Level 45 my Wakka and Tyro stop OHKO'ing the trash mobs. And those are CLASSIC. Cannot imagine Elite's at Difficulty Level 70 for example (FFX Elites).

Nohar

I don't get the complaints about it being too hard. Aside from Locke's elite event, I've not found anything extremely difficult. Some things I do s/l, but nothing impossible.

My only complaint at the moment is that I wish we'd have some more memory crystal events or something to be a bit different.

Though things were very hard for a while. Now that we have a lot of decent to good equipment (so much mythril), things are easier, and events actually got easier too after Vanille's. I still remember Rinoa's event... *shudders* ; Tidus' boss rush was no joke either. And, well, JENOVA-BIRTH was quite a [censored]. Friend summon helps tremendously, allowing many players to use Sentinel Grimoire or something else like Lunatic High to help them clear hard content.

I, for one, am quite glad that I'm able to play to game without having to S/L like crazy.

Now, Challenge events are fun, but I must say I wouldn't be against a Collection event for a change.
Yes, I wrote that. I want my Doctor Mog back (though I have no doubt I'll regret that wish). Lenna's event was really generous to me (all those 4* Fire Orbs) and allowed me to craft some much needed abilities (Quake, for instance).

Yeah. It's just my dumb brain being dumb.

You know, I didn't really appreciate it at the time, but the Kaiser Shield might be the best defensive item I've ever gotten from a relic pull. Free Soul Break Protectga.
For me, it's been the Emerald Bracer (X). Free Soul Break Shellga + WM w/ Protectga & WM RM2 = lol what are these puny hits?

For me, it's been the Emerald Bracer (X). Free Soul Break Shellga + WM w/ Protectga & WM RM2 = lol what are these puny hits?
And I've got the Gold Armlet that has a built in Protectga, plus it has great stats, and can be worn by practically anyone. A really great piece of gear.

Road

Preview of the upcoming content in Japan, there's some pretty cool stuff they're scheduled to get...

Source

God tier character update, except for
Rikku
, but what everyone is really looking forward to is this mechanic change:
ability disassemble.
Wishing they will bring this to global ahead of time.

And following on the conversation about hard bosses, the latest update in Japan added is apparently going to add a new difficulty to events (ex -> ex+ -> ex++ -> "kyu")

I share the opinion that, with the exception of the Rinoa event boss rush (and maybe Red Dragon), the difficulty is fair, as in, yes, not everyone of every level is supposed to finish everything.

Red Mage

Though things were very hard for a while. Now that we have a lot of decent to good equipment (so much mythril), things are easier, and events actually got easier too after Vanille's. I still remember Rinoa's event... *shudders* ; Tidus' boss rush was no joke either. And, well, JENOVA-BIRTH was quite a [censored]. Friend summon helps tremendously, allowing many players to use Sentinel Grimoire or something else like Lunatic High to help them clear hard content.

I, for one, am quite glad that I'm able to play to game without having to S/L like crazy.

Now, Challenge events are fun, but I must say I wouldn't be against a Collection event for a change.
Yes, I wrote that. I want my Doctor Mog back (though I have no doubt I'll regret that wish). Lenna's event was really generous to me (all those 4* Fire Orbs) and allowed me to craft some much needed abilities (Quake, for instance).

Oh, yeah, I was like "ha ha, no." I don't s/l like crazy, but I do it when RNG goes really bad. Like Jenova killing Cloud before I got Protectga up. I down use one mythril per boss rush, however, so maybe that's why I don't find it too hard.

BTW, I've heard that the VII events are the hardest. I'm guessing that they know how popular it is, so they ramp up the difficulty to tempt people to spend more.

Azusa

Balthier event is so easy. My newbie team could get all memory crystals while I was struggling to kill the easiest boss at Sephiroth event.

Falk

that puzzling face
BTW, I've heard that the VII events are the hardest. I'm guessing that they know how popular it is, so they ramp up the difficulty to tempt people to spend more.

It's also an indirect direct consequence that the storyline progression of those two worlds are pretty deep.

These levels requiring 85+ stam are maddening. 93 stam for cyans memory crystal! Better not screw that one up, it will take nearly five hours before retrying. Guess they are tempting people to spend mythril.

Nohar

Too many upgrade materials... Had to use mythril to increase inventory, lest they would have gone to waste (nothing more to upgrade). Thanksfully the new free stuff tomorrow will deal with that.

Edit: The new FFVI paintings are getting quite tough. Regular monsters have a ton of HP on Classic.

Razmos

Some of the classics in this dungeon update are absolutely ridiculous.

Cave of the Ancients (FFVII) with the goddamn Demon Wall boss spamming its OP AoE attack over and over again.

And I just beat the Falcon dungeon (VI). The same bullshit boss 3 separate times that spams Death and does upwards of 1500+ damage AND poisons with one attack. AND the trash mobs can petrify your party without even noticing.
Also the fucking boss is OBVIOUSLY undead but Curaga doesn't hurt it, meaning you have to bring the shitty Dia spell along with you or otherwise lose 9 medals from that alone.

Ridiculous.

Some of the classics in this dungeon update are absolutely ridiculous.

Cave of the Ancients (FFVII) with the goddamn Demon Wall boss spamming its OP AoE attack over and over again.

And I just beat the Falcon dungeon (VI). The same bullshit boss 3 separate times that spams Death and does upwards of 1500+ damage AND poisons with one attack. AND the trash mobs can petrify your party without even noticing.
Also the fucking boss is OBVIOUSLY undead but Curaga doesn't hurt it, meaning you have to bring the shitty Dia spell along with you or otherwise lose 9 medals from that alone.

Ridiculous.

I blinded Demon Wall with Dark Buster. It causes him to miss a lot, even with his AoE.

Xetherion

Josef crystal get, I gotta get me that sweet sweet double hit RM.

Good luck, i broke his level cap and put him in my party the moment i got his MC, and i still haven't got his RM2 yet. Only have one FFII elite left to do and then i'll have to waste stamina repeating some dumb classic painting if it doesn't drop.

Josef crystal get, I gotta get me that sweet sweet double hit RM.

Good luck, i broke his level cap and put him in my party the moment i got his MC, and i still haven't got his RM2 yet. Only have one FFII elite left to do and then i'll have to waste stamina repeating some dumb classic painting if it doesn't drop.

I've done all the II paintings elites included and burned another 100 stam. The first painting classic to no avail. Missing that ranger and garnet, so trying there for ranger and Josef, well wa a before stopping for the event. Major annoyance.

Road

Single draw:

u12KzyUdqzLCJ_8OUn3XHIlLwcF3i91Aa11bJ_Qy8mWF=w200-h832-no

My luck with getting 5* has improved, but I'm still stuck on the soul break department...

This banner has no good rods, so that's all mythril I'm spending on it.

Mythril Sword and Shield, Curaga and Fire Strike for rewards... Good if you started today, I guess. At least it has a fake 5* Mage Masher (of which I already had one, so wasted...).

yvMWAMUKHf9oDVL3_ndCloIHU6r11z7E4m4OmcdZkAqz=w300-h832-no

Ok, but does it have any target score?

Ashodin

Get in here Falk

About Garnet's RM2, Healer:

Yes, it is smart enough to target your team. It's just like other cures in that it will choose the PC with the least % HP remaining. Otherwise, it'll just target her. She doesn't swing on the character, she actually does her casting animation. At 252 MND, the cures are landing for ~400.

So if you auto battle she'll heal your team as you run through trash. AWESOME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom