• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, the last few hours before stamina hoarding start point for new events are the worst.

You're like... do you start a 4* Orb run, knowing that if you're unlucky you could be left holding the ball with nonstop airplane mode resets while the event kicks off, or do you just run some dailies for orbs you don't need.

Kenai

HP bars are goat.

Question: i spent more money than i care to admit trying to get Red XIII's weapon and ended up with a few doubles of generic 5*s. Is it more prudent to fuse them, or keep them seperate?

I got 2 Regal Gowns and 2 Butterfly Edge things, should those be kept separate?

MicH

HP bars are goat.

Question: i spent more money than i care to admit trying to get Red XIII's weapon and ended up with a few doubles of generic 5*s. Is it more prudent to fuse them, or keep them seperate?

I got 2 Regal Gowns and 2 Butterfly Edge things, should those be kept separate?
Those are both amazing relics. I would definitely keep them separate. Regal Gown really buffs up your white and black mages and Butterfly Edge is the best non-character specific FFVII sword

Kenai

Those are both amazing relics. I would definitely keep them separate. Regal Gown really buffs up your white and black mages and Butterfly Edge is the best non-character specific FFVII sword

Oh sweet, I am glad that i didn't fuse them. Thanks for the advice.

i actually have a lot of 5* swords and a few others that will be nice for synergy, just kills me that my absolute fav character is stuck with a Mythril Clip so i can't in good faith keep using him vs my other mages. It's fine though I guess since when Mog comes out (my second fav) he will have a Heavy and Golden Spear waiting for him

Despite my whining about not getting very much in the way of character specific relics, .I could be doing far, far worse than i am, Haven't done a single 11 pull without getting a 5*, and some of the screencaps I have seen on here are pretty heartbreaking.

I feel Bottomswell is telling me something...prepare to pay in mythril to get the boss rush done. At least I don't have to bring wind slash.
I'm here now (waiting for stamina) with hardly any abilities left but only 3 medals lost so if I lose 4 here (from actions and damag) I can still champion. I've got a lot of venom buster and sleep though so I am tempted to go in for a long fight rather refresh via mythril. Not sure I can keep it asleap long enough though. I can always use a mythril for a revive should I fail.

Maybe I should have bought Tyro instead of Wakka as Kirin in this situation would be very nice (I bought Wakka for venom buster because it is more effective than poison but Tyro could have done the same).

Edit: Yeah I needed the revive. I did get it to around 40% health at which point it woke and started using water cells I couldn't get out of due to being out of magic. Revived run went well. Sleep hit when it needed to. Didn't even get a chance to get poison in. 2 medals lost during boss rush (1 mythril spent though). Should do the EX ones sometime but they're so little stamina they can be slotted in whenever.

There's a thread on reddit talking about how it appears that global may be skipping some upcoming events and the soul break celebration banners have been changed. :(

I really hope they don't skip the II and III events.

There was a game update (on android at least) and the notes mentioned some upcoming competitions that will offer rewards. Any idea what that is all about?

Here's the exact text:

"[Win real-life prizes!]

To celebrate the update, we’ll be hosting 3 competitions to win incredible prizes by fulfilling achievements within the game!

The competitions are open to new players and veterans alike, so anyone can take part!"

Woo. Beat the Super Heavy Weight Mage's path. My Part was level 60 Wakka, Level 51 Balthier (garbo), level 55 Vivi, level 51 Rydia and level 54 Selphie.

I've now beaten the Super Heavy Weight on both paths. Probably won't really try the other parts of the event since other than Cloud (level 55) and Sephiroth (not sure maybe like 52?) I don't think I have enough.

Falk

that puzzling face
There's a thread on reddit talking about how it appears that global may be skipping some upcoming events and the soul break celebration banners have been changed. :(

Looking at the banners, aren't most of the 'skipped' ones collaboration events? (honestly we have no idea what they're doing though)

Balphon

Looking at the banners, aren't most of the 'skipped' ones collaboration events? (honestly we have no idea what they're doing though)

I think the concern is that the translated celebration banners have relics for Mog, Leon, Firion, and Edward, who are all apparently supposed to be event characters later on? I don't know enough about the JP progression to be sure.

Ashodin

holy shit HP bars

THE GAME IS MUCH SNAPPIER/FASTER NOW YESSSSSS

And REMOVE ALL DA GAWD

Fixes I noticed: You can tap on menu items while the confirmation menus are up YES so much faster

Celes optimize prioritizes her ATK over balancing ATK and MAG, sweeeeeeeet

Falk

that puzzling face
I think the concern is that the translated celebration banners have relics for Mog, Leon, Firion, and Edward, who are all apparently supposed to be event characters later on? I don't know enough about the JP progression to be sure.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Mog/Edward event where you got them and their Record Materia was a collab event with BRA★BRA FINAL FANTASY which isn't localized. It also had sort-of a lottery where you could win tickets to some real event. I think coming up with a replacement event is slightly too tall an order for the localization team.

p.s. that event has an Uematsu sprite hahaha.

p.p.s. I think they'll end up slotted into other character's events much like what we've seen so far. Either that or bonus quests I guess.

Loving the update and got 80+ mythril awaiting our girl Lightning.

Seriously hope they release a google playstore version of this on windows 10. Playing games on here while browsing is great.

Balphon

That's exactly what I'm saying. Mog/Edward event where you got them and their Record Materia was a collab event with BRA★BRA FINAL FANTASY which isn't localized. It also had sort-of a lottery where you could win tickets to some real event. I think coming up with a replacement event is slightly too tall an order for the localization team.

p.s. that event has an Uematsu sprite hahaha.

p.p.s. I think they'll end up slotted into other character's events much like what we've seen so far. Either that or bonus quests I guess.

I'm pretty sure you made up BRA★BRA FINAL FANTASY.

Balphon

It's really bothering me why people keep calling it Proud clod. is that a translation joke or something?

That's what it was named in the original FFVII localization, which was notoriously bad. It was intended to be Proudclad as evidenced by localization in subsequent games, including this one. Old habits die hard.

Amusingly, they did not correct "Jamar Armor" to the ostensibly intended "Jammer Armor."

MicH

Looking at the upcoming SB celebration banners I think I know how I want to spend my mythril. An 11 pull tonight and then I should have two more 11 pulls saved up for the SB celebration where I really want to pull for the banners with Vivi and Garnet's rods. Those also includes Sentinel's Grimoire and Balthier's gun

SunGod

138 mythril today and I'll be getting 2 more tomorrow + lots from the event.

I saved up about the same amount for Sentinel's Grimoire and for Diamond Pin with no luck but here we go again - I'm going to try three 11 pulls for Sazh's Vega.

Pray for me.

Nohar

I'd like to know what the fuss is all about the supposedly changed banners. Do we have a link to the supposedly changed ones?

Will be doing 11 and 100 gem pulls. Should have enough mythril to 11 pull he next good banner after clearing the next dungeons which should hit this week. Have had piss poor luck lately, will see if things change. At least could I get a four star non rod staff xiii weapon? I have the healers staff and the gold bangle and silver bangle 4+, so something offensive is needed for xiii.

Balphon

100 gems later...

clcNaDf.jpg

...well that was easy.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Got nothing of worth on my two 11x pulls and 100 gem pull. Doubt I will spend more and hope I can get through the event just fine.

Sweet baby rngesus, I pulled the vega! And six four stars inlcuding the four star fist and four combinable fours. Very pleased and relieved to get something. I may run the upgrades daily and tackle the event tomorrow.

Road

My 2nd pull:

Ac5wrvZ47eJDsA2mx4RLuQO0aK8maWDJzesOOc3VQEiW=w300-h830-no

Not the 5* I wanted
where are my goddam rods!!!!
but I'll take it. Tried another four pulls and got a bunch of 3* garbage (staff, gloves...). I'm out of armor upgrade materials, so I'll guess I get some instead of doing the event (need to check the rewards first).

Anyway, remove all button is god sent. I've already used it a million times, doing those useless Dr. Mog quests of clearing dungeons from different realms, I could actually use optimize and get passable results since now it can equip everything it wants because it's not being used by anyone else. The record materia list is also a very welcome thing I wanted but didn't even know Japan had it.

*looks below* Fuckity fuck.

Road

I feel so left out lol. Fucking knife =p

I find that knife great, honestly. It's a knife, meaning everyone can use; it has XIII synergy, which will help immensely for the event; and "free" Protectga.

Edit: I hate doing the new upgrade material dungeons and being reminded about how terrible the new format is... No, I don't want more weapon upgrade materials, RNG....

Flambe

I find that knife great, honestly. It's a knife, meaning everyone can use; it has XIII synergy, which will help immensely for the event; and "free" Protectga.

Yeh that's what red xiii is for though lol.

Synergy is alright but that sword is quality hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom