• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, that's the point. You get psychoed into 'just one more pull'. Regardless of whether it's a good or bad design (it's bad) it's making them a shit ton of money off people like that one crazy Reddit guy who pulls until he gets one of each relic.

Like I said until a critical mass of people start leaving, nothing's going to change. We all knew earlier on that there's going to be a gacha % change up in future* and it's one's individual decision to splurge on this banner.

Not victim blaming. Just putting things in perspective here. My first two 11-pulls on this banner hit 0 5*s after all so it could very well be me making your rant.

* which, while not solving the problem, mitigates it as 12.5% is mathematically ~half as likely to hit a 20 streak with no 5*s than a 10% rate, even if it's only 25% more 5* items in a completely average, large-sample-size pull. It's still a bad system, don't get me wrong.

And yes, I don't understand people who don't get use out of 4* items. Those can easily go into the ~140 stat range, which is far better than non-RS 5* gear. Heck, as a very recent example, had I not been able to beat Proudclad due to shitty mage weapons, I was ready to farm Mythril Rods from Gizamaluk's Grotto to make a bunch of 2*++ rods just to get 100+ MAG on my casters. Record Synergy is an insane boost.
Well, I play Love Live and Kancolle, with Japanese games designed to get you to spend money through the various f2p methods. Love Live is "fair" because they guarantee the equivalent of at least one 4* item in a draw, and Kancolle is "fair" because you only pay for the equivalent of item slots or memory crystals. You are at the mercy of RNG, but you don't feel like your performance in the game is hampered by it.

I think my obsession with 5* gear is that I only have three items with Soul Breaks, only two of which I can use since I have two spears and only one character who can use them. So I'm stuck with the bad SBs that come with the default characters plus whatever roaming warrior that I can hire. So even though I like Lightning and say I went through the effort of leveling her up to 65... What's the point if I don't have her weapon and unique SB?

I'll admit that a lot of it is salt right now. But this is literally the only thing I've been looking forward to in the game and now I have no reason to play it anymore.

I've done over 100 combined pulls now on the Balthier, Selphie and Lightning events which are all banners I've been waiting for, as well as doing a 100 gem pull every time there is a new banner. and I haven't gotten what I wanted a single time out of any of them. The last item I got that I wanted was way back during RInoa's event when I got the Valkyrie (and even that was after about 12 pulls) ever since then it has been nothing but disappointment with the exception of Locke's Rising Sun which I got out of a random pull.
Wow, I don't even know how I would feel if I were as deep in as you are. For you, all those 3* items literally are just trash items taking up your inventory space. Wow.

!!!

I sure hope you didn't do this. You can combine them and make them 5 stars. Even though they might be weaker than usual 5 stars the record synergy still makes them powerful.
I mean, I have done 7 50 mythril pulls so I have a page full of 4* equipment. I have a lot of duplicates either in weapon types or in realm types, so when I have one 5* FF6 sword (the freebee they give you when you start the game) and the game gives me 4 other FF6 swords, I don't know why I need to level those up.

This time I actually got a new 5* item, but for a character I have zero interest in ever playing. So instead of feeling happy because of the rare item, all I am is completely disappointed because I saved 150 mythril literally for nothing. It's like the feeling of being 12 again, when you save your allowance to buy that 80 dollar copy that amazing NES game you kept reading about in Nintendo Power only to find out that it's a terrible game.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, I play Love Live and Kancolle, with Japanese games designed to get you to spend money through the various f2p methods. Love Live is "fair" because they guarantee the equivalent of at least one 4* item in a draw, and Kancolle is "fair" because you only pay for the equivalent of item slots or memory crystals. You are at the mercy of RNG, but you don't feel like your performance in the game is hampered by it.

Oi, since it wasn't clear in my previous post, YES, I AM IN COMPLETE AGREEMENT WITH YOU. I come from a background where I used to work in publishing in SEA for Korean online MMOs, of which many freemium models and ideas started transitioning into mobile, where they eventually adopted gachapon mechanics as the main revenue stream. I know a good model from a bad one, gacha or otherwise.

What I'm saying here is that time and time again, FFRK has proven a very fickle master. We saw it during the OWA celebration banner. We're seeing it now. We're invariably going to see it multiple times in future. This game's gacha sucks. FFRK isn't a job. You aren't earning a salary of items solely based on work put into it. It's a lottery. Maybe a lot less random than an actual lottery due to the rates and sample size of rolls, but still completely luck based. So many people set themselves up for disappointment by appropriating this mindset where if you save a stash of Mythril you 'deserve' items. It really, really doesn't work that way. Either you get lucky, or you don't. If you're not okay with that, you shouldn't be putting time into the game (For your own sanity, really), and at this point after OWA and its set of fallouts (RIP cpp), I think it should have been far more obvious than when the game launched.

I mean yeah, it might be hypocritical of me to be typing all this after posting a screenshot of a pull with 3 5*s in it, but keep in mind that 1) I'd done two pulls directly prior with 0 5*s, and 2) my expectations for this game are... rather different anyway (see above). I think I'd have been totally fine getting nothing but 4*s out of my stash of Mythril after a short bout of raging. I mean, it's nothing new - I've been not drawing caster weapons since launch.

tl;dr if you're playing this game to hoard Mythril for 5*s you're really setting yourself up for disappointment whenever other people pull things you don't. This game has a terrible freemium model. This isn't new.

It's like the feeling of being 12 again, when you save your allowance to buy that 80 dollar copy that amazing NES game you kept reading about in Nintendo Power only to find out that it's a terrible game.

I feel this way more hahaha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_zDNrixlQI#t=4m05s

So the debate is do I combine the guns or not XD

I really wouldn't combine guns. Ranged 5*s are extremely rare.

I heard Japan gets 3 daily common pulls. I don't know if anyone can verify that is really the case though.

They have since forever, but that's kind of useless for most of us past the starting phase of progression. More importantly though that change was around the time they got yet another set of dailies plus the aforementioned gacha % change.

Nohar

Must... not... pull... *takes deep breaths* I'll wait for Snow's banner... Assuming I have mythril left after the celebration. And assuming the celebration is actually good. 180 Mythril at the moment. I'd rather wait for the change in how we get 5* (Tellah's event - for each time you don't pull a 5*, the next pulls have a higher chance to drop a 5*) and drop rate boost (Terra's event - from 10% to pull a 5* to 12% I believe).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
tl;dr if you're playing this game to hoard Mythril for 5*s you're really setting yourself up for disappointment whenever other people pull things you don't. This game has a terrible freemium model. This isn't new.
I guess my point is that since Love Live guarantees something useful, especially now with the ability to trade your rare items for other rare items, you never feel like you wasted your time/money. Whether you spend 50 in game currency or 3000 yen.

I know I sound entitled, but there's a fine line between being a sore loser and being legitimately ripped off (and the time I spent on this game is time I'll never get back). I'm not even as invested as Razmos, but I feel as burned as he does.

DeNA/Square is Donald in this situation. lol

eastx

I guess my point is that since Love Live guarantees something useful, especially now with the ability to trade your rare items for other rare items, you never feel like you wasted your time/money. Whether you spend 50 in game currency or 3000 yen.

I know I sound entitled, but there's a fine line between being a sore loser and being legitimately ripped off (and the time I spent on this game is time I'll never get back). I'm not even as invested as Razmos, but I feel as burned as he does.

You can (and should) email DeNA through the support link to complain. If enough people complain about the crap gacha, they will decide to improve the gacha mechanic sooner than they would otherwise. I wish everyone would raise their voices louder in the way that really matters - where DeNA can hear it.

I put a little dig about the gacha into my article about yesterday's Record Keeper update, but I couldn't really dwell on it the way I'd like.

Getting a weapon for a character you're not into isn't all that bad though. It now makes that character more useful, and everyone is eventually useful other than the core characters. It's frustrating if you have that character's level maxed out though, since most of us don't use maxed characters unless we really have to.

Falk

that puzzling face
You can (and should) email DeNA through the support link to complain. If enough people complain about the crap gacha, they will decide to improve the gacha mechanic sooner than they would otherwise. I wish everyone would raise their voices louder in the way that really matters - where DeNA can hear it.

Completely in agreement here.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I put a little dig about the gacha into my article about yesterday's Record Keeper update, but I couldn't really dwell on it the way I'd like.

Getting a weapon for a character you're not into isn't all that bad though. It now makes that character more useful, and everyone is eventually useful other than the core characters. It's frustrating if you have that character's level maxed out though, since most of us don't use maxed characters unless we really have to.
As a Japanese company, I expect they ignore emails and respond with form letters. Dealing with Klab was enough to make me want to tear my hair out and that was for technical support. I can't imagine what a Japanese company would do with complaints - especially since it's about the one thing that's supposed to make them money. lol

Also, I really, really think Snow is a terrible character. I'd rather have a party full of 5 Hopes than use 1 Snow. It's completely subjective and personal, but that's just how I feel about him. lol

Falk

that puzzling face
As a Japanese company,

Yes and no. On one hand, you're absolutely correct about Japanese companies doing their own thing. On the other, you'd be interacting with the Global community team and by extension the Global localization, of which monetizing the game outside of the Japanese market is an objective. If the localization team, in response to overwhelming amounts of feedback, tells them "hey, there's a shit ton of complaints, it's corroborating with the data we're seeing, people are genuinely leaving and we need to do ____ to monetize the game better because the response here is different from Japan" that carries a lot more weight.

I mean, I'm not saying that's what would happen but it's not as simple as a bunch of emails rebounding off an iron curtain with no effect. There's no harm, anyway.

edit: On that note, as a matter of OCD I make it a weekly routine to browse through my following list just to see who's stopped logging in. Although to be fair that's probably due to a lot more factors than just purely gacha, the number of people who've dropped the game actually is rather alarming compared to the JP service.

Example:
VD0of9r.jpg

Rest easy Mr. Paladin sir :'( but don't worry I'll put your Tauntilate to good use for Lightning event.

Nohar

Uh-oh. The banner list finally updated itself on my side. I understand now why everyone is not so happy, and it indeed begs the question of how/when we are going to get some characters (namely Leon, Mog, Edward, Firion).

Quick analysis of each banner, beginning with 37:
  • Banner 37: Lullaby's Rod (Yuna - FFX - AoE Heal + Regen), which is a very good rod, though in a game where damage mitigation trumps all this rod will be useless for most EX++ fights (no point in being able to heal when you aren't allowed to take damages at all). However, for most boss rushes, this staff is simply godly.
    Hardedge (Cloud - FFVII - single-target damage + chance of paralysis) is a nice sword, though multi-hits soul break are becoming more popular. If you need a FFVII sword, it may be a good idea to pull.
    Sleipnir's Tail (Quistis - FFVIII - AoE non-elemental damage): the SB is nice, but what makes it interesting is that it is a whip, allowing Quistis to deal damage from the back row and to become a very good Support ability user (at least her Breakdown will do some damages with it). However, only a few characters can use whips.
    Golden Armor (Leon - FFII - ???): no idea whatsoever what this do. It is a (heavy) armor, meaning only a few can actually equip it. Finally, we won't do much FFII dungeons in the future, the synergy of that armor is rather limited.
    Next are Black Robe (FFIX), which is rather nice for characters unable to wear Light armors (also, yeah for AoE Fire), Viking Coat (5* Light Armor, 'nuff said) and Emerald Bracer (Shellga SB, making it worth to consider, especially now that we can equip multiple SBs).

Razmos

Speaking of Festival of Gold...
506-300x83.png

It looks like this is coming around the same time as the second soul break festival which makes sense considering Festival of Gold came during the first one.

It works a little differently though.

824322974dd81951cc2daea97420c0a6.png

To clarify, the "Special Reward" listed here is the one you have to use the tablet to unlock. There are 6 difficulty levels per dungeon (out of 5 dungeons, so 30 levels) and you only have 2 tablets per dungeon.
Meaning you'll have 10 tablets to use on 30 levels. the level above is the highest difficulty, EX+. So it makes sense you would use your 2 tablets on the EX and EX+ difficulties for the best rewards.

For example, EX and EX+ in the first dungeon would give you 21 Greater Growth Eggs, 30,000 gil, 14 Major Growth Eggs and 2 Mythril.
You also get the first time, clearance and mastery rewards for the other difficulties as well, but it would be pointless to use a tablet to get the special rewards for those difficulties, if you know what I mean, so those levels are just treated like normal event levels.

Dungeon 1: Growth Eggs (and Yuna) EX Boss: Leviathan, EX+ Boss: Isaaru and his aeons. Rewards: 21 Greater Growth Eggs, 30,000 gil, 14 Major Growth Eggs and 2 Mythril.

Dungeon 2: Weapon Upgrade EX Boss: Chocobo Eater, EX+ Boss: Seymour. Rewards: 36 Large Scarletite, 30,000 gil, 30 Giant Scarletite, 2 Mythril

Dungeon 3: Gil EX Boss: Dragon, EX+ Boss: Black Waltz no.1. Rewards: 1,680,000 gil, 2 Mythril

Dungeon 4: Armour Upgrade EX Boss: Bahamut, EX+ Boss: Ultima Weapon (VI). Rewards: 36 Large Adamantite, 30,000 gil, 30 Giant Adamantite, 2 Mythril

Dungeon 5: Growth Eggs (and Squall) EX Boss: Manasvin Warmech, EX+ Boss: BGH251F2 (the tank thing that the 3 soldiers come out of). Rewards: 21 Greater Growth Eggs, 30,000 gil, 14 Major Growth Eggs and 2 Mythril.

Also it doesn't look like you get realm synergy in any of these dungeons. They are pretty hard apparently, and naturally if you aren't strong enough you can use your tablets on the easier difficulties for lesser rewards but eh.

Apparently in the global version we are getting Firion, Leon, Mog and Edward as well/instead to make up for the lack of collab events. which coincides with their relics being released in the soul break celebration banners.

I am right there with you Razmos and firehawk12. Just spent 250 Mythrils and no Vega or Saber, no 5* on the last 150 Mythrils, ending up under the 10% statistic once again.

While I would have preferred that you guys get what you are after, it helps a bit to not feel alone in this. One of the hardest thing to me is to visit the forums and reddit about this game I love and have all those 5* rubbed in my face from people who did way less pull than I did. While I am not mad at anyone from displaying their happiness (I would if I got great stuff), I am after months of disappointing pull, just a giant salt mine with salt sprinkled on top.

My 100 gems pull was also another 3*, I am at 14/14 or 15/15 (lost the count) no 5* on those paid pull. Now I of course feel like shit and I want to quit because I don't want to live that feeling again, I don't need that in my life. However, I know that I love the game a lot and I will keep playing. Once this ugly feeling is gone, I get back to enjoying the game. I just have a feeling that this time it will be longer to digest, accumulation I guess. I was dumb enough to believe that this once I would maybe get lucky.

Razmos

You'd have to be nuts or only want to use the same five characters to choose something other than the growth eggs on that.
There's no real choice.

The first dungeon (Growth Eggs) comes out, you get given 2 tablets, you use them on the EX and EX+ battles to get the special rewards.

Then after 48 hours the first dungeon disappears and the second one (weapon upgrades) opens up, you get given another 2 tablets. You get 10 tablets overall, over the course of 5 dungeons.

You could probably save up the tablets, but there would be no real point because I very much doubt you can get the special rewards again and you wouldn't want to waste your tablets on the lower difficulties where they give much weaker growth eggs, unless you REALLY don't want the weapon/armour upgrades or gil.

If you were to use a tablet on the difficulty below EX, you'd get 4 Greater Growth Eggs and 2 Major Growth eggs, which isn't that great of a reward.

I am right there with you Razmos and firehawk12. Just spent 250 Mythrils and no Vega or Saber, no 5* on the last 150 Mythrils, ending up under the 10% statistic once again.

While I would have preferred that you guys get what you are after, it helps a bit to not feel alone in this. One of the hardest thing to me is to visit the forums and reddit about this game I love and have all those 5* rubbed in my face from people who did way less pull than I did. While I am not mad at anyone from displaying their happiness (I would if I got great stuff), I am after months of disappointing pull, just a giant salt mine with salt sprinkled on top.

My 100 gems pull was also another 3*, I am at 14/14 or 15/15 (lost the count) no 5* on those paid pull. Now I of course feel like shit and I want to quit because I don't want to live that feeling again, I don't need that in my life. However, I know that I love the game a lot and I will keep playing. Once this ugly feeling is gone, I get back to enjoying the game. I just have a feeling that this time it will be longer to digest, accumulation I guess. I was dumb enough to believe that this once I would maybe get lucky.
What's worse is that my paid 3 pull gave me 3 3* items. Really bad ones as well, that I've gotten multiple times before.

AZYG4LYFE

Neo Member
Razmos, the link you posted directly to the wiki gives a 'no results found' page, not sure why, but maybe I assume they are holding it off til a nearer time?

Also how did you get the translated banner for Forbidden Treasures?

Razmos

Razmos, the link you posted directly to the wiki gives a 'no results found' page, not sure why, but maybe I assume they are holding it off til a nearer time?

Also how did you get the translated banner for Forbidden Treasures?
Yeah I think they put up the help page too early which is why it has been removed now.
It was a few months ago since we found it, so eh.

I got the translated banner image from here:
http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/events/

He also lists Firion, Leon, Mog and Edward as rewards but that could just be an educated guess based on the soul break celebration banners.

EDIT: Oh, he also has a page devoted to it:
event_intro_pict01-265x300.png

Including a start date:
PHASE1-300x72.png

The order is the same order as the soul break celebration, so I guess we have a date for that too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes and no. On one hand, you're absolutely correct about Japanese companies doing their own thing. On the other, you'd be interacting with the Global community team and by extension the Global localization, of which monetizing the game outside of the Japanese market is an objective. If the localization team, in response to overwhelming amounts of feedback, tells them "hey, there's a shit ton of complaints, it's corroborating with the data we're seeing, people are genuinely leaving and we need to do ____ to monetize the game better because the response here is different from Japan" that carries a lot more weight.

I mean, I'm not saying that's what would happen but it's not as simple as a bunch of emails rebounding off an iron curtain with no effect. There's no harm, anyway.
Maybe DeNA has better customer service, but there's nothing that breeds the feeling of futility more than a form letter response. lol

I guess that's my thing about this system - at worse, you should feel neutral when you do these things so that even if you don't immediately come out ahead, you don't feel bad about spending money or your saved mythril. I don't think a game should ever make you feel bad about the time/money you put into it. I hope you get your groove back, but since the only thing cared about from the game is Lightning, I honestly don't know if I should play anymore. :(

SunGod

Spent 100 mythril and managed to get Hunter's Rod and the Blazefire Saber. I wanted Sazh's relic but I'll take these :) I also managed to turn a few 3 and 4*s into 5*s with the other items I pulled.

Should end up on 50 again today so I'll try to grab Sazh's relic again later...

Red Mage

I'll admit, I've done two three-paid pulls. I'm glad that I've only got two things out of either of them: jack and crap (and jack left down).

My first 11 pull and I didn't get anything super special. I'm frustrated because it took so long to save up for, but at least I got some new weapons :'(

Now to hoard mythril for the celebration banners. Getting Lightning was really easy, working on her crystal now.

the only thing cared about from the game is Lightning, I honestly don't know if I should play anymore. :(

it seems like the folks who try to fight the ensemble nature of this game end up the most disappointed. You would think that with this happening at least once a month folks word realize this and modify their expectations. This is hard, I've had a few all three star pulls myself and have spent money with not much to show for it.

Brandson

While mastering soul breaks this morning (Wakka mastered already), I noticed Celes always gets 150% SB points compared to everyone else (doing the XIII event). She also is my only character who has an upgraded relic (upgraded once). I can't verify with any other characters, but it looks like you get bonus SB points if your relic is upgraded. Can anyone else confirm? Do you get an even bigger bonus if your weapon is upgraded twice? 200% maybe?

MicH

I hate myself for buying an 11 pull, but I finally caught a break!

Such an awesome pull! I wanted the Vega, but Lightning's unique weapon is really nice too! Gonna save up all my mythril from now on so I can do some pulls once the SB celebration banners start

Got a blazefire on my 11 pull and defensive stuff mostly. Good since I needed it, but holding out for the next pull events. Definitely need to up my equipment since the hard mode stuff is well... too hard.

Nohar

Hum. I think I'll pull banner 41, since it is one of the most interesting banner for me. Banner 37 is also interesting. That being said, I'll keep my Mythril for banner 48 (Cloud's Organix!) and 51 (Snow's gloves, Vega, Lightning's sword and Binding rod - which I already have, but I wouldn't mind getting another one). Dunno about 58 and 59...

Razmos

Did a 5 mythril pull and got a 3* helm.

And then for some reason I can't fathom I decided to do another paid 3 pull. I got a second 4* bangle (the first one I got from my 11 pull earlier in the day) and a 5* FFIX sword.

It's still not what I wanted, but that's a pretty good pull regardless.

I paid for a few 11 pulls on the Lightning and Tifa banner. As much as I loath spending money on this game, I went a bit nuts due to crappy gatcha luck, and ended up with...

4 Blazefire Sabers (!!)
1 Vega
1 Hunting Rod
2 Kaiser Knuckles
1 Gold Bangle
1 Crystal Gloves
2 Silver Barrettes
2 Edincoats
1 Butterfly Edge
1 Zantestsuken
1 Genji Helm
1 Diamond Swird (IX)

I was severely lacking VII and XIII equipment and now that's sorted! The IX Diamond sword will be useful for Eiko's event, which is the last realm I lack good equipment for. Plus lots of combinable equipment... I've got like 80+ 5*s and higher now. Incredibly happy... And now I have resolved not to spend any more money for a long long time. Which means my gatcha luck will probably revert to shitty again.

Red Mage

Hum. I think I'll pull banner 41, since it is one of the most interesting banner for me. Banner 37 is also interesting. That being said, I'll keep my Mythril for banner 48 (Cloud's Organix!) and 51 (Snow's gloves, Vega, Lightning's sword and Binding rod - which I already have, but I wouldn't mind getting another one). Dunno about 58 and 59...

I'm saving for 41, but not sure after that. When does the drop % increase on the banners?

I paid for a few 11 pulls on the Lightning and Tifa banner. As much as I loath spending money on this game, I went a bit nuts due to crappy gatcha luck, and ended up with...

4 Blazefire Sabers (!!)
1 Vega
1 Hunting Rod
2 Kaiser Knuckles
1 Gold Bangle
1 Crystal Gloves
2 Silver Barrettes
2 Edincoats
1 Butterfly Edge
1 Zantestsuken
1 Genji Helm

I was severely lacking VII and XIII equipment and now that's sorted! Plus lots of combinable equipment... I've got like 80+ 5*s and higher now. Incredibly happy... And now I have resolved not to spend any more money for a long long time. Which means my gatcha luck will probably revert to shitty again.

Can we call you Ishmael?

How many pulls did you do? How many inventory slots do you have now? Good god! Did you have any dud all three star pulls?

broz0rs

I just recently started so I did two 11-pulls. Didn't get either Vega or Blazefire, but managed to get a bunch of 5* armors that upgraded all of my 2*/3* gears I was using for my squad. Felt the salt because I wanted Blazefire, but it's nothing like when I played P&D.

I also started the game because a Japanese singer (idol) Ai Takahashi posted this pic on her Instagram. I didn't even know the game exists until this so I decided to try it out. It's been very fun so far.

Quq9laB.png

Falk

that puzzling face

4 Blazefire Sabers (!!)
1 Vega
1 Hunting Rod
2 Kaiser Knuckles
1 Gold Bangle
1 Crystal Gloves
2 Silver Barrettes
2 Edincoats
1 Butterfly Edge
1 Zantestsuken
1 Genji Helm

I was severely lacking VII and XIII equipment and now that's sorted! Plus lots of combinable equipment... I've got like 80+ 5*s and higher now. Incredibly happy... And now I have resolved not to spend any more money for a long long time. Which means my gatcha luck will probably revert to shitty again.

I

Uh

Wow lol

Can we call you Ishmael?

How many pulls did you do? How many inventory slots do you have now? Good god! Did you have any dud all three star pulls?

I did 7 or 8 11-pulls and 4 or 5 3-pulls. Apart from 2 duds, every pull had at least 1 5*. I also used gems to expand my inventory from 200 to 300. I got nothing from my mythril-fueled 11, 3 and 100 gem pulls at the start of the event, and seeing everyone here pulling so many 5*s kinda made me snap. Before this, I was an f2p player apart from the 100 gem pulls. So, I blame you guys :p

I got an unexpected cheque from freelance work, so I'm chalking this up as a treat. No more crazy spending after this! I will NOT become a whale.

I think I have almost every single 3* and 4* item in the game now. Also noticed something neat.... If a pull has a 5* in it, the 'cauldron' that Dr Mog tosses the crystals in will illuminate brightly. If it just shines like normal, there's no 5*.

I did 7 or 8 11-pulls and 4 or 5 3-pulls. Apart from 2 duds, every pull had at least 1 5*. I also used gems to expand my inventory from 200 to 300. I got nothing from my mythril-fueled 11, 3 and 100 gem pulls at the start of the event, and seeing everyone here pulling so many 5*s kinda made me snap. Before this, I was an f2p player apart from the 100 gem pulls. So, I blame you guys :p

I got an unexpected cheque from freelance work, so I'm chalking this up as a treat. No more crazy spending after this! I will NOT become a whale.

I think I have almost every single 3* and 4* item in the game now. Also noticed something neat.... If a pull has a 5* in it, the 'cauldron' that Dr Mog tosses the crystals in will illuminate brightly. If it just shines like normal, there's no 5*.

Right on, man. The wait for Friday's upgrade material day would kill me! It is now, and I only have a handful of times that are not immediately useful that need upgrading.

So what's your strategy with four blazefires? A 5++ and a 5?

Saerk

Did an 11 pull with my saved mithril. Bunch of XII staffs, my 4th 4 star VII glove, and a 5*. Was so excited to see that since I have no good gear from XIII, but it was a Genji Armor :/. Already had one of those. Man was I deflated. Almost felt like it would have been better to see no 5*, so I wouldn't get excited. Going to save up for the Golbez pull now. Tifa's banner taught me that I need magic weapons, and I like FFIV.

Not sure if I'll be able to master the Tifa ex++ fights, but I did at least beat them. Just want those 5* eggs for power leveling characters to 50.

Jyrii

Banned
These new changes are awesome.

The possbility to remove all equipment/abilities/record materia from party or everyone else is essential. Enemy HP bar is great too

Falk

that puzzling face
Part of me wants to believe that for "chance to get" RMs, there's actually secretly a bar that fills up sorta like SB mastery, except the chance to get ranges from X% to 100% as the bar fills up so there's an upper limit on how long you have to lug characters around (/and do stuff in a specific realm)

Part of me also wants to believe in the tooth fairy.

:(

PalaCecil RM2 wru

Nohar

I'm saving for 41, but not sure after that. When does the drop % increase on the banners?

We will have two updates:
  • Tellah's event: each time you pull and you don't get a 5*, an hidden counter goes up, increasing your chances to pull a 5*. Once you pull a 5*, said counter is reset.
  • Terra's event: straight up increase in odds of getting a 5*. Right now we have roughly 9,8% chances to get a 5* with each pull. With that update, the odds are boosted to 12%~

Wazzy

Banned
Ahhh hp bars are seriously the best.

I just registered for the Cloud figure though I don't care too much about winning it lol it's cool but I wish it was VII Cloud.

I'm going to try and clear Lightning event tonight or tomorrow and then attempt knights path boss rush so I can get the ability. I don't care for the extra stage.

Red Mage

• Tellah's event: each time you pull and you don't get a 5*, an hidden counter goes up, increasing your chances to pull a 5*. Once you pull a 5*, said counter is reset.
  • Terra's event: straight up increase in odds of getting a 5*. Right now we have roughly 0,98% chances to get a 5* with each pull. With that update, the odds are boosted to 12%~

Isn't Tellah's the one where you can do five regular pulls, then do an 11 and almost be guaranteed a 5*?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
  • Terra's event: straight up increase in odds of getting a 5*. Right now we have roughly 0,98% chances to get a 5* with each pull. With that update, the odds are boosted to 12%~

How far away are we from these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom