• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
I dunno, feels like virtually any other 4* summon is worth the summon orbs more than Maduin. Only reason Valefor gets a pass is 1) same reason Comet does, it's a safe no-one-absorbs Non-Elemental fallback 1a) most 4* summons hit for 9999 anyway without vulnerabilities as long as Breakdown is applied, so elemental summon value falls off 2) Valefor uses far fewer summon orbs especially in the high hones.

My cleanup crew is Valefor/<insert 2nd summon>/Quake.

2nd summon is a choice between r3 Ramuh, r2 Phoenix, or ALEXANDER BECAUSE WHY NOT

Vorpal

1) same reason Comet does, it's a safe no-one-absorbs Non-Elemental fallback

One and done. I don't ever want to worry about a null or absorb (i.e. Quake/Alexander/Ramuh/Phoenix on Sunday) and I craft one of everything anyway, so Maduin and Valefor are available. Obviously a R3 Ramuh etc. would be useful against the right bosses but I'm not usually going to a boss with 2 summons on my summoner. I'll hone the elementals eventually.

Edit: I get a lot of use out of Quake though too, I just gnash my teeth every time it fails against a flying enemy or earth-absorber

Falk

that puzzling face
Man you have no idea how amazing it is to have 6 summon uses on a boss. Couple that with foisting RW duties and boss is usually dead before you run out of steam.

Choco-rolled Beatrix twice already doing the paintings and I fully expect to do it more than a few more times this event. (Thank you zany EX+ model)

Faithless

Okay, I'll join the Cult of 3, sure.
6YhmNrAl.jpg

Fuck.
Meanwhile, on my daily free relic pull...
f0N1rivl.jpg

Wait, what?
Consider me the High Priestess of the Cult of Free.

Nohar

I swear to God/Bahamut/Shiva/Bouddha/Kefka/Sephiroth/whatever that if I don't master this stupid EX++ Turk fight today, I will kill a lot of kittens. This is becoming really, really frustrating.

Vorpal

I gave 1 hone to Valefor and 2 to Ramuh. I actually still have a lot of summon orbs but barely any of the dang 4* elemental orbs.

It hurt my heart a little bit to spend GWOs because I also want Bladeblitz forever but alas. Orb Fest will be here soon enough!

Falk

that puzzling face
Na-uh. 2nd r5 Valefor is higher priority than Bladeblitz.

Knowing my luck though I'll have enough 4* wind orbs leftover from trying to RNG the required 5* wind orbs from Orb Fest.

Pejo

So I have been logging in over the past few weeks to do the events and collect characters/memory crystals, got on today and saw freakin' Steiner! Why does Eiko have this event about her when he is the superior FFIX character?

Anyways, I am much happier playing this game as a casual, and it's really made me enjoy it again. I still am not even done with all the classic dungeons from the past 2 updates, but my hones are all much better now after grinding out dailies while I watch Netflix or play another game. I'm not trying to maximize stamina usage anymore either, so who cares if I'm missing out on some stam crystals.

I drop $1 each time a new banner hits to support the game and take a chance, and so far I've gotten 2 5* out of the past 5 banners, not a bad %, better than my usual 11x pull in fact. I have over a hundred mythril waiting for the next multi banner too. One thing I've noticed though, my gold has dwindled down really far. at one point I was at 2-3 million, and now I'm down to less than 300k. Festival of Gold 2.0 when??

So I got dumb luck, I did a tyro with retaliate and solitude to try and take advantage of the core daily to grind the upgrade items and try and get Tyro's 2nd record materia. Tyro sucks in this role, but I got his record materia after the first fight so I was able to just flee the dungeon afterwards and throw him back onto the bench forever.

Nohar

EX++ Turk fight finally mastered. I never want to experience a fight so reliant on RNG ever again.

Oh, and Garnet's RM2 acquired. All that's left are Bard, Ranger, Red Mage, Irvine and Josef's materias.

I forgot that we get Phoenix with this event, which is nice for me as I missed out during the Locke event.

Got both Tyro and Garnet's RM2 yesterday after 6 or so battles. I'm not sure when I'd really use Garnet's over White Mage's though. I guess if you're going all out on offense? Seems like you wouldn't waste a turn bonking somebody on the head versus attacking though.

Falk

that puzzling face
I had some paintings where I basically zerged with no healer ('healer' with my Judgement Staff had Diara and a debuff or Protectga or something) and the RM2 was useful on that person for basically topping up on trash waves.

Now that Aerith's +Holy damage RM is here though I have a hard time not putting that on Diaga dude now.

I wish the game wouldn't constantly show me "soul mastery exp" after I've mastered a weapon, it makes me almost not want to let Vanille/Tifa use their special weapons due to the constant nagging.

WLeMjXBl.jpg

Wanted a Soul Break weapon, but another 5* IX blade will come in handy for this event and I still have the IX elite dungeons from the update to do too.

Yo... Requiem does some pretty nice damage with Eiko's RM! I love bards (core Bard doesn't count... Don't know what that fool was supposed to be). Also, Eiko is friggin' adorable.

Balphon

Yo... Requiem does some pretty nice damage with Eiko's RM! I love bards (core Bard doesn't count... Don't know what that fool was supposed to be). Also, Eiko is friggin' adorable.

It has a 4.2x multiplier, so it's the strongest 2* non-summon magic by a wide margin. Actually comes fairly close to 3* elemental -ga spells (4.9x).

EDIT: Forgot, it also pierces Reflect since it's in the Bard ability group. Could be helpful in some situations.

It has a 4.2x multiplier, so it's the strongest 2* non-summon magic by a wide margin. Actually comes fairly close to 3* elemental -ga spells (4.9x).

EDIT: Forgot, it also pierces Reflect since it's in the Bard ability group. Could be helpful in some situations.

My goodness! No wonder!

dpSoYEf.png

Years of getting totally screwed over and finally FuSoYa gets his time to shine.

Amazing~

Edit: Gau was just released too, but he sucks apparently. Another victim of the "no blue magic yet" curse.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's pretty damn useful to be honest. The first reaction people might have is "So what? How practical is a character equipped with 1 black and 1 white magic ability?" and completely overlook the fact that it simply doubles as a second BM RM2 OR a second WHM RM2, both of which are amazing.

LucaMac

Did anybody else see that the Beatrix 60 stamina fight is farmable for Major Non Elemental orbs? Apparently she nearly always drops a Greater Non Elemental but sometimes drops a Major. Farmtastic.

That's pretty damn useful to be honest. The first reaction people might have is "So what? How practical is a character equipped with 1 black and 1 white magic ability?" and completely overlook the fact that it simply doubles as a second BM RM2 OR a second WHM RM2, both of which are amazing.
Though I'm not sure if it's been confirmed that if you have two black or white magic spells equipped, (instead of one of each type), that you'll get a refill for both spells.

Falk

that puzzling face
All of the above.

Farming 4* Darks from Phantom Train during downtimes (like now - I think I'm 'good' on Black/Power for the time being - 500 of each hahahahah)

LucaMac

Reddit says Hill Gigas can be poisoned. This is not true, he's immune. Raging I wasted a slot. Not sure if I can beat him with my B team now, probably have to waste more stamina on him that's better spent on orb farming :/

Nohar

Sitting on 553 3* Power orbs and 294 3* Black Orbs. I should have enough Orbs for another Biora if I need to craft it (though I think I'll need to farm orbs Friday and Saturday...).
It's annoying though that those future bosses are nearly immune to everything... I really could have used my R3 Waterja.
I already have one R4 Comet and one R4 Biora, but I guess we won't have much of a choice for these boss fights. Annoying, really. I hope the next event will be generous in Dark and NE orbs, we're gonna need those.

All of the above.

Farming 4* Darks from Phantom Train during downtimes (like now - I think I'm 'good' on Black/Power for the time being - 500 of each hahahahah)

Good job Falk! I am at 75 Black Orbs. I have:

R4 Thundaga
R4 Thundaga
R4 Blizzaga
R4 Blizzaga
R4 Firaga
R3 Firaga
R4 Comet
R3 Comet
R3 Biora

I also realized that I NEVER CREATED Waterga ( I have one R3 Waterja).

image.php

So I need 30+30+30+60+60+60 for a total of 270 Black Orbs and I think that I am done with Rarity 3 Black Magic. 150 if I skip Waterga but I feel like if I skip it, it might come back and bite me in the ass one day. Off to a bad start today in the Daily, first fight was 5 Power Orbs.

I encourage myself with the fact that 10 of them will eventually become 1 Greater Power Orb. I have 50 Greater Dark Orbs and 105 Greater Black Orbs after creating Firaja R2, Waterja R3, Death, Break and R2 Quake so not doing so bad there. I should leave Barnabas and head to Phantom Train on my next "free" day.

Azusa

What should I hone/craft next? Here are my most honed and used abilities:

I also have Firaja, Quake, Protectga, Slowga and Break Strike R1. I don't have useful summons or rather I don't know much about summons and didn't craft anything. And I've cleared previous event until EX and got Faith R1. I read on reddit that its a good ability to have.

Falk

that puzzling face
I thought that the data mining showed early September, as Tellah/Golbez was going to be after?

You're thinking of the Soul Break fest. That gives a bunch of Major Growth Eggs if you know what we're doing.

Pejo was asking when the next FoG-type event is, and following JP timeline that's in 45-50 days. This is the one where people farmed 2 r5 Valefors, etc.

They're different events.

You're thinking of the Soul Break fest. That gives a bunch of Major Growth Eggs if you know what we're doing.

Pejo was asking when the next FoG-type event is, and following JP timeline that's in 45-50 days. This is the one where people farmed 2 r5 Valefors, etc.

They're different events.

Do you know if the upgrade mats go to your inventory or go to,your inbox like the daily deliveries? Cause that will dictate what I do there, no. Way am I clearing space or buying slots just to house another 40 or whatever mats.

Falk

that puzzling face
FoG 2.0 doesn't drop upgrade mats. It drops orbs.

Hence "Orb Dungeon" and hence all the crazy hones from people blowing like 150 mythril refreshing stamina on it.

For the next QoL update, I want them to change the screens that appear after every battle. You have click to "next" so many damn times, it's exhausting. First to see your rank, then your exp, then your relic's exp, then your orbs (with pauses for every time its a big orb or treasure). Fix that.

MicH

Finally got DK Cecil's RM2. Now I just need Irvine, Garnet and Josef to drop theirs as well as Red Mage and Ranger who aren't level broken yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom