• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

I just honed Quake to R3 and can hone it toR4. Also crafted Thundaja and honed it to R2 and Diaga to R2. Needless to say my 4* orb stock is pretty much drained. I'm going all out on the Turks ++ fight

Falk

that puzzling face
Until Terra/Golbez/Rinoa/Vanille memory crystals, Rydia is pretty much the de-facto 2nd fiddle after Vivi, which is hilarious because she only has 3* BM since we haven't gotten that balance adjustment that bumps that. Yuna and Garnet have decent MAG stat for summoning, though.

Quistis can use -ajas but her MAG stat kinda stinks.

I'm actually getting by on r2 Breakdowns (Magic Breakdown is r3) by sticking them on someone who isn't expected to do large damage in the first place then actually staggering his turns to get the most uptime (Hence, 4 + 4 ability uses lasts ~10 turns, whih is more or less enough to carry through virtually all bosses)

Nohar

Until Terra/Golbez/Rinoa/Vanille memory crystals, Rydia is pretty much the de-facto 2nd fiddle after Vivi, which is hilarious because she only has 3* BM since we haven't gotten that balance adjustment that bumps that. Yuna and Garnet have decent MAG stat for summoning, though.

We are talking about a difference of only 16 MAG points (148 > 132 at level 65). If you have 4* BM decently honed, I see no reason to use Rydia over Quistis, not to mention she can equip Breakdown abilities, and she is slightly less squishy, with 3883 HP versus 3408 HP for Rydia, a slightly better defense (76 > 68) and a slightly worse resistance (115 < 130 - that's a really good score for both of them).
Of course, once Rydia has access to 5* BM, she will be a better BLM than Quistis, that's for sure.

Falk

that puzzling face
If I have r4 Thundaga on Rydia and r2 Thundaja on Quistis and they're both hitting a vulnerable boss for 9999 I'm bringing Rydia.

Point is kinda moot since those memory crystals I listed are coming rapid-fire after Eiko!

edit: j/k I'd actually bring both because Mage Meta. TIL falk is stupid for deciding between one or another character that can hit bosses for 9999

Nohar

Apparently the EX++ boss fight of Eiko is actually 3 different stages (it is not a boss rush! - you have 3 separates stages, each with its own rewards and difficulty).
Basically, you have EX++ (1), costing 20 Stamina, EX++ (2), costing 40 Stamina, and EX++ (3), costing 60 Stamina (that last one can drop a 5* NE Orb).

In all three of them, you must bring Steiner. However, when the event was released in Japan, Steiner's MC was not included in the event. Meaning that we may have to do these fights with a level 50 (max) Steiner.

LucaMac

I'm actually getting by on r2 Breakdowns (Magic Breakdown is r3) by sticking them on someone who isn't expected to do large damage in the first place then actually staggering his turns to get the most uptime (Hence, 4 + 4 ability uses lasts ~10 turns, whih is more or less enough to carry through virtually all bosses)

My early character relic was Rydias whip. Now that Rydia has learned Shiva I've gave her whip to Quistis. She's pretty damn good with that and Rydia can have a realm rod whenever she's in. Vivi and Rydia at the level cap now so Ice Whip Quistis is the queen for the forseeable future bar when I need my A-Team. I can see how Quistis could be lower tier without such luck though.

Nohar

My early character relic was Rydias whip. Now that Rydia has learned Shiva I've gave her whip to Quistis. She's pretty damn good with that and Rydia can have a realm rod whenever she's in. Vivi and Rydia at the level cap now so Ice Whip Quistis is the queen for the forseeable future bar when I need my A-Team. I can see how Quistis could be lower tier without such luck though.

Some characters are very dependant on the weapons available for them, mostly ranged characters (Irvine and Sazh), to be useful.
Quistis stays interesting even without a whip, since she has access to rods, and you can equip her with at least one Breakdown ability if you need to. Of course, she truly shines with a good whip, allowing her to actually do damages with Breakdown.

*sigh* I need new stuff, but if they don't add the gacha improvement for the celebration, I don't know if I will pull.

MicH

I finally. I mastered the Turks in Pursuit EX++. I used a pretty much carbon copy of the team used in this guide on Reddit. The only difference was me using R3 Quake instead of the R4 Comet on Vivi (and the equipment obviously). Man that's nice to be over with. I hope I never have to deal with that pyramid crap again :(

Nohar

I finally. I mastered the Turks in Pursuit EX++. I used a pretty much carbon copy of the team used in this guide on Reddit. The only difference was me using R3 Quake instead of the R4 Comet on Vivi (and the equipment obviously). Man that's nice to be over with. I hope I never have to deal with that pyramid crap again :(

I will give this battle a try again Monday I guess, following this guide. Frankly, if it wasn't for the six Greater Wind Orbs, I would just forget about it: this fight is very, very RNG heavy, and Reno can pyramid-spam you to rage.

Falk

that puzzling face
Honestly I'd save up if no % change. The current 5s mostly "get outdated" anyway outside of Vega, and that's both an outlier as well as usable as a RW summon if absolutely needed.

edit: That reddit guide really is... backwards as far as mitigation goes. Protectga/Shellga cuts all damage by about half, and only tapers off as Pyramid hits, which is 30% chance per turn. That is, a 30% chance for 1/5th of your team to lose their mitigation, per turn. Compare this with Breaks which cuts damage by approx. 1/4 (from one source, not both) per application that lasts 2 turns.

If you're constantly getting hit by Pyramids, chances are you're going to have to savescum anyway for reasons not even related to mitigation loss.

Oh well, if you beat a fight, you beat a fight. Bad or good theorycrafting resulting in the same thing doesn't matter.

LucaMac

Quistis stays interesting even without a whip, since she has access to rods, and you can equip her with at least one Breakdown ability if you need to. Of course, she truly shines with a good whip, allowing her to actually do damages with breakdowns

Yea I've found having an extra breakdown beyond useful.

Balphon

Some characters are very dependant on the weapons available for them, mostly ranged characters (Irvine and Sazh), to be useful.
Quistis stays interesting even without a whip, since she has access to rods, and you can equip her with at least one Breakdown ability if you need to. Of course, she truly shines with a good whip, allowing her to actually do damages with Breakdown.

As I've been informing everyone with increasingly obnoxious frequency, I've had Gordon filling this role since my Enhancer is one of the three or so weapons that make him useful. He's actually pretty good at it.

Ok so WHAT are people doing to master robot of babil 2 elite? I just can't do damage fast enough and retaliate is a little unreliable for targeting.

Negator

CPU boss? Kill the attack orb and the boss literally does nothing to you. Make sure you don't hit the healing node at all. If you don't attack healing node, retaliate will automatically go to the CPU after you hit it.

LucaMac

As I've been informing everyone with increasingly obnoxious frequency, I've had Gordon filling this role since my Enhancer is one of the three or so weapons that make him useful. He's actually pretty good at it.

That sounds like a very good way of making him usable alright.

Speaking of Mythrils anyone got the compensation off that error in description on one of the banners? (I forgot which).
The Aerith bangle having a rod icon? They did offer any refunds this time.

So there you have it weapons being wrong type is fine but wrong stats listed is a refund.

Ok so WHAT are people doing to master robot of babil 2 elite? I just can't do damage fast enough and retaliate is a little unreliable for targeting.
In that case go for losing no damage medals so you can lose the two action medals. This guide might be of use:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3f0x6d/a_guide_to_bitfrying_cpu_elite/

The Aerith bangle having a rod icon? They did offer any refunds this time.

So there you have it weapons being wrong type is fine but wrong stats listed is a refund.

In that case go for losing no damage medals so you can lose the two action medals. This guide might be of use:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3f0x6d/a_guide_to_bitfrying_cpu_elite/

Thanks. I was able to win and get the rdm crystal, but I have to go back for mastery eventually.

kenji

Depends on how many eggs you have and what your hoard is but I like to egg to around 30 or allowing them to take a hit (unless they're core, those guys can be hopeless). Then it is a matter of who to level. Ones you have MC for generally take priority over ones you can get MC for (from doing a dungeon), may be too early for you to think about MC coming soon. After that the order is what RMs are important. In other words ASAP White Mage and Black Mage as their RM2 are insanely useful and fixed drops.

I tend to priortise getting mage characters up to 50 as being able to equip RM helps them a lot.

No matter what difficulty you do on Sunday aim for doing full runs as various levels of growth eggs are a completion bonus for each time you do the daily (I wish the other dailies would do this rather than be gil). The heroic dungeon gives 3 growth eggs so effectively 30k extra EXP just for doing all three stages. This makes the advice of spam RW and retreat after one stage hard to recommend.

In terms of EXP do note 1-40 is about the same as 40-50.

I would always bring a full party as it makes it harder to lose damage medals asnd you really don't want to get non-champion rank when doing these (as that can be up to 35k EXP lost per battle)
sorry for the late reply, just wanted to thank you for the tips :)

will play as much as I can tomorrow and start with some random characters (mainly the ones which I can put a decent equipment)

Falk

that puzzling face
Just think, in an alternate dimension Reno and Rude are playing FFRK and clearing waves upon waves of trash (player's parties) by savescumming till they can cast Fira first.

Shadow780

Are we getting Steiner's RM in this next event?

Doesn't look like it, which is a shame because I wanted to lv him up tomorrow.

Looking down the line it looks like Kimahri will be getting his memory crystal a few events down, so I'll probably lv him up for exp dungeons.

Kimahri fucking sucks.

Doesn't look like it, which is a shame because I wanted to lv him up tomorrow.

Looking down the line it looks like Kimahri will be getting his memory crystal a few events down, so I'll probably lv him up for exp dungeons.

Kimahri fucking sucks.

Yeah I was trying to figure out who to level up tomorrow. Everyone with a memory crystal is 50+ for me at this point.

About as useful as he is in FF10.

Ehh. If you know what you're doing he can become broken pretty fast in FFX.

Falk

that puzzling face
Are there any prior superbosses that required a character that -didn't- have a memory crystal? I can't think of any OTOH, and seems like it'd be something easy for me to remember considering how I only attempt boss rushes with lv55-58+ characters.

So Steiner and Khimari are unlockable somewhere in the classic events? How much further out is Steiner I just got to the ffvi classic dungeon where they get the falcon

Falk

that puzzling face
2 more mini-dungeon updates worth after that stint of FF6.

Off top of head:

FFX
FFI
FFIV

FFII
FFIX
FFV
FFIX

There's a couple of other characters as well like Maria.

MicH

I've really been slacking in terms of completing the new dungeons. Only have Maria, not Steiner yet :/ Good thing he's recruitable in the event though it sucks I can't level him up today

XJF

Anyone happen to know the minimum attack stat that will consistently one-shot BladeBlitz EXP Heroic? My farming would be incredibly more efficient if I didn't always have to drag along Seph for the quick kills.

Anyone happen to know the minimum attack stat that will consistently one-shot BladeBlitz EXP Heroic? My farming would be incredibly more efficient if I didn't always have to drag along Seph for the quick kills.

Not sure but my current guy is 273 with loner and one side kick. I'll be swapping out for my next run and probably have a lower attack person leading with bladeblitz.

Road

Japan is getting the new UI next weekend. Really curious to test it. The current version is already snappier than the global one for some reason on my phone.

286 ATK, which means 229 ATK with Boost. In my case, I'm using Loner/Solitude Record Materia in one char and Steiner just sitting there defending, thus I only need 216 ATK (3 empty party slots). You're guaranteed 2 easy fights: 4 Bladeblitz + 2 Roaming Warriors. I then rotate the attacking char to get another 4 Bladeblitz from a level up in the middle of the dungeon or just use a couple Growth Eggs to time it. Or you can hone Bladeblitz. Steiner started the day at 16 and is level 41 now. Debating whether to get Eiko today and level her up a bit or not.

Anyway, this pdf has values for all daily dungeons (p20): http://happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf#page=20&zoom=auto,-82,355

Nohar

It would be nice if we had a broader choice when it comes to Roawing Warriors. Now, we only have a total of 10 RW (all random, including 3 people who don't follow us and that we don't follow), and if the right ones don't pop (like some rare ones, ie. Celes), it means we have to spend 1 stamina at Fabul Castle to refresh the list. Puzzle and Dragons allows the players to choose anyone from their friendlist at anytime. It would be a welcomed change.

Vorpal

I thought Solitude was the only RM that worked with empty party slots? Loner only takes effect if there are KO'd allies, right?

Road

I thought Solitude was the only RM that worked with empty party slots? Loner only takes effect if there are KO'd allies, right?

The description for them is different but they are the same thing -- KO'd or empty. They even have the same icon.

Falk

that puzzling face
It would be nice if we had a broader choice when it comes to Roawing Warriors. Now, we only have a total of 10 RW (all random, including 3 people who don't follow us and that we don't follow), and if the right ones don't pop (like some rare ones, ie. Celes), it means we have to spend 1 stamina at Fabul Castle to refresh the list. Puzzle and Dragons allows the players to choose anyone from their friendlist at anytime. It would be a welcomed change.

Are you mistaking FFRK for another non-RNG-based mobile game???

FYI, if there are any other FFRK Inspector users out there, the latest update to Fiddler breaks FFRKI. Doesn't stay connected to the db and displays item IDs instead of their associated names.

So, uh, as an update to this, all you have to do is re-enter the database info and save it to fix this. Embarrassed that I didn't try this earlier, but whatever.

Yeah the banner blows the rod sucks steiners weapons attack is downgraded due to minimal defense boost. I'd been planning on doing an 11 pull on this, I have 91 mythril, but I'm hesitating now. I'm pretty sure I can handle the content with my four star gladius and the zantetsuken

Thinking I'll compromise with a three pull and 100 gem and save the mythril for the banners later

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That is the weirdest thing. One game I play lists all friends that you can hire, and the other game I play just refreshes every time you are about to start a song. It's not even the 1 stamina, but the waste of time loading menus and doing the fight at the castle just to hope you refresh it into something you want.

Red Mage

Yeah the banner blows the rod sucks steiners weapons attack is downgraded due to minimal defense boost. I'd been planning on doing an 11 pull on this, I have 91 mythril, but I'm hesitating now. I'm pretty sure I can handle the content with my four star gladius and the zantetsuken

Thinking I'll compromise with a three pull and 100 gem and save the mythril for the banners later

That is what I am debating.

3* bow I'll never really give a shit about even at ++. 0/16 on 100 gems pulls for 5*. How do I calculate the chance to not pull a 5* in 16 pulls?

Good luck to everyone else, time for my weekly dose of salt seeing the posts of lucky people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom