• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

3* bow I'll never really give a shit about even at ++. 0/16 on 100 gems pulls for 5*. How do I calculate the chance to not pull a 5* in 16 pulls?

Good luck to everyone else, time for my weekly dose of salt seeing the posts of lucky people!

Chance pull a 3* or 4* = 90%. 16 consecutive events = 0.9 ^ 16 = 18.53%.

Did one pull and got a 3* FFXII sword, such rarity. Back to xp. Eiko can wait.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
*Puts in 100 gems because I'm tsundere for this game apparently*
*Sees a rainbow colored orb!*
*Mog tells me it's a Zentetsuken, the sword they literally gave away for free when you start the game*
*Throws phone away in disgust*

Chance pull a 3* or 4* = 90%. 16 consecutive events = 0.9 ^ 16 = 18.53%.

So every time you pull you have 10% chance to get a 5*. That means every time you pull you are more likely to not get a 5* for your next 21 pull than to get a 5*? Because 0.9 ^ 21 = 10.9%. I am confused... Good thing I went to teach history!

Aren't these probabilities all IID like a coin flip though?

Yea even though my total chance to NOT pull a 5* on 17 of the 100 gems pull are 16.6%, I still have just a 10% chance to get one since I already did the 16 other pulls and they have no link together whatsoever. So I am not encouraged by my stats at all, they are irrelevant to my next pull... It will become interesting if I reach 22 pulls without a 5* because that's rarer than a 5*.

Vorpal

Every time I get to the stage select screen for this event I'm like forget the Holy Land I just want to sit and listen to this chill af music

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yea even though my total chance to NOT pull a 5* on 17 of the 100 gems pull are 16.6%, I still have just a 10% chance to get one since I already did the 16 other pulls and they have no link together whatsoever. So I am not encouraged by my stats at all, they are irrelevant to my next pull... It will become interesting if I reach 22 pulls without a 5* because that's rarer than a 5*.
I just remember my stats teacher telling me that "getting 10 heads in a row is as likely as anything else!" or something like that. lol

You'd think the game would just juice it up for you anyway to at least not feel like you've gotten nothing every time.

I didn't know Bard was getting some love this event. I still don't have his second RM. :(
Also, don't forget to bring along Garnett for those that are still grinding for her second RM.

I just pulled Eiko's relic with my 100 gem pull!
Please don't hate me. :)

I just pulled Eiko's relic with my 100 gem pull!
Please don't hate me. :)

Grats! I never hate on others, just hate my own luck... Well, sometimes I hate a little bit on people who pulls all the crazy relics and still fail at beating content that I consider kind of easy... But that's another story! ;)

About this event, I have no RS melee weapon for IX. I wonder if I will be able to Master the hardest fight on Beatrix ++... Will Advantaliate/Tauntaliate be enough with a Kiku-ichimonji at 111 attacks on Cloud? Not sure... I have enough staff with +100 Mag and enough good honed BLM abilities that I can Mage-Meta but I don't know how viable it will be against Beatrix. I always try to build a strategy that does not include retaliate first but this time I am not even sure if I will be good enough if I end up using it. I don't want to pull on this banner! :(

Four relic pulls four garbage three stars, two already had maxed and therefore were junked, one v hypno crown ouch upgraded to ++ and a vi sword to + that will never be used. I've pulled and failed on the ix banners so much, it must be a sign to move on from that realm.

Oh, wtf at two bomb spells. Straight to the garbage.

Game has a sense of humor I'll give it that.

IMG_0024.PNG

I was going to stop doing 100 relic pulls after getting all but one 3*, most of them of crap I don't want or can use (shields, items already max combined) but I got dragged back in. So I first did Aeris' for a 3* IV Ice Shield (lol) and then do Eiko's for 5* Adamant Vest. Not a weapon or sb armor, but still happy.

pathos11

Just got approved earlier this week so I'm finally able to join in on the fun in this thread.

I have no intention of spending mythril on this banner, but I did a 100-gem pull and landed Steiner's Defender! So that's cool. First 5* since I got Garnet's weapon.

Vorpal

Just got approved earlier this week so I'm finally able to join in on the fun in this thread.

I have no intention of spending mythril on this banner, but I did a 100-gem pull and landed Steiner's Defender! So that's cool. First 5* since I got Garnet's weapon.

Welcome! By way of initiation, please give me your Defender. It's a standard thing that we make everyone do I promise

*Puts in 100 gems because I'm tsundere for this game apparently*
*Sees a rainbow colored orb!*
*Mog tells me it's a Zentetsuken, the sword they literally gave away for free when you start the game*
*Throws phone away in disgust*

For what it's worth, they only gave away the Zantetsuken during a special login bonus week! It's definitely not a standard issue weapon.

Falk

that puzzling face
Game has a sense of humor I'll give it that.

Try getting FFXII Oak Staff :E

You'd think the game would just juice it up for you anyway to at least not feel like you've gotten nothing every time.

But that's exactly what they're going to be doing? (Well, things can change obviously)

draw fire worth making? Or it will be a reward later?

edit: just notice this is a reward from this event

In every instance I can think where this would be useful, I feel I'd best go with Taunt/Retaliate instead. Maybe somewhere down the line there's an extreme edge case that makes a different RW completely mandatory, but eh.

Vorpal

In every instance I can think where this would be useful, I feel I'd best go with Taunt/Retaliate instead. Maybe somewhere down the line there's an extreme edge case that makes a different RW completely mandatory, but eh.

Why not pack it along with Advance RW and Retaliate? At that point Tyro would probably be the only possible ret-bot, which isn't ideal, but using all three together could be brutal. Especially since Tyro could use any RS weapon

Balphon

Why not pack it along with Advance RW and Retaliate? At that point Tyro would probably be the only possible ret-bot, which isn't ideal, but using all three together could be brutal. Especially since Tyro could use any RS weapon

Gilgamesh has Knight and Samurai, but he's awhile off.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For what it's worth, they only gave away the Zantetsuken during a special login bonus week! It's definitely not a standard issue weapon.
I guess I can make a 6* weapon... but it doesn't actually help my party in any way and is at best a marginal upgrade. Go figure. lol

But that's exactly what they're going to be doing? (Well, things can change obviously)
Sure, I'm just surprised that it isn't just normal practice in the game, especially since this version is behind the Japanese version anyway.

I wanted to save Mythril for that Forbidden Artifacts event coming up, but I'm considering dropping 50 on FF9 tonight just because some of the Record Materia I want is locked behind some high level FF9 content. Unsure... I can probably clear those fine without it. Once I clear this event I'll try and push through the elite dungeons and see if I can master them--otherwise I'll do a pull at the end of this event.

Wasn't planning on drawing til the next major pull event but figured why not since they were new characters. Wanted Eiko's item but I guess this works. Bleh at the bangle I guess, I mean its a 5* but bleh lol. Might be useful since I still am not at the end of Aeris' event.

And Huzzah gold shield, getting close to two maxed out versions of these things.

Xetherion

100 gem pull got me a 5* FFX hat. 11 pull got me 5* Defender (IX), 4* Defender (I), and a 4* Wizard Armlet (X), and 8 3* items. Kinda funny that i got 2 different Defenders in the same pull. I also have a Defender (IV) so now i have 3 Defenders lol!

Falk

that puzzling face
Finally got Steiner to Pound Beatrix.

I can't stop laughing help I'm stuck in an inescapable pit of juvenile humor.

eastx

Another 3* from the 100 gem pull for me too. 16 100 gem pulls, no 5*. Ugh

Don't feel too discouraged. I only just got my first 5-star item from the 100 gem pull on the current FFIX banner (a Defender). All the rest were failures, as I'm sure the next one will be as well.

LucaMac

Finally got Garnets record materia. Had to relegate her from the team straight away. She's been soaking up exp far too long. It really bothers me having to have maxed characters in the side. More than it should.

100-gem: Flame Shield (IV)
3-pull: Adamant Vest (IX), Ice Rod (IV), Platinum Sword (XII)

At least there's a 5* in there

It's always weird to see the IV flame equipment be weak to fire

I'm almost done with Lightning Returns and I'd love if they added a world for that in the Record Keeper! It'd be great if we could get a new form of Lightning and maybe have the Angel of Valhalla as the first playable Chocobo character.

Diaga is a nice ability in this event. At least for the first 17 or so dungeons, I haven't tackled he final three yet. Hits like a truck and isn't absorbed or immune on these bosses. The staff you get in this event has pretty good mnd stats for only getting to 3+, my jstaff 5++ is still stronger of course, but nonetheless quite nice, and the 3+ rod from the other event is still very useful. And the robes from this event and the other are better with synergy than my regal gowns. The mythril dagger is pretty pitiful, particularly since it is not rare to have and the stats are below the zantetsuken even with rs. I had to up my ability storage from 100 to hold these new abilities. Looking forward to using them.

I don't really know how to handle the white Mage/summoners though beyond merely as white mages. It doesn't help that garnet and eiko basically have the same skillset for the same realm. Thinking of fun combos of using eiko as a valefor summoner with rallying étude and then a white Mage with curaja and protecga or diaga, dropping the black Mage entirely. Or perhaps keeping a black Mage like quistis who can use Breakdowns and ja spells and dumping a support character. Though taking away an attacker reduces the point to using rallying étude.

Really the disappointment here is the eiko first relic was a helm and not an instrument. Not sure why they didn't go all in in on the bard stuff here. The Madura harp is garbage outside III, it maybe inside III as well, it's been a while since I used it.

I see that Quetzalcoatl is an upcoming event reward. That will make three 4star lightning based summons and zero 4 star ice summons. A remarkably poor job of balancing the summons, imho. Otoh, that means shiva is still useful I guess, particularly as it is the only unique three star summons to use. Need to do something with those three star orbs anyway I guess. We need a support summons at three stars.

Razmos

The new Dissidia should have Tyro as a playable character. He'd be a super Bartz who can use all kinds of equipment and the abilities of every character, lol.

The downside should be that he can only use the abilites a couple of times before they need to recharge

Falk

that puzzling face
The new Dissidia should have Tyro as a playable character. He'd be a super Bartz who can use all kinds of equipment and the abilities of every character, lol.

The downside should be that he can only use the abilites a couple of times before they need to recharge

The downside should be he doesn't do any damage and dies in 2 hits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom