• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

Man, it'd been a while since I failed to master a dungeon. Went to Elite Brynhild and when I start the boss, I realize Cloud was not using Blizzara Strike and Mental Break as I had planned. I didn't notice that terrible mistake on the trash mobs because Cloud was just defending while the mages did their AOE thing or else I would have given up after the first battle. Result: dps dropped like a rock and I just couldn't kill it before the doomed character died, despite trying multiple times. 81 stamina wasted... Should've just gone with Advance Retaliate... Bleh.

Anyway, Rinoa finally gets her memory crystal. Time to dust her off. She can also use white magic and support, which makes her more versatile than Vivi (who is great if you just need him to nuke things), and she has more magic than Quistis, which is great for the 5*rod-less peasants like myself.

As a few of you mentioned, some of these new elites are no joke. I waltzed into Garuda with my average level 30 III team and he ate them up, twice. >_< Even after subbing in a level 50+ team it still took me a while to hammer through his HP.

Unrelated but does anyone else get random times when all the sound turns into a constant, garbled mess? It's always happened to me, not something new, but I'm not sure I ever mentioned it before.

Is this event tomorrow exactly the same as the first time? I'm guessing it has + battles now but is the rest the same? Time for me to get revenge on Edea!

Anyone going to forego the exp daily and continue farming Beatrix?

Still no major orb for me.

me. But my characters are pretty high in levels, particularly the viii and IV teams for the upcoming events, combine that with the rain of major growth eggs that is coming in a week and I don't see the benefit of forgoing more shots at Beatrix. I'm stuck at two majors, the first two times I attacked her, 8 greaters and ten regulars. So half the runs I've gotten majors or greaters, well worth it to me when factoring in the Gil. Basically I'm viewing it as 45 stam for Gil, the equivalent to a cycle on Gil day, then 30 stam per greater orb. Pretty tough to top that. The Gil will eventually get spent after all, particularly with all the relic pulls coming up.

MicH

I have the orbs to either:
1. Craft Power Breakdown
2. Hone Armor Breakdown to R2 (Magic and Mental Breakdown already R2)
3. Hone Valefor to R2

What would you guys suggest I do?

EDIT I actually have enough GNEO to craft Power Breakdown AND hone one of the two other abilities (or create and hone PB right away)

Vorpal

1. Craft Power Breakdown
3. Hone Valefor to R2

EDIT I actually have enough GNEO to craft Power Breakdown AND hone one of the two other abilities (or create and hone PB right away)

I think you should craft Power Breakdown for sure, if only to have it ready for honing whenever. Honing Power or Armor Breakdown is a toss up--if you favor melee parties, Armor would edge out, but Power will help with mitigation regardless of your party type.

Unless you're actively trying to bulk up your summons, I think crafted/honed breakdowns would give you more mileage than R2 Valefor.

Nohar

1. Craft Power Breakdown
3. Hone Valefor to R2

Weird: didn't you win a Power Breakdown ability in earlier events? You shouldn't need to craft one.
Also, consider that we will get Power Steal and Armor Steal in the future. These abilities apply debuffs identical to their Breakdown equivalent, and buff the character which used them. It may be a better idea to keep your orbs for other abilities if you are planning on using a Thief character (Locke, Vaan, Zidane...). Also, none of these abilities require GNEO!
Therefore, it may actually be a good idea to hone Valefore to R2, depending on how you use it.
Consider honing Magic Breakdown to R3 in the future, though R2 should be enough for most encounters.

Azusa

Also, consider that we will get Power Steal and Armor Steal in the future. These abilities apply debuffs identical to their Breakdown equivalent, and buff the character which used them. It may be a better idea to keep your orbs for other abilities if you are planning on using a Thief character (Locke, Vaan, Zidane...). Also, none of these abilities require GNEO!
But these abilities are so far away. Is it really wise to wait ~3 months for Steal abilities and don't hone Breakdowns that could help to clear current events?

Falk

that puzzling face
For what it's worth, I've cleared everything with r2 breakdowns (r3 on Magic because reasons)

Like literally my debuff guy (Gordon/Sazh/Wakka/Irvine) sits there with a shitty dagger and applies two breakdowns, defends a turn, then reapplies and it last 12 turns which should be enough to kill any boss really.

The way it interacts with debuff timing is kind of a low-maintenance no-thinking-required scenario that works with the party Haste from Boon or Lunatic High. Any other RW and I'll have to manually get debuff guy to wait half an ATB bar before reapplying and it lasts ~10 turns.

Nohar

But these abilities are so far away. Is it really wise to wait ~3 months for Steal abilities and don't hone Breakdowns that could help to clear current events?

Well, one simply has to follow the golden rule: don't craft or hone what you don't need.
If it turns out he needs Power Breakdown, then by all means he should craft it. But he should keep in mind that Power Breakdown requires Greater Lightning Orbs to craft and hone. There are a few 4* abilities which require such orbs, such as Thundaja, Dismissal, Thundaga Strike, Ixion and Syldra. Really, it depends on which equipment and abilities he already has and which he actually needs to complete events (and quite a few bosses are weak to Thunder). If Greater Orbs were easy to obtain, that wouldn't be a problem. Sadly, those are in short supply.
However, now he has all the information he needs to make his decision.

Road

1. Craft Power Breakdown
3. Hone Valefor to R2

Physical breakdowns are very low on my priority list. For one because they are a small upgrade over breaks - 30% x 40% (note: magical breakdowns are 50%), essentially negligible for bosses that resist them - 15% x 20%. And because I have little reason to put Fran, Sazh or Gordon on my party - don't have their relics for the first two and the last one... - so I'm usually with a char that can use breaks. The only breakdown I've honed is Magic (because we had to use Sazh for the event Brynhildr ex++).

Lastly, dena pressed The Defeater button today. yuck Just got a minimal of 2 per battle. All that lost exp.

Nohar

That orb event looks interesting. I'd hope it has better drop rates than the daily dungeons, or otherwise there'd be no point...

At the bare minimum we will still be able to get a few good orbs from the completion and mastery rewards alone. But yeah, the pop rate and drop rate of orbs will determine if this event is worth farming. Let's hope the good people on Reddit will keep us informed of their fidinds (we have an inspector tool or something, never bothered looking into it).

LucaMac

I'm now getting the temptation to create either Odin or Bahamut despite not really seeing the benefit of it at all...one use (admittedly every round due to summoner 2) against 3 uses of any 3 star or 2 uses of any 4 star doesn't seem to have much if not probably less of an impact when you get to the boss round. Especially with the damage cap. Do five star summons make a break out at any point? Is there any real benefit now?

I've also noticed that without having honed Pheonix a while back I could have created Flare or Flare Strike right now too, again, not really seeing the benefit of limited very powerful attacks against more slightly weaker attacks. (The aga vs aja debacle again I suppose)

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, Meteor practically does everything Bahamut does, except with 2x uses.

Of course, as I say that by the time Major Orbs are reasonably farmable we'll have Break Damage Limit and it's gonna be like a 30k AOE vs a 20k AOE alfksdfkalskfdalskfd

Balphon

Of course, as I say that by the time Major Orbs are reasonably farmable we'll have Break Damage Limit and it's gonna be like a 30k AOE vs a 20k AOE alfksdfkalskfdalskfd

20k x 2 > 30k

You're safe Falk.

LucaMac

So we are getting break damage limit? Cool cool. Cool cool. Any idea when roughly? Would definitely make the higher level spells viable again.

Falk

that puzzling face
So we are getting break damage limit? Cool cool. Cool cool. Any idea when roughly? Would definitely make the higher level spells viable again.

No, I'm theorizing.

I don't see how they're going to be able to keep giving Cloud memory crystals without going past 9999 as the cap though.

MicH

Thank you guys for the advice on whether to craft Power Breakdown or not. I think I'll hold off on crafting or honing anything for now and I'll have to check how long it is until we (should) get Power Steal. If it's too far away I might craft PB. Thanks again guys!

Is that actually coming or are you speculating?

edit:
lol nevermind I asked that before I saw what was above. A friend plays on the jp side and never mentioned that being a thing so I was curious if they just weren't up to it yet..

LucaMac

Tut tut. Got me all excited and everything.

I reckon we should start hording all our orbs for Knights of the Round though I'd say. 99 of each major orb sounds steep but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Disclaimer: Theorising...

Tut tut. Got me all excited and everything.

I reckon we should start hording all our orbs for Knights of the Round though I'd say. 99 of each major orb sounds steep but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Disclaimer: Theorising...

I want a 16 hit oblivion from Anima!

ETA: I also kind of want to create Bahamut....just because it's Bahamut. I won't but damnit I want him!

Falk

that puzzling face
On one hand, I want to beat up Edea ASAP.

On the other, XP day for 7 hours overlap.

I guess XP day wins.

I didn't go to bed until 3am last night. Too busy getting a jump on experience day. >_>

Damnit FFRK!

Ok, I was playing Battlefield 4 until 2am but still. :)

Razmos

Spent all my stamina today levelling up Summoner and Eiko. They are both nearly level 40 now.

Gonna make a beeline for Rinoa's memory crystal tomorrow, can't wait.

I have amazing FF8 synergy with all 5 characters at level 50 or over, with a Mesmerize Blade dagger, Blitz Sword, Valkyrie, 10-Gallon Hat, 2 Raijin Vests and with a free Flail from this event I'm going to have my first 5* rod too. This event is gonna be a lot of fun compared to last time, lol.

Speaking of leveling got me thinking of who was near their cap and who I should be getting towards their cap (in preparation of MC being released). The next few dungeon updates are pretty dry when it comes to new MC being given out if you are up to date (as in didn't miss events) it turns out.

Update 9 has Refia and Vivi. 10 has Fran and Irvine.

LucaMac

I want a 16 hit oblivion from Anima!

Actually yea. Good call. How many hits were the Magus Sisters too actually? Can't remember, but Anima probably tops it. Without break damage limit, multihits are the most overpowered things going. Doubt they'd give us something that powerful though. Imagine any of those three summons with summoner RM. You'd wreck two waves per round and then the boss without doing much else.

Whats the chance of X Aeons as characters? Might be a cool concept. Magus sisters clearly have their own specialities to give them different access to magic and combat etc for example. Maybe give them higher stats but they can't use equipment...each magus sister has their own seperate soul breaks Razzia, Camicide and Passado, but have each of them with full soul break gauges and you could do Delta Attack...very very wishful thinking. Anima would have to take up 3 party slots or something...

Screw this, I'm making my own record keeper game. I don't need usage rights or any of that nonsense. I'll just play it myself, with little bits of cardboard and hum the music.

Bummer... First time I've done a 50-pull and didn't get a 5-star. Followed up with a 15-pull without success either. The saddest part was I did this pull to get some FF8 gear, which I have basically none of... and all of the 4-stars I got were from other games and often duplicates of something I've already 6-star'd. Mostly FF5/12 items. Oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom