• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For synergy bonuses, does it matter if a character is using the same-record weapon, like Rydia (IV) using a Black Robe (IV), or does the bonus for equipment ONLY apply when anyone is using it in that Record (in this case, FF IV)?

Only in the record. Character - armor - weapon don't have synergy on their own.

TheExodu5

Banned
For synergy bonuses, does it matter if a character is using the same-record weapon, like Rydia (IV) using a Black Robe (IV), or does the bonus for equipment ONLY apply when anyone is using it in that Record (in this case, FF IV)?

Doesn't matter who's using it. FF IV gears gets a boost in an FF IV dungeon regardless of the character. FF IV gear doesn't get a boost if used on an FF IV character in a non-FF IV dungeon.

Caerith

Why would it reward you for two conflicting things? They made a similar mistake earlier.
Yep, every time they mean holy they say fire. I'm sure they'll fix the text later, but for the first boss you have to heal it and use fire, and for the latter one (use "fire" & don't use fire), you have to heal it and not use actual fire.

Synergy only applies when you use a character or item in the corresponding Record. For instance, in FFIV, Rydia (IV) acts like she has +10 levels and the Black Cowl (IV) acts like it is higher level than it actually is regardless of who is using it. Of course, combining both-- Rydia (IV) + Whip (IV) + Black Cowl (IV)-- is super effective and lets you steamroll content.

Bisonian

I'm guessing this is another instance of the game saying fire when it means holy. :p

For the final boss of this event,
am I supposed to attack him at all or just wait for him to go away?

It's a typo. It's supposed to be "use holy" and "don't use fire". The first version of him had a similar typo but it was "use holy" and "use fire".

So is dark cecil worth using or leveling up? I guess you get paladin cecil (light cecil?) at the end? I'm a fan of cecil in either case.

Dark Cecil is essentially Sephiroth light, if you don't have Sephiroth he's a good replacement (same basic stat lineup, just a little lower). Or if you want someone who'll be good while tackling the annoying-as-hell FFIV elite dungeons he's also a good replacement there. I'll actually likely level him over Pally Cecil because he's too 'slow' (low attack - high defense. Most fights need to be won with lots of damage and tanky heroes are kind of lower tier IMO)

Shouta

Dark Cecil is essentially Sephiroth light, if you don't have Sephiroth he's a good replacement (same basic stat lineup, just a little lower). Or if you want someone who'll be good while tackling the annoying-as-hell FFIV elite dungeons he's also a good replacement there. I'll actually likely level him over Pally Cecil because he's too 'slow' (low attack - high defense. Most fights need to be won with lots of damage and tanky heroes are kind of lower tier IMO)

Benefit to Dark Cecil is that he can use swords which means he has more access to good equipment. There are a lot of 5 Star swords too, lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
After looking at a character comparison chart I think I'll keep both Cecils in my party at least until the next character event, with Paladin Cecil taking Tyro's place for occasional healing. Still need to acquire him to see what my equipments can do to his white magic efficiency though.

So I'll be rolling with Cloud, Seph, Rydia, PLDCecil and DKCecil. I've beat some Elites and haven't felt the need to go back to WMage yet, we'll see.

rhino4evr

What is the difference between the Magic stat and the Mind Stat? The light staff boosts tyros mind, but he still hits for shit.

Considering white Cecil has a strong defense rating I think that automatically makes him a better healer. As he can take much more damage before the news to heal himself.

Anfang

What is the difference between the Magic stat and the Mind Stat? The light staff boosts tyros mind, but he still hits for shit.

Considering white Cecil has a strong defense rating I think that automatically makes him a better healer. As he can take much more damage before the news to heal himself.

Magic is Fire, thunder blizz etc. Mind is healing

Mag offense, Mind healing.

rhino4evr

Perfect! Thanks for your help. So basically hea a stronger , has amazing defense, and has better healing stats. So long small fry.

Caerith

Benefit to Dark Cecil is that he can use swords which means he has more access to good equipment. There are a lot of 5 Star swords too, lol

That's Sephiroth's major drawback, isn't it? It looks like there are only nine katanas in the JP version:
  • IV has one 2*
  • V has two: one 2* and one 5*
  • VI has one 5*
  • VII has four: one 4* and three 5*
  • X has one 4*
Compared to the ~60 swords in the game.

Sephiroth may be "better" but Dark Cecil is far more versatile.

marrec

Banned
So I beat Hundred Gunner and got DK Cecil. Things are looking up. Though I think I need to concentrate on finishing up the Shinra event... to do so I need more L. Dark Orbs for Dark Attack. But I kinda also want Double Cut... *whine*

rhino4evr

So I beat Hundred Gunner and got DK Cecil. Things are looking up. Though I think I need to concentrate on finishing up the Shinra event... to do so I need more L. Dark Orbs for Dark Attack. But I kinda also want Double Cut... *whine*

If it makes you feel better I beat shinra pretty easily without dark attack. On the other hand Double Cut is one of the best abilities in the game. And will come in handy against Rufus. Buy that instead

Meier

Just got to the 8th Station on Mount Ordeals. Stamina costs have risen to 10 now.. better get ready for some crazy boss that my party is not equipped to fight on the 9th Station. :p

My Dark Cecil is rocking a 2* Mythril Dagger or something. I haven't gotten any decent weapons from pulls.. I think my 4* Whip is my only one over 3.

garath

I'm tempted to drop Tifa from my party and use drk Cecil instead. Her low defense has gotten her one/two shot in elites and hard dailies more than once. I'll miss her speed though. Dunno.

Shahed

Okay I need Lesser Power/Holy/Wind/Lightning Orbs for Cura, Jump, Double Cut and Thundara. Are the different Daily's a good place to do them or are the FFVI dungeons more Stamina efficient?

Okay I need Lesser Power/Holy/Wind/Lightning Orbs for Cura, Jump, Double Cut and Thundara. Are the different Daily's a good place to do them or are the FFVI dungeons more Stamina efficient?

IMO FF6 seems to have been more efficient for me... They cost 5 mana and I generally get 1-2 orbs I need per run. Normal dailies drop mostly 1* orbs so you have to farm Hard mode which costs twice as much stamina and depending on your level are not great for farming any ways.

I'm tempted to drop Tifa from my party and use drk Cecil instead. Her low defense has gotten her one/two shot in elites and hard dailies more than once. I'll miss her speed though. Dunno.

Thinking of doing the same, if only because Dark Knight Cecil will be a lot more useful in FFiV elites which I'm still slowly plowing through.

Shahed

IMO FF6 seems to have been more efficient for me... They cost 5 mana and I generally get 1-2 orbs I need per run. Normal dailies drop mostly 1* orbs so you have to farm Hard mode which costs twice as much stamina and depending on your level are not great for farming any way

Yeah that's what i was leaning towards. Hopefully if I get a bit lucky these will get my abilities up so I can finish Shinra in time :)

Caerith

Just got to the 8th Station on Mount Ordeals. Stamina costs have risen to 10 now.. better get ready for some crazy boss that my party is not equipped to fight on the 9th Station. :p

My Dark Cecil is rocking a 2* Mythril Dagger or something. I haven't gotten any decent weapons from pulls.. I think my 4* Whip is my only one over 3.

I'm on the last stage, but so far I've steamrolled the mountain with a whip++ and three kunais++. I put in level 1 Dark Cecil as soon as I got him, too. You should be fine.

rhino4evr

I've been doing one level of hard daily dungeon and then quitting. For one you usually get multiple lesser orbs, and always one of the regular orbs. I was just able to create Curaga. And I've gotten a ton of lesser black orbs. I should be able to create a ton of elemental abilities tonorrow during the elemental daily

Ashodin

2011-08-16_005610_313706.jpg

GET

Kitoro

There is someone who's sole job it is to crunch these kinds of numbers, while they could be wrong, they generally have a pretty good idea of what they're doing.

Whales are going to whale regardless of price, and they're going to be making up 90% of this game's revenue... It's a tried and true method proven over the last 6-7 years in mobile gaming.

I don't think S-E's number crunchers are doing a very good job. Firstly, they chose weapons as the gacha prize in this game over characters. It's hard to get as excited over getting a piece of gear or a weapon over, say, pulling an ultra rare Sephiroth.

Still, it's nice that they're trying to break away from the norm of character gacha, but the prices are horrible for premium currency, considering that you're buying the chance to fill one of two mains slots of a character's equipment.

In most games, $20 gets you 6 pulls without any promos or sales. In this game, you need $17.98 for 6 pulls, but your pulling for single pieces of sets for characters you may not even have. It's like they tried to beat the price of a normal gacha pull, but didn't realize you're just pulling for one of two necessary pieces to complete specific characters.

An 11 pull in this gems should cost $20 or less, not $28.99, especially considering they oddly put in two premium currencies that can't be combined.

marrec

Banned
IMO FF6 seems to have been more efficient for me... They cost 5 mana and I generally get 1-2 orbs I need per run. Normal dailies drop mostly 1* orbs so you have to farm Hard mode which costs twice as much stamina and depending on your level are not great for farming any ways.

Geez, you weren't kidding about this. Orbs dropping from the sky like rain.

Only need 2 more L. Wind Orbs for Doubt Cut lets goooooooo

Roto13

I would never pay for gacha pulls because it's too much like gambling. I don't want to spend money on anything in-game if there's a good chance it's something that I'll never use. It would be different if I had the option to just buy a specific item for a bit more.

I finished the event. Got Paladin Cecil. I think I want to replace Sephiroth and Tyro with both Cecils. (Already using Rydia and Kain is leveled up a good bit too. Gonna reck FFIV elites.) I didn't master the final dungeon, despite getting champion on three of the floors. I blazed through everything right up until the boss, who was still doable, but he was stronger than I was expecting and he knocked out one of my characters.

garath

Thinking of doing the same, if only because Dark Knight Cecil will be a lot more useful in FFiV elites which I'm still slowly plowing through.

Well I swapped out Tifa for dark Cecil. He's already doing better than her in the event. With the lesser xp orbs I had I got him right to 15 and he's crushing. I think I'll keep him for now and see how it goes.

And now the final wait... 30 more stamina before I clear the FFIV event and I go back to tackling elites. One mithril from another pull and sadly already cleared the dailies.

Is the Chocobo summon spell exactly the same as Rydia's regular Chocobo summon Soul Break?

No, it's only single target I believe. Skip the level 1 summons, they are non-elemental and are thus extra garbage. Those slots are better saved for elemental spells.

(edit) Feeling the strongest urge to replay FFIV now... might load it up on the Vita to play while I wait for my stamina to recharge...

Falk

that puzzling face
Geez, you weren't kidding about this. Orbs dropping from the sky like rain.

Only need 2 more L. Wind Orbs for Doubt Cut lets goooooooo

you think your nightmare is over

your nightmare has only just begun

(rank 3 double cut x2)

Shouta

Summons kinda suck in general. The level 1s can be useful though because Non-elemental becomes more useful later on when bosses will outright resist certain elements or absorb them to restore your HP. You need a lot of magic power to make it work though, I believe. I haven't used my level 1s recently but I may try it out.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Planning on using both Cecils in my party for a bit. Only got DK Cecil so far but now I'm getting the Growth Egg glitch in my game.

I just want to feed Cecil dozens and dozens of eggs so he grows strong. :-(

Planning on using both Cecils in my party for a bit. Only got DK Cecil so far but now I'm getting the Growth Egg glitch in my game.

I just want to feed Cecil dozens and dozens of eggs so he grows strong. :-(

I don't think you can use growth eggs for party members (if that is the glitch you are having) you have to take 'em out.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got my Sephiroth! Didn't get the Master rank, but I have a few days to level Sephiroth to do that. Also got a Greater Summoning Orb from him!

GordonShumway

Neo Member
I don't think you can use growth eggs for party members (if that is the glitch you are having) you have to take 'em out.

It's the thing that they sent an in game message about. I'm on Android (Note 3).

Not working no matter what I do. In the party, out of the party, in a realm, in the main hub. Doesn't matter. It appears to be registering I'm hitting the + but the number used doesn't change.

It was wonky when I got Tifa/Seph but I eventually got it to work. Now it's not working at all.

Still loving the game. Hope it's fixed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom