• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

That actually worked? I heard it was broken and didn't work.

Yep. It took maybe 90 seconds, during which time he killed Tyro and Dark Cecil (still scored high enough to get champion on the dungeon at least).

Maybe you have to have the latter in your party for it to succeed?

NomadX

Neo Member
Finally got my characters to a point where they aren't terrible. Thanks all for the suggestions on using Rydia over Black Mage. Was leveling him so that I could Champion the Waterway but didn't need to even use a dark attack to get the Gold Chocobo. I am able to do one level of the Hard dungeons now, but by the end of the last round have at least one KOed member. Now comes the tough decision between making Curaga or Haste. Haste seems like it would be more useful if I put it on my highest damage dealer.

Meier

I'm on the last stage, but so far I've steamrolled the mountain with a whip++ and three kunais++. I put in level 1 Dark Cecil as soon as I got him, too. You should be fine.

I hadn't bothered to combine my Kunais but just made one into a ++ for the heck of it. Used another rare pull and got another piece of armor again.. meh!

Caerith

I hadn't bothered to combine my Kunais but just made one into a ++ for the heck of it. Used another rare pull and got another piece of armor again.. meh!

The only IV weapons I've gotten are a 1* hammer from a daily pull, a 2* whip, and about a million kunais. Since synergy bonuses conquer all, that's what I'm running with.

IV armor at least has been really easy to come by. The 3* black cowl aside, the Friday dungeon's hard levels drop a lot of 2* mythril armor (and it's easily farmed using VII characters because of synergy).

Clunker

Huh. The last boss of the event is accurate.
I just beat it by guarding with everyone.

Awesome. I also accidentally found that if you bring Dark Cecil into Fabul Castle (I brought Cecil in solo to help build him up from Lv. 1), he has his typical conversation with Kain during the boss encounter. I need to now start going back and seeing if there are other little easter egg conversations.

And going back through the past few pages, I'm not the only one restarting a run of FFIV due to this game. This is true power of Record Keeper -- to get you to rebuy and replay the old games all over again.

Ashodin

Awesome. I also accidentally found that if you bring Dark Cecil into Fabul Castle (I brought Cecil in solo to help build him up from Lv. 1), he has his typical conversation with Kain during the boss encounter. I need to now start going back and seeing if there are other little easter egg conversations.

And going back through the past few pages, I'm not the only one restarting a run of FFIV due to this game. This is true power of Record Keeper -- to get you to rebuy and replay the old games all over again.

What are you serious about the Kain thing! awesome!

Oyashiro

Im stuck at the second to last set of floors before getting Sephi :( I just beat the machine thing that was only affected by magic. That was a struggle....

What's the best place to grind for EXP? My party is around Lv 22 right now. White Mage and Rydia are getting destroyed.

Z3M0G

Is it 100 gems for 5 inventory slots?

900 gems for $12 for 9x5=45 slots?

That is feeling very reasonable as a way to give them some $$ for the game... better than gambling on pulls.

I just burned 2 mythril on 10 slots. Kinda regretting itif i am correct about the above.

Im stuck at the second to last set of floors before getting Sephi :( I just beat the machine thing that was only affected by magic. That was a struggle....

What's the best place to grind for EXP? My party is around Lv 22 right now. White Mage and Rydia are getting destroyed.

How many Thundaras do you have, and what weapon / armor are you using on Rydia? Killing it fast will help you more than gaining it levels. I think it only takes like 3 thundaras to kill that boss.

Oyashiro

How many Thundaras do you have, and what weapon / armor are you using on Rydia? Killing it fast will help you more than gaining it levels. I think it only takes like 3 thundaras to kill that boss.

I have 4 Thundaras and I already beat him. Im stuck at the floors right after that.

Razmos

Beat Rufus! yay
Had to use a Mythril, but I managed it on the second attempt. Got a summon orb too :3

Septhiroth get.

I have 4 Thundaras and I already beat him. Im stuck at the floors right after that.

Oh you mean the trash floors. I thought you meant the next boss, because the next boss is another thing that can only be affected by ranged / magic.

Have you done some of the Cecil event? You get a lot of VII gear there, it might help your White Mage and rydia if you can equip them with VII armor.

Edit: Alternatively, you can just close the app and reload whenever your Rydia or White Mage take a lot of damage in one round.

Is it 100 gems for 5 inventory slots?

900 gems for $12 for 9x5=45 slots?

That is feeling very reasonable as a way to give them some $$ for the game... better than gambling on pulls.

I just burned 2 mythril on 10 slots. Kinda regretting itif i am correct about the above.
I think it's more cost effective to pay for a pull and use the Mythril for slots.

Five Mythril = One pull or five slots.

Three Hundred Gems = One pull or three slots.

After some serious leveling, I managed to get through the last 3 segments of the shrina building in one shot. Landed a dark attack on rufus on my first attempt and quickly beat the shit out of the dog, but even with him blind, he was still hitting my party like crazy. I was long since out of heals and it came down to the wire to be sure. Everyone is around 27/28 with mostly 3 or 4 star gear, but Rydia with her shitty 2 star beret almost got one hit KO'd by a shotgun crit. Her HP is 1309 and she took 1267 O.O

I will never get that protect ring though, so moving onto the next event is best.

Edit: someone mentioned they got a summon orb off rufus, so did I. I checked the orb list and you can't farm any summon orbs? I guess thats a pretty good drop then.

Caerith

I've been considering going back and restarting/actually finishing FFIV. I have the GBA version lying around somewhere.

There's an exp/stam spreadsheet out there, but I'd recommend either Shinra 36-40 (the boss floor has an abnormally high amount of exp) or Mount Ordeals 5th Station.

(I'd also recommend ditching White Mage, because the stats on the core classes are just terrible. Tyro or Light Cecil don't heal as strongly, but either of them can actually take a hit. Give them Cura and Protect to keep Rydia alive.)

Oh. If it's the trash mobs that are giving you trouble, put some VII gear on Cloud and Tifa (especially the leather gloves++) and have them grind 36-40 for a bit to get some levels. Once Tifa's 20+ she'll just destroy anything that doesn't fly in Shinra Tower.

XGGLxku.jpg

It's not my favorite Final Fantasy, but I think I've played it more and in more ways than any other.

Got my sephiroth... now to work on paladin cecil. I think I'll be using paladin cecil, sephiroth, rydia, tyro, and cloud. 2 strong melee hitters (1 with some black magic proficiency), 1 tankish/healer, 1 mage/healer, and tyro who does everything (who has a 5 star bow and can back row autoattack great).

Also, I am playing ff4 right now. I just got rosa.

Just got Pally Cecil, confirmed that if you do not attack he will eventually die. You do not need to have Dark Cecil in your party for this to happen. He did kill 3 of my people while I waited him out though, even when defending he hits like a truck (lvl 30ish team).

Just got Pally Cecil, confirmed that if you do not attack he will eventually die. You do not need to have Dark Cecil in your party for this to happen. He did kill 3 of my people while I waited him out though, even when defending he hits like a truck (lvl 30ish team).

Do you get mastery this way?

StMeph

Is there a reason to wait it out other than it being the original method for beating the encounter in FF IV? I just did the usual thing and blitzed DK Cecil and killed him after eating 2-3 Darkness waves and won with Mastery. Party level around 27.

Do you get mastery this way?

3 people died doing nothing, so no I didn't get mastery. There is no bonus for winning this way, just a fun easter egg.

Decided to level up Pally Cecil as well as Dark Cecil and seeing if Pally will make a decent white mage replacement if I stack mind armor on him (he can't use any staves or rods, but he can wear light armor). His special of raising everyone's def/res may be enough to make up the difference for his lack of healing on elite bosses... but I'll have to level him a lot to find out for sure.

Is there a reason to wait it out other than it being the original method for beating the encounter in FF IV? I just did the usual thing and blitzed DK Cecil and killed him after eating 2-3 Darkness waves and won with Mastery. Party level around 27.

Nope, strictly an easter egg.

Xetherion

After some serious leveling, I managed to get through the last 3 segments of the shrina building in one shot. Landed a dark attack on rufus on my first attempt and quickly beat the shit out of the dog, but even with him blind, he was still hitting my party like crazy. I was long since out of heals and it came down to the wire to be sure. Everyone is around 27/28 with mostly 3 or 4 star gear, but Rydia with her shitty 2 star beret almost got one hit KO'd by a shotgun crit. Her HP is 1309 and she took 1267 O.O

I will never get that protect ring though, so moving onto the next event is best.

Edit: someone mentioned they got a summon orb off rufus, so did I. I checked the orb list and you can't farm any summon orbs? I guess thats a pretty good drop then.

You should be able to get the Mastery Rewards around that level. You should be using armor from VII, you should have gotten 3 Protect Vests just from the event alone, and Bronze Bangles drop a lot in the event as well. If you make a Bronze Bangle++ maxed out and throw it on Rydia her survivability should be much better. Also it sounds like you got RNG screwed with Rufus' attacks while blinded, he normally misses quite often when blinded.

Also i'm not sure what party you're using, but you should also consider using Tifa if you're not already. With Leather Gloves++ maxed out, she was doing more Attack damage at level 15 than anyone else in my party, including Cloud at level 28~ with my best sword equipped.

TheExodu5

Banned

Cast Slow on Rufus.

edit: wait...I can't recall if it worked on him or not. Nevermind. Maybe cast protect on Rydia instead.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I beat IV semi-recently on iOS and had a great time (hint: use a guide for the missable Augments). I'll probably grab the After Years when it goes on sale again.

Razmos

I have Final Fantasy 4 + The After Years collectors edition on the PSP and haven't even played it yet.

I should do that :(

I beat IV semi-recently on iOS and had a great time (hint: use a guide for the missable Augments). I'll probably grab the After Years when it goes on sale again.
Same here, it was a very pleasant experience on iPad and it's now my favorite version of the game (beating out the DS version).

Well, two achievements are broken, but otherwise it was pleasant.

Ashodin

Dark Knight Cecil is a total wuss in the beginning of the game.

Wah wah red wings
wah wah Rosa
wah wah Kain is cooler than me

Later when he's a Paladin he's a BAWS

Shit makes Kain so jelly he has to go
Light Dragoon
in After Years.

Roto13

Dark Knight Cecil is a total wuss in the beginning of the game.

Wah wah red wings
wah wah Rosa
wah wah Kain is cooler than me

Later when he's a Paladin he's a BAWS

Shit makes Kain so jelly he has to go
Light Dragoon
in After Years.

Maybe I'll replay The After Years instead of FF IV.

Used all my growth eggs on Dark Cecil since I'm guaranteed use out of him... now sending him and Pally Cecil off to do Mt Ordeals on their own to level up nice and quick... Can't help but feel like no matter what I do I'll never make Cecil a proper white mage replacement since he can't use Staves.

Finished up Light/Dark by AutoBattling through everything besides Bosses. Used Fira/Fire Strike/Jump/Cura on every boss, even ones that actually got healed from Cura, which didn't matter because Fira from Level 40 Rydia with a Black Cowl++ and a 4* Rod.. Threw in Dark Cecil as soon as I got him and took out MC. He was Level 18 by the end.

Attack with Cloud/Kain and Thunder/Fire/Ice from Rydia does quick work of Hard Daily.

Steamrolling everything, despite no longer getting any useful equipment since I spent money on a few pulls half a week ago. From now on I'm only pulling from money I've gotten from Google Surveys. I'll be using Mythril for Item Slot Upgrades (more cost effective)

Have all FFVI Elites, 3 V Elites and 1 IV Elite to go.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
How far can you combine equipment? I leveled up 2 lvl 1 weapons, combined them, repeated that and then was able to combine the 2 combined 2* + items to a 3* ++ item. Would I be able to make a 4* +++ item?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
How far can you combine equipment? I leveled up 2 lvl 1 weapons, combined them, repeated that and then was able to combine the 2 combined 2* + items to a 3* ++ item. Would I be able to make a 4* +++ item?
Twice, ++ is the maximum. You only need to level up the main item btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom