• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z3M0G

Awesome. I also accidentally found that if you bring Dark Cecil into Fabul Castle (I brought Cecil in solo to help build him up from Lv. 1), he has his typical conversation with Kain during the boss encounter. I need to now start going back and seeing if there are other little easter egg conversations.

And going back through the past few pages, I'm not the only one restarting a run of FFIV due to this game. This is true power of Record Keeper -- to get you to rebuy and replay the old games all over again.

Totally!! Im resuming an old playthrough of the DS version which i never finished. May download the rest of them that i need on vita afterwards. Especially VI which i would like to play next.

100 gems per slot?? Yikes! Nevermind...

That's not the same as 100 mythril. 300 gems = 1 pull of the machine = 5 mythril.

Interestingly, there's a different conversion rate between inventory and gacha pulls. One pull is 5 mythril or 300 gems, but 1 inventory upgrade is 100 gems and 1 mythril.

so using gems for upgrading inventory is a better deal than using mythril, because those mythril are better spent on the gacha machine.

Also, I believe each time you upgrade (so 100 gems) you get 5 inventory slots, not 1.

Roto13

I think someone said it's better to grind for abilitiy/magic orbs in Final Fantasy VI than in the daily dungeon? Any particular FFVI dungeon?

100 gems per slot?? Yikes! Nevermind...
Sorry, I meant per slot upgrade.

Five Mythril would be twenty-five slots, three hundred gems would be fifteen.

Both of those get one relic pull, so you get more bang using Mythril on slot upgrades.

so using gems for upgrading inventory is a better deal than using mythril, because those mythril are better spent on the gacha machine.
No, it's the opposite. if you're going to spend cash, use gems for relics and Mythril for slot upgrades (assuming you want both).

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Has anyone made a summon? Was wondering about damage and curious if honing to max could finally make them usable... Would take forever though.

chrono01

Both Ranged Bosses cleared. Now just Rufus is left and I'm done [need to wait for Stamina refill, though]. I have Dark Attack, so I might just reset the floor until it hits. I'm not entirely sure.

Sorry, I meant per slot upgrade.

Five Mythril would be twenty-five slots, three hundred gems would be fifteen.

Both of those get one relic pull, so you get more bang using Mythril on slot upgrades.

No, it's the opposite. if you're going to spend cash, use gems for relics and Mythril for slot upgrades (assuming you want both).

Doh, you're right. Confusing.

Both Ranged Bosses cleared. Now just Rufus is left and I'm done [need to wait for Stamina refill, though]. I have Dark Attack, so I might just reset the floor until it hits. I'm not entirely sure.

I just beat the first ranged boss, hows the second? I have 4 thunderas but I'm wondering if it's worth wasting the stamina tomorrow to get to the boss only to get shut down.

Caerith

I just beat the first ranged boss, hows the second? I have 4 thunderas but I'm wondering if it's worth wasting the stamina tomorrow to get to the boss only to get shut down.

It's much harder than the first. Bring Tyro with Cure and Protect to keep Rydia alive, bring Kain with Jump (and grind the prior stages to make sure Double Jump is ready), put Thunder on Rydia in addition to your Thundara in case 4 shots isn't enough.

chrono01

Not bad at all. I only have four Thundara too, and I only burned through...three of them, I think it was? I also had Thunder Strike on Tyro, and used Kain's Jump twice [I used Boost on Kain, via Tidus].

If you're properly leveled, you should be fine.

It's much harder than the first. Bring Tyro with Cure and Protect to keep Rydia alive, bring Kain with Jump (and grind the prior stages to make sure Double Jump is ready), put Thunder on Rydia in addition to your Thundara in case 4 shots isn't enough.

Not bad at all. I only have four Thundara too, and I only burned through...three of them, I think it was? I also had Thunder Strike on Tyro, and used Kain's Jump twice [I used Boost on Kain, via Tidus].

If you're properly leveled, you should be fine.

Cheers. So he's weak to thunder as well? Cool, that means all the time I spent grinding to hone thundara one rank won't be a waste. I ended up only needing 2 for the first ranged boss.

My party's all in the early twenties so I've been relying on gear mainly. How essential is dark attack for Rufus?

chrono01

Cheers. So he's weak to thunder as well? Cool, that means all the time I spent grinding to hone thundara one rank won't be a waste. I ended up only needing 2 for the first ranged boss.

My party's all in the early twenties so I've been relying on gear mainly. How essential is dark attack for Rufus?
Yeah, the next boss is weak to Thunder, as well. As for Dark Attack, it rarely sticks, but if it does, it makes the final battle a lot easier. I'm not sure how important it is [since I've yet to do the boss battle myself], but I've read it can be a great help.

mstevens

Trying to figure out what I want to do with my party.

Currently rolling with Cloud, Kain, Seph, Rydia, Tyro

I want to replace Tyro with another healer/support eventually... What is the best option in the Japanese version that I can look forward to?

Since Kain is playing pretty much a melee DPS role right now, would it be smart to replace him with DK Cecil or Paladin Cecil?

Ashodin

Paladin Cecil is rolling Double Cut Rank 2
lawd.png

Shahed

Question about upgrading equipment. Say I combine two 1* to make a 2* piece of equipment. Once I max out that piece, can I use another 1* piece to combine with it again or will I have to upgrade a lower ranked piece to be on the same level first? Trying to figure out how many Kunai's and Fighting Gloves to farm

Prototype

Having Cecil (pld) and Rydia both doing some healing has worked out great so far. Party is much more durable without white mage. Though, I do miss her limit break.

chrono01

Question about upgrading equipment. Say I combine two 1* to make a 2* piece of equipment. Once I max out that piece, can I use another 1* piece to combine with it again or will I have to upgrade a lower ranked piece to be on the same level first? Trying to figure out how many Kunai's and Fighting Gloves to farm
You only need the piece you're evolving/combining to be maximum level. The ones you're fusing into it can be Level 1.

Shahed

You only need the piece you're evolving/combining to be maximum level. The ones you're fusing into it can be Level 1.
Thanks. That will save a lot of time, money and materials then. Iwas worried I'd have to increase the rank of the other piece in order to combine with my already evolved piece. Kunai farming is fine since I'm doing it in North Mines where I get L, Wind Orbs as well.

Gotta let my stamina recharge so that I can do another run of the daily to hopefully have enough lesser darks for tomorrow's daily to get lesser thunders so I can upgrade thundara to level 2.

Road

Equipment tip: Cecil's event Mount Ordeals 9th Station, Part 3 drops Leather Armor, and I got a bunch of Silk Robe but didn't pay attention from where. Those are useful for the FFVI elites.

I'll keep Sephiroth in my party. He's my black status magic user. Dark Cecil can't do that. But he'll be my first choice on the bench.

All the event accessories have bloated my inventory. I think I'll throw away all the FFXII garbage they give us needlessly. I was saving some armor and swords, but if the Japanese version is anything to go by, that series won't be added until June.

For the gil daily event, what gives a better gil/stamina ratio? Easy, Medium, or Hard?

I did one test run today and got 16k on normal and 50k on hard, so hard would be better. But finish all the dungeon to get the extra 12k, don't just do the first one and quit.

I just checked the JP version and the US version. It looks like they haven't added the button for it yet in the US version. In the JP version, you can go to the bottom of a Relic gatcha and check all of the 5 Stars. The ones with increased rates are at the top.
iYTHT9a.jpg

10% chance (in general) to get a 5 Star though the individual rates for certain ones might be lower.

That list is in the western version, but it doesn't have the drop rates.

NomadX

Neo Member
After seeing the Healing Grimoire Soul Break, I wish it wasn't so unobtainable. I've stopped using the White Mage in favor of splitting healing between Rydia/Tyro and that item would make it so much better. I wonder if it heals more than White Mages soul break.

How are you guys getting so many high star relics? Do you just grind that much?

I've been grinding the orb and gil dungeons today and leveling up some of my abilities finally.

After seeing the Healing Grimoire Soul Break, I wish it wasn't so unobtainable. I've stopped using the White Mage in favor of splitting healing between Rydia/Tyro and that item would make it so much better. I wonder if it heals more than White Mages soul break.
It's the only rare I have and it is damn handy. Needing 2 levels of charge can be inconvenient though.

I'm not sure what white mages does but my lvl 23 Tyro heals the party for 1700.

As someone who's never played FFIV, can someone explain the job difference between these two Cecil's?

Are you talking in FFIV for real or in Record Keeper?

In FFIV Cecile starts in the Dark Knight class and has access to a special dark ability that allows him to sacrifice some of his hp to do an all enemy attack (in the DS version I believe it drains his health but gives him a strength boost). About 1/3 of the way though the game Cecile is told he must rid the darkness within him or he'll never be able to beat the bad guy, so he climbs Mt Ordeals and becomes a Paladin by facing himself. As a paladin Cecile loses the dark ability and instead gains access to the guard ability (defend in place of weak allies) and white magic while being reverted back to level 1 but with better stat growths.

In Record Keeper you'll have to ask someone else

Edit: Also for the Record in the non DS versions of the game I feel like Paladin Cecile is a huge downgrade as the dark special ability is WAAAAAAY better then the guard and white magic abilities. Even in the areas where Cecile is your only healer he's not a very good healer.

Falk

that puzzling face
Drain abilities on undead don't reverse (e.g. you take damage and heal the undead) like it ought to in the original games.

KUSOGE

Decided to buy some gems today and do an 11 pull. Got one 5 star but it's a Genji Armor. Not the best draw but I suppose it'll help me get through FFV elites. Got a bunch of 4* though. My full list was:

5*
Genji Armor (V)

4*
Sledgehammer (XII)
Gravity Rod (VI)
Sage's Staff (IV)
Hypno Crown (V)
Crystal Armor (V)

3*
Black Cowl (IV)
Black Cowl (IV)
Stoneblade (VI)
Storm Spear (XII)
Punisher (IV)

That's probably it for a while, i think it will take me forever to upgrade all this anyway.

Roto13

I can create Haste or Curaga but not both. Hmmmm.

Also can't decide if I want to upgrade my double slash or make another one for someone else.

Falk

that puzzling face
Does your primary double slash guy often use his second slot? Otherwise 2 x 2 makes more sense than 1 x 4 since it's way more versatile if you need 2x burst for a boss or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom