• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

Fucking Gigas killing 2 of my people with my final attack ready to hit.

Edit: And then I immediately master it the next attempt, and also had an RM drop, lol. Shoutouts to Kefka's Cloak making my life easier.

greyshark

Ultima Buster mastered. I tried bringing the double cast summon RM and while it triggered it did not cause 2 counters :/. Underestimated the speed needed for the fight - swapping out Wall RW for a Hastega put me over the top.

Falk

that puzzling face
Ultima Buster mastered. I tried bringing the double cast summon RM and while it triggered it did not cause 2 counters :/. Underestimated the speed needed for the fight - swapping out Wall RW for a Hastega put me over the top.

I brought Blood of Espers and discovered the second cast is random target!

I have a question about Cid's Missions. As I understand it, the reward can be Major Orbs and Fragments? Never equipment or abilities? Also, are they always with the Ultimate+ of the event, meaning that the mission is failed forever if you can't finish it on time?

As a completionist, it kind of bother me a lot but there is no way that I want to start pulling for clearing those missions, there is too many gears that I still want to try to get.

Jyrii

Banned
So, I probably should't combine my three Lullaby Rods as I don't have other 5* FFX rods/staffs, but should I combine two of them?

Nohar

Against my better judgement, I decided to do a YOLO 11 pull on the first SSB banner. Because I dreamt that I would get a 5*++ Excalibur (... I may need to stop playing this game. I'm having weird dreams).
I see three 5*.

Here are the results:

M6UrpKN.jpg

Do note that my first reaction upon seeing that I got the Revolver (1rst 5* to appear) was "DAMN YOU WAZZY!" (really: I yelled that line).

Then I saw the other two.

#happy

On a side note: FFXII has a 4* Rod?! I thought this realm only had staves. I'm actually a bit astounded.

I guess that I can go full Scream meta now. Even if I don't pull the Platinum Sword, I can use a team with Cloud/Sephiroth (SSB), Leon (Hand of the Emperor), Bartz, Tyro (SB & Breaks) and Selphie (SSB). Goodbye mage-meta.

Razmos

People need to get it through their head that Quistis is not that bad. 4* BLM and 4* SUP is plenty to find use from. I got her Red Scorpion back during the event it released, and she's been a permanent member of my Ultimate party ever since. Having native hastega/shellga/high regen is invaluable. Don't underestimate the high regen especially. It basically removes the need for a medica. I use Selphie as my healer because I have her first medica, but in the last couple Ultimates i never used it because the high regen from Mighty Guard did so much healing that i only needed single target heals. I'm actually thinking about just using RS healers from now on, even if i don't have Medicas with them.
My problem is that I have Sazh, who has a soul break nearly as good but with a far better move set

Tidd

Pulled Wakkas "Over the top" with my 100gem pull. My first SSB. Totally expected another 3*. Guess he stays my main 5* support user. :)

Will only pull on banner 5 since I still need a wall and hastega soul break.

Random observation when looking at weapon stats (in research for a post below).

Did you know that Telescopic Baton the only Rod to have 0 Mnd? To compensate it, does have 84 attack, the strongest of any rod (I'm getting flashbacks to when under FFIV synergy Polymorph Rod was my 8th strongest weapon in attack). I'd like to think there is some poor player out there whose strongest attack RS weapon for FFVII is Gilgamesh using this but the Gold Sword exists.

I brought Blood of Espers and discovered the second cast is random target!
Interesting. My accidental tests months ago found it was lowest % HP but I was in the range of 1/10 to 1/100 chance of being wrong (that is random target always landing on lowest %). Random would be consistent with other multi-hit abilities (remember those fun times when you couldn't make all 3 Angel Wing Bolts hit the same target)

So, I probably should't combine my three Lullaby Rods as I don't have other 5* FFX rods/staffs, but should I combine two of them?
How I would handle this situation:
Look at FFX content and think to yourself "would I bring 3 people equipped with Lullaby Rod to this?"
Look at your equipment and think under non-RS "is having a 109 Mag, 123 Mnd an improvement on what I currently have? Will I miss having one more 100 mag, 113 mnd rod?"

The latter is very important to consider. I'm probably not the best source of such advice as I've kept 3 Storm staff (IX) around for months although I rarely bought all 3 as they were among my best mag weapons a lot of the time. I've since combined 1 as I got an Ashura's Rod (IX). Ironically the Storm staff+ now has better mag than that (but not all mages can use staffs)...or at least it would if I would if I maxed it but I'm being very frugal with upgrade materials (I don't want to run out before the upgrade phase).

The only time I've used double bm/sm was with aoe spells on ultimates or against solo bosses so never had that issue. Thanks for suffering for our knowledge Falk

Nohar

The latter is very important to consider. I'm probably not the best source of such advice as I've kept 3 Storm staff (IX) around for months although I rarely bought all 3 as they were among my best mag weapons a lot of the time. I've since combined 1 as I got an Ashura's Rod (IX). Ironically the Storm staff+ now has better mag than that (but not all mages can use staffs)...or at least it would if I would if I maxed it but I'm being very frugal with upgrade materials (I don't want to run out before the upgrade phase).

Heh, I hear you. I'm slowly but surely running out of upgrade materials for weapons here. Didn't think it would happen.

Falk

that puzzling face
Interesting. My accidental tests months ago found it was lowest % HP but I was in the range of 1/10 to 1/100 chance of being wrong (that is random target always landing on lowest %). Random would be consistent with other multi-hit abilities (remember those fun times when you couldn't make all 3 Angel Wing Bolts hit the same target)

Ha ha, ouch - I would have thought at least it would follow the mechanics of just clicking the ability without selecting a target.

That's what I meant. As it doesn't follow your targeting assignment.

Cuz eating a reflected Firaja that you're assuming will do 1.2k is hilarious and sad at the same time.

How have they managed to make the first hour of FFX-2 stretch the entire event! Love the music though.... needed a change from the Orbfest monotony!

FFMafia

Does anyone know how long it takes for gems to show up when you purchase them? I bought 8.99$ pack ( tonberry I believe) and I still have 0 gems listed. I am going to email their support but it suggests sending the apple receipt and I haven't received mine yet (Apple takes forever to send via email). I know the transaction went through because I had credit on my iOS account and it went down 9$ afterwards.

Falk

that puzzling face
FWIW, they added a feature/fix where if you had a pending payment processing, buying gems again will detect that and credit it to your account. It's worth a shot going through that (and stopping at the 'confirm purchase' prompt on iOS if you get to it) just to see if that fixes it.

This was to get around the issue where if iOS kicked you to 'you need to confirm shit before you can buy stuff' page, FFRK wouldn't properly register it. Was a few months back.

FFMafia

FWIW, they added a feature/fix where if you had a pending payment processing, buying gems again will detect that and credit it to your account. It's worth a shot going through that (and stopping at the 'confirm purchase' prompt on iOS if you get to it) just to see if that fixes it.

This was to get around the issue where if iOS kicked you to 'you need to confirm shit before you can buy stuff' page, FFRK wouldn't properly register it. Was a few months back.

Oh wow. Because that's exactly what happened to me it had to confirm and it kicked me out. Haha okay I'll try the above and see what happens.

Edit: wow it worked like you said. I first tried just a 0.99 pack got to the confirmation page but that didn't do anything. I tried the same pack 8.99$ and then it said "we found a similar pending purchase it has been restored thank you"

Thanks Falk!

Dragner

I hate this event. I hated everything from FF X-2 besides its amazing combat system. And thats not here. Luckily we wont have another for 6 months.

I didn't mind X-2. Story was ludicrous but i liked that it didn't take itself so seriously. Yuna, Rikku and Paine were all likeable enough and i prefer Yuna in X-2 for sure. Not the best in the series by any means, and i'd definitely rate X higher, but one of the better mainline sequels/spin-offs IMO.

RivalCore

I loaded the game onto Bluestacks and auto-battled my way through the event. With the exception of the music, there's wasn't a single memorable piece of art in it.

LucaMac

Great news to the droves of Kimahri fans out there. His record dive was released in Japan and through it he can gain Support 4...

Razmos

I look forward to using Wakka's SSB in both of the current events and the future events. 100% chance of blind AND poison on all enemies is crazy useful, especially for the Gigas and Leblanc fights

Kenai

I had just enough to do an 11 pull while keeping a pull for Banners 4, 5, Tactics, and 6, so I did.

Got Bartz and Seph swords (and a random Heavy Armor from 5?). Seph was all but forgotten last month and now with both Shadow Flare and Black Materia in the last few weeks plus a good SB for Bartz, both become part of my A Team along with Selphie (Dreamstage), Rinoa (Wishing Star) and Garnet (Divine Guardian), with occasional appearances by Red XIII and Stardust Ray/R2 Full Break.

Divine Guardian especially is AMAZING since it stacks with Shellga, I can't believe how much of a gamechanger native Hastega is, I like Garnet and I love FF9 but had no idea just how lucky I was to pull that rod. I don't even have native wall and I mastered Gigas just now with Seph reliably landing Blind between Yukazae(sp?) and Shadow Flare before unloading Black Materia, Bartz hitting hard with Steal Power + Trueblade, Rinoa's solid spells and Selphie avoiding full waves of AoE with Dreamstage (granted I needed a few S/L before stupid Tempo Flurry procced). There are times when I wish Garnet had access to a more spammable ability since she always ends up defending at the end (I tend to give her my R4 Valefor and Shellga or something but they run out and her MND is kinda garbo for Diaga use) but all in all i can't complain too much at all. She even earned a spot as the only non-BLM on the Nightmare dungeon which also went down.

As much as I'd like something in the upcoming banners like Plat Sword or more FF6 stuff, I feel very lucky right now to have what I got, especially since I have put very little money into the game (outside the $1 pulls). My team would prolly look a bit different if some of my more endearing 65 characters with solid SBs had their cap at 80 instead,, but I am sure those will come in time.

Just defeated Uktima Buster, it was pretty easy even with fairly unspectacular hones. It's a fun fight though, interesting mechanics and the low cost of entry makes it tempting to go back and try out some other strategies. I took Mighty Guard for my RW and it worked beautifully.

greyshark

Still no gigantaurs for me this phase - really short on Major Holy Orbs. Wasn't planning on refreshing but now that I have Excalibur I may do it to get an eventual R3 Saints Cross.

LucaMac

I look forward to using Wakka's SSB in both of the current events and the future events. 100% chance of blind AND poison on all enemies is crazy useful, especially for the Gigas and Leblanc fights

Pulled it during the support abyss in Japan. He'd still be my main support if I hadn't gotten Faris' BSSB. Anytime there are vulnerabilities or multibosses he often comes back out as a damage dealer though. Great relic. Congrats.

Ahnez

Khimahri

Problem solved

Yeah, I think..

Also, why this game doesn't want me to have a healer? Really, the only healing SB I have is Celebration Grimoire..

tmtyf

So after using 200 mythril in pulls and getting not one 5star in the past few events I decided to pull today and got yunas trigger happy :0 bout time I get something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom