• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
6IJgM4E.jpg

Nohar

Wazzy, you are weird. Like real weird. Like a cucco from Zelda weird. Like a salmon eggss panini weird.

Beat Nightmare dungeon btw. I had to retry a few times Ultima, but it went pretty well.

Pejo

Anyone have advice for Dreadnaught fight, for someone that hasn't necessarily been building their team for the meta? I run an all physical team right now of Jecht, Red, Squall, Locke, and Pecil, but I have every character unlocked at the very least.

Basically, I just want a really super easy strategy for beating dreadnaught to get a free MC2 (i'm way behind on them.)

Thanks!

I decided to do an 11 pull and well...
SV0VuEll.jpg

Revolver was the first to show and I was like salt.jpg (on the other hand I have one already so mega stat stick for VIII or should I keep them split for that same event?). I really appreciate the two Lullaby rods as they're good mag sticks for the FFX event that is about to start. Mighty guard VIII might be slightly worse than Garnet's guardian (level 65 character, shellga instead of magic shield) but I've been wanting hastega for months and FFII event will be over before phase 5.

I'm thinking, quit while I'm ahead with this phase now (phases 2-4 are fairly skippable to me
I'm such a mythril hoard
).

Now for smashing up some gigas? Mighty guard VIII is incredible I'm told so that is Quistis, I'm tempted to bring Yuna (a summon and slowga) and Selphie (protectga, curaga) so rest of Party is tough, I have Zack for spellblades and airstrike (wing sword++) but is 3* spellblade enough to damage cap and last member I'm wondering if Gilgamesh for retaliate (as Yuna will run out of stuff to do pretty quickly) and using Firion's axe or sticking to the real Firion and thier shit ability selection. Quistis probably wants blindga to go with some weakness magic for building SB gauge but she might want a breakdown instead.

Fake edit: Dark Bow++ when under FFV synergy is 1 attack weaker than that Killer Bow given out as a dungeon reward, yeah I'm not making the ++ version, time to feed into another weapon.

So are all the ultimate Nightmare bosses somewhat puzzle type battles? I guess I had them all wrong when I thought people were stressing about their difficulty. This one was way easy for whatever reason.

I think if we didn't have Japan to look to (since they already figured out how to conquer them), it would be tricky and require a lot of trial and error with hitting the orb. The 1 stamina cost makes sense for this.

Czarcasm

Only took two tries to master Ultima Buster, only lost one medal for damage

My Team:

Terra(Lv.77) - Firaga R4/Blizaga R3 - Zeal - No Soul Break
Hope(Lv.61) - Thundaga R4/Shellga R2 - Ascendance - No Soul Break
Golbez(Lv.51) - Firaja R3/Blizzaga R3 - Vow of Vengeance - No Soul Break
Tellah(Lv.56) - Thundaja R3/Thundaga R2 - Witch of Succession - Font of Wisdom (Unused)
Red XIII(Lv.68) - Comet R1/Waterga R4 - Dr. Mog's Teachings - Lunatic High

RW - Magitek Missile

Oh, the 6* accessory reduces lightning damage. Looks like I'll be doing at least the two most stamina expensive nightmares.

You finally got a top tier AoE heal :p No more regretting not picking the Candle Rod :D
But...I've had a mid tier one for three days (also two copies of the same relic)

As for regret...the next FFVII event will bring that as the knife I chose is completely obsolete now (I now have Basilisks Claw) but I can't bring myself to make it augment fodder so it costs me 1/5 mythril to keep.

Reddit are saying hymn of the fayth is formerly top tier though as h85 AoE heals ones exist...however what they don't say is those are SSB meaning they have lower pulling odds (so is that beloved chase at all costs, rage quit if you don't pull, one wing angel platinum sword).

edit: I forgot that SSB have like 30k SB EXP needed to master; I'll be wasting EXP for days :( (but it'll be worth it so Quistis can equip something with +mnd to make the hastega last like 2.5 seconds longer). Also I'm sure I was getting 2533 SB EXP with 4 men parties yet I seem to be getting the same with 3 man...edit: well given I'm getting just shy of 2000 with 5 men it must have been 2300 or something...well I'm 5 manning anyway to waste less EXP so no consequence either way.

RivalCore

Did my 100 gem and a 50 pull this morning. Got 12 3*s. Actually furious with the game, wanted to quit, give up on life...

So I did another 50 pull;

pc2TAkF.png

I love this game.

Though pulling Blitz sword is annoying. I wish they would just lock the pulls to what's on the banner. Still, I now have two 5* FFVIII swords when I had nothing 5 days ago.

MicH

Oh, the 6* accessory reduces lightning damage. Looks like I'll be doing at least the two most stamina expensive nightmares.

But...I've had a mid tier one for three days (also two copies of the same relic)

As for regret...the next FFVII event will bring that as the knife I chose is completely obsolete now (I now have Basilisks Claw) but I can't bring myself to make it augment fodder so it costs me 1/5 mythril to keep.

Reddit are saying hymn of the fayth is formerly top tier though as h85 AoE heals ones exist...however what they don't say is those are SSB meaning they have lower pulling odds (so is that beloved chase at all costs, rage quit if you don't pull, one wing angel platinum sword).

edit: I forgot that SSB have like 30k SB EXP needed to master; I'll be wasting EXP for days :( (but it'll be worth it so Quistis can equip something with +mnd to make the hastega last like 2.5 seconds longer). Also I'm sure I was getting 2533 SB EXP with 4 men parties yet I seem to be getting the same with 3 man...edit: well given I'm getting just shy of 2000 with 5 men it must have been 2300 or something...well I'm 5 manning anyway to waste less EXP so no consequence either way.
Oops, I must have missed that :p I just remembered you lacked a heal. Whole the Curaga-level heals are better at this point, Yuna's is still pretty damn good. She carried me through a lot of content with that heal

EDIT Damn Ultima was easy. I didn't lose a single medal

LucaMac

Ultima Buster is by far the easiest abyss boss. The new BM abyss that just arrived in japan seems to take only about 33% damage from spells using the same team.

EDIT: On that note. Anybody know where to get Japan RW codes apart from the outdated Reddit thread? Looking for some Edward Rws with the 40%+ magic and hastaga for the new abyss. Only real way to deal with such a high resistance and using black magic.

Good news, I finally have a physical 5★ for IX (and that other thing makes a 4★+). Sabin's Soul Break is alright, even though almost every other variation of this produces another useful effect (like haste or regen). And hey, 5★ armor.

But really? Did I need EVERY SINGLE ONE OF VIVI'S SOUL BREAKS?

Four 5★s and no Supers, that must be my penance for Wednesday's Lucky pull. I'll accept. Just be nice to me on the rest.

Cecg6zdWwAENu0G.jpg

CechXtRWEAAJMTs.jpg

Good news, I finally have a physical 5★ for IX (and that other thing makes a 4★+). Sabin's Soul Break is alright, even though almost every other variation of this produces another useful effect (like haste or regen). And hey, 5★ armor.

But really? Did I need EVERY SINGLE ONE OF VIVI'S SOUL BREAKS?

Four 5★s and no Supers, that must be my penance for Wednesday's Lucky pull. I'll accept. Just be nice to me on the rest.

Cecg6zdWwAENu0G.jpg

CechXtRWEAAJMTs.jpg

*twitches at 40 notification*

MrDaravon

Afaik MC2 don't get reissued through events, so go wild. I traded one in for Bartz so far, will save the rest until after SSBC

Eventually they will need to either put out more lodes or start reissuing, in the near future (if not already) new players will already not have enough access to lodes to unlock all the missed MC2's even including all 12 Nightmare dungeons. I'm missing like 8 or so myself :/. Not using any yet though until after SSBfest is over to see if I get any notable relics.

Dragner

Eventually they will need to either put out more lodes or start reissuing, in the near future (if not already) new players will already not have enough access to lodes to unlock all the missed MC2's even including all 12 Nightmare dungeons. I'm missing like 8 or so myself :/. Not using any yet though until after SSBfest is over to see if I get any notable relics.

they give at least 1 lode on events, japanese players are swimming on them.

Anyone knows the drop rate of mako might and dr. mogs?, I want to know how much despair awaits me.

Razmos

Don't all RM have the same drop rates? Why would they be different. It's just luck. Some people get luckier than others. I got Double Hit in my third battle while some people used over 1000 stamina to get it

I don't think I need to do any refreshes for this Orb Dungeon.

I mean, I could use some Earth Orbs after honing Meteor so much, but I'm about drowning in White and Holy so.

Maybe I'll just use the five Mythril the dungeon gave me as a courtesy.

Kain

After 20 mythtril and 400 gems (I'm retarded) I got.... Barbut from IX.

I'm not pulling anything else until the fifth banner...

I also did the helltrain, it was too easy. I think I'll do the rest of the dungeons.

hesho

hmmmmmmmmm

i actually am not sure who to unlock with the mc2 now. I originally planned on doing Gilga, Locke and Hope but now i am not sure if i should change that plan because of the ultima dungeon.

MrDaravon

they give at least 1 lode on events, japanese players are swimming on them.

Anyone knows the drop rate of mako might and dr. mogs?, I want to know how much despair awaits me.

Oh you mean typical event banners give them? I assumed it was a Nightmare Dungeon reward, will nevermind then lol.

neoemonk

I just picked this up for the first time in months and holy smokes has this game changed. Some quality of life improvements and it seems like there's a ton to do as well. I don't even know where to start.

Dragner

Ok I got Dr. Mog and Mako Might, only 15 stamina to get both, not bad, I needed 150 to get Garnet RM2...

Now Im ready to faceroll ultimates.

ccbfan

Well the game just gave me a fortunate problem

Original plan was roll banners until I get 2 SSBs. Mostly Banner 1 and Banner 5.

Well the last 2 days.

I got a Cecil's SSB on my last Lucky draw.

In my first Banner one 11 draw I got Seph's SSB and Quitis SSB. These were 2 of 4 most wanted relics. But my most wanted is still Bartz SSB.

Now I have no idea what to do. Only 2 items in banner 1 (Bartz SSB and Yuna's SB) I want.

Also I already reached my goal and still have 600+ mytrils left. So rolling an extra 11 pull won't hurt too much. But like they say never pull for 1 item and suppositely most of the banners coming up will make these Excalibur seem ehh.

Dragner

Bartz SSB comes back on the amazing Faris BSSB banner, so I would wait. Unless you want it right now and are ready to dump a lot of mythril for it...remember you are pulling for a 1% of getting it.

ccbfan

Bartz SSB comes back on the amazing Faris BSSB banner, so I would wait. Unless you want it right now and are ready to dump a lot of mythril for it...remember you are pulling for a 1% of getting it.

Yeah I'm probably gonna wait.

The Relm/Shadow banner after tactic looks insane too so might as well use my not used for banner 1 myths on that.

elty

Beat the ultimate finally

RW: Flame of war

75 Cloud - Fira strike / soul siphon / Fenrir overdrive (4*+ RS sword)
64 Balthier - Blizzaga strike / blind shell (a gun)
65 Aeris - Curaga / Shellga / Healing Wind (a staff)
75 Terra - Blizzaja / Bioga (5* RS rod)
75 Tyro - magic breakdown / slowga / SG

Turn 1
Cloud - RW
Balthier - Blind shell thunder gigas
Aeris - Shellga
Terra - Blizzaja fire gigas
Tyro - SG

Turn 2
Cloud - Soulsphion
Balthier - blizzaga strike fire gigas
Aeris - heal
Tyro - magic breakdown fire gigas

Turn 3
Cloud - Soulsphion
Balthier - blizzaga strike fire gigas
Aeris - heal
Tyro - slowga ice gigas

After the fire gigas die, refresh shellga and focus on thunder giga. Keep the ice one slow at all times.

Wazzy

Banned
I think I'm gonna grind out this event as much as possible so I can cap break all characters.
You're unstoppable! :D

God damn Wazzy too strong

Are you some sort of wizard?
2aVC9lX.jpg

Wazzy girl, you are the best kind of crazy. Congrats!
Thanks <3

It's great because it's not even a good pull but the fact it took me one try is hilarious.

Then again, a lot of people are pulling revolvers. :p

Wazzy, you are weird. Like real weird. Like a cucco from Zelda weird. Like a salmon eggss panini weird.

Beat Nightmare dungeon btw. I had to retry a few times Ultima, but it went pretty well.
I know. :(

Four SB relics on my first (and now only) pull - Quistis' SSB (Yesss), Vivi's Rod (in dire need of more high-end MAG gear, so happy there also), and two Revolvers. A 100 gem draw also got me... er, another Revolver.

Happy with that! Especially considering I went 4/33 on the lucky banners too.

Dragner

My GF got Zidane SSB and Quistis on her pull on banner 1. Amazing since she is only playing since FFVII AC event, she has now 4 SSBs (Terra,Zidane,Quistis and Cloud BSSB), and she only pulled once here and once in the FFVII banner...and lucky draws of course.

I should tell her to do my pulls.

Who's everyone using the MC2s on? I've collected everyone I can in-game previously, so it's down to: Bartz, Gilgamesh, Locke, Tifa, Aerith, Vivi, Lulu, Vanille, and Hope.

No SSBs for any of them. Just Planet Protector.

Balphon

I took Vivi and Bartz's crystals so I could start leveling them but am just sitting on the other two. I was thinking about taking Gilgamesh's but unless I draw a relic for him I'm just going to bench him for Basch in a month or so.

I'll take Auron's or Lulu's if I luck into one of their relics this week.

Razmos

Who's everyone using the MC2s on? I've collected everyone I can in-game previously, so it's down to: Bartz, Gilgamesh, Locke, Tifa, Aerith, Vivi, Lulu, Vanille, and Hope.

No SSBs for any of them. Just Planet Protector.
I got Bartz for double spellblade, Locke for dagger upgrade and vivi for auto-ruin

Yeah I'm probably gonna wait.

The Relm/Shadow banner after tactic looks insane too so might as well use my not used for banner 1 myths on that.

There's 2 great items on Relm 1, making Banner 1 a better choice for most people. However, I am like you, I only really want 2 items on Banner 1 including a good Medica so I will take my chance at a crazy Medica and crazy SSB (Shadow) on Relm 1.

I only really really want Maduin's Horn from Banner 3 and I want even more Celes' SSB so I decided to allocate those Mythrils to Relm 2. I did not expect to spend so much on Relm's event... This is a dangerous gamble!

About Excalibur for Bartz, it is a great relic for a long time depending of what is your playstyle.

Dragner

So my A-TEAM looks right now like this

Cloud (Fenrir Overdrive) - DPS the hell out of poor citizens
Bartz (Trueblade of Legend) - DPS the hell out of poor citizens
Tifa (Burning Arrow) - Boostga
Red XIII (Stardust Ray) - Support/SSB DPS
Selphie (Dreamstage) - Keep people alive

Clearly my 2 weaklings are tifa and Red, I would love to have Ramza in Red Place and another DPS on Tifa's place.

So my choice is kind of hard, I have mythril to do near 6-7 pulls between Banner 5 and FFT.

Banner 5 gives me a chance on SG that would let me RW Scream, and have collateral on Lightning and Greg SSBs that would both be welcome in my party.

FFT gives me a chance on Platinum sword and RW wall, also have Ramza Armor, Agrias Shield and SSB as collateral.

I dont know what to do, I like Ramza over Tyro (FFT is one of my favourite games), but Banner 5 offers a lot of good colalteral and a good spread of synergy weapons and Tactics synergy is worthless.

Hard choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom