• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Got Fran's SSB in my banner 1 x11 pull, so I can run 4x Mitigation in the form of Fran's Full Breakdown + Agrias's Cleansing Strike (ATK/MAG down), Full Break and whatever individual Breakdown i wanna bring, if I take both Fran and Agrias to a fight.

Who needs a wall.
I don't think Ftan's SSB stacks with Full Break

Am I missing something? How the fudge can you possibly get enough 6* crystals to get any of these 6* abilities?
By completing all the Nightmare dungeons and Ultimates. Sure, it'll take a while, but they're 6* skills after all

It just seems dumb to make 6* abilities the "prize" for beating a nightmare but no way to actually use the skills. Really not sure why they won't let us convert 10 majors into one 6*

Noi

I don't think Ftan's SSB stacks with Full Break

By completing all the Nightmare dungeons and Ultimates. Sure, it'll take a while, but they're 6* skills after all

Meh, you're right, same ID at 609. Guess it'd free up an ability spot for her at least.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Pulled Seifers coat and Balthier's second gun from my lucky draw. I'm not sure how good either really are but Balthier's SB with Shout applied has been doing pretty well nuking things during this event so far.

When's the next event that has a wall relic?

Balphon

Pulled Seifers coat and Balthier's second gun from my lucky draw. I'm not sure how good either really are but Balthier's SB with Shout applied has been doing pretty well nuking things during this event so far.

When's the next event that has a wall relic?

There will probably be one in the next festival event in a few months. Thyrus will be on one of the Yda/Papalymo banners in July sometime.

You'll also have a small chance at getting either wall relic from the WHM nightmare banner next month.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Ah sweet, so pretty soon. I guess I better watch my mythril spending until then. I just need a wall to complete the trinity.

c-murph

Ah sweet, so pretty soon. I guess I better watch my mythril spending until then. I just need a wall to complete the trinity.

I'm old and I don't understand you young'uns slang. What's with all this new age talk about walls and holy trinity of the sort?

Falk

that puzzling face
There used to be three ingredients 'essential' for endgame - a wall (3x DEF/RES - Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire and Y'shtola's Stoneskin II), an AOE heal of Cura strength or higher, and a Hastega.

In many ways they're all still relevant, although it's evolved to the point where the current best practice is to stack physical multi-hit SSBs with Shout (which... technically is a Hastega and thus part of the trinity)

Falk

that puzzling face
ugh.. I'm not a fan of the direction this game is taking. I really miss mage meta lol

Break Damage Limit literally is the first step to the return of phys/magic balance since magic got 9999-capped way, way before physical did.

Wazzy

Banned
What Cloud weapon is that? I thought it was his ultimate weapon but it doesn't look like it to me.

Also ughhhhh I think next weapon for Squall will be Lionheart which I must have when its released!

Grzi

What Cloud weapon is that? I thought it was his ultimate weapon but it doesn't look like it to me.

Also ughhhhh I think next weapon for Squall will be Lionheart which I must have when its released!

That's Ragnarok.

I guess they're still saving Ultima Weapon for something.

Wazzy

Banned
That's Ragnarok.

I guess they're still saving Ultima Weapon for something.
Ohh okay now I see it.

Yeah I was thinking they would do his Ultimate weapon soon but since it will probably be his final weapon they'll want to make it the best one you can get.

Grzi

Ohh okay now I see it.

Yeah I was thinking they would do his Ultimate weapon soon but since it will probably be his final weapon they'll want to make it the best one you can get.

Yeah, I don't think they'll make Lionheart the next weapon for Squall since most other main characters have a bunch of other weapon models they can use. They might do Punishment with a modified design?

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah, I don't think they'll make Lionheart the next weapon for Squall since most other main characters have a bunch of other weapon models they can use. They might do Punishment with a modified design?
Yeah they have two options left for Squall's gunblades. Punishment would make the most sense next but if they want to stall out before releasing Lionheart they might do Flame Saber.

Right now Rinoa and Selphie have their final weapons released so I'm curious how they'll handle upgrades for them.

Crushdown Nightmare Mastered! That was a fun fight. Had to make one slight adjustment to my initial plan, but after that I was able to defeat it pretty handily. The most annoying part is making sure not to hit it with the wrong person right after it changes targets.

Right now Rinoa and Selphie have their final weapons released so I'm curious how they'll handle upgrades for them.
They'll probably just put different sparkly auras around it like they're doing with Lulu's dolls. (Three moogles now... D:)

Razmos

Cannot get even slightly close to beating Rufus, even with my ridiculous FF7 synergy. Mako Cannon is utterly fucking stupid, nearly 3000 damage to the entire party, with wall, protect, power breakdown and full break all up. And he just spams it like crazy.

I'm supposed to DPS him down, but even doing 9999 a hit and using SSB's I can only get him to half health before he spams mako Cannon 4 times in a row and destroys me

Finally got around to beating the Ultimate+. Beat it first try, no S/L, but it definitely felt tougher than Rufus. Equipping Cloud's Goggles on Greggy at the last minute saved the run. The strategy basically amounted to Draw Fire/Retaliate combined with SSB spam. This was my team:

9ZWm32s.png

I also found the [U+] to be a ton of fun and I feel like I'm going to enjoy these a whole lot. The 1 STA cost really encourages experimentation. I tried a bunch of different setups, before using this to take my victory and mastery.

Soul Breaks used: SSB Celes, Whip Kick Fran, InstaMedica Yuffie

With a similar strategy to Ninja Kn1ght, Gil and Celes were dual MVPs. Celes's SSB kept all of the status effects off my team, while Gil's DF+Ret completely negated all of of Hojo's counters and late fight combo attacks. In all of the previously attempts, failure came from the blind status with Phys teams or running out of hones with Mage teams. Using Gil w/ the glasses, I was able to funnel all of my final damage to easily finish off Hojo.

So I tried this "retaliate meta" thing for the first time, it didn't go over so well. I brought Cloud as my retaliator, with Barrett Tifa Zack and Cid all with double slash equipped. Lots of things I think I was doing wrong:

-Cloud didn't even have the highest attack out of that group, it was only like ~310. It turns out that I don't have great synergy for FF7 swords. I do have A platinum fist for Tifa (yay lucky draw!) and a arm gun for Barrett, but that's it.

-I didn't have any healing whatsoever! I could have at least brought Ramza since I have his medica, but I was focusing too much on sticking to FF7 characters.

-I didn't know retaliate lasts for a set amount of time, I thought it was for one turn. Does that mean that I should up the battle speed to 5 if I'm doing retaliate?

-I used stoneskin as my wandering warrior ability, but I have a native wall so I should probably just bring Tyro and try and get Advance going or something.

-I guess it would also help to load up with people who can be in the back row and still double slash?

greyshark

Retameta just seems like such an unfun way to play the game. So much effort built around one mechanic - and makes every fight the same.

So I tried this "retaliate meta" thing for the first time, it didn't go over so well. I brought Cloud as my retaliator, with Barrett Tifa Zack and Cid all with double slash equipped. Lots of things I think I was doing wrong:

-Cloud didn't even have the highest attack out of that group, it was only like ~310. It turns out that I don't have great synergy for FF7 swords. I do have A platinum fist for Tifa (yay lucky draw!) and a arm gun for Barrett, but that's it.

-I didn't have any healing whatsoever! I could have at least brought Ramza since I have his medica, but I was focusing too much on sticking to FF7 characters.

-I didn't know retaliate lasts for a set amount of time, I thought it was for one turn. Does that mean that I should up the battle speed to 5 if I'm doing retaliate?

-I used stoneskin as my wandering warrior ability, but I have a native wall so I should probably just bring Tyro and try and get Advance going or something.

-I guess it would also help to load up with people who can be in the back row and still double slash?

For healers they don't need to have Double Cut, but if you have the Double Hit materia that works fine for them. For purposes of Retameta, the characters doing the double hitting can be in either row, since it's the Retaliate character that's going to be doing damage.

You have to re-up Retaliate at times; no real point in upping the battle speed, either.

Retameta just seems like such an unfun way to play the game. So much effort built around one mechanic - and makes every fight the same.

I mean its solid for beginner players who simply don't have the gear/hones to deal with tougher content

Of course at the point of the game I'm at I basically do the same thing every battle with shout meta so *shrugs* whatever works

Woah is this better than these dailies?
The Mandragoras give out tons of EXP, and a guaranteed Major Orb drop (Black, White or Power), but they're pretty rare to encounter. But since it's only a limited time they're available, I'm farming them instead of doing dailies.

MicH

I'm having absolutely no luck getting RMs to drop lately. I'm bringing a team of 5 characters whose RMs I need to the dailies and haven't had one drop since the Tactics event. It's getting really annoying having to drag WoL with me everywhere

Trying it out and thinking about how to improve its effectiveness is kinda interesting for now. Considering up until this point my only strategy has been "auto attack until the boss then use a bunch of abilities and soul breaks" this is better.

Negator

Golden Week event has started in JP. Gold Fes. It's pretty snazzy this year, lol

I logged in and saw the new icon, clicked on it and was like whoooah! An unexpectedly large amount of new content to go through.

Playing around with the roulette and I forsee a ridiculous amount of salt this thing is going to produce.

Balphon

I'm having absolutely no luck getting RMs to drop lately. I'm bringing a team of 5 characters whose RMs I need to the dailies and haven't had one drop since the Tactics event. It's getting really annoying having to drag WoL with me everywhere

I hear you. I have Agrias and Ramza nearing 80 and don't have either of theirs, and I can't get Devout's to drop to save my life.

Managed to grab Penelo and Balthier's during mandragora farming, but that felt like the best luck I've had on RMs in awhile.

Grzi

My Celes is at 79 and still no RM.
Will probably have to start bringing her to every event from now until it drops. So far I've gotten every single RM before the character reached 80 so this caught me off guard.

My Celes is at 79 and still no RM.
Will probably have to start bringing her to every event from now until it drops. So far I've gotten every single RM before the character reached 80 so this caught me off guard.

RM's are weird like that. I got Celes really quick, but it's still taking me forever to get Mako Might.

Imagine my happiness with that.

Also, Rufus is being a twat. Protectga + Wall RW + Breakdown and he's still murdering me. Hell, I even have Pecil draw firing from the back row, Seph SB, Zack with Air Strike and Rush Assault, and Aeris' SSB.

Yes, even with Reraise he's still demolishing me.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Seems like RNG is trying to make up for my horrible Basch 11 pull.
1 4*, 10 3*

So far I got 4 major orbs from ++dailies today (2 power!), 1 yesterday, and 3 Tuesday (2 power!). What's the drop rate for majors?

Wazzy

Banned
Crushdown Nightmare Mastered! That was a fun fight. Had to make one slight adjustment to my initial plan, but after that I was able to defeat it pretty handily. The most annoying part is making sure not to hit it with the wrong person right after it changes targets.

They'll probably just put different sparkly auras around it like they're doing with Lulu's dolls. (Three moogles now... D:)

LOL they haven't used moomba or cactaur dolls yet either right?

But yeah i guess they'll go the shiny route. I wouldn't mind if they added some in that matched the games world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom