• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pull update! I'm in Japan right now so I lose track of when events are starting, exactly. For the Combat dungeon, i pulled Galuf's Unyielding Fist weapon. An interesting SB, though quite niche.

And then, Balthier/Fran banner #3! I've dumped 250 mythril into the previous 2 and only had a Golden Armor (XII) and Musk Staff to show for it. So it sucked but did not surprise me when I got nothing from my first 11-pull. I winced, and bit the bullet on the second one. Lo and
cqTBhrx.jpg
A Godly pull for this banner! I couldn't believe my luck that I finally got two amazing soul breaks for my favorite FF duo!

Edit: sorry about all the issues, doing this from the phone and it's a pain in the butt.

Grzi

Amazing pull, congrats. I already gave up on ever seeing something like that.

Anyway, did 3 runs on the Shiva dungeon, not a single wave of Mandragoras :(

Minigame "Golden Playground" - here you can use chips that you gain from the Power-Up Dungeon and Colosseum to spin a roulette. The roulette can grant fragments and limited-time equipment so try your best!
Collectaton grinding AND RNG for the prizes? FFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUU!

So far combining equipment has been limited to twice. However, by using the new "Dark Matter" material, a third Combine can be done. This "SUPER COMBINE" can be done with any ++ equipment and an amount of Dark Matter dependent on the original rarity of the equipment. Dark Matter can be obtained from the Fat Chocobo Store so be sure to earn those in the daily dungeons.
This sounds like something that will be mostly used by whales, since I doubt it would be worth it to spend DM on 4*++ gear.

The MEMORY CRYSTAL 3s for 16 characters will appear in the Hall of Rites, so be sure to earn the MC3 Lodestones from Gold Fes and power up your characters to Level 99!

So far there have been 6* accessories and abilities, but finally 6* equipment is appearing. This new equipment has "OVERFLOW SUPER SOUL BREAKS" which allows breaking the 9999 damage barrier.
So it sounds like only OSBs will be able to Limit Break. Horray for super-gated power creep! \o/

I imagine they will act like BSBs and grant a Limit Break state rather than just be super OP SBs that do massive damage per activation and that's it.

Grzi

I doubt it'll be that bad. Probably a 1 or 2 hit SB that deals 20k per hit.

I just want to know how many people on Reddit start hoarding mythril for five months to pull on those banners. Maybe even eight months for that OSB Fest lol.

Here are the 16 MC3s and their RM4s. The usual suspects.

I just want to know how many people on Reddit start hoarding mythril for five months to pull on those banners. Maybe even eight months for that OSB Fest lol.

Meanwhile I'm still farming Mythril from the revamped Dailies and spending it 5 at a time on Basch's banner...

Well that's cool they are releasing 16 at once. Hopefully don't have to wait too long to get your favourite characters this time.
I doubt it'll be that bad. Probably a 1 or 2 hit SB that deals 20k per hit.

No chance. Too much good stuff to pull on between now and then.

Falk

that puzzling face
Need to know more about how bdl works before reacting to it being a major have/have not power creep gate.

The way BSSBs have been scaled especially with U+ stats have been such that they rarely ever touch the damage cap unless vulnerabilities come into play.

Also keep in mind that SB->SSB->BSSB has historically been a 2.5-3.5x power jump, so expect that much going to OSSB.

I don't think it'll be the end of the world if you don't have an OSSB, just like it's not the end of the world right now if you don't have a BSSB.

Really need to know more about the Break Damage Limit mechanic though. Is it only when that item is equipped? Is it maybe 6*s in general?

I still think it's a big mistake to tie it to gacha rather than natural progression though. BDL is such a core part of everything to be left up to chance.

I don't think this will be the case, but if BDL ends up literally being just for the OSB attack then that would be insanely dumb. It wouldn't be all that different from the current multi-hit SSB/BSB situation where we aren't likely to hit the limit in high end content due to the smaller multipliers per hit. The only difference would be that they could just do it with one hit that has a big, pretty number.

Well that's cool they are releasing 16 at once. Hopefully don't have to wait too long to get your favourite characters this time.
The bigger question becomes, how many MC3 Lodes will be given in the event and how often will we be able to get them. That's the biggest bottleneck for MC2s in Global atm.

I don't think this will be the case, but if BDL ends up literally being just for the OSB attack then that would be insanely dumb. It wouldn't be all that different from the current multi-hit SSB/BSB situation where we aren't likely to hit the limit in high end content due to the smaller multipliers per hit. The only difference would be that they could just do it with one hit that has a big, pretty number.

The bigger question becomes, how many MC3 Lodes will be given in the event and how often will we be able to get them. That's the biggest bottleneck for MC2s in Global atm.

The MC2 bottle neck seems to only impact newer players since if you're a day 1 do everything you should only be missing 2 mc2s which at worst is two nightmares away.

Falk

that puzzling face
I like the lode system being the baseline for MC3 though. It allows you to go for the people that are core to your party, e.g. the ones you have great soul breaks for.

I'd think it'd be pretty limited, because if you could get almost everyone in a couple of months, you might as well not even have lodes to begin with and hand you all of them on a platter.

The MC2 bottle neck seems to only impact newer players since if you're a day 1 do everything you should only be missing 2 mc2s which at worst is two nightmares away.

Indeed - the only two I didn't grab yet were Tifa and Hope. I'd rather have a lot more choice on who to break cap with though - some of my faves are still months away which makes me sad.

Grzi

Finally did the Lucky Draw, got Shiranui. I'm basically drowning in FFX physical synergy so I don't really care about it. I guess it's nice to have a three hit SB when everyone else is currently sporting Excaliburs and Genji Blades and Ichigekis and Valiant Knives and whatnot.

That's it, I'm spending money on Squall's BSB. I don't have a single physical FFVIII weapon btw, was able to master Adel somehow, but my plan for this event consists of equiping Rinoa's Rising Sun on Tidus (had no idea he could equip it until recently!) and spamming Slice & Dice :(

Grzi

I know you eventually got the Fusion Sword but there's no guarantee so.... be wary of the money pit!

Oh, don't worry, I won't lose control, I'm aware of how much I can spend without feeling guilty. I'm having enough fun with the game to be able to justify spending some money on it.

Fusion Sword was a different thing though :))))
Not even sure what it was anymore, I guess I was trying to prove a point lmao. And I did it? I guess?

SOLDIER

What's the best way to beef up characters for Elite dungeons? Since I started, I've stuck with my all-FFVII party and have them auto-battle their way through almost every normal dungeon. At this point they're in the 25 level range without breaking a sweat, but they aren't strong enough to handle the elite dungeons that are difficulty 60 or higher.

Should I instead focus more on their equipment? On the subject, to combine equipment in order to raise the level cap, do they have to be the exact same weapon/armor, or just the type?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's the best way to beef up characters for Elite dungeons? Since I started, I've stuck with my all-FFVII party and have them auto-battle their way through almost every normal dungeon. At this point they're in the 25 level range without breaking a sweat, but they aren't strong enough to handle the elite dungeons that are difficulty 60 or higher.

Should I instead focus more on their equipment? On the subject, to combine equipment in order to raise the level cap, do they have to be the exact same weapon/armor, or just the type?

Early on, you want to try to get a retaliate-advance team going. Cloud with retaliate, everyone else with double cut/tempo rush, and advance as your roaming warrior on Cloud. That strategy gets you through 99% of the early elite content while you "catch up" and hone all your magics and other skills.

SOLDIER

Early on, you want to try to get a retaliate-advance team going. Cloud with retaliate, everyone else with double cut/tempo rush, and advance as your roaming warrior on Cloud. That strategy gets you through 99% of the early elite content while you "catch up" and hone all your magics and other skills.

Cool, I'll try that.

Is there also any reason to level up the generic class characters like Summoner, White Mage, etc? Or is it better to give the named characters those roles (Rydia for summoning, Aerith for healing, etc)?

Cool, I'll try that.

Is there also any reason to level up the generic class characters like Summoner, White Mage, etc? Or is it better to give the named characters those roles (Rydia for summoning, Aerith for healing, etc)?

Some of the core classes have decent Record Materia that can help you in some circumstances.

No, he just kills you if they aren't dead when he moves to phase 3.

Yeah I realized that, I just ended up killing him in phase 2 by just yolo all out SB/SSB when his health was low. He got off a nightmare gravija which cost me two damage medals but I got mastery so it's whatever

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, you want White and Black mage at least. Summoner, and... whoever has the double cut RM (was it an FF3 guy? I can't even remember at this point). You also want to get Cloud/Tyro to 65 for their RM2 that give you an instant soul break gauge. And I guess if you keep playing, you also want the ones that give you faster soul break gauge regen for shout teams.

Yeah, you want White and Black mage at least. Summoner, and... whoever has the double cut RM (was it an FF3 guy? I can't even remember at this point). You also want to get Cloud/Tyro to 65 for their RM2 that give you an instant soul break gauge. And I guess if you keep playing, you also want the ones that give you faster soul break gauge regen for shout teams.

Josef from FF2 has double cut

SOLDIER

Also, what did you mean by retaliate? What kind of abilities do those refer to?

Also wondering how you obtain crystals to redeem heroes in the Hall of Rites?

Negator

Retaliate is a ** Samurai ability that you can craft that counters every physical hit with no damage taken. The idea us to buff him up and have everyone attack the Retaliator.

You can earn the Hall of Rites currency theough special events like the Nightmare dungeons and the weekly events. Not all events give them out however.

It is interesting and nice we get apology mythril for these visible mistakes but I can help but wonder why now considering so many other translation errors are not given anything*.

*-I'll throw poor wording into the pile. There are many people who thought that any soul break wouldn't work against Nightmare Demon Wall rather than just being those which are jump based. But to bring up a past example, Poison and poison; one is the status, the other the element (I don't know which is which).

Wait I thought once you destroyed the arms in the nightmare he moved to phase 3?

Edit: I guess not, beat it on the 3rd try with mastery
It is true there are no arms in phase 3 but the arms are essentially whether you can move to phase 3 because if either of them are alive when phase 2 ends then that phase will end with Nightmare Crushdown (AoE *9.99, ignores def).

Also, what did you mean by retaliate? What kind of abilities do those refer to?

Also wondering how you obtain crystals to redeem heroes in the Hall of Rites?
Retaliate is a 2* Samurai ability. It makes the user dodge and counter attack all physical hits for 15 seconds (typically about 3 turns) and if your own party members hit the retaliator the retaliator will attack the enemy. It is a great way of making do when you have little equipment (as you essentially only need one good weapon).

A combo a few characters can do (including the newly released Basch) is combining this with the 3* Knight ability Draw Fire (all single target physical attacks will be drawn to the draw fire user while the draw fire aura is active).

Fore the hero souls each difficulty 100 nightmare has 1, some event dungeons give them out (the FFVIII one next week will be one of these) and they have been log in bonuses during some events. The hall of rites sadly gets rarely updated, though (you would think it would be after each event dungeon with new characters but it is done in batches instead).

Hojo U+ was fun. Tried stacking mitigation to deal with counterattack but once bio gas came out it was still too much for a single white mage to deal with without having a medica. Swapped out one of my damage dealers for Gilgamesh with retaliate + draw fire which made it a lot easier to keep everyone healed and anytime Hojo used Combo was basically free 20k damage to him. Forgot to use black magic but got full medals for everything else for the mastery.

SOLDIER

Retaliate is a ** Samurai ability that you can craft that counters every physical hit with no damage taken. The idea us to buff him up and have everyone attack the Retaliator.

You can earn the Hall of Rites currency theough special events like the Nightmare dungeons and the weekly events. Not all events give them out however.

How do you acquire it? It doesn't show up in my list of craft-able abilities.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How do you acquire it? It doesn't show up in my list of craft-able abilities.
I think it's under the other tab? It should be there somewhere anyway.

---

So for Nightmare Demon Wall, there's no reason to bring your own wall right? Gravija ignores it, phase 2 is all about pushing the wall back, and you don't want to be in phase 3?

I think it's under the other tab? It should be there somewhere anyway.

---

So for Nightmare Demon Wall, there's no reason to bring your own wall right? Gravija ignores it, phase 2 is all about pushing the wall back, and you don't want to be in phase 3?

If you get hit by any version of gravija you did something wrong, wall is still useful for the nightmare

An Ultimate clear that I imagine is becoming pretty mundane. It was my first shout meta one due to lack of RW and previous bosses being magic heavy enough to justify Garnet. Hope you enjoy anyway. Full medals (though with the new requirements that can mean a fast battle as Chadarnook taught me where on my the fully walled up non-champion run I lost action and damage medals), Rufus only got to use one Mako Cannon (thank god as I didn't leave Yuna on standby). Thank you RNG* (for the relics that made it possible, a smooth run and the RW) and any other keepers who I cribbed ideas off:
It didn't take me an hour; I did the SS before I had enough stamina.
Time to throw some Dog tags (and a lot of other +mag accessories) into the bin :) Not many realms where I have the physical RS to pull this kind of thing off.

*-No really, Dark Nation acted strangely, it hasted Rufus, missed with slow (didn't matter if it hit; shout wasn't up), then decided to just attack me, it even did Rage; it's rarest attack. Of course not seen are the failed attempts where it would dispel someone and I would sit baffled as they then take 3000 damage. Of course trying to apply raw odds gets you into the headache that is lottery boxes

Edit: Got expert on Hojo. I don't think I have any major blind resist accessories so Blinding Gas gives me too many problems so I think I'll settle for that.

Balphon

Found it. Didn't see the "Group 2" tab underneath.

It's lame that Zack can't equip it though. It's even lamer that Yuffie can't equip Shuriken (she's a ninja!).

Shuriken is a Ninja ability, she can equip it.

"Group 2" includes Samurai, Ninja, Bard, Dancer, and Machinist abilities, in that order. It's a bit of a mess.

"Group 1" is Dragoon, Monk, Thief, and Knight.

I'm slooowly catching up on stuff after having spent ALL of last week getting greens and now there's an Orb Weekend?

Thankfully the XII Plus battles can be done next week and I should have enough stamina to do the VII Ultimate and the penultimate Nightmare tonight.

Noi

Got Fran's SSB in my banner 1 x11 pull, so I can run 4x Mitigation in the form of Fran's Full Breakdown + Agrias's Cleansing Strike (ATK/MAG down), Full Break and whatever individual Breakdown i wanna bring, if I take both Fran and Agrias to a fight.

Who needs a wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom