• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

My first 11 pull got 10 3* and 1 4* lol. Second 11 pull got me Penelo's staff and Fran's SSB. The staff is ok, but I like the bow. Fran will replace Zack for me. I like that she has support 5, I can run lifesiphon on Ramza and split break duties, maybe even fit in a throw stone now.

MrDaravon

100 gems + a 3-pull. Whole lotta nada.

Same here :/ Would love to get the bow, gun or shield, this is the only banner that really highly appeals to me in the near future, might possibly do a gem pull before it goes away but I'm tapped out on mythril for the moment. Still need to do most of the FF7 event (which I'm doing now) since I was farming dailies during the double green event so I'll get some more at least.

Whats the better 12 banner to pull on? My 100 gems was an off banner FFVI hood with an aoe shared cure

Edit: Did a 15 pull as well, got Basch's shield... yay? I kind of need FFXII weapons

Negator

Whats the better 12 banner to pull on? My 100 gems was an off banner FFVI hood with an aoe shared cure

First banner is generally considered better. Banner 2 is decent, but imo the only stellar items on it are the SSBs, while the Shield is still a prize and the Staff is decent on banner 1.

Balphon

Edit: Did a 15 pull as well, got Basch's shield... yay? I kind of need FFXII weapons

The first one is better overall. The shield is probably the most broadly useful item on it. The bow and staff are good; the gun and Ashe's sword are okay.

Does Basch's HotE clone stack with shout?

It's the same effect, so yes. Though you probably aren't going to need to use both the majority of the time.

Ultimate Hojo and Nightmare Demon Wall down easily. Gonna tackle two more elites to get to 150 stam before I take on the Classic portion of the FFXII event. Might spend a Mythril and take on the Elite side too -- I've got time, and it'll be good to clear it out.

100 gem pull = trash. Which I surprisingly don't care about, since I tempted fate and won on the previous few banners.

FFMafia

How do I post an image? I'd like to show my near perfect straight 3* with one 4* star to break the royal flush...

The first one is better overall. The shield is probably the most broadly useful item on it. The bow and staff are good; the gun and Ashe's sword are okay.

It's the same effect, so yes. Though you probably aren't going to need to use both the majority of the time.

Really it's more how do I fit Basch into my team since I've got a fairly stacked shout team ie my shout team (Ramza SSB, Auron SSB, Gilgamesh SSB, Y'Sholta Wall, Agrias SSB) has been able to full medal everything I've taken them to.

hesho

holy cow... rufus is destroying me :( geez... mako cannon does some serious dmg.

i am actually not sure if i can actually beat him. I don't have many SSbs. Hmmmmm...

Did 11 pull and got a survival vest. Have just under 50 mythril so I'll do another pull in a couple of days. Hopefully I can get some decent synergy weapons.

Got Lightning's Corps Field Uniform with my Lucky Draw. While she's a favorite and I always wanted one of her SB, not sure what to think of that one... Still better than a lot of you going 0/11. For GAF it looks like the unluckiest Lucky Draw so far,

Falk

that puzzling face

How do I post an image? I'd like to show my near perfect straight 3* with one 4* star to break the royal flush...

You should be able to put the image url between those tags and it'll show. If you meant getting it off your phone onto e.g. imgur, the imgur app actually uploads directly from phone now.

Dragner

130 mythril and missed the shield :( got Fran SSB, Ashes's sword, Penelo Staff x2 and an off banner FF VI hat. Will try again for it on BSSB fest not spending more here.

MicH

Did an 11-pull and a 3-pull. On the 3-pull I got Fran's SSB which is quite nice. 11-pull got me Emerald Shield, Penelo's staff (already had one) and Balthier's SSB ! Yes! Super happy I can put Balthier in my party. Probably means Lightning is out (for now) even though I have her SSB

Kain

My legend in this fucking game grows: I did a 15 mythril pull and got two 5*, I was skeptical because all my pulls since the beginning of the game have been fucking shit without exception, and do you know what I got? Yes, I'm sure you can guess... two Survival vests. Not one, no, two.Their SB is Shell. I'm so happy. Thanks lord almighty in the heavens.

Of course I have already like three or four Danjuros from previous XII events, I'm saving some mytyril for the second banner because it's nice too and I'm not pulling again in this one (to get more survival vests? no way), so I'm expecting to get more shiny daggers.

I swear this fucking game hates me.

Got the Demonsbane and a Survival Vest on a 3 pull. I really want to do an 11 pull, but I'm gonna wait. Basch's shield comes back a bunch of times so I'll bide my time.

Uhh in the new event , the second round of the second battle of Light Cruiser Shiva had a group of boss like enemies that dropped a Major Power Orb and a crap ton of exp for 18 stamina. Is this rare or is this a kick ass secret farming spot?

Dragner

You need to bring a machinist for this Ultimate, AOE battle with a slow weak boss. Its Laguna time again!!!

Uhh in the new event , the second round of the second battle of Light Cruiser Shiva had a group of boss like enemies that dropped a Major Power Orb and a crap ton of exp for 18 stamina. Is this rare or is this a kick ass secret farming spot?

It seems farmeable but the group is not fixed and its rare but they 100% drop a major orb so probaly better than a daily if you dont need the greens.

Kain

I read about this Light Cruiser Shiva too, is it the normal or the Elite one?

You need to bring a machinist for this Ultimate, AOE battle with a slow weak boss. Its Laguna time again!!!

Balthier in my case, but this Ultimate seems misleadingly accessible. If you have a well-honed Banishing strike and a good char with Tauntaliate (Balthier, ehem) it's a matter of pounding Cid with everything and forget about the drones. We'll see, I'll probably won't be able to do it either xD

Kouriozan

Got it as well, was really surprised, but for me it was the 3rd round.

FFMafia

You should be able to put the image url between those tags and it'll show. If you meant getting it off your phone onto e.g. imgur, the imgur app actually uploads directly from phone now.

Ah thank you. That explains why I kept see imgur everywhere haha.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Well, I guess I'll join the crappy pull club. Got 1 4*, the rest 3* for my Basch pull. The thing I'm lacking in this game at the moment is some good heavy hitting physical SBs. Probably won't pull again until the next fest.

I did have great luck on the Rufus fight yesterday, though (after a bit of bad luck). First attempt, once I got him down to about half life got hit with 3 Mako Cannons in a row (the last one hitting before I could refresh my defenses) and that was that. Second try and not a single Mako Cannon. Without that attack it was insanely easy.

FF7 Bonus Battles cleared this morning. Rufus took a couple of S/Ls because I couldn't heal in time. Hojo I ended up looking it up but went down pretty quick

Is Basch 1 or Basch 2 the good one

Brandson

Had some trouble learning the timing for Nightmare Demon Wall, and took a couple of sub-optimal characters the first few attempts. Ended up mastering with Locke, Pecil, Squall, Cloud, Ramza, with SS2 RW. Felt weird to attempt without any healing, but it worked much better that way.

ccbfan

Rufus and Hojo went down easily with Shout Meta with Seph, Cecil, Shadow, Tyro, Vanille.

Rufus took me two tries. First try I didn't know he goes Mako spam so early and just missed 2nd wall since Tyro got dispelled. 2nd try I went SSB spam early and re-applied Shout right after Dark Nation died. Easy win even had 2 SSB bars left unused.

Hojo was actually harder for me since I bought in the same team except add black magic to Seph. This was mainly a scouting team since 1 stamina is nothing. Really all about sleep not hitting at bad times. Counters are rough too. Would have been super easy if I have draw fire/retaliate.

When's the next power creep check? Cid Mission? Game seem so easy and boring right right now.

Kouriozan

Shout meta with nat wall trivializes harder fights, brought just a medica rw for rufus only had to use it once
Yep, I'm thinking of putting Bartz with his SSB since I just got it instead of Lenna (Princess's Favor) and just RW a Medica.

My team would be :

Tyro, Wall, Breakdown/Protectga or target score (blind/sleep/etc)
Agrias, SSB/SB, Lifesiphon/Shellga
Cloud, BSB, Lifesiphon/random
Bartz, SSB, Lifesiphon/random or exploit weakness score (fire/ice/etc)
Ramza, Shout, Lifesiphon/Full Break

Noi

Man, I felt like a bully. One Crushing Blow SSB with Shout, Dragoon's Determination and Kaiser Shield melted all three of Mateus's adds and almost half his HP in a single cast. How quickly that all turned around.

I really dislike how the official guide page removed the pages for individual enemies. It was great for working out if stages would have single enemy mobs and back in the dark ages knowing if bringing quake was a good idea.

Oh yeah, I should detail what happened to me.

Phase 5: No SG. Did get Wizard Rod, Cardinal 7*, Peacemaker 6*, Thor Hammer 7*, 2xEbon Armour (roll on darkness) and Gaia Gear VI (surprisingly good)
Tactics: Golden Spear VI (it's like Zantetsuken...except less people can use it)
Lucky Draw: Demon Axe (I already have, not sure if to hoard for 6 months in case I bring two axe users to the next FFII content or combine now...not that an 123 attack axe is doing much but staying dusty)
FFXII: Platinum Shield

I still have to do Ultimate Rufus. I'm thinking something like:
Zack, Lightning, Bacsh, Yuna, Red XIII/Tyro (multi-break vs full break and better stats really, leaning more towards Red really)
Roles should be obvious (I have SB for the first four). Not too sure of the details (abilities and RMs) and I currently lack any of the crucial shout RW, I know wall-less is painful but on the official guide page people have done it with no unique SB (basically; shout, pray to RNG both that Dark Nation misses their debuffs, you can interrupt Rufus enough and there are not too many Mako cannons, drain strike for heals, less pressure and your healer probably gets KOd) so hopefully my SBs will help.

Balphon

Planning ahead for WHM nightmare. Looks like having 7 AoE-heal users will finally come in handy.

Even going to try to bring ninja magic Tyro.

Just collected enough Mythril for a second 11 pull and got another survival vest... I would have taken anything else on the banner than that. Now I'm salty and broke.

ZangBa

Scrounged up 50 more mythril and pulled. 4 5* relics pop up.

I now have a 7* Judicer's staff and a couple generics. :|

Maybe I can get 15 more mythril before it's over...

Man, Rufus is utterly destroying me.

I thought I'd be ok with this fight, but I just can't mitigate damage enough while also outputting damage. If I go with a Wall I could prob survive, but hit too weakly for a victory. I start off ok with this team, as SSB Runic works fantastic for not getting hit by the debuffs while Sentinel works good for keeping ST damage to a minimum. However, Flamethrowers still hit hard and I just can't wrecked when he starts spamming Mako Cannon.

RW Shout
Pecil: Protectga, Lifesiphon [Ace Striker] [SSB, Sentinel]
Celes: Flare Strike, Drain Strike [Mako Might] [SSB]
Agrias: Armor Break, Lifesiphon [Battleforged] [SSB]
Yuffie: Thief's Revenge, Tempo Flurry [Knight's Charge] [Clear Tranquil]
Garnet: Shellga, Curaja [Dr. Mog] [SSB]

Other damage dealers I can sub in are:
Locke w/ his SSB.
Tidus w/ his SSB.
Zack w/ his Air Strike and Rush Assult.
Sephiroth w/ Hell's Gate.

I could also replace a DPSer w/ Fran for Support + Whip Kick.

Another option is to try a boostga and bringing a RW Wall. Those options are: Galuf w/ Unyielding Fist and Thor Hammer's or D.Cecil w/ Soul Eater.

Man, Rufus is utterly destroying me.

I thought I'd be ok with this fight, but I just can't mitigate damage enough while also outputting damage. If I go with a Wall I could prob survive, but hit too weakly for a victory. I start off ok with this team, as SSB Runic works fantastic for not getting hit by the debuffs while Sentinel works good for keeping ST damage to a minimum. However, Flamethrowers still hit hard and I just can't wrecked when he starts spamming Mako Cannon.

RW Shout
Pecil: Protectga, Lifesiphon [Ace Striker] [SSB, Sentinel]
Celes: Flare Strike, Drain Strike [Mako Might] [SSB]
Agrias: Armor Break, Lifesiphon [Battleforged] [SSB]
Yuffie: Thief's Revenge, Tempo Flurry [Knight's Charge] [Clear Tranquil]
Garnet: Shellga, Curaja [Dr. Mog] [SSB]

Other damage dealers I can sub in are:
Locke w/ his SSB.
Tidus w/ his SSB.
Zack w/ his Air Strike and Rush Assult.
Sephiroth w/ Hell's Gate.

I could also replace a DPSer w/ Fran for Support + Whip Kick.

Another option is to try a boostga and bringing a RW Wall. Those options are: Galuf w/ Unyielding Fist and Thor Hammer's or D.Cecil w/ Soul Eater.

Shell is definately not needed for this fight. You have a nice selection of abilites, but you REALLY need wall to survive the mako cannon spam. I would definately keep Celes in, to keep you from loosing your buffs. Your team is nearly like mine, use Garnet for the hastega, and i would use Locke instead of Cecil to help kill the dog faster. If you had some sort of attack boost, it would be helpful, but you mainly just need to survive.

Shell is definately not needed for this fight. You have a nice selection of abilites, but you REALLY need wall to survive the mako cannon spam. I would definately keep Celes in, to keep you from loosing your buffs. Your team is nearly like mine, use Garnet for the hastega, and i would use Locke instead of Cecil to help kill the dog faster. If you had some sort of attack boost, it would be helpful, but you mainly just need to survive.

He doesn't need Wall, he needs Power Breakdown and Full Break to compensate for his lack of native Wall. Stacked with Agrias SSB, there should be little issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom