• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valus

Got super unlucky on Ultimate+, got him down to the point that you couldn't see his HP bar and he went on a rampage. Tried to have Squall and Laguna just attack it and he hit me with 6 AoEs before Squall finally swung and ended the fight.

ZangBa

My only VIII synergy is a single Revolver and it went all right. I hate wind as a requirement, I had to bring Wind Slash -_-.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Pretty easy fights for me too but I have good VIII synergy. The Seifer trio gave me more trouble than Ultima. I have to imagine Wazzy can auto battle the Ultimate fights with all her VIII gear. :D

The design of Ultima and Omega in VIII were always my favorite. I think they just look badass.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh man, bonus fights with no mitigation, no healing, just the heaviest hitters with the highest RS and a bunch of 5* abilities is helluva fun.

Update: Seifer trio handed me my ass until I went back with SG/protect/shell/Multi Break

ahaha ahahahahah ahahahahahahahhaaaa

Kain

Man, doing the Elite dungeons with Hail of stones and Air strike is a blast, poor bosses can't attack lol

PS: Aaaaaaaaaaaaand my legend grows even more, I whaled a little bit and got only the generic relics: Blitz sword, Inferno something and some gun for useless Vincent. Never again xD

Ultimate-Bad RNG made it so I had to S/L a few times, but easy otherwise.

Ultimate+ gave me quite a bit of trouble. 1 Stam cost for it made it easy to try out a few comps and eventually beat it with the one below. Used a Mighty Guard RW.

l0D0BxMl.png

kCTJPCnl.jpg

This is also $100 D:

(not bad for a year's entertainment)

Yea, considering how much I played, this is the cheapest price I paid for a playtime/price ratio in a long time. Plus I have a lot of fun. I also have a little app coverering my 100 gems. Still, I should have more for that money. I would still be a few % under normal statistics if I had double what I got.

Grzi

Beat the Ultimate using this team

It was a fun fight actually. No physical synergy, just good hones and mitigation. I didn't even need to use Fenrir Overdrive.

I also went for Seifer second and left Raijin last. Lost one medal for damage and one for actions.

Ultimate+ later, need to do some work now.

Kain

Mastered the Ultimate. RNG gave me some trouble (Fujin casting Aero when defenses were gone) but in the end the AOE strategy worked out well. Seifer only had time to use one special once his health was low.

Also Seifer+Draw Fire worked wonders. I don't think you need Protectga if you use that, they are blindable anyway and the most damage comes from magic.

I'll try the U+ this afternoon.

Dragner

I have to handicap myself this U battles are too easy. Luckily U+ Cagnazzo is next weak and my 0 IV synergy will make me suffer.

Credo

If I already have Garnet's Divine Guardian SB that gives regen and haste to all, do I really *need* Selphie's Dreamstage SB? Kind of conflicted about whether I want to spend the mythril.

If I already have Garnet's Divine Guardian SB that gives regen and haste to all, do I really *need* Selphie's Dreamstage SB? Kind of conflicted about whether I want to spend the mythril.

One is an aoe curaga with magic blink, one is regen + haste + resistance up. They don't have any over lap

Felt satisfying destroying the Ultimate considering what a pain in the ass the +++ version of that fight was several months ago.

I had mighty guard so bought protectga and RW'd SG for little danger, no need of any other mitigation (though I did use Zack's airstirke a couple of times). I did S/L at the start because I got Fujin and Raijin mixed up and used Wind on the wrong one (eh it's better than the +++ where I bought power breakdown). I kind of made a bad judgment call in what RM I gave Lightning. I thought 4* spellblades could cap with a 5* revolver and no attack buffs so went Ace Striker (which I really didn't need as Crushing blow didn't do much to Seifer) but that wasn't the case so weakness exploits or double cast would have been better. Order was Raijin (absorbs lightning), Fujin (residual damage from Valefor castings and crushing blow made it go by quickly), Seifer.

Credo

One is an aoe curaga with magic blink, one is regen + haste + resistance up. They don't have any over lap

I guess I should throw 50 mythril at it then. I got burned pretty badly trying to get Portrait of Lakshmi, so I've been more than a bit hesitant to spend anything since then.

Is it worth it to do an 11 pull on that beginner bonus thing?

Well, as far as my sort-of-nooby understanding goes, the FF3 weapon you can choose lets Luneth use Advance which is supposed to be excellent with Retaliate. But that's an older meta, probably replaced by Shout these days... I think. Couldn't hurt probably.

Is it worth it to do an 11 pull on that beginner bonus thing?

Worth it for Luneth's sword, Tyro's pretend SSB, Lenna's mind stick if you don't have one, Balthiar's gun if you don't have one, or one of the offensive magic sticks if you don't have one

Also Seifer gang was harder then Ultimate Weapon

Falk

that puzzling face
Beginner banner would have been awesome with the JP lineup including Y'shtola's medica. Basically it'd guarantee every new player at least had a medica. Power creep has pretty much made most of it obsolete.

As it is, it's cool for getting a stat stick for a realm you're lacking synergy in after having pulled on a few other banners (and hopefully dumped into one Lucky Draw/SSBFest/whatever) - this tends to be I-III for a lot of people, and Tyrfing is a popular choice both for that reason, and because it turns Luneth into a Barrage-spamming lunatic, ironically if you had enough orbs to hone it to r2 or r3, which goes back to having played quite a while.

We've got a FF3 event in 10 days too, so that Tyrfing will definitely see some use there and i think the next DU after this weeks also has FF3 content.

Dragner

I have 0 III or IV synergy so Im gonna suffer this 2 weaks. IV banners are terrible for shout meta and III banners are ok but are for III that will have an event next month in Japan after 6 months!!!...Adult Rydia banners is where I will put my mythril for IV.

Grzi

I have 0 III or IV synergy so Im gonna suffer this 2 weaks. IV banners are terrible for shout meta and III banners are ok but are for III that will have an event next month in Japan after 6 months!!!...Adult Rydia banners is where I will put my mythril for IV.

I had 0 synergy for VIII (and only Danjuro for XII) and had no problems with the bonus battles for both events.

And I don't even use Shout (I use a 30% boostga instead).

I don't think you'll have a problem with these events, don't worry.

Dragner

I had 0 synergy for VIII (and only Danjuro for XII) and had no problems with the bonus battles for both events.

And I don't even use Shout (I use a 30% boostga instead).

I don't think you'll have a problem with these events, don't worry.

Cagnazzo and bahamut have bad reputation. Thats my fear.

I have no idea what to do to beat the Ultimate Trio. I have tried 4 times now, and failed all of them.

Experimenting on 1 STA U+ are fun. Losing 60 STA on a bad U run? Not so much, V_V. If I use a Shout FS, I don't have enough Mitigation. If I use a Wall, my DPS goes down too much so I end up running out of abilities. Plus, the target scores limit my choices.

I came closest with this team:

(I took this screenshot before swapping the R3 Yukikaze for R4 Lifesiphon).
Wall + Protectga + Shield SB = Super Phys Mitigation. I took out Fu and Rai, but couldn't finish off Seifer before running out of hones.

Before that, I failed to even down Fu with this Shout FS team:
Cecil - Draw Fire + Lifesiphon [SSB]
Agrias - Aerora Strike + Lifesiphon [SSB]
Aerith - Blizzaga + Thundaga [Healing Wind]
Tyro - Breakdance + Power Breakdown [Celebration Grimoire]
Garnet - Protectga + Curaja [SSB]

This team didn't have good enough Magic Mitigation, so she just wrecked our faces anytime she didn't do Zan.

My Walled Mages was a horrendous failure. I had Celes w/ her SSB (which turned out to be damn near pointless for Mitigation), Kefka for his Magic Infusion + Power Breakdown Dance (his DPS was weak and MND is low), Strago for Soul Sabre (also weak), Aerith w/ R4 Non-Elem Summons, Garnet on WM duty.

Possible options:
- I could tweak the Shout team w/ Shellga vs DF. But I think I'd still get slaughtered.
- I could tweak the Wall team w/ more DPS by putting using Aerith as WM and replacing Garnet w/ Agrias or Zack [Air Strike] using Spellblades for the target scores. However, I only have 1 RS sword and 1 RS Dagger. I'd also lose non-WM Medica and Garnet's +RES this way.
- I could tweak either of the above w/ Yuffie [Medica] using Fujin's Chakram for RS + Cyclone SB to replace Aerith. I'd give her Thief's Revenge and Swift Bolt and swap Aerora Strike w/ Bilzzara Strike on Tyro.
- I could give Mages a run with a proper team. Maybe Support Tyro + WM Aerith + Rinoa [Angel Wing Bolt/Quake], Vivi [Double Venom] + Krile [Wind Drake's Roar] nuking vulns / non-elem summons. IDK if I'd have the hones for it, though. I only have 1 R4 of Bioga + each Ja + Valefore & Maduin. The trio have super high RES too, so I'd think I'd need Magic Infusion. Also, I'd have the same WM Aerith problems.
- Something I'm not thinking of?

Any suggestions?

Balphon

Where's the weekend orb rush? Was the one last week just random? lol

Never had them two weeks in a row before.

Any suggestions?

You don't need Draw Fire, they're all weak to Bio, and Aerith is a poor choice for a mage.

Either drop Tyro for someone not terrible or use him as your healer.

Do you not have -ja magic at all?

EDIT: You must have -ja magic because you mention it as an option. Drop Aerith for an actual mage.

You don't need Draw Fire, they're all weak to Bio, and Aerith is a poor choice for a mage.

Either drop Tyro for someone not terrible or use him as your healer.

Do you not have -ja magic at all?

EDIT: You must have -ja magic because you mention it as an option. Drop Aerith for an actual mage.
Yup, DF sucks for this fight. It barely taunts anything, much less anything important.

They are indeed weak to Bio, but I only have 1 Bioga; just like I only have 1 of each -ja.

Aerith's my only Medica Mage.

Tyro was used because I needed Wind + Multibreak.

Edit: I tried the Mage team I listed above. All of the Soul Break are super weak and when I'm not hitting Vuln I barely do any damage. >_<. This is so frustrating.

Jp game: Just put my final 50 mythril into the cloud ossb banner for 150 total. Failed to get the new sword but netted 2x aeriths bssb, 2x yuffies sb, zack and red's ssb, and then the watch bracelet, water katana and random vi zantetsuken. Pretty good I think.

Yup, DF sucks for this fight. It barely taunts anything, much less anything important.

They are indeed weak to Bio, but I only have 1 Bioga; just like I only have 1 of each -ja.

Aerith's my only Medica Mage.

Tyro was used because I needed Wind + Multibreak.

Edit: I tried the Mage team I listed above. All of the Soul Break are super weak and when I'm not hitting Vuln I barely do any damage. >_<. This is so frustrating.

I did the following:

I have an FF8 team with a decent number of SBs so I used:
Wakka
Rinoa
Quistis
Irvine
Selphie

Spellblader
Mage
Mage
Support
White Mage

I had: Auroch's Reels, Mighty Guard VIII, Wall RW, Canister shot, and Dreamstage

Notable abilities:
Ruinga x6 Vaelfor x3
Wind Slash
Thundaja x 8
Blizzaja x 6

I opened with Auroch's reels, MG, and Wall. Focused on Fujin first to get rid of the magic damage. As soon as she goes down, or just before, refresh wall.

I killed Fujin > Seifer > Raijin. One mage AoE's the whole time while everyone else focuses on one target. Seifer and Raijin had a bit of overlap on their phase 2 but I was able to heal through it.

And Here's my ultimate + fight:

https://www.twitch.tv/pancakesandsx/v/65167549

Dragner

Using AOE is wrong on this fights unless you have an insane AOE burst with multiple AOE SSBs or exceptional mitigation, putting the 3 on weak phase at the same time can make the fight actually harder, everyone outside Fujin hits with basic attacks while full so keep them like that.

Also blind Raijin, you nullify all his attacks except one with that, then leave Seifer for the end, he has some nasty AOE while on weak phase that can be trickier if you have to deal with more people at the same time.

Using AOE is wrong on this fights unless you have an insane AOE burst with multiple AOE SSBs or exceptional mitigation, putting the 3 on weak phase at the same time can make the fight actually harder, everyone outside Fujin hits with basic attacks while full so keep them like that.

Also blind Raijin, you nullify all his attacks except one with that, then leave Seifer for the end, he has some nasty AOE while on weak phase that can be trickier if you have to deal with more people at the same time.

if you use a little AoE and focus with the rest it works out and it lets you kill the 2nd and 3rd guys faster. You just need to be careful for the reasons you stated to kill at lease one of them before the other 2 go weak.

I used aoe with targeted aero strikes on Rajin didn't bother to blind him, once Rajin was down just aoe and targeted down Seifer since Fujin died from just aoe a few turns after Rajin fell.

No more Dungeon updates for 1 and half months? What the hell is that about?
Supposed to be twice a month. Why are they cutting content?

Because they didn't plan out the mainline FF story content well and blew their load on a lot of games early, doubly problematic for bosses, dungeons, or sidequest they skipped since it's harder to go back now that a few of the games are at their final boss fights already. They really just need to go all in adapting content from spin offs and sequels.

Falk

that puzzling face
Think the content release schedule was great outside of some initial gaffes like leaving holes in the timeline to be covered specifically by events (which hasn't aged well a year later lol)

FF game content is going to run out sooner or later regardless how you ration it out and how many sequels you add. Game did well with a good pace of nostalgia tripping the first year (which worked, honestly, look at the churn/retention rates) and needs to transition more into its own thing.

It's not just story content either. Running out of new characters to trot out every week. I think BDL/MC3 is the turning point for the game to be less of a nostalgia trip (assuming you played from near the start and have all the characters) and more of its own thing based on an ATB combat system.

Considering that they've barely touched FFT, FFXI, and FFXIV I not to mention a bunch of other spin offs they're not going to run out of dungeons any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom