• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
9 full final fantasy games and 3 shorter ones (I, II, III) were exhausted in about 18 months, more or less.

At the current rate of consumption in Japan, adding in FFT, FFXI, FFXIV/Heavensward, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, FFIV TAY, Crisis Core, (idk, they toyed with that idea with Zack's buster sword saying VII-CC), Revenant Wings, Dirge of Cerberus, Tactics Advance/A2 would be 12 additional titles, 6 of them which are very, very meaty. I wouldn't be surprised if it touched on Bravely Default at some point too considering how that's pretty much a Final Fantasy title in all but name, and even with Bravely having its own mobile standalone presence.

Record Synergy would probably be a nightmare though. VII-CC and X/X-2 obviously share synergy at this point. FFXII/FFT doesn't.

TAY alone can provide massive amounts of content, 10 new characters, a couple dress records, and dozens of dungeons worth of boss fights.

Anustart

Yay, cleared first heroic. Thanks wandering hero, I needed day to do it.

Sitting on a nice little nest egg of Gil for next week.

Just need more equipment upping items. And the damn orbs that I get all the time but can never make new spells or hone existing.

Finally!

The game even dropped a Major Power Orb as pittance for the 360 STA I spent retrying the battle.

I had to sacrifice some Major Darks to make a second Bioga. That provided all the difference in the world. I also booted Aerith after remembering that I had a 108 MND stick w/ Shared Medica. It think it only healed ~1k-2k, but it was still surprisingly useful. Speaking of surprisingly useful, Mage SBs, despite doing crap damage, also came in handy for once! Hope's Earthquake applied a better Power Breakdown and Angel Bolt Quake was all I could use to harm Raijin w/ Rinoa (my Biogas ran out finishing off Seifer).

Now, of COURSE I had to go and mess things up by not noticing that Squall was in the back row until the fight began. >_>. Also, Irvine died right after Fujin ran off. Thankfully, he Full Broke Seifer just beforehand.

Lol, went for Ifrit Elite, not even paying attention at the Dungeon level. Got my ass handed to me since I figured it would a piece of cake as an "early" dungeon in the dungeon tree. Damn Infernal Nail. Really well done fight, quite true to the XIV one.

I used aoe with targeted aero strikes on Rajin didn't bother to blind him, once Rajin was down just aoe and targeted down Seifer since Fujin died from just aoe a few turns after Rajin fell.

Since I brought wakka for aurochs reels I had shitty wind damage (wind slash) so I did fujin first and raijin last.

Think the content release schedule was great outside of some initial gaffes like leaving holes in the timeline to be covered specifically by events (which hasn't aged well a year later lol)

FF game content is going to run out sooner or later regardless how you ration it out and how many sequels you add. Game did well with a good pace of nostalgia tripping the first year (which worked, honestly, look at the churn/retention rates) and needs to transition more into its own thing.

It's not just story content either. Running out of new characters to trot out every week. I think BDL/MC3 is the turning point for the game to be less of a nostalgia trip (assuming you played from near the start and have all the characters) and more of its own thing based on an ATB combat system.

There's also the original story coming soon as well.

Razmos

Beat the Ultimate fight easily enough, the ultimate+ fight though.. Jeez. Was going really well until it used Meteor hitting for 3000 damage to all my party, through Shell and Magic Breakdown, and then immediately followed it up with a Quake doing 2000+ and wiping out my party.

Feels like you definitely need wall for that fight, which is at odds with the fact the fight is a DPS race...

And then he gets even stronger from there! Ridiculous

Anustart

I feel proud that I'm actually hoarding mythril for the festival in June. I'm past 200 mythril now. Woo!

What festival? Now I dunno if I should do my beginner pull.

Edit: Did 11 pull on beginner banner. Got 4 5star items, can't complain. Betrayal sword and tyrfing the only ones I remember.

alcheim

Final dungeon consisting of boss fights from across the franchise.

Talk about meta.

DeNa should make minor bosses as the trash minions so that the regular fights can have animated enemies... actually, screw that. DeNa should eventually make every enemy animate.

RivalCore

What festival? Now I dunno if I should do my beginner pull.

Edit: Did 11 pull on beginner banner. Got 4 5star items, can't complain. Betrayal sword and tyrfing the only ones I remember.

BSBFest (Burst Soul Break) should be in June/July.

Basically 5 banners containing a bunch of really good items across different realms/characters.

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/orb-dungeon-3/

Banner 4, if it remains the same, is currently THE banner to pull for if you're going physical.

c-murph

OMG, I just got three 3 star daily random pulls in in a row. This must be like some new record... Tomorrow I will go for four!

ultra7k

Not looking forward to the IV and III events as I have terrible synergy (read: almost none for III), and I don't feel particularly inclined to pull on either of these banners.

Will have to try and muddle through!

Balphon

So I have Golbez's armor and Dark Cecil's sword. Darkness OP?

You'd have to deal with the severe disadvantages of Sanguine Cross.

Though the armor would help with Memento Mori/Dark Zone, which seems to be a far better combo.

What's going on with the daily draw? It's two days in a row that I've received a 3*...did they up the rates or something?

They greatly reduced the rate of 5* and slightly increased 3* and 4*, as I recall.

I decided a single pull was enough for this banner and this was probably the only item I wanted :p

DBJ8bwD.jpg

Long term that saves a slot or 2. Will need to rethink how my team make up looks now...

I got Edge's Kotetsu in my 100-gem Draw. It's a damn nice relic (beats my Kiku-ichimonji+ for Katana with the highest ATK, non-RS).

I'm unsure if I'll actually use Edge much, since he is still MC1 capped + I have a handful of SSBs w/ higher multipliers already (Pecil, Locke, Celes, Tidus, Agrias). However, 5.28x over 8 Lightning hits w/ 100% Paralyze + Slow sounds like it can have it's niche uses (OHAI U+ Cagnazzo!).

Run the daily dungeons to build up a stockpile of orbs. If you are still working through Story Mode classics then the ones you get will be fairly limited.

Yep Pound/Dismissal are useful abilities and I still use the latter quite regularly. There are lots of useful 3* abilities. Many of them are outclassed by stronger 4*/5* variants, but consider the following:

3* Spellblades for hitting elemental weakness
Dark/Sleep/Venom Buster
Tempo Flurry
Breaks
Intimidate

-Ga magic
Ifrit/Shiva/Ramuh

The first 4* abilities I would make would be Protectga and Shellga.

Jarekx

Ya, 3 * Spellblade abilities are still good. Heck, I think the only boss in JP that I've heard it being recommended using the 4* version was for Ifrit with his crazy high defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom