• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to do a few extra pulls on banner 3

15 mythil = nothing
900 gems = nothing
5 mythril = seifer's coat which I already had

I think that's the sign it's time to walk away from this banner, will pull a 50 on 5 but going forward it's just 100 gems for me.

Very little in the world of video games worse than an 11 draw full of 3* trash...

Still happy I got lucky with banner 1, but that was really disappointing...

Falk

that puzzling face
Was in that weird spot with Adel again where I was pushing past scripted AOE thresholds before getting 2nd wall up. Had to hold back on DPS before the final 40% push.

MiTYH

Did a 100-gem pull on banner 3 (saving mythril for 4 and maybe 5), got 5-star Yuffie's Wutai Headband.

So, that's neat. Whole-party healing based on their max HP seems good

Was in that weird spot with Adel again where I was pushing past scripted AOE thresholds before getting 2nd wall up. Had to hold back on DPS before the final 40% push.

Axel has some weird 40% based attack patterns. Ended up having to bring secondary mitigation and sub back in Beatrix for the magic blink. Ended up not needing magic blink (took too long to get up with lifesiphon/instant SB and the SB gauge builder materias being on others)

In the JP client is there a third ace striker like materia?

The only reason I don't want a Keeper's Tome is because I already have SG. Both are unworkable together in a single fight. I will however RW the crap out of it if I get crazy lucky with Platinum Sword and complete my trinity. (Not holding my breath)

Kain

Adel destroyed. Beatrix's magic blink completely nullified both Ultimas and the witch had a fondness for physical attacks that never broke the 1k of damage. I had no protectga, so she hits like a baby. The only respectable damage came from a couple of quakes...

Tomorrow it's Bahamut sin turn. It's cool because that's one of the first ultimates I remember trying (and failing of course). I suppose it's a second chance for more people like me xD

What would be the proper way to utilize a Tyro with both Wall and his Burst? Dr. Mog RM w/ Full Break (he's my Support unit) and Lifesiphon for Wall on Turn 1, FB Turn 2, LS spam -> BSB afterwards? Would I be able to utilize both or would I not get enough charge to refresh Wall before it expires?

I don't know that there's a good way to do it with lifesiphon. Maybe if you delay using the wall at the start since most U/U+ don't start using heavier attacks until after the first few turns, but even then it'd probably be difficult to squeeze in. I have a helm with a shared Protectga SB that I used to put on Ramza to alternate between Shout and Protectga, but I ended up giving up on making it work. That said, Tyro's BSB is much better than the shared SB I was using and probably worth making work.

I would consider giving him Wrath + Ace Striker RM. 2 charges of wrath at the start of the battle would get you your wall and then you can try to get as many other charges in as you can around the start of the battle so you have plenty of gauge built up for the end of the fight. Using Wrath instead of Lifesiphon and Ace Striker instead of some damage boosting RM is going to lower your DPS, but you're getting a lot of extra mitigation out of it (Protectga, Shellga, Magic Blink, -20% ATK/MAG break), and bit of extra damage from the -20% DEF/RES break and the BSB itself, not to mention freeing up your healer's second ability slot if you, like me, often used it for protectga/shellga. Just keep in mind that by delaying your wall as well as your protectga/shellga you're adding an additional amount of RNG to the start of the fight which could get annoying, but should leave you in a better position for the rest of the fight.

c-murph

The only reason I don't want a Keeper's Tome is because I already have SG. Both are unworkable together in a single fight. I will however RW the crap out of it if I get crazy lucky with Platinum Sword and complete my trinity. (Not holding my breath)

That's not true. I use RW SG that allows me to cast both in the first round with Tyro and Dr.Mog. Not to mention Lifesiphon + Knight's Charge, Ace Striker, or Battleforged are glorious at leveling the Burst Meter too. You can make it work if you really want it to.

I went into Adel's battle using Knight's Charge/Lifesiphon on Tyro and his meter filled with Ability usage and DMG, allowing me to fire off multiple KTs during battle. You basically just spam the Book of Despair and Book of Retribution with Full Break, MAG/PWR Breaks too. I bring Agrias with Cleansing Strike which helps keep their power in check also. My Ramza just kinda lacks though. He's in charge of MAG/PWR Break and Full Break. I wish I had Hail of Stone and Tailwind on him too so he could play an even bigger role. A group heal and a burst attack every now and then wouldn't kill him. Hoping for Sentinel's Grimoire and Grand Armour on Sunday evening.

Balphon

Bahamut was way easier than I thought he would be. Didn't even need Wall.

Maybe it's because I didn't have to concern myself with mowing down shadow creepers this time.

WarAdept

Had a go at Cid Missioning Bahamut Sin. I forgot he uses Flare, bought Protect and Power Breakdown. Oops.

Might have to roll double healer or something on this. No wall is nasty and Shout is mandatory since I don't have Tifa's Burning Arrow.

Had a go at Cid Missioning Bahamut Sin. I forgot he uses Flare, bought Protect and Power Breakdown. Oops.

Might have to roll double healer or something on this. No wall is nasty and Shout is mandatory since I don't have Tifa's Burning Arrow.

Flare isn't your only problem: you'll get rolled by his lightning spells too. Shellga takes priority over Protectga, I'd say, but both are useful because the creepers do a lot of physical damage.

This was my FF7 party for Bahamut Sin, which missed a damage and speed medal:

xsz0Vdq.png

Limit breaks used: Clear Tranquil, Dragon Force, Black Materia, and Grenade Shell or whatever Barret's group -DEF/RES one is called.

This wasn't so bad, because I have solid FF7 gear. I actually opted to destroy the creepers, using their fire vulnerability to help generate soul meter as well. This ensured I had enough for Clear Tranquil when needed, while also having Black Materia ready for both of the short Giga/Petaflares. It was important for Barret to land both Full Break and Magic Breakdown while Bahamut is vulnerable, which is tricky because he has so little HP and is seemingly always in charge mode. Otherwise, Cait Sith and Barret were very squishy to Flare. The creepers respawned during the final Petaflare charge, but I had a pretty lengthy reprieve in the middle.

Kain

Poor Bahamut SIN, he never stood a chance :(

He has so little HP that the charging phases were piling up, even with my whole three pieces of FFVII equipment (one of my worst synergies by far, I have more equipment for II lol). Levels and good SBs make all the difference lately for me. And Cecil's BSSB of course xD

This event is fun, I want more like this.

Anustart

Getting low on classic missions. Down to 22 remaining. Still have 150 or so elite missions left. Gonna buy maybe 15 bucks worth of gems to spend on refreshes to get enough to do some pulls on banner 4.

Gonna buy maybe 15 bucks worth of gems to spend on refreshes to get enough to do some pulls on banner 4.
It's slightly more cost efficient to spend the gems on pulls rather than spend them on refreshes. 1 Refresh = 1 Mythril / 100 Gems, 1 Pull - 5 Mythril / 300 Gems, $1 = 100 Gems. If Mythril to Gem exchange was completely equivalent then the gem costs would be 1 refresh = 100 gems and 1 pull = 500 gems. $15 and 15 Mythril can get either: 15 Refreshes (Gems) and 3 Pulls (Mythril) or 15 Refreshes (Mythril) and 5 Pulls (Gems).

Falk

that puzzling face
Getting low on classic missions. Down to 22 remaining. Still have 150 or so elite missions left. Gonna buy maybe 15 bucks worth of gems to spend on refreshes to get enough to do some pulls on banner 4.

Also I thought you said it was too expensive to consider. :V

(You'd be right in any sane frame of mind)

Anustart

Also I thought you said it was too expensive to consider. :V

(You'd be right in any sane frame of mind)

Yeah too expensive for 30 bucks for an 11 pull, but refreshing should be able to get more. Still have several 46 stam fights, which is 3 mythril per 1 dollar. Bah, maybe maybe not.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's a terrible slash-and-burn mentality where you end up getting less overall, for reasons in the post above mine.

That's a terrible slash-and-burn mentality where you end up getting less overall, for reasons in the post above mine.

There's something about starting the day with 18 3 stars Orbs in a row for 90 Stamina in the ++ daily that screams "You won't get shit when pulling tonight". I know, I know, gambler's fallacy. ;)

Falk

that puzzling face
It's slightly more cost efficient to spend the gems on pulls rather than spend them on refreshes. 1 Refresh = 1 Mythril / 100 Gems, 1 Pull - 5 Mythril / 300 Gems, $1 = 100 Gems. If Mythril to Gem exchange was completely equivalent then the gem costs would be 1 refresh = 100 gems and 1 pull = 500 gems. $15 and 15 Mythril can get either: 15 Refreshes (Gems) and 3 Pulls (Mythril) or 15 Refreshes (Mythril) and 5 Pulls (Gems).

Yeah too expensive for 30 bucks for an 11 pull, but refreshing should be able to get more. Still have several 46 stam fights, which is 3 mythril per 1 dollar. Bah, maybe maybe not.

(Quoting and elaborating mainly because new page)

Look at it the other way. Sure, it may be 3 Mythril for 1 dollar, which works out to 9 Mythril for 3 dollars.

But if you swapped it around, and paid 3 dollars for a pull, which would have saved you 5 Mythril which you then used for refreshing to get 15 Mythril instead. And again, it's a finite resource, hence slash-and-burn mentality.

If you are going to $$$ this game, it's simply more efficient to use the $$$ on pulls and Mythril on other things. That's just a simple numbers game.

Anustart

(Quoting and elaborating mainly because new page)

Look at it the other way. Sure, it may be 3 Mythril for 1 dollar, which works out to 9 Mythril for 3 dollars.

But if you swapped it around, and paid 3 dollars for a pull, which would have saved you 5 Mythril which you then used for refreshing to get 15 Mythril instead. And again, it's a finite resource, hence slash-and-burn mentality.

If you are going to $$$ this game, it's simply more efficient to use the $$$ on pulls and Mythril on other things. That's just a simple numbers game.

Pulls it is :( im a weak man. But yeah, the finite mythril argument holds, i got no comeback for that one.

I'm mostly thinking out loud, but I can either pull (up to) three times tonight or pull once and save some Mythril to focus on synergy needs. Right now my IV and V synergy is fairly middling, tonight's banner has a lot of V stuff on it (plus the obvious thing), so multiple pulls there is tempting. The upcoming IV banners are apparently hot stuff too.

I was planning on saving my motes until Celes gets her Record Sphere, but it's also possible I'll invest in Ingus just to get Samurai-3. Not super likely though, because I already have a Knight/Samurai in Basch, who will be getting Darkness-4 for sure. If Ingus could get Samurai-4 I'd be a lot more likely too, just go get access to Mirror of Equity. It's convenient when a character can self-Boost for encounters where I go with a magic-heavy party but still need a physical character for whatever reason (breakdowns, soulbreaks, taunts, or whatever). Yes, Ingus can use the Boost ability, but it's a lot more useful to also deal damage, not to mention it's slightly weaker than its older brothers (25% vs 30%).

Balphon

Powering up my Tyro's Record Sphere. So, we can only get the 4* Record Spheres through Boss Events?

Generally yes, and they're fairly scarce.

I was thinking of investing mine in Firion since his bonuses are so good and he'll be even better once he gets buffed.

The main reason these void bosses are so easy is because they have a lot less HP than their weekly event counterparts. Anyway, I'm ready for all of the images of Gilgamesh's SSB being used tonight, because everybody is so clever.

Razmos

Wow damn Cuthbert, great pull.

Pretty happy with mine. A weapon for Vaan (need FFXII synergy) a hat for Edea (one of my favourite characters and a great soul break) and my third Genji Blade!

Now I'm really looking forward to the update that allows me to up it to 8*!

Kenai

^ Nice!

My 11 pull netted me a dupe Platinum Sword, Faris bow and Basch shield. Happy about it since this is my first natural 5* bow, my V and XII synergy are mediocre, and the shield buff is just plain good.

Not enough Mythril for the 2nd 14 banner, but I can deal. Will probably just skip out on the Cid Mission for Titan.

Xetherion

100 gem: 3* trash.

11 pull: Edea's hat and Vaan's katana. Not the hastega i wanted game! Oh well, the hat will be good for mage parties at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom