• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

I went 4/25 or so and got every FFV except Bartz's. Pretty good overall. Went from having no ATK/MAG debuff SBs at the beginning of this event to having three.

From 377 mythril to 27.

1 last pull....

uKapGHGl.jpg

NMJo2OR.gif

WarAdept

Oh my fucking God. The one item that I dumped over 300 mithril on and never got it a few months back.

Casual 5 mithril "Yeah whatever pull."

KnIJiBO.jpg

Got a Defender on an 11 pull... at least I have a 7* now, but I wish it was something else. Not sure if I should pull again.
edit: I pulled again and didn't get any 5* :( Hopefully banner 5 goes better.

B.K.

Holy shit! :O

:|

The Ice Brand is a pure stat stick. It doesn't even have a soulbreak on it.

Sage's Staff is outdated. I have Relm's SSB, so Lenna's is useless, since it doesn't even cure as much.

I'll probably just use Vaan's swords as a stat stick for Tyro in XII dungeons. I rarely use Vaan or anyone that can use katanas. I have Vaan's SSB anyway, so I would probably use it before this SSB.

Gilgamesh's SSB is the best pull in this bunch.

I also got Faris's bow from a 100 Gem pull.

c-murph

100 Gem pull netted me a 3* item. Meh. Sunday Night boys we get Tyro's SG and Ramza's Grand Amour.

Going to see if I can Smash Gilgamesh tonite.

Czarcasm

So, first 11 Pull
Not bad, needed a magic boost and it may be useful for Ifrit
========================================
Second 11 Pull
Double Platinum!!!!!!! YEAH!
=========================================
Third 11 Pull....Nothing

Somehow managed to avoid every single FFV item, which is like half the banner

Edit: I now have the problem of having to sort through my friends list as I don't need nearly as many shouts now

MiTYH

Feeling pretty good! new player here, pulled twice on the 11-draw, got a 5-star each time

- Platinum Shield (XII). Raises Atk and Defense of party, seems okay but not the best

- RAGNAROK (V)! Attacks target, Haste and burst mode to user, giving Bartz wind/water or fire/earth attacks?! Holy crap that's a keeper.

Had to redeem a soul of a hero to get Bartz, but now I need some advice for party formations. Currently still working through the normal/elite levels, but I hit a wall recently in Mastering stages. On VI-23 currently.

Here are my top units/relics (everyinth listing is unique for them and 5 stars):
- Bartz with Ragnarok
- Tyro with Stormlance Grimoire (and now Sentinel's Grimoire)
- Edgar with Chainsaw
- Sabin, with Dragon's Claw
- Amarant, with Dragon's Claw
- Beatrix, mostly as a white mage with Curaga and Royal Scepter (Mass Mending ability)

Recent pulls that aren't fully leveled include:
- Yuffie with Wutai Headband
- Ashe, with Demonsbane
- Basch, with Platinum Shield

Also Cloud is leveled, just because.

Edgar is a beast, love using him and he's currently my shared hero. I also run Tyro as a mage (ice/fire) with stormlance grimoire, Sabin, Cloud, and Yuffie (used to be Beatrix). I definitely want to add Bartz, probably replacing Cloud. Thoughts on any others?

- Platinum Shield (XII). Raises Atk and Defense of party, seems okay but not the best.

This is one of the best items in the game and will likely never go out of style. The +ATK/DEF buff stacks with all other Boostga (+ATK) effects and the shield itself has a +20% Holy damage bonus, which is very very rare on armors. The character it's for is also very solid, and gets even better once he can achieve Lv80 and gets his Record Sphere. Basch is a staple of most of my party setups.

Gilgamesh and his homie were relatively easy, although it gets a little dicey when he first summons Enkidu. In hindsight, I think a group cure RW or Mako Might on my Lenna would've made that transition smoother. After that spike, it gets really easy again.

Okay, I opened up my wallet (I mean, the game's given me over a year of fun) and got a Ragnarok on my next pull. Score.

Um, problem is that I had to update my old payment info (only used iTunes cards in the last while) which took me out of the game and it looks like it gave me two Leviathan Pouches.

Should I open a support ticket with Apple or something?

MiTYH

This is one of the best items in the game and will likely never go out of style. The +ATK/DEF buff stacks with all other Boostga (+ATK) effects and the shield itself has a +20% Holy damage bonus, which is very very rare on armors. The character it's for is also very solid, and gets even better once he can achieve Lv80 and gets his Record Sphere. Basch is a staple of most of my party setups.

Oh dang, really? Good thing I've got spare souls of heros. Time to recruit!

c-murph

Okay, I opened up my wallet (I mean, the game's given me over a year of fun) and got a Ragnarok on my next pull. Score.

Um, problem is that I had to update my old payment info (only used iTunes cards in the last while) which took me out of the game and it looks like it gave me two Leviathan Pouches.

Should I open a support ticket with Apple or something?

Check to see if they charged you for two. If not... Profit?! But they probably charged you for two.

Also, Murdered Gilgamesh like nothing. Should be able to kill Morphin' Power Gilgamesh tomorrow.

Oh dang, really? Good thing I've got spare souls of heros. Time to recruit!

It's going to shine even more for a new player who already has their own Sentinel's Guard too. If you use a Shout RW, it stacks multiplicatively with Apocalypse Shield for a whopping 95% ATK buff. This is so high that you do not need synergized weaponry, which takes a lot of time and mythril to accumulate. This becomes less effective when you actually do have synergized weaponry due to diminishing returns on ATK, but the +20% Holy damage bonus will always be useful on your Knights who use Banishing Strike and Saint Cross.

My preferred way to use Apocalypse Shield is to stack it with Soul Eater, which is one of Drunk Cecil's SBs that has a +35% ATK boost. This gives an effective boost of 75%, which is higher than people who are using only Shout. This allows me to be very flexible with which roamer I can bring to an encounter, since I'm not pigeon holed into Shout like so many people are. You'll be able to do the same thing with Sabin's Razor Gale, which is similar to Cecil's Soul Eater.

Czarcasm

So with only 1 banner left (and SG being the only thing left that I'm aiming for) it's once again time to ask what I should set as my Roaming Warrior

Healing Staff (Minwu SSB) - Will of the White Mage [Instant h85 Medica]
Golden Armor (Leon) - Hand of the Emperor [Party: Attack/Defense +30%] (Current RW)
Tyrfing (Luneth) - Advance [Self: +150% Attack, -50% Defence]
Crescent Wish (Selphie SSB) - Dreamstage [Large Medica + Party Magic Mirage]
Sorceress' Crown (Edea) - Inaugural Parade [Party: MAG+ 20% + Haste]
Wizard Rod (Garnet SSB) - Divine Guardian [Party: Major Regen + Haste + 30% Resistance]
Platinum Shield (Basch) - Apocalypse Shield [Party: ATK/DEF +30%] +Holy Damage
Thyrus (Y’shtola) - Stoneskin II [Party: Defense/Resistance +200%]
Platinum Sword (Ramza) - Shout [Party ATK+ 50% + Haste]
Grand Armor (Ramza) - Tailwind [Party: Protect + 40% Medica]

Spent 150 Mythril chasing Ragnarok. No Ragnarok :(

Sounds about right. The probability of not getting Ragnarok in 33 pulls is 72%. This is why you don't chase singular relics at a 1% rate.

So with only 1 banner left (and SG being the only thing left that I'm aiming for) it's once again time to ask what I should set as my Roaming Warrior

Healing Staff (Minwu SSB) - Will of the White Mage [Instant h85 Medica]
Golden Armor (Leon) - Hand of the Emperor [Party: Attack/Defense +30%] (Current RW)
Tyrfing (Luneth) - Advance [Self: +150% Attack, -50% Defence]
Crescent Wish (Selphie SSB) - Dreamstage [Large Medica + Party Magic Mirage]
Sorceress' Crown (Edea) - Inaugural Parade [Party: MAG+ 20% + Haste]
Wizard Rod (Garnet SSB) - Divine Guardian [Party: Major Regen + Haste + 30% Resistance]
Platinum Shield (Basch) - Apocalypse Shield [Party: ATK/DEF +30%] +Holy Damage
Thyrus (Y’shtola) - Stoneskin II [Party: Defense/Resistance +200%]
Platinum Sword (Ramza) - Shout [Party ATK+ 50% + Haste]
Grand Armor (Ramza) - Tailwind [Party: Protect + 40% Medica]

I use Crescent Wish RWs a lot, as well as Minwu's. This might change now that I have my own Crescent Wish and an instant heal in Clear Tranquil. I kind of think you should go with your Stoneskin, though. I suspect walls will be in the highest demand now that U(+) Cid Missions are going to be a regular occurrence.

Balphon

I hadn't seen it before, but Faris's "Fuck you, I have a cannon" animation for Sea Lord's Broadside is hilarious.

Having both her and Gordon set up with AoE -ATK/MAG SBs will be very helpful.

So, how are the probabilities set? Do they change from banner to banner or are they fixed?

Lately it's 1% for BSB/SSB, 2% for other featured items, and whatever's left is off-banner (which tends to be around 1.5%). My general pull strategy is: Do I need synergy? Will I be satisfied with several of the items that arent "Grand Prize" status? The only singular items that are really worth pulling for are Thyrus and Sentinel Grimoire, and even then I don't think it's the greatest idea.

B.K.

I've got two more Elite dungeons to clear. That will give me 15 mythril for a three pull. After that, I'm going to start saving again. Is there another fest in a few months or is this it until OSBFest?

Balphon

I've got two more Elite dungeons to clear. That will give me 15 mythril for a three pull. After that, I'm going to start saving again. Is there another fest in a few months or is this it until OSBFest?

Can't know for sure, but JP got another BSSB-fest about 3 months after this one.

Would put it in late September/early October for us.

hmmm 130 mythril used. Sorceress Crown, Sage Staff, Yoichi Bow and 2 more maxed 4 stars and a few 4 stars to hold onto until the +++s arrive. So not spectacular but not bad, at least I can use a mage party more effectively now and I have a medica for V and a relic bow with nice effects. I'll get enough mythril for one more 3 pull if i dare...

my V synergy is so weird:
5+ Excalibur sword
Yoichi Bow
Lilith Rod
Poison Rod
Moore Branch
Sage Staff
Power Staff
5++ Judgment Staff
5+ Gengi Helm
Diamond Plate
Ninja Suit
Diamond Armor

In other words, a crap ton of 5 star yet only one non magic stat stick that isn't mediocre, the Excalibur. Good thing I have the two 4++ axes. Magic wise, I just crush in V, rare as that may be needed.

MrDaravon

100 gem pull got me nothing, 3 pull got me Lenna's Sage Staff which isn't the best since I already have two Lullaby Rods, but I do already have Lenna at 80 so having a FF5 RS healer option isn't the worst thing or anything.

Not sure what I want to do from here, I will only have enough mythril to do another 3 pull plus maybe a single pull between now and end of the next banner. Realistically I should probably dump everything on this banner since I already have SG and the Kaiser Shield from the next one, and the only thing I have on this one is the Platinum Shield. I mean Terra is bae and Cloud's BSB is decent, but the BSBs on this one would probably do me much more practical good.

MrDaravon

Did my last 3 pull and got Vaan's katana; probably the last item I would have wanted on the banner, but outside of Balthier's first gun and Platinum Shield my FF12 synergy is non-existent, so it's still better than nothing for sure.

Can't believe I'm going to hit the end of this fest and still not have a single BSB to date :(

Spent much more Myrhril on this banner than I was planning but ended up with Ragnarok, Platinum Sword, Yoichi's Bow and 4(???) Kogarsumarus.

Some very nice stuff so I'm definitely not complaining, but I was really hoping for Basch & Edea's stuff, so that's disappointing. Ah well, they'll both be offered again. Now back to the Mythril grind.

RivalCore

Spent all of all my mythril (365) chasing Platinum Sword.

So in total 7x11 and a final 3 pull. I got Bartz BSSB, Basch's Shield and I pulled Platinum on the last 3 pull.

I'm stoked, but I have like 3 mythril left and it took months to collect that much!

Kain

Wow damn Cuthbert, great pull.

Pretty happy with mine. A weapon for Vaan (need FFXII synergy) a hat for Edea (one of my favourite characters and a great soul break) and my third Genji Blade!

Oh man I got the exact same pull, like, really xD

Then I blew all my remaining mythril and got Basch's Shield and two Vaan's swords. My XII synergy is off the charts, holy fuck. And lastly I got Lenna's Cura+high regen, so now I have three medicas: Penelo, Lenna and Eiko's hastega+cura

I have no more mythril, but I'm happy overall.

I'm trying now Rift Gilgamesh with the new toys, I'll report later!

5x11 pulls and got Ragnarok, Defender x3, Genji Blade and Yoichi's Bowx2 all trying to chase for the Platinum Sword. I hit the limit of my progression as well without wall or boostega. It took me months to horde all that mythril. Whelp, gotta do it all over again.

Kain

OK, mastered. Piece of advice (PSA?), DON'T BERSERK Enkidu and forget to bring magic mitigation! It's useless!!!! I don't know exactly what does Berserk prevent but it doesn't prevent his wind attacks, those without mitigation will one-shot your party with a 99% chance. Bring Shellga and resistance up (Divine guardian works perfectly) and FB or Magic breakdown the guy if you can. The only problem in this fight has is him, Greg is nothing.

So, first phase mount your Tauntaliate (I used Basch's SB) + Shellga + Wall/Divine Guardian + Boostga and Hastega. Then as soon as Enkidu appears burn him down with all your strongest SBs so he can only have time to cast a couple of attacks at most (seriously, he hits like a fucking truck).

Then once Greg gets to phase 3 just use your strongest attacks, he'll only spam Zantetsuken which with FB+PB it only hits for 300-600, its' nothing and with high regen you don't have to heal at all. So yeah, again, bring Divine Guardian or some form of high regen.

Protectga is definetely not needed, but Shellga is. OMG Enkidu, the fucker was hitting for 6-8Ks like it was nothing without mitigation.

So, now that I have Basch's two SBs, am I correct to assume that Apocalypse Shield stacks with everything? Shout, War Dance, Wall... Because this is huge, now he is one of my strongest units, but with his MC2 coming more or less soon he's going to be my strongest char by far. If you put Ace Striker/Battleforged and a Lifesiphon his SB bar charges at incredible speed when Tauntaliating so I can safely cast both SBs twice a fight. Holy fuck.

Piece of advice (PSA?), DON'T BERSERK Enkidu and forget to bring magic mitigation! It's useless!!!! I don't know exactly what does Berserk prevent but it doesn't prevent his wind attacks, those without mitigation will one-shot your party with a 99% chance.

It doesn't work like you'd expect. Berserk just sets an enemy into their Berserk AI pattern, which is different from enemy to enemy.

Razmos

Lol, I failed mastery against the 75 difficulty weak version of Yunalesca because Hellbiter missed Auron and then she used Mega Death on him because he didn't have sap, lmao

Also first attempt at Bahamut Sin ultimate:
Start casting Sentinel's Grimoire
Shadow Creeper attacks Yuffie
Shadow Creeper attacks Yuffie
Bahamut Sin attacks Yuffie
Yuffie is dead

Literally did not get off a single action lol

Check to see if they charged you for two. If not... Profit?! But they probably charged you for two.
Yup, charged twice.

I'll open a ticket, I'm not going to freak out if they won't cancel it though, but I'll probably sit on the extra gems until guaranteed 5★ lands.

c-murph

Is there a way to clear your follower list? I know you can remove from your friend list but I can't seem to find a way to remove people that follow you. Is that a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom