• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Has there been another BSSB fest in Japan? If there's definitely one in the cards in the future, I'll save mythril. Otherwise I'm going to start pulling on weak synergy banners like FF2 and FF3.

Has there been another BSSB fest in Japan? If there's definitely one in the cards in the future, I'll save mythril. Otherwise I'm going to start pulling on weak synergy banners like FF2 and FF3.
There is usually a new fest every 3 or so months. After the BSB Fest, Japan had Double Burst Fest and OSB Fest.

The Double Burst banners all had 2 BSB and 5 SSB relics. Usually we get lots of changes between Japan's fests and Globals. However, there's a slim chance that might not happen here, due to each banner being themed by ability school (171-175 here).
Banner 1: Monks
Banner 2: Samurai / Spellblade
Banner 3: Thief / Ninja
Banner 4: Knights
Banner 5: Machinist / Dragoon

OSB Fest banners were set up with 1 OSB, 3 BSB and 3 SSB. The one that had Tyro's OSB book was 2 OSB, 2 BSB, 3 SSB. At that point, only 2 OSBs had been released (Cloud and Tidus). Cloud's was not part of the fest but Tidus's was. The other OSBs were new Terra, Vaan, Bartz, Tyro and Hope.

Pejo

There is usually a new fest every 3 or so months. After the BSB Fest, Japan had Double Burst Fest and OSB Fest.

The Double Burst banners all had 2 BSB and 5 SSB relics. Usually we get lots of changes between Japan's fests and Globals. However, there's a slim chance that might not happen here, due to each banner being themed by ability school (171-175 here).
Banner 1: Monks
Banner 2: Samurai / Spellblade
Banner 3: Thief / Ninja
Banner 4: Knights
Banner 5: Machinist / Dragoon

OSB Fest banners were set up with 1 OSB, 3 BSB and 3 SSB. The one that had Tyro's OSB book was 2 OSB, 2 BSB, 3 SSB. At that point, only 2 OSBs had been released (Cloud and Tidus). Cloud's was not part of the fest but Tidus's was. The other OSBs were new Terra, Vaan, Bartz, Tyro and Hope.

Very cool. I'll definitely be saving up for fests then. Thanks for this info. I really should start digging into the realm elite stages. I pretty much haven't done a single one since 2015. That's a lot of Stamina and Mythril waiting for me.

MrDaravon

Did 20 refreshes on Phase 2, including the Mastery/First Time Rewards and after Orb Conversion I walked away with:

26 Major White Orbs
26 Major Fire Orbs
30 Major Dark Dark Orbs

That's...shockingly consistent actually.

Cid Missions was a complete joke between vaan's bssb and Basch's apoclypse shield. Was surprised I got mastery against the ult + since I lost 3 characters thanks to back to back guilt but still only lost 1 medal for ko and 1 for damage so I'll take it.

Anustart

Did 20 refreshes on Phase 2, including the Mastery/First Time Rewards and after Orb Conversion I walked away with:

26 Major White Orbs
26 Major Fire Orbs
30 Major Dark Dark Orbs

That's...shockingly consistent actually.

Nice. 4 per refresh roughly. I won't hit half that on any phase. Not even close.

Why aren't we talking about the 5 pull Keeper's Choice yet?

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/keepers-choice-incoming/

No details on what the guaranteed relics are but 5 choices is cool and the changes to the banner pool seem divisive.
I don't mind them adding new SSB to it but some are upset by the change.
Hmm, are those what's on the banner or what the "free pick" pool is?

I have a disturbing amount of those, so unless the free pick list is different, I'm not sure I'll waste any Mythril.

Although I could finally try to make my first 5★++ (probably the XIII gun, would have the most utility, I guess).

Pejo

Why aren't we talking about the 5 pull Keeper's Choice yet?

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/keepers-choice-incoming/

No details on what the guaranteed relics are but 5 choices is cool and the changes to the banner pool seem divisive.
I don't mind them adding new SSB to it but some are upset by the change.

Oh damn, this is exciting! I'm glad I didn't 11 pull the XII banner now. Gonna have to spend some time grinding those elite dungeons real soon.

Kyari

Maduin's horn is the only thing I have on the banner list, I would be plenty happy with any of them before even getting to the free pull.

I pulled Leon's defender in the summer lucky draw and I have to say I really like the ssb, more than I expected, used it in the xii non did mission battles. Aoe physical dark with magic/atk lure and a def boost. Pair that with life siphon and the Knights charge rm and you will be firing the ssb off a ton in battles. I know there aren't a lot of weak to dark enemies, particularly in multiples, but when there are, this ssb really really shines.

Not as drastic changes as I thought they would make.

Japanese Tyro Selection Vol 1 banner relics were:

Cloud's Organics SSB - 6.15x/3 AoE, Ranged
Lightning's Peacemaker SSB - 6.5x/5 AoE, Lightning
Terra's Maduin Horn SSB - 18x/10 ST, MAG, Non-Elemental
Leon's Golden Armor - ATK & DEF +30%
Eiko's Golem Flute - Medica (h50), Hastega
Faris' Yoichi Bow - 4.04x/4 AoE, Ranged, ATK & MAG -40%
FFX Bracer - Shared Shellga

They basically replaced the non-SSBs with SSBs:
Leon's Golden Armor -> SSB sword (6.0x/3 AoE, Dark, Sentinel).
Eiko's Golem Flute -> Eiko's SSB Flute (Medica (h50), Reraise (40%)).
Faris' Yoichi Bow -> Gilgamesh's SSB Katana (6.0x/3 AoE, Heavy Regen).

It will be interesting to see how much they change the freebie list.

Japanese Tyro Selection Vol 1 selectable relics were:

Sara's White Robe - ATK & DEF +30% to All Allies
Leila's Dancing Dagger - Hastega, Shellga
Arc's Holy Wand - Medica (h50), RES +50% to All Allies
Rosa's White Dress - Protectga, Shellga
Faris' Aevis Killer - 3.5x AOE, DEF & RES -40%
Locke's Rising Sun - 3.2x AOE, 100% Slow
Red XIII's Diamond Pin - Hastega & Protectga
Rinoa's Rising Sun - 7.4x/2 AOE, Earth, 100% Slow
Garnet's Asura Rod - 9x/2 AOE, Water, MAG +20% to All Allies
Yuna's Lullaby Rod - Medica (h50), Heavy Regen to All Allies
Ashe's Demonsbane - 10.98x/3 ST, Holy, 21% Confuse, 21% Sleep
Vanille's Wyrmfang - Medica (n50), Protectga
Thancred's Yoshimitsu - 4.92x/4 ST, DEF -50%
Ramza's Grand Armor - Medica (40%), Protectga

Falk

that puzzling face
Okay, get this.

I am 99% sure I managed to skip Bio Grenade doing damage by pausing at the right time (by accident).

Wasn't paying full attention, on Wave 1, accidentally hit pause, unpaused, did a double take. Bio Grenade was at 1 cast left, enemies still full HP. I don't know how else to explain it, other than enemies were magically immune to poison damage.

Okay, get this.

I am 99% sure I managed to skip Bio Grenade doing damage by pausing at the right time (by accident).

Wasn't paying full attention, on Wave 1, accidentally hit pause, unpaused, did a double take. Bio Grenade was at 1 cast left, enemies still full HP. I don't know how else to explain it, other than enemies were magically immune to poison damage.
Bio Soldiers.

Yooooo

V6PmAbCh.jpg

no major wind orbs falk.jpg

Pejo

oh woof, that list of freebies isn't what I had hoped. I'd probably get the Ramza one since he's always in my "main" party anyways, but I probably wouldn't even pull multiple times to get all 5 freebies based on that stuff.

For some reason, I thought the banners in the link above was the list of freebies to pull from (the SSB stuff), not the actual banner you're drawing from. I would have gone in for at least 3 of them if that was the case.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Hmmm those Ultimates were surprisingly easy, or maybe I just got lucky. I did them CM style and had little trouble. Only had to s/l twice for U+ and the only unique FFXII SB I have is Penelo's Holy Rod.

And wow, I can't wait for Orlandu. He looks insane.

Balphon

In pretty much every FFT playthrough I've ever done I dismissed Orlandu as soon as he showed up. Game is already too easy without him. Hell, his silly auto-haste sword alone is overpowered.

Though I guess having Orlandu be stupidly gamebreaking is in the spirit of FFT. Even if it requires a lot of luck with the gacha this time around.

oh woof, that list of freebies isn't what I had hoped.
Well, they are freebies (sort of), they're meant to patch holes in your setup or give you a boost as a beginner.

I figure for most of us old-timers, we should just focus on synergy (aka errbody get dat XIV weapon, haha).

MrDaravon

Hmm, on that list (assuming that is the final list of options we're giving as the freebie) I already have Organics, Peacemaker and a Maduin's Horn+. I have no FF2 synergy outside of Minwu's medica, and I'm pretty weak on FF9 and FF5. Not sure if I'd pull on that, maybe at least once for the FF2 sword? Not sure, I'll worry about it once this actually goes live and depending on when I suppose.

On a related note I was thinking about this the other day, but is the Beginner Banner still worth pulling on if I haven't already? I've been playing since October and while I could potentially fill some RS gaps nothing on it seems really worth 50 mythril at this point? The only thing on it I have is Balthier's Gun, maaaaaaybe it'd be worth it for Stormlance Grimoire? Not sure, especially since Tyro is my only native wall right now (SG).

Ah, the good old days when having native Advance would have been rad lol

Dragner

basically the freebies is

1. Pick Ramza Armor

2. If you have Ramza armor pick Sara HoTE clone.

3. If you are a global player you just pick Ramza Armor and thats it. Bedause we wont have Saras Relic.

On a related note I was thinking about this the other day, but is the Beginner Banner still worth pulling on if I haven't already? I've been playing since October and while I could potentially fill some RS gaps nothing on it seems really worth 50 mythril at this point? The only thing on it I have is Balthier's Gun, maaaaaaybe it'd be worth it for Stormlance Grimoire? Not sure, especially since Tyro is my only native wall right now (SG).
Filling a (physical) hole in your synergy is probably worth the Mythril, anything else you get would just be a bonus.

Regardless of what changes are made to the selectables, I'll be targeting relics for records I have limited synergy in. I likely won't get around to pulling for awhile, though, as I've recently spent a lot of Mythril and what I have left is going towards Celerity Lucky Draw, possibly FFT, and then surely FF5.

Oh hey, $1 came through this time.

FFI synergy is always nice to get + Physical Blink = :D. Now I have both a Physical Blink and Magic Blink (Tyro Burst - If I ever use it instead of SG).

Shame that I literally just 80'd him and removed him from my team. Guess he goes back into the team to suck up exp while learning the SSB before the Dissida CM.

Xetherion

Got Shantotto's staff with my 100 gem pull. My first magic SSB, nice.

Since they replaced Leon's Golden Armor, i don't have any of the relics on the banner. While they're kind of dated now, most of them would still be pretty nice to get, especially Peacemaker.

Then if the choice list stays the same, I will get Locke's AOE slow since i still lack an auto-slow and I already use Locke in my A team thanks to having his SSB. Already have a 7* Grand Armor for Ramza anyway from trying to get Shout, also already have Yoshimitsu, Wyrmfang, Asura Rod, and Aevis Killer.

Anustart

Did a 5 pull on the Dissidia banner. Got Cloud's Climhazzard. Excellent. Had dude at 80 forever, in fact, he was my first 80, but no sb for him. This will come in handy for any wind weak boss.

Also, championed second Ultimate+ in a row now since getting Platinum Sword. Makes it that much clearer that the whole fucking game was tuned around that soul break.

Gotta say it's nice to be able to cherry pick RW's now that I have native Shout. Debating what skill to up next. Just hone'd Full Charge to r2. Tornado Strike could be a decent r2 with cloud's new sb.

Razmos

The Dissidia event is hype as fuck. The music, the boss fights, the fact that all the best characters get synergy and you can use any equipment you want.

Cecil managed to use his holy boost excalibur and Basch's holy boost platinum shield, both with synergy, along with his BSB which gives Enholy. Absolute madness. I look forward to melting the ultimate+ fight with it.

Kouriozan

I'm clearing every events easily with the same party since April, so I'll also pick stuff I have low synergy with.
Well, let's hope Global Tyro's selection will be decent.

Kyari

Grats! I thought nobody would pull an 11 on this banner!

As an avid XI player, I was keen to get Shantotto; Y'shtola's Medica II further tempted me while Cloud's Climhazzard (I have managed to never get a Cloud SB - not even Braver) and Bartz's Burst were enough to get me to throw 50 mythril at it.

As a day one player this is not only my first Burst, but its also my first SB for a spellblade capable character, which will provide me some MUCH needed burst damage for Ult/Ult+ with elemental weaknesses.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, prior to Cid Missions I was all about them.

Now I'm realizing I'm using ONLY RS teams for the top level content and... it's also becoming stale. Would like to use the A-Team once in a while.

I guess we really do need some variety, lol.

It would help if fail/Mastery wasn't so binary - e.g. if it was more likely you'd just clear Cid Missions then have to rerun with the A team for Mastery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom