• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

Got Gabranth's armor. Cool because now I have an excuse to level him up AND hone Sanguine's Cross. I might even try the CMs

Nice, my 100 gems pull got me Vaan's God Mode.
It should be always like this.
So I currently have 3 BSBs: Pecil's, Vaan's and... Tiny Bee. No middle ground for me, it seems.
Now the question: what is a good ability setup for a generic Vaan? Lifesiphon + ...? Powerchain doesn't look necessary, given the BSB is instacast.

Nice, my 100 gems pull got me Vaan's God Mode.
It should be always like this.
So I currently have 3 BSBs: Pecil's, Vaan's and... Tiny Bee. No middle ground for me, it seems.
Now the question: what is a good ability setup for a generic Vaan? Lifesiphon + ...? Powerchain doesn't look necessary, given the BSB is instacast.

Lifesiphon and Thief's Revenge. Burst mode bumps his SPD high enough for five hits and it's basically a full self-heal to lighten your white mage's burden.

Falk

that puzzling face
Fashionably late to the party:

bHD7Eydl.png

iyz4Q8il.png

Scoop Art stronk

Anustart

I've done about 25 refreshes and have gotten about 15 of each orb? Maybe? Probably lower. Wish I could get 200 of each with 25 refreshes.

Also cleared my first 160 ultimate! Yay!

Kain

Playing this event got me wanting the remaster right fucking now. The music, the setting, the hunts... UGH I NEED THE REMASTER

Playing this event got me wanting the remaster right fucking now. The music, the setting, the hunts... UGH I NEED THE REMASTER

This has happened to me several times. FFRK prompted replays of FF4 and FF5. Hopefully a PC port of FF12 Redo is announced sooner rather than later.

Let me preface this by saying "don't hate me"

Ok i've got a serious conundrum.

Ramza - all soul breaks, dr mog as materia, LS and full break
Lightning - BSSB and SSB Lightning optimized equipment, power chain ->full break
Pecil - BSSB and SSB- LS and saints cross
Medica (Yuna, Porom, vanille, or Garnet if in FFIX) SSBs, curaja and flex - mako instant charge

Now the last spot - Vaan and his BSSB. I can make a third LS, and thief's revenge as the other ability. My question is with the "ace striker", battle forged abilities.

Is there a third boost SB gauge with attacks and abilities than those two? I currently have them on lightning and Pecil, should I swap one to Vaan?

I also got Faris's BSSB, should she be in the mix too? If shout wasn't a thing I think her and Ramza fit the same bill BUT shout-mets is too good.

No Sentinel Grimiore, so I don't have to worry about slotting in Tyro.

I know its not likely that others have this problem, I have had a lot of luck in my pulls since lightning's BSSB released.

Let me preface this by saying "don't hate me"

Ok i've got a serious conundrum.

Ramza - all soul breaks, dr mog as materia, LS and full break
Lightning - BSSB and SSB Lightning optimized equipment, power chain ->full break
Pecil - BSSB and SSB- LS and saints cross
Medica (Yuna, Porom, vanille, or Garnet if in FFIX) SSBs, curaja and flex - mako instant charge

Now the last spot - Vaan and his BSSB. I can make a third LS, and thief's revenge as the other ability. My question is with the "ace striker", battle forged abilities.

Is there a third boost SB gauge with attacks and abilities than those two? I currently have them on lightning and Pecil, should I swap one to Vaan?

I also got Faris's BSSB, should she be in the mix too? If shout wasn't a thing I think her and Ramza fit the same bill BUT shout-mets is too good.

No Sentinel Grimiore, so I don't have to worry about slotting in Tyro.

I know its not likely that others have this problem, I have had a lot of luck in my pulls since lightning's BSSB released.

a.k.a. "Should I destroy this ants nest with a A-bomb or a H-bomb?"

Answer: Does not matter, you will wreck everything that is not CM with many variations of setups available with your relics. Your current available setups are the definition of maximum possible overkill at this point in Global.

For real: Steiner's Knight's Charge, 1.25x soul break gain with abilities and taking damage. (Ace Striker/Battle Forged is 1.50x, without the taking damage part).

a.k.a. "Should I destroy this ants nest with a A-bomb or a H-bomb?"

Answer: Does not matter, you will wreck everything that is not CM with many variations of setups available with your relics. Your current available setups are the definition of maximum possible overkill at this point in Global.

For real: Steiner's Knight's Charge, 1.25x soul break gain with abilities and taking damage. (Ace Striker/Battle Forged is 1.50x, without the taking damage part).

Thanks, gracias,

I think I have that one, but if not orb fest is the time to farm materia.

Got Basch RM2 after killing +++ Gabranth, always satisfying and this was fitting. However, I ran the rest of the event with a party of 5 each needing a RM and nothing dropped. RNG you are funny!

Just ran the ultimate+ event for 9. Yeah Cuthbert you were right, I'm good.

Is the next "gamechanger" OSB? Because it would be nice to not have to worry about anything other than events and orbs for a while...

MrDaravon

Knocked out the FF12 event, will level up Gabranth (I egged him to 50) and knock out the new RM's doing orbfest refreshes hopefully.

Rest of this post is me mathing for future reference so I can bookmark it and can be safely ignored :p

I think the final ability list I'm looking at is going to be more or less this:

Dark Zone from r1 to r3
Saint Cross from r1 to r3
Powerchain from r2 to r3
Dragoon Jump r1 to r3
Sky Grinder from r1 to r3
Memento Mori from r1 to r3
Dark Bargain to r3
Lifesiphon from r3 to r4
Lifesiphon from r3 to r4
Blood of the Wyvern from r1 to r3
Wind Jump craft to r3
Ice Jump craft to r3
Lightning Jump craft to r3

And maaaaaybe the following:

Full Charge from r2 to r3
Thief’s Revenge from r2 to r3
Banishing Strike from r2 to r3
Bio Grenade from r1 to r3

Including the maybes that puts me at needing:

Major Black - 37.8 (currently have 117)
Major Dark - 89.1 (currently have 101)
Major Earth - 97.8 (currently have 123)
Major Fire - 100.2 (currently have 98)
Major Holy - 61.8 (currently have 81)
Major Ice - 42.6 (currently have 91)
Major Lightning - 121.8 (currently have 73)
Major Non-Elemental - 75 (currently have 114)
Major Power - 151.5 (currently have 92)
Major White - 24 (currently have 103)
Major Wind - 165.7 (currently have 58)

So in terms of catching up to currently available stuff I'm only short on Lightning, Power and Wind orbs (albeit by a fair amount on all 3) with Power and Wind both being on Phase 3 and Lightning being on Phase 4 so I can probably catch up on those 3. I also have about 200k greens so I can buy orbs if needed, but trying to put that off until it's absolutely necessary of course.

However on upcoming abilities I'm looking at (all to r3):

Chain Blizzaga (releases during the Paine event, ~4-5 weeks from now)
Chain Firega (releases during a FF9 event ~2 months from now)
Chain Thundaga (releases during the Larsa event ~10 weeks from now)
Gaia Cross (releases during Onion Knight event ~3 months from now)
Chain Spellblade Thunder (releases ~5 months from now)
Chain Spellblade Blaze (releases ~5 months from now)
Chain Spellblade Blizzaga (releases ~5 months from now)

Just for the upcoming abilities I would need:

180 Black
72 Non-Elemental
108 Ice
108 Fire
108 Lightning
36 Wind
36 Earth
60 Holy
180 Power
36 Dark

Going all out if I include the maybes AND future abilities I'm looking at needing the following:

Major Black - 217.8
Major Dark - 125.1
Major Earth - 133.8
Major Fire - 208.2
Major Holy - 121.8
Major Ice - 150.6
Major Lightning - 229.8
Major Non-Elemental - 147
Major Power - 331.5
Major White - 24
Major Wind - 201.7

Outside of White I don't currently have enough of any MO's to cover the above; I'm within ~50ish on some but not even close on others. Good news is that the Chain spells are still a good ways off, and the Chain Spellbades are a very good ways off (all 3 just hit Japan within the last few events) so that gives me a good chunk of breathing room, especially on the Spellblades which account for 180 of the 331.5 MPO alone.

I can tweak and add/remove things as needed but glad I finally sat down to put something together so I can at least pretend I have a plan and specific goals to shoot for.

2* FFXII sword from the event? There I was thinking 3* XII gear that plagues every 11 pull was bad...

More fashionably late and playing worse than Falk with a newer SB to boot. These Cid missions are bought to you by random summer lucky draw that gave me the BSSB made for these fights. Ultimate:
Gwadkt8.png

RW shout. Magic lure+reflect takes pressure off and they can use their own fire spells for my medal condition :p. Might have been possible with start reflect RM but better save than sorry plus my spellblade damage would suffer. Eiko actually used her attack command to cure herself (that's the RM attached) the early turns can be rough with actual physical or even magical before you get all mitigation going. Perhaps swapping reflect and shellga would make sense too.

Now Ultimate+:
KWHthPI.png
8w9Udfb.png
3jxnvh3.png

Shout RW. What else? That was a close call as the screenshots show (I couldn't see a HP bar on Zidaine at the paused moment that is how clutch it got, 1 KO and 1 damage medal lost). Stiener had double cast spellblade proc at the 50% HP point so yay Twister and erm Divine guardian wore off just after (despite having the SB for ages I've never been hot with this timing) so had to eat damage coming at 600 speed. Burst was initiated 3 times, 3rd being the killing blow. Maybe some resist accessories would have made sense but for 1 stamina aint nobody got time to look those up.

Ultimate+ can be a bit RNG. My first attempt was an S/L with turn 3 tidal wave hitting before I could even get full break+magic breakdown (let alone divine guardian+shellga)...that attempt also reminded me that the Zidaine BSSB has a faster charge time (as it is thief ability) than the Shout RW I cast before it so he did less damage.

As for orbfest I've been a filthy casual. 5 refreshes phase 1.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just ran the ultimate+ event for 9. Yeah Cuthbert you were right, I'm good.

Is the next "gamechanger" OSB? Because it would be nice to not have to worry about anything other than events and orbs for a while...

Technically right now the 'endgame' are Cid Missions, and that's highly variable depending on what you have or don't have per realm.

But yes, outside of that there aren't any real difficulty jumps till OSB comes around.

Technically right now the 'endgame' are Cid Missions, and that's highly variable depending on what you have or don't have per realm.

But yes, outside of that there aren't any real difficulty jumps till OSB comes around.

After FFIV cid missions (my second best synergy) was a fail I'm thinking the only CM I can reasonably do is FF13 maybe tactics. now since I got a medica. I'm just too spread out.

FFMafia

Have mercy on me. Just got 11/11 3 stars😔

Edit: I never figured out how to post an image or id post the pull just to show you the worst possible pull you could ever have

ultra7k

Debated on whether I should pull or not for the XII event since I have decent synergy. Figured what the heck, why not.

Did a 3 pull and managed to snag Basch's Defender.

I am pleased.

greyshark

After FFIV cid missions (my second best synergy) was a fail I'm thinking the only CM I can reasonably do is FF13 maybe tactics. now since I got a medica. I'm just too spread out.

Top tier SB's just make the Cid Missions too easy - I think they were tuned with the idea that you should try them without them. You're forced to be more creative with your strategy since you're also artificially limited by which roles you can bring, but there's almost always a no SB solution.

Falk

that puzzling face
[-img]https://imgur.com/EcGcoeQ.png[/img]

Remove the dash at the start

Incidentally, adding an l (lowercase L) to the end of the filename, i.e.

[-img]https://imgur.com/EcGcoeQl.png[/img]

gives you a large thumbnail

EcGcoeQl.png

edit: gdi gaf those aren't meant to be links

Anustart

Got Balthier's gun with a 5 mythril pull. This thing any good? Surprised it's a unique when it hits 10 times and gives blink. Thought would be super.

65 mythril to improve xii synergy nets me the judicier staff and basch defender, you can guess the three pull gained me the defender. I now have medicas via unique sbs for iii, IV, v, vii, viii, X, xii, xiii. Boostgas for v, vii, xii, Fft.

Underrated aspect t all these refreshes is clearing out old rw friends and adding some more exotic ones to the mix like edwards song of swiftness.

I netted enough summons orbs to r3 two of the future five star summons and r4 or 5 a level 4 if need be. I've probably done around 40 total refreshes and have 19 of the current characters to raise to 80 and 2 to get to 65. Then soon shantoto from 50-80, and the three new fft team from 1-80. I'm up 21m gold after dropping a load on up converting the first three orb sets. I think golbez and garland show up after the orb fest has closed, annoying,y enough.

Characters are drying up a bit now, aren't they?
After fest in event order
Golbez mc2
Garland, mc1, mc2

Cid Raines

Nothing new

strago mc2
Mog mc2

Paine to mc2

Nothing

Mc3 trickle begins

Shortly after we reach OSB/MC3s we will return to getting a new character with nearly every event.
- FFVII -
- FFIX -
Guy (II)
Larsa (XII)
- FFX -
Noel (XIII)
- FFIV -
Onion Knight (III)
Ayame, Curilla (XI)
- FFVIII -
Leo (VI)
Angeal (VII)
Dorgann (V)
Minfilla, Alphinaud (XIV)
- FFXIII -
- FFIX -
Seymour (X)
Gaffgarion, Orlandeau (T)
Cid (IV)

FFMafia

What's the next big thing people are saving for? I love tactics so I'm debating pulling one more time on x12 for vaans dirk or waiting on tactics.

What's the next big thing people are saving for? I love tactics so I'm debating pulling one more time on x12 for vaans dirk or waiting on tactics.

Nothing outside of celebrations, things like Vaan's bssb are really nice but no shout level game changer has come out in Japan afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom