• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 25 pull
IAQPFrJl.jpg

Healing Wind is cool, but I use Aerith a healer and this things MND is low while MAG is through the roof. Gonna need to grind out Healing Wind and then give it to one of my mages.

I use Aerith as my summoner and emergency aoe heal which is the best way to make use of her. Of course I also has Y'shlota's aoe heal so maybe I'm lucky :X

ZangBa

Every time I see that 200 gil bonus, I'm just like, why? I have about 10 million right now I think. Started playing during Golbez's event, I love this game.

MRGRGRGR

Why does sleep buster have such a terrible proc rate whenever I actually want to use it? But when it's randomly thrown on their due to optimize, it's like 100% accurate >_<

Red Mage

Tell me more about these end of month bonuses~

Here's November's:

http://m.imgur.com/8gdApLd. Each Weapon is Core synergy, so it isn't spectacular, but they're still better than a most free draws. They also are useful for Mondays, and teach a Core unit a new SB. Last month's was a bow for the Ranger. As you can see, it also gives out 10 large mats each, two sets of 100,000 and the last day is 5 mythril.

MrDaravon

Here's November's:

http://m.imgur.com/8gdApLd. Each Weapon is Core synergy, so it isn't spectacular, but they're still better than a most free draws. They also are useful for Mondays, and teach a Core unit a new SB. Last month's was a bow for the Ranger. As you can see, it also gives out 10 large mats each, two sets of 100,000 and the last day is 5 mythril.

Wow, so the last 10 days of each month are that drop table then? What about the rest of the month, still the same shit we got for dailies?

Got scared everyone

Edea had less then 5% hp left, then she used dispel and I had no more boon/carbuncle to use. Watching Vivi's SB slowly activate to finish her had me biting my nails. Champion obtained

I use Aerith as my summoner and emergency aoe heal which is the best way to make use of her. Of course I also has Y'shlota's aoe heal so maybe I'm lucky :X

I was lucky enough to get keepsake ribbon in the last lucky draws, so Aerith had become clutch for me in releasing that and having Cloud go nuts on a boss with a couple of saved up SB's (also lucky enough to have Organics, so that tend to be 60,000 in two SB's). So i like her as a healer, just so i know she can keep herself healed and out of trouble.
This one seems more specific to certain bosses.... like it would have come in handy against Edea and her damned Maelstrom, except i already beat her after tearing all my hair out.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, I may have very few unique SBs and zero shared SBs worth using (wru protectga/shellga bangles) but I have Planet Protector AND Deprotectga. Meaning since Vanille gets the WHM role (can't use Meteor), Aerith gets stuck with the summons.

Support with shitty 4* knives hitting for 9999 will never cease to amuse me.

edit: Just remembered I pulled 3 unique SBs yesterday. Dead Falk dream is dead, can't say I have few unique SBs anymore.

You know, I may have very few unique SBs and zero shared SBs worth using (wru protectga/shellga bangles) but I have Planet Protector AND Deprotectga. Meaning since Vanille gets the WHM role (can't use Meteor), Aerith gets stuck with the summons.

Support with shitty 4* knives hitting for 9999 will never cease to amuse me.

edit: Just remembered I pulled 3 unique SBs yesterday. Dead Falk dream is dead, can't say I have few unique SBs anymore.

Did you ever tell us what they are? (Beside the second Ribbon.)

2/55 for me (0/0/1/0/1). I got Fran's bow, 8 pieces of combine fodder and 2 sold junk.

I also completely forgot to do the Gunblade +++ battle due to the holiday. Whoops.

MrDaravon

Is it a known issue where you kill a boss but it doesn't start their death animation or whatever and you just get stuck and have to S/L? Had it happen twice now, both on "unique" (?) bosses, once on the sandworm with the three pits and again just now with the FFXIII Shiva/Nix fight. Wasn't an issue either time for me, but it would suck to have this happen at the end of some super hard epic battle.

Also finally was able to craft a Ruinga, Shellga, Waterja, Thunderja & Firega! I can't hone any of them yet, but tangible progress holy shit! I'm still obviously hurting for any 4/5* orbs, but 4* Dark, Earth and Black orbs are my biggest chokepoints right now along with 3* Black Orbs for some reason, no 3* Black Orbs are the only thing stopping me from making all of the 3* elemental sword strikes along with some hones. Generally following the ability/hone advice RD's post here and from this reddit post which mostly overlap. Now I'm at the point where I know what does I need to focus for on the Dailies. Excluding the last two I'm working on right now I'll have all of the Classic & Elite dungeons under ~63 Diffficulty cleared, trying to split my stamina between that and the daily dungeon on days where I don't need daily dungeon rewards super bad. Then on EXP dungeon and dailies where I need the orbs I'm just running that exclusively. Sitting on 103 stamina and 65 mythril.

Two quick questions:

Does Tempo Flurry do more/less damage than Double Cut? Guess I'm wondering why I wouldn't always use Tempo Flurry over Double Cut since it has the chance to proc Slow. I'm guessing it's something to do with the type of skill it is and who can equip what, but I'm curious what kind of damage difference it has.

Also how should I be using Growth eggs? Right now I generally level up a character to about 30 before bringing them in my party. Right now I'm trying to level BM to get his RMs and then I'll work on WM/SM next, but it's a total drag, dude sucks and I can't keep him alive to save my life. Should I just dump all of my Growth Eggs to level those three up to 50 just to not have to fuck with it? I've got about 100 Growth Eggs and 50 Greater Growth Eggs at the moment.

Well with tomorrow being the exp daily you might as well hold off until after that before egging the 3 of them. After that point you might as well just egg whatever core classes you have to 50 so that you can grind them on low stamina dungeons for their rm2 then dump them into your party box forever.

MrDaravon

Well with tomorrow being the exp daily you might as well hold off until after that before egging the 3 of them. After that point you might as well just egg whatever core classes you have to 50 so that you can grind them on low stamina dungeons for their rm2 then dump them into your party box forever.

Yeah, I meant to mention I'd wait until after tomorrow's daily either way. BM is only up to 32 and I haven't touched WM/SM at all I don't think. Even if I get BM to 50 tomorrow (no idea if I can or not) doing the daily doubt I'd get to the other two.

In general though how to people use growth eggs? Like are they meaningful post 50 or anything?

MicH

Don't use growth eggs on characters that are already level 50 or higher. It's just not worth it. Use the eggs to get them to 50, no more than that.

Yeah, I meant to mention I'd wait until after tomorrow's daily either way. BM is only up to 32 and I haven't touched WM/SM at all I don't think. Even if I get BM to 50 tomorrow (no idea if I can or not) doing the daily doubt I'd get to the other two.

In general though how to people use growth eggs? Like are they meaningful post 50 or anything?
32>50 might be a bit much for Sunday daily but sometimes you just have to keep working at it. If you get to the point where you are doing the elite that drops their RM2 you could throw some eggs.

Bearing in mind I have fairly large hoard of about 1000 normal, a few hundred greater and 27 major (which I'm gradually depleting) I use 2 or 3 major on event characters (kind of regret using them on Amarant though since there is no "don't get Amarant KOd" condition in any of the fights) and get them up to 50 on Sunday (usually when they are level 49 and less than 1 run of the daily away from capping I'll egg them then). For characters from dungeons I tend to use 1 major to bring them to level 31.

I wouldn't go into the Sunday Heroic or + difficulty (I'd also try to do the full the dungeon for the growth egg completion bonus) with anyone below level 30 though cores are practically a lost cause and are likely to get one shot regardless.

There is no point rushing to 65. Most frequently used characters in the Sunday daily (retaliator, black mage/summoner, white mage) will naturally get there. I you want to prioritize anyone, prioritize those who get a MC2.

Grr drop your stupid rmw already Garnet -.- spent over 150 stamina between last night and this morning in the easy event dungeon with no luck

MicH

The magic pots have been very generous to me today. So far I've gotten six greater orbs and one major orb today. That's much more than what I usually get

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't keep any eggs in reserve. I use what I need to get my relevant event characters near or to 50, and then I redistribute the rest to my lowest level characters. The result is that I have characters that I have literally never used but are level 30+. I'm pretty happy with that.

nacarelli

Neo Member
Two quick questions:

Does Tempo Flurry do more/less damage than Double Cut? Guess I'm wondering why I wouldn't always use Tempo Flurry over Double Cut since it has the chance to proc Slow. I'm guessing it's something to do with the type of skill it is and who can equip what, but I'm curious what kind of damage difference it has.

Same damage (1,7x), but it's a celerity type, not a Combat one. Honestly, I don't use Double Cut anymore, but I've got to admit that my hones on other 3* and 4* Combat abilities are pretty high atm.

Anyway, unless you still use Advantaliate strategy and/or are beginning the game now (since Double Cut is a 2* ability), there's not many uses for it that cannot be done in other ways.

MrDaravon

Yeah I think tomorrow I'll get BM as high as I can (doubt I'll get to 50, probably low to mid-40s at best) then dump all of my eggs into getting him to 50, as well as WM/SM. I'd have to actually pull stat sheets to compare, but in the mid-30s BM dies constantly, and I didn't have this problem with any other named character what I would egg up to ~30 then drag along with me. It's incredibly annoying.

Same damage (1,7x), but it's a celerity type, not a Combat one. Honestly, I don't use Double Cut anymore, but I've got to admit that my hones on other 3* and 4* Combat abilities are pretty high atm.

Anyway, unless you still use Advantaliate strategy and/or are beginning the game now (since Double Cut is a 2* ability), there's not many uses for it that cannot be done in other ways.

That makes sense, figured it was the type of skill and not everyone could equip it that could equip Double Cut because otherwise why would that skill exist.

The magic pots have been very generous to me today. So far I've gotten six greater orbs and one major orb today. That's much more than what I usually get

Started a battle as I was reading your comment, got 1 MIO, 1GNO. That was good luck! They also gave me a few GO earlier today.

LucaMac

Can record materia drop for a dead character? Hard to keep these core characters alive in + Daily

I doubt it but don't know for sure. Having similar problems myself. Been running dailies with 'need to drop RM' groups for the last week or so. Just Ninja, Gladiator and Ricard haven't dropped and they keep kicking the bucket. I'm letting a lot more stamina go to waste due to the frustration of s/ling.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hadn't played this game in months, but I saw the black friday 11 free rolls and ended up getting 3 5-star weapons, including Amarants (who I proceeded to grab from the event). So I guess I'll play it a bit.

MrDaravon

Got sick of dragging BM around, so I just used most of my eggs and took BM, SM and WM straight to 50, straight up fuck them lol. Doing the dungeon to get the first BM MC right now so I can at least get Mana Spring I; only thing that "sucks" is that Vivi is the only Black Mage I have right now that can break the level cap or that I have a MC for (outside of Strago but he apparently sucks right now?) and Vivi is at 30 so I'm going to need to level him up so I can actually equip Mana Spring. Only really a bummer because I've already got Terra and Rydia maxed out at 50, but leveling up more people is always good so whatever.

I miiiiight be able to swing the battle to get the BM RM2, it's an 80 difficulty but I actually have okay FF3 RS, especially with armors. For the RM2 requirements where you have to satisfy X condition (in this case BM can't die) do you still have to get Mastery to get the RM, or is all that matters that you fulfill the condition to get the RM? If that's the case I might be able to tank it potentially.

Was already using Lenna and just now hit 50 with her and I had her MC, so that works out there so she's got Concentration I on now at least. I miiiiight be able to swing the battle to get WM RM2 but it'd probably be dicey, especially since I have no FF9 RS except for the Brigadine + from the current event. Will probably put that off a bit, especially since I'm probably pulling on the 2nd FF9 banner so maybe I'll have some luck on RS there. Also a ways off from being able to get the Summoner MC (it's on an 89 difficulty), but I don't really have any summoners who have or can break the cap to equip Summoning Spring that can also use my Valefor except Eiko who I'd have to fully level to 50, and Tyro. I'm using Tyro for support right now on his way to 65 so I guess having free Valefors with him wouldn't be terrible but eh.

No 100 gem pull. Thanks for saving me money dena.

1 3 pull thre 3 duds

2nd 3 pull 2 5s.... Vi flame shield (wut) and ix sash with protect sb. Am I never going to get a retaliate weapon for this realm? I've pulled one rod two light armors and two wizard hats for ix over the course of the game.

Edit oh I'm dumb I must have pulled on the first banner twice. Ugh,, so my 100 pull was a four I've already maxed.

MrDaravon

Oh god the new banner is up

I desperately need FF9 gear (as well as in general tbh), this banner has good mage stuff by all accounts and I have the mythril, but I don't want people to yell at me for pulling :(

Razmos

Only doing the 100 gem pulls on these banners. I actually need more synergy for FF9, but I have a Diamond Sword (5*) which is pretty decent and has gotten me through all the content so far.

I'm just going to save up for the SSB fest and the hopes of getting Rinoa's SSB.

Today's 100-gem draw got me a 4* Empyrean Staff (FFXII) which I combined into a 5*, not bad! Now I have a good mage weapon for XII :3

Road

Did one pull on Eiko banner and got a 3* shield....... Want to try more in this banner because it's really good, but I'll wait until the last day of it, because maybe the ssb fest banners will be translated and we can get confirmation of what will be available and I'll know if there's anything better worth saving all my mythril.

Doing bonus battle tomorrow. Need some GIO.

No 100 gem pull. Thanks for saving me money dena.

1 3 pull thre 3 duds

2nd 3 pull 2 5s.... Vi flame shield (wut) and ix sash with protect sb. Am I never going to get a retaliate weapon for this realm? I've pulled one rod two light armors and two wizard hats for ix over the course of the game.

Edit oh I'm dumb I must have pulled on the first banner twice. Ugh,, so my 100 pull was a four I've already maxed.
You don't need a retaliate weapon for each realm (especially if you're using Advance) unless you want to solo stuff. The whole point of retaliate is that it's cheap strategy (in cost not as in cheating).

100 gem got me a 5 star cat claw which is ff9 synergy which means I really never need to pull on a 9 banner as I now have 4 natural 5 star weapons

MrDaravon

Did a 100 gem pull, got a 3* FF4 sword.

Of course FF4 is the only realm that I actually have good weapon RS across multiple types/characters with.

And so now with this my initial spend in the game of 1000 gems is used up, with a total of 9 3* items and 1 4* item.

I'm getting Falked pretty hard here. I really want to do an 11-pull to see if I can go 0/66. This is morbidly fascinating at this point.

Xetherion

100 gem pull got me a 5*... the Healing Rod. I've already got Aerith's and Selphie's aoe heals, i don't need a shared aoe heal. Oh well, at least i have a 5* RS healer weapon for IX now.

nacarelli

Neo Member
Did a 100-gem pull and got a 3*.

Did a 50 mythril pull and got a Cypress Pile! First 5* natural mage rod (have a Silver Barrette and a Fujin's Chakram, but I don't think they count) and I'm a week one player. With this and Lucky Draw results, I definitely cannot complain about my pulls lately.

I have like 0 synergy for IX on either Mage or Melee weapons... However, I was able to master everything including +++ with my mage party. I wonder if I should do a 50 Mythrils pull... I have like 160 right now that I am saving for the SSB fest. Eiko's flute should be in there, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom