• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Decided to do two 11-pulls on this banner as I have no IX gear. Ended up with the generic fist, the Protectga Sash and Garnet's Storm Staff. Pretty happy, though I was hoping for Eiko and Vivi's weapon + the Coral Sword

WarAdept

Did an x11 pull and got Eiko's Golem Flute and Genji Armour.

Love that I got the Golem Flute, but I really want Vivi's Cypress Pile.

But SSBreakfast is just around the corner and you need, what, 250 mithril for that?!

broz0rs

Not directly related to FFRK, but Costco is selling $100 iTunes gift cards for $80. So if you're addicted to 100 gem, the Cult of Three, or 11 pulls this is a good offer to save some money. Offer ends tomorrow Sunday iirc

Vilifier

Neo Member
I got lucky with my 50 mythril pull and got Cypress Pile and Defender. Decided to save the rest of my Mythril for the SSB fest.

Negator

Man Soulcage is a giant RNGfest. Magic Breakdown, Shellga, and Stoneskin II and I could still barely survive all that garbage lol.

ARGH

I totally didn't realize I still had Garnet in the front row until the final battle of the boss rush, where he killed her on the final attack just barely leading to a loss of mastery :(

Guess I'll try again tomorrow

This has to be the most annoying boss rush, all 3 fights are gimmick boss fights none as bad as sand worm but all irritating in their own right.

Gravijah

Did an x11 pull and got Eiko's Golem Flute and Genji Armour.

Love that I got the Golem Flute, but I really want Vivi's Cypress Pile.

But SSBreakfast is just around the corner and you need, what, 250 mithril for that?!

Too bad there's no trading! I ended up with Cypress Pile, but was hoping for Eiko's Golem Flute. No complaining though, my only other mage weapon before this pull was Terra's Enhancer.

I have about 30 mythril now. I'll definitely have 50 by RoR, but hoping to hit 100. I REALLY needed mage stuff, so I just bit the bullet and pulled on this. I'm pretty happy with this pull, my biggest weakness in harder stuff was dealing with trash, so now with Vivi+Mana Spring II+Ruinga, I should be in great shape.

Falk

that puzzling face
ARGH

I totally didn't realize I still had Garnet in the front row until the final battle of the boss rush, where he killed her on the final attack just barely leading to a loss of mastery :(

Guess I'll try again tomorrow

This has to be the most annoying boss rush, all 3 fights are gimmick boss fights none as bad as sand worm but all irritating in their own right.

I just looked at the fights, said screw this, and went with 2BLM 1WHM 1SUM, debuff guy, and Medica II for the first two bosses.

Falk

that puzzling face
F1GEUW5.gif

Xetherion

Soulcage is the toughest boss fight in a long time. Almost all aoe attacks, physical and magical mitigation needed (fuck Blind, Soulcage kept hitting at least one person even when blinded anyway), immune to all other statuses including Slow, and it hits like a freaking truck so SG/SS2 is absolutely required on top of shellga, protectga, and magic + power breakdown.

Even with all that mitigation I had to have Aerith spamming Renewing Cures every turn, and had two close calls where 2 people were both 1 hit from death but her SB had charged just in time to get Healing Wind off before the next attack hit.

Oh and it's tanky as shit, Lv. 79 Cloud with Steiner's Defender (5* RS sword), Boost, Advance, and Armor Break still only hit for 7200 due to its high Def, and its high HP meant all my buffs had to be refreshed before it died, and I was nearly out of uses of my R3 Power/Magic Breakdowns when it finally died.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, I thought I was going to pro-juggle Soul Cage by lining up Firaja-Ifrit-Waterga every time right after he took his turn so that he'd get hit twice for 9999 and then get cooled off before he got his next turn.

Waterja's shorter cast time screwed me up so many times. (Don't have Blizzaja still because I'm such a scrooge)

Xetherion

Man, I thought I was going to pro-juggle Soul Cage by lining up Firaja-Ifrit-Waterga every time right after he took his turn so that he'd get hit twice for 9999 and then get cooled off before he got his next turn.

Waterja's shorter cast time screwed me up so many times. (Don't have Blizzaja still because I'm such a scrooge)

You actually don't want to cool off Soulcage if you're gonna burn it, because it gets a free Fire Blades reaction attack every time it enters Burning mode. If you're gonna use Fire, just go full Fire attacks and leave it burning.

Balphon

If you want it to get fewer turns you'd be better off hitting it right before it attacks since it will use its attack to counter you when shifting into fire and loses its turn when it shifts back to normal.

Really, though, you'd be better off leaving it in fire to avoid the counter. Its stats go up but it still has the weakness.

EDIT: Now that I read again that's probably what you were trying to do. In any event, the thing has like 350 SPD so timing attacks would be problematic even if Water weren't on a faster timer.

LucaMac

Holy shit balls. Got my best pull of all time on the second XI banner. Defender, Storm Staff and Ice Staff as well as 5 4*s only one of which wasn't a duplicate of something I already had.

Boss rush is still nasty even with all that synergy though. I think I made a mistake letting Steiner join in because of his shiny new sword. Doing nothing except soaking up hits and not very well at that. Should have brought Gilgemesh even though he's capped.

Beat Soulcage on my first try but I can tell that fight will be a royal pain if it decides to act cute. Blind is a must.

Didn't use Mustard Gas once. AoE spam all day.

11 pull was a bit of a dud. I got 1 5* and it was the light armour.
My fault for making remarks about the storm staff, I've some great pulls in the past so having some more average ones is understandable

I still lack AoE haste or healing and you kind of want both for misfortune exdeath in a few months :( The next FFX banner has lullaby rod which is great AoE heals but I don't really want the rest of that banner and that relic did return for the SSBfest in Japan.

Holy shit balls. Got my best pull of all time on the second XI banner. Defender, Storm Staff and Ice Staff as well as 5 4*s only one of which wasn't a duplicate of something I already had.
Its always nice to hear when someone gets a good pull.

Can record materia drop for a dead character? Hard to keep these core characters alive in + Daily
If they die during the battle, definitely as the drop is determined at the start of the battle. If they are dead upon entering, unsure.

I personally run anyone who needs RM drops on the classic side of an event as the tiny bit of EXP you get from non-Sunday is better on non-core characters.

Falk

that puzzling face
Thank God Lulu is soon. Running out of mages to spam Ruinga in the Sunday daily. Strago is 65 (lol) and Maria is 63 now.

WarAdept

The temptation to do another 11x pull for another shot at Cypress Pile, since neither of Vivi's weapons seem to be in the Rift of Recollection.

Decided to do two 11-pulls on this banner as I have no IX gear. Ended up with the generic fist, the Protectga Sash and Garnet's Storm Staff. Pretty happy, though I was hoping for Eiko and Vivi's weapon + the Coral Sword
Is this actually a saught after weapon? I was disappointed when I got it as a 100 gem pull, because I wanted a mage gear. Are it's max stats really good or something?

WarAdept

Is this actually a saught after weapon? I was disappointed when I got it as a 100 gem pull, because I wanted a mage gear. Are it's max stats really good or something?

Stronger than Steiner's Defender and boosts Lightning damage for Spellblade users. Plus good IX gear, especially melee gear is exceedingly rare.

MicH

Couldn't resist doing a 3-pull and got a Coral Sword! Awesome! Did one more and got another Coral Sword :lol No Cypress Pile or Golem Flute, but I have a ton IX synergy. Out of mythril now, so I hope they delay the SSB Celebration to 2016 :p

You don't need a retaliate weapon for each realm (especially if you're using Advance) unless you want to solo stuff. The whole point of retaliate is that it's cheap strategy (in cost not as in cheating).

One of my goals with pulling on all banners is to focus on acquiring a retaliate weapon per realm. So to that end I need one for ix. Do i need one to clear the content, of course not.

Road

Boss rush and Lani were easy, but Soulcage is confirmed for hardest +++ in months.

It has the usual first round bullshit, where unmitigated AoE can kill your weakest party member (Vivi, noooo!), but even after Shellga/Protega/Sentinel Grimoire, its DPS is still very high due to 90% of its attacks being AoE and the absurd 350 Speed. It doesn't help you have to bring Zidane, who is a handicap to this fight since he can't use Breakdowns or Spellblades, making you lose both damage taken and inflicted.

Ashe didn't get to cast a single Firaga, but I'm glad I brought her because ghetto 900 hp AoE heal made a difference. It had been awhile since I had one char only healing every round.

One of my goals with pulling on all banners is to focus on acquiring a retaliate weapon per realm. So to that end I need one for ix. Do i need one to clear the content, of course not.

Ah, well, if that's your personal completion goal.

MrDaravon

Do we have any insight on when we might get confirmation on how/when the SSB fest would be happening in the west? Holding out on pulling on the 2nd FF9 banner to see if we get news before it goes away. I really want to pull on it and probably still will anyway, but if we're getting SSB in like 2 weeks I might hold out completely for that.

Finally just said f it and made Valefor and honed him to r2 need only 2 more gso for r3. Even at r2 though with summon pool 2 its a beast pretty much an instant win button in today's daily doing way more damage then ruinga. Really glad I just bit the bullet and made him makes grinding the dailies a lot easier.

Falk

that puzzling face
Do we have any insight on when we might get confirmation on how/when the SSB fest would be happening in the west? Holding out on pulling on the 2nd FF9 banner to see if we get news before it goes away. I really want to pull on it and probably still will anyway, but if we're getting SSB in like 2 weeks I might hold out completely for that.

Only yardstick we got at this point is "Sometimes DeNA puts banners up a day or two before to mess with dataminers lol"

Jyrii

Banned

Not that it is that 100% accurate, but kongbakpao puts it after two events: Third pilgrimage on December 1st and Assassin in black on 8th. I don't think they will run two events at the same time, so my guess would be on the 15th.

When people say they're saving mythril for the ssb event are they talking about the rift of recollection or the actual ssb celebration that is many events away?

MicH

There are typically SB celebration banners during special events like that. We previously got them with the Festival of Gold and Forbidden Treasures events. The only time we didn't get one was with the Orb event

MrDaravon

Fuck it, I guess I'll save my Mythril. Really want to pull on the FF9 banner since I have zero FF9 RS, it apparently has good mage stuff, and I'm also dying to know if I can go 0/66 but I might as well wait ~3 weeks I guess. I've got 75 Mythril right now but I also have way more opportunities to earn Mythril than most folks since I still have a ton of Classic/Elite dungeons ahead of me, I haven't mastered most Dailies on the last two difficulties, etc.

There are typically SB celebration banners during special events like that. We previously got them with the Festival of Gold and Forbidden Treasures events. The only time we didn't get one was with the Orb event

Personally I preferred the half of garunteed unique sb 5 star over just a random jumble of good 5 stars with non unique sbs mixed in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom