• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Xetherion

I'd also appreciate an animation speed option. It feels like half the fight is taken up by loot drops and walking to next round even at battle speed 5.

I'm not bothered by those because i don't watch them. Once i hit "Begin Battle" i do something else and don't even look at my phone.

Pejo

It's nice to have native Hastegas for CM. I also have Heroic Shield and it served me well during the last III event CM. But yeah it's a very old, outdated relic and obsolete if you have OK burst.

Pretty sure the EXP stages are the ones that drop OK motes. Haven't started this event yet myself, but that's how it worked in the last III event.

Awesome thanks, I assume they only drop from the higher level EXP stage, so I'll farm that one.

friz898

Awesome thanks, I assume they only drop from the higher level EXP stage, so I'll farm that one.

I don't remember what kind of gear/levels you have, or in this case, more specifically, Wind synergy..

...but I finished O Knight yesterday by doing the Ahriman mote dungeon over and over. I got 4 or 5 total. Don't remember how many I needed, but it seemed to drop about once every 4 wins.

I made a more detailed post previously about how I was farming him, but basically I just had dual medicas and 3 Wind bursts.

Pejo

I don't remember what kind of gear/levels you have, or in this case, more specifically, Wind synergy..

...but I finished O Knight yesterday by doing the Ahriman mote dungeon over and over. I got 4 or 5 total. Don't remember how many I needed, but it seemed to drop about once every 4 wins.

I made a more detailed post previously about how I was farming him, but basically I just had dual medicas and 3 Wind bursts.

Ah, cool. I have Luneth and Zack BSB's, so Wind is probably my strongest overall synergy, Maybe I'll try that if the current event's drop rates are low.

friz898

Ah, cool. I have Luneth and Zack BSB's, so Wind is probably my strongest overall synergy, Maybe I'll try that if the current event's drop rates are low.

I used Luneth's as a RW one time.

That interrupt effect kept landing almost like a chain-stun.

I'd like that relic just in general, I use Dismissal a lot.

Zack? I have air strike and apocalypse. But not familar with his Burst.

And really, if *I* can do it, it's easy. First round was Fullbreak, Shell, Prot, and Magic breakdown. After that, the two medicas (Oveila and Relm) took turns.

Oh also, Aphinaud was nice. Has an Air burst, but really I liked Deployment tactics because Ahriman does a ton of AE magic spells.

I found it easiest with Wall, but I did it with Luneth as a RW and also with various USBs.

My MVP for the fight was Zidane's burst, followed by Fang's Firewind or whatever it is.

Edit: Also if you're running out of spots to equip abilities, Protectga not really needed. It may help a little, but not really worth the slot.

Finished VII Torment earlier today, my third one so far. I guess it has a reputation for being the easiest one, but I had a tougher time with it than V. I kept having to S/L because the boss zeroed in on Aerith and kept torching her before she could fire off her SB to silence the minions. Even after I managed to silence them, the boss is pretty resilient. I brought Cloud, Luneth, and Fang, all with their wind-elemental BSBs, so I expected to steamroll him, but it was a struggle.

Next up, X. I don't have a ton of water stuff overall but I do have Tidus at level 99 with his BSB and OSB.

For II, I have Maria with her BSB at level 80, really want to get her up higher before I try and tackle the Torment but I'm fresh out of Memory Crystal III's until Sunday.

scy

No reason to pull anymore until extreme fest, every banner is trash and what is not trash will be on the fest together with better things (Squall, Shanttoto and Rapha). Time to hoard 300+ mithril brehs.

Then right after the fest we will have Cloud USB, but that shit is better as RW anyway so idk... I guess it will be good to have two sources of if and two turn every single boss in the game.

Worth noting that none of those relics were on any Extreme Fest banner but that's subject to change for global I suppose; not many of these upcoming banners were on the JP Extreme Fest lineup, actually. But, yeah, outside of synergy, the banners on the way to Extreme Fest aren't "must pull game changing" levels. Though I'd argue Yuna USB is probably above Shantotto's (or, hell, Lion's ATK-variant on Vaan BSB as the XI banner prize anyway) as far as "that'd be great to have" relics.

Also, Magicite dungeons you can't RW Cloud USB! But then you're brute forcing around a mechanic at that point so probably not the biggest of deals anyway.

I wrote out a very sincere post about you and this game. Then I decided it was way too much for the internet.

Someone made a wonderful post about 6 months ago on a non-FFRK thread, I think about mobile games. They said "it's basically the perfect game for me".

As soon as I read that, I was like, Ya me too.

Unless you need to go. Like you care too much or you spend too much on it. Don't. Just login once a day, get your mythril and leave. It's not like the events have anything game changing for you.

Haha now you got me really curious. But yea, I will not leave yet. I only spend on 100 gems and I don't care that much, but I am a completionist. One who discovered his limit when weighing the good and the bad of trying Boundless Nemesis in a mentally harsh time of his life. I am happy that I was able to just not bother with it without feeling that I "failed" the game. I know I could have done it, just did not have the patience and my time was better spent elsewhere. Still want to do all the other content, though.

I will just auto-battle through the events when I am busy doing something else. Think I just got burned by second anniversary not so good luck, farming a lot and my current state of mind in real life. Will let Stamina overflow a lot for a few days while still trying to complete the events. We'll see how it goes. 120 Stamina dungeons will be great to not waste Stamina while lowering farming time.

Pejo

I used Luneth's as a RW one time.

That interrupt effect kept landing almost like a chain-stun.

I'd like that relic just in general, I use Dismissal a lot.

Zack? I have air strike and apocalypse. But not familar with his Burst.

And really, if *I* can do it, it's easy. First round was Fullbreak, Shell, Prot, and Magic breakdown. After that, the two medicas (Oveila and Relm) took turns.

Oh also, Aphinaud was nice. Has an Air burst, but really I liked Deployment tactics because Ahriman does a ton of AE magic spells.

I found it easiest with Wall, but I did it with Luneth as a RW and also with various USBs.

My MVP for the fight was Zidane's burst, followed by Fang's Firewind or whatever it is.

Edit: Also if you're running out of spots to equip abilities, Protectga not really needed. It may help a little, but not really worth the slot.

Zack's Burst is Wind Imperil, and basically the same commands as Luneth's minus the interrupt, great synergy with Luneth. I also have all of Tyro's SB's, so this sounds pretty doable for me. I'll give it a shot, thanks!

evangd007

No reason to pull anymore until extreme fest, every banner is trash and what is not trash will be on the fest together with better things (Squall, Shanttoto and Rapha). Time to hoard 300+ mithril brehs.

Then right after the fest we will have Cloud USB, but that shit is better as RW anyway so idk... I guess it will be good to have two sources of if and two turn every single boss in the game.

Joke's on you, I already have 300 mithral.

Fests are overrated. All you end up with is 10 copies of Red Jacket and the consolation prize BSB. Why were you even on that banner Krile?

friz898

Am I just unlucky or does the WoFF behemoth 140 battle always have his counter meteor stance up?

Ya, a couple of us cried about it last week.

I personally think it's bugged or something.

Anyway, use Summons, a team of all Summons will destroy the fight.

Edit: Well got Cloud of Darkness up to 80. The RM1 and RM2 are not really anything worthy of mention. l didn't know we were getting a new heal. I need to read up on it.

Xetherion

Am I just unlucky or does the WoFF behemoth 140 battle always have his counter meteor stance up?

There is no visual indicator of when he leaves the stance, but there is an audio cue. It kinda sounds like a whooshing noise.

Also according to the AI thread on reddit he always leaves the stance after his 2nd turn in the stance, so just count 2 attacks and then you know it's over.

friz898

There is no visual indicator of when he leaves the stance, but there is an audio cue. It kinda sounds like a whooshing noise.

Also according to the AI thread on reddit he always leaves the stance after his 2nd turn in the stance, so just count 2 attacks and then you know it's over.

I generally play without Sound, no wonder it was so difficult for me. Summons however took it out first try.

Ahnez

Actually, while it is on counter stance, its aura is much brighter, and once the stance ends, the aura reverts to the regular Ultimate glow

Rubenov

After countless hours finally beat the FF X Torment Cid Mission. It was harder and took me longer than the hardest difficulty of Nemesis.

Didn't help that I have never pulled on a FFX banner, but I manage to scrounge up a couple SSBs from a Lucky Draw, and pulled Tidus' OSB during the anniversary. The OSB was pretty much the only source of real damage I had (And it doesn't hit that hard... had +30% element RM, and put some rosetta stones into it... yet it was hitting for like 69k boosted).

What finally did it was switching my RW to Deployment Tactics. Alphinaud coming through once again... the man, the beast, the legend.

Now I've completed Cid Missions for all mote dungeons and all released Torments so far. I refuse to let any content get the best of me!

friz898

After countless hours finally beat the FF X Torment Cid Mission. It was harder and took me longer than the hardest difficulty of Nemesis.

Didn't help that I have never pulled on a FFX banner, but I manage to scrounge up a couple SSBs from a Lucky Draw, and pulled Tidus' OSB during the anniversary. The OSB was pretty much the only source of real damage I had (And it doesn't hit that hard... had +30% element RM, and put some rosetta stones into it... yet it was hitting for like 69k boosted).

What finally did it was switching my RW to Deployment Tactics. Alphinaud coming through once again... the man, the beast, the legend.

Now I've completed Cid Missions for all mote dungeons and all released Torments so far. I refuse to let any content get the best of me!

Good.

But screw Cid Missions!

I think you're overselling Cloud USB a bit. Are you regularly hitting all 9999 with multi hit SSBs against difficult bosses? If not it won't even do anything.

The video of someone doing like 800k damage with it was against an ancient boss that was a really low difficulty

Anustart

Daily mythril count check in for accountability. Have 22, 1 sitting in chest to make 23, with 1 more from 2nd 3 raid difficulty.

No, spend, til fest time!

Anustart

Sure feels better hoarding mythril.

Used to get 5 mythril, try to talk myself into saving, pull, no shake, force close app.

Now I just chillax.

Ugh.. The 110 mission in the ff3 event is kicking my ass..
Team is
Quina 65
Vanille bsb mistelteinn//quina ssb golden hairpin
Beatrix 55
Zanketsuken//diamond armor
Orlandu 85
Orlandu osb saintly excalibur// alphinaud ssb evoker doublet
Agrias 65
Agrias osb ragnarok//sabin ssb sabin's armlet
Ashe 60
Ashe osb durandal//alphinaud ssb evoker doublet

I don't have many abilities..
I can pick up most -aja level black magic but i doubt they would make much of a difference..
I ave shellga but not protectga..
I have armor and magic brea..
Also got dispel and bahamut..
Still no dice...
Halp!!

LucaMac

There should be an option where it auto completed the first part of the event if your party's total level is higher than a certain threshold or something.

Because no one is having difficulty with any of this stuff up to the middle of Part 2 due to OSB RW's one shotting everything.

I suggested exactly this during the survey they handed out coming up to the anniversary. Unlikely, but it's clearly something the player base would appreciate.

LucaMac

I think you're overselling Cloud USB a bit. Are you regularly hitting all 9999 with multi hit SSBs against difficult bosses? If not it won't even do anything.

The video of someone doing like 800k damage with it was against an ancient boss that was a really low difficulty

I dunno. I have it in Japan and it's fairly damn good. I've done well over 99k damage to torment bosses while stacking imperils. 27k per hit... The new difficulty gimps it a bit because everything is generally resistent to all elements to counter it. But with three levels of imperil it can still get them to a slight weakness. Of course RW it and using non elemental attacks is great too. I have it and I still mostly RW it for hard contebt...

evangd007

Ugh.. The 110 mission in the ff3 event is kicking my ass..
Team is
Quina 65
Vanille bsb mistelteinn//quina ssb golden hairpin
Beatrix 55
Zanketsuken//diamond armor
Orlandu 85
Orlandu osb saintly excalibur// alphinaud ssb evoker doublet
Agrias 65
Agrias osb ragnarok//sabin ssb sabin's armlet
Ashe 60
Ashe osb durandal//alphinaud ssb evoker doublet

I don't have many abilities..
I can pick up most -aja level black magic but i doubt they would make much of a difference..
I ave shellga but not protectga..
I have armor and magic brea..
Also got dispel and bahamut..
Still no dice...
Halp!!

General Advice:
- Telling us what gear you have equipped is usually not important unless you are trying to tell us what SBs you have available
- That having been said, if you have Vanille's BSB, you should be using her. Transcendent Dream is a top 5 healing BSB.
- If Beatrix does not have a non-default SB, you should use someone else. Like Vanille.
- Ashe does not benefit from Quina's ATK buff, so you should consider using a physical character in her slot instead.
- Make protectga. If you don't have the orbs, take a break from the event and go into realm dungeons to get them.
- If you're hitting weakness, -aga level black magic is usually good enough.

Questions about the specific fight:
- What skills are you running on each character?
- What RW are you using?
- Are you having trouble dealing damage or staying alive?

What's the verdict on Aegis Strike? Thinking about shattering both copies for the crystals

I use it occasionally where holy AoE is needed, which is more often than you might expect.

That's about the only use case, though.

Consensus is go ahead and shatter it. Its defense scaling system is pretty much broken. Crystals are more useful elsewhere.

If you have Cele's Runic or Indom blade, it can be quite useful to throw out there particularly against weak or imperiled groups. I rarely use it frankly, but keeping one copy is low impact.

friz898

Well in my quest to do the hard stuff.

I have now completed all Mote dungeons. Ifrit was the hardest for me, and I'm not sure really what I did different this time.

I do know Edea's Ice Burst was MVP and a lot of fun.

I also cleared another Torment. The FF7 one.

To whoever suggested Aerith SB, thank you. Then I saw I had Reno's Turkbomb shell and that was even better. But outside of silence and a little black magic, Reno (nor Aerith) were doing enough damage. I eventually just got silence to land from Silence Shell.

What I have left to do is about half of the Torment fights and half of the Nightmare battles.

Rubenov

In Reddit there's a bunch of threads form people asking for help to beat Torment X Cid Mission.

Funny, it's the one I posted about I had the most trouble beating (as I mentioned, around 5 times the amount of time it took me to beat Boundless Nemesis).

Geosgaeno stays slaying.

friz898

I just beat the FF2 Torment. The three gigas.

That one was especially hard until I found the right mix of healing/support.

Firion was MVP this time.

Firion (99) Fire Blossom // Life Siphon -- Has BSB w/Blink
Rosa (99) Shellga // Curaja -- Was there just for Medica w/Blink
Alphinaud (99) Bioga // Blizzaja -- Main purpose was medals and Deployment Tactics
Relm (99) Protectga // Curaise -- Medica w/Last Stand
Mog (80) Multibreak // Curaga -- Atk/Mag Debuff SSB

RW: Wall

Firion was brought a long to help dispose of trash and his Instant Blink BSB. I brought Fire Blossom just for medals against Ice Gigas, but it turns out he 2 shots all 4 or 5 Bomb-trash with straight 9999's every time. It was beautiful.

It went really easy. Then when only Ice Gigas was left, I was out of Wall, and it became Medica-Blink-Last Stand city. One cool thing, with deployment tactics up, and wall down, when he did AE Blizzard it took like 10k of his own life.

So that leaves 2 left. FF10 and FF5.

I want to thank the game for giving me this Unique SB (they still give those?) that takes 50% of Desch HP when he uses it and that they could not bother to call anything more creative than "Gauntlet"...

MrDaravon

....I got OK's OSB from my 100-gem pull.

I now have all of OK's relics, and I got 2 of them from 100-gem pulls (BSB/OSB), 3 if you include a dupe OK Sword I pulled on a 100-gem pull. How ridiculous lol

Argh, even with the wisdom motes from tonight I still don't have enough to get Black Magic 5 for Quistis. :(

This raid was the fist time I've geared Onion Knight for magic, usually use him physical, and dang... dude hits like a truck with black magic.

Second slot was Tyro with Multi Break and the MAG debuff dance. He spent the whole time cutting a rug and firing off his USB when available, while OK brought the pain. Smooth sailing on both difficulties.

Anustart

Sweet. Wisdom motes let me dive Balthier pretty far.

Got spell blade 5 and some bitching stats. Think he'll be moving in on bartz spot :( goodbye little buddy. Bartz been on my a team for a year.

With no synergy, balthier sitting at 9 less attack then bartz, but in back row.

Top Bottom