• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Rubenov

I tried Brave Exvius for a while but it didn't hook me like FFRK did.

I feel FFRK does everything better, except the story (and graphics, but I don't care about those).

friz898

I tried FE and it seemed cool enough, but I'll just wait for FE on Switch or something.

Tried Mobius and Brave Exvius, like another posted, I was done with them both after 1-2 days.

Maybe I should try Brave Exvius again. I think it was something about it's combat system that seemed different or off.

As of now, I only play FFRK and I play Evilbane by Netmarble. I run a guild on that. Those two games take up all my gamer time really.

Off-current-topic:

I counted it all up for how many OSB/BSB/SSB I have for each type of element. Next I guess I will add up all my blinks and stat buffs/debuffs on a list as well.

Fire - 8
Ice - 2
Earth - 2
Lightning - 3
Wind - 4
Water - 1
Holy - 9
Dark - 5
Non-E - 11 (Not sure if will ever need that)
Ranged Dmg - 12

Medica - 7

I think blink is like 3 or 4 different relics.

See my luck? Blows my mind that a couple of you guys don't have Holy, I guess I'm lucky on that one.

Edit: Update from my Ahriman Farming Post from this morning -- Gotten 2 more Onion Motes. I would say it roughly seems to be about 1 for every 4 or 5 kills. I need one more mote to be done with Onion Knight.

Kenai

Mobius did learn from the Tidus backlash (I started it up a month ago out of boredom sitting on Mythril) and Persona ect)

No pay as only way to get the card anymore but no longer guaranteed way to get it, it (and all future event cards) are rare additions to the draw pool now. The got a bit less generous with the event ability cards, but none of those are super important compared to grinding out seeds and augments, which isn't near as grindy as it used to be thanks to Gigantaur terrace and the new island thing.

I have a hard time telling what is and isn't "legend" job cards but they have definitely added good ones to the normal job draw so it's w/e.

Story ranges from solid to ho-hum but the main character (s) are pretty sarcastic bastards so it's entertaining enough.

I still keep coming back to FFRK. As a FE fanboy I am kinda bored with Heroes ever since they stopped the orbs flowing. It it weren't for stuff like the Gantlets I'd never get orbs. It's new tho so I let them figure things out for a bit.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Oh thank Zeus. Everything finally came together! Too late for the leaderboard but my OCD has been satiated.

N3XqeK5l.jpg

kW26oZFl.jpg

wecieI0l.jpg

I don't even know how many hours and s/l's I spent on that turd. I bet I spent at least 6 hours a day every day since his release trying to beat him. It shouldn't have been taken that long with my team but, for whatever reason, I just could not get the win.

My heart was beating so fast during this run as I made quite a few mistakes. I went into his final phase with only 1 SB bar on Edge. I had piece of paper that I was keeping track of who had Last Stand up, how many hits I had until counter-ultima, and what turn it was for Nemesis. Somewhere during his 3rd phase I lost track of everything and had to just guess which of my characters had LS up but RNG was with me for once and I can finally focus on something else.

Thanks again for the tips, suggestions, and encouragement GAF!

Rubenov

^^ Now that's a good story of perseverance!

Honestly I wished super bosses like Nemesis were more frequent. It's a good challenge and makes you think a lot about optimization, tweaks.... I've seen so, so many different victorious teams' compositions.

Man I absolutely thrashed the Torment CM this time around. Don't think any of my guys ever even dropped below 75% HP.

Didn't have to S/L or use hit/run for SB gauge either. Just hit Drawtaliate on Orlandeau starting out, Lifesiphoned with Agrias and Gaffgarion through trash while Orlandeau countered. By the time I got to the boss Agrias had 2 SB bars, so she just hit Divine Ruination twice back to back (which certainly lived up to its name, doing 160k total damage / round). Since it was stacking holy imperil on the boss, and Ramza had used Shout, all of Orlandeau's OSBs against Belias were doing 99999. Three rounds of Divine Ruination killed all the minions without anyone else even needing to touch them and by that time Belias was practically dead since he'd already been OSB'ed twice and been hit by everyone else as well.

In the meantime, he could barely damage me anyway because Ovelia's SSB was giving Magic Blink, and the minions' physical attacks were barely scratching me since I had RW Wall.

Whole thing only took about 5 or 6 minutes from the time I entered the dungeon.

Syntsui

Man I absolutely thrashed the Torment CM this time around. Don't think any of my guys ever even dropped below 75% HP.

Didn't have to S/L or use hit/run for SB gauge either. Just hit Drawtaliate on Orlandeau starting out, Lifesiphoned with Agrias and Gaffgarion through trash while Orlandeau countered. By the time I got to the boss Agrias had 2 SB bars, so she just hit Divine Ruination twice back to back (which certainly lived up to its name, doing 160k total damage / round). Since it was stacking holy imperil on the boss, and Ramza had used Shout, all of Orlandeau's OSBs against Belias were doing 99999. Three rounds of Divine Ruination killed all the minions without anyone else even needing to touch them and by that time Belias was practically dead since he'd already been OSB'ed twice and been hit by everyone else as well.

In the meantime, he could barely damage me anyway because Ovelia's SSB was giving Magic Blink, and the minions' physical attacks were barely scratching me since I had RW Wall.

Good, I'll try in a few minutes, I have almost all the relics for the realm.

Rubenov

Similar to mine with a few exceptions:

- Used Draw Fire on Agrias, did not use Retaliate. By getting hit instead of registering as a "miss" with Retaliate, I'm able to build much more SB energy. Having Lionheart equipped boosts this by a lot. Due to the 100% defense boost provided by Draw Fire (Gaia's Cross is the same boost), trash was hitting her for like 200, which was insignificant. I topped the 3 bar limit a few times and had to use her BSB just to get rid of bars.

- I only used Divine Ruination on the boss round once, then Agrias and Cid OSB'ed Belias. It was also over very quickly. I simply ignored the minions. I guess this one could go either way.... I just didn't feel it was necessary to kill them. I tried to slow Belias but missed... he died before my 2nd attempt. I did slow him on my 250 run.

- Had Mustadio blast off his Pentabreak AoE a couple of times there at the end too, just for funsies (and additional mitigation). RW was Wall.

Similar to mine with a few exceptions:

- Used Draw Fire on Agrias, did not use Retaliate. By getting hit instead of registering as a "miss" with Retaliate, I'm able to build much more SB energy. Having Lionheart equipped boosts this by a lot. Due to the 100% defense boost provided by Draw Fire (Gaia's Cross is the same boost), trash was hitting her for like 200, which was insignificant. I topped the 3 bar limit a few times and had to use her BSB just to get rid of bars.

- I only used Divine Ruination on the boss round once, then Agrias and Cid OSB'ed Belias. It was also over very quickly. I simply ignored the minions. I guess this one could go either way.... I just didn't feel it was necessary to kill them. I tried to slow Belias but missed... he died before my 2nd attempt. I did slow him on my 250 run.

- Had Mustadio blast off his Pentabreak AoE a couple of times there at the end too, just for funnies (and additional mitigation. RW was Wall.

Yea, if I had had Agrias's OSB I would have done the same as you. Only have BSB and both SSBs though so I decided to take them all out by spamming DR.

Anustart

I have basically no tactics relics outside about, mustadio gun and ovelia medical. Cleared d200 easy, prolly won't be able to do d250

Rubenov

I have basically no tactics relics outside about, mustadio gun and ovelia medical. Cleared d200 easy, prolly won't be able to do d250

You may want to give it a try.... I don't know if this is the Anniversary power boost effect but this torment felt way easier than prior ones. Even the trash seems significantly less dangerous.

Edit: Also I think all the Nemesis prep and actual challenge set the standard for higher difficulty content... so this Torment, being the hardest content right after Nemesis, can't really compare.

Balphon

Most dangerous thing Belias has is Petrify, which isn't a problem if you kill him quickly and/or have astra but will screw you over pretty quickly if you don't.

I thought the D250 was pretty hard, but it was probably because I didn't bother changing out of my CM team for the D200. Gaffgarion was useless so I ended up basically CM'ing the D250 with 4 people, lol. Took about 10-12 S/Ls but finally got it done.

Torment 200 and 250 done on my first try and the first time I complete a lvl250 fight. I pulled Agrias BSB, Cid OSB and Vaan's BSB during the anniversary, so I had no excuses.

Agrias was MVP during the trash phase with command 2 and 1.

Zerg rush Belias with Divine Ruination x3, Ramza as entrust battery, Cid's OSB up the ass and Vaan with 3 layers of magic debuffs.

9Djy7Wkl.jpg

Negator

So... what other gacha games do people play?

I used to play Love Live SIF. I played it for a little while and never really spent any money. I lost my account about 6-7 months in as an upgade caused it to lag to shit, and I tried to re-install the app and didn't write down any of my account information. Whoops! I probably could have recovered my account if I cared enough, but the game was getting old anyway.

I got into Terra Battle for a while, after I completed the main scenario all that was really left was grinding low level characters up and the appeal faded pretty quickly.

I then started playing FFRK first week and have been playing almost every day since launch.

While playing FFRK, I got tired of waiting for stamina and downloaded Puzzle and Dragons, and PAD is pretty much now my primary game that gets most of my focus.

I played FF Brave Exvius for about a month, and got really sick of the grind. The grind was way too much.

friz898

They addressed and resolved the Missing Torment dungeons.

Speaking of it, I'm attempting for my very first time. The trash used up all my hones because I planned everything around the fight. Time to take more than just bladeblitz.

Edit:

Ok first real try:

Unintendedly, I took out the 3 demons at the very end, but Belias still wiped floor with me. I was actually trying to take Belias out first with WoL Holy OSB. I brought Agrias BSB as my RW even though I already have it Native. I'm going to try with my same setup, but bring Wall this time.

Also, I need to figure out a way to work Magic Breakdown in, Full Break and Shellga and perhaps Wall won't be enough. Maybe I could forego Esuna..

friz898

Second Try.

Killed all demons and took Belias to 60%. I had plenty of hones left and I think I could have done it, but one of the spells took out Oveila, and while I was res'ing her planning for a Medica, they took out 2 others.

I think I can do it, but it takes so long just to get there that I'm not going to try again today.

I was using Agrias with her BSB, WoL with his OSB, Cid with Seraphic Ray, Oveila and her medica, and O Knight for mini medica plus breaks.

Edit: As for Tactics Synergy, Agrias is stacked and Oveila is good with her medica, but I dont have anything for Ramza or TGC.

Second Try.

Killed all demons and took Belias to 60%. I had plenty of hones left and I think I could have done it, but one of the spells took out Oveila, and while I was res'ing her planning for a Medica, they took out 2 others.

I think I can do it, but it takes so long just to get there that I'm not going to try again today.

I was using Agrias with her BSB, WoL with his OSB, Cid with Seraphic Ray, Oveila and her medica, and O Knight for mini medica plus breaks.

Edit: As for Tactics Synergy, Agrias is stacked and Oveila is good with her medica, but I dont have anything for Ramza or TGC.

It sounds like you got to the boss in pretty good shape, in that case instead of full wiping just S/L if things aren't going your way. No point redoing the entire dungeon

friz898

It sounds like you got to the boss in pretty good shape, in that case instead of full wiping just S/L if things aren't going your way. No point redoing the entire dungeon

Well I've been double dipping Ruinga and Bladeblitz to get the job done. I just assumed they'll be exhausted for the boss.

I've never actually S/L, what do you do, just as soon as boss loads before anyone dies, close the window, and when you come back, everybody will be at full health? And I must do this before someone dies or just S/L before the last person dies?

I mean, I know what S/L is, but I've never used it, haha.

Well I've been double dipping Ruinga and Bladeblitz to get the job done. I just assumed they'll be exhausted for the boss.

I've never actually S/L, what do you do, just as soon as boss loads before anyone dies, close the window, and when you come back, everybody will be at full health? And I must do this before someone dies or just S/L before the last person dies?

I mean, I know what S/L is, but I've never used it, haha.

Wow... welcome to FFRK lol. You have to do it before you wipe, but you can do it anytime something undesirable happens. Hell i do it at the beginning of a round sometimes if I don't like my starting ATB gauges. Just kill the app on your phone and reopen it, takes like 10 seconds max. You start over at the beginning of the round. Not full health, just with same hones and health as when you started it originally

Now I understand why you've been having trouble with ultimates and harder events :)

friz898

Wow... welcome to FFRK lol. You have to do it before you wipe, but you can do it anytime something undesirable happens. Hell i do it at the beginning of a round sometimes if I don't like my starting ATB gauges. Just kill the app on your phone and reopen it, takes like 10 seconds max. You start over at the beginning of the round.

Now I understand why you've been having trouble with ultimates and harder events :)

Well I didn't discover it until attempting my first nightmare dungeons, so I guess a year ago, but I had already been playing a good amount by then. Since I didn't frequent this forum at the time, I slowly figured out what it was from seeing it pop up on occasion whenever I would google how to beat a Nightmare or U+ fight.

By the time I figured it out, most fights to me have been black and white. I either win it, or miss it by like one turn, or I'm nowhere close so no desire to try again. I have little patience as I always state. But lately I've been on a winning streak and now I really want to beat the Torment dungeons. I plan to try the others after FFT one is finished.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: I just made another attempt. I was 2 moves from beating it. Bringing Relm with last stand medica was killer vs. Cyclops. But my Wall ran out, and I should have used my new found skill of S/L but I was soooooo close I risked it, and didn't exit in time.

Does anyone have any tips for Infinity Nemesis? I'm going to have a last run at him tonight.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Onion Knight // Access to both Vessel of Fate (For Haste/Burse) and OSB Sword & Spell

Alphinaud // Deployment Tactics

Eiko // Guardian Mog

Selphie // Dreamstage

Keeper // SG

My thinking is basically this:
  • Give Keeper & Eiko starting SB gauge; Keeper so he can pop Wall right away and Eiko so she has an instant full-heal + Last Stand ready to go
  • Have Selphie & Eiko have Protega/Shellga, one each, + Curaja. Have them buff & heal as necessary all fight.
  • Have Keeper just alternate Full Break, Magic Break & SG renewal.
  • Have Onion Knight pop Vessel of Fate to haste the party (and remove slows) as necessary, then spam Swiftspell. If I end up with bar to spare, use the OSB.
  • Alphinaud: Use my highest-honed non-elemental magics, and keep renewing Deployment Tactics.
  • Take Edge for my RW to give myself last stand out of the gate and a second 'oh shit' emergency deployment of it if I need it

I tried with this before and got slammed despite what I think is an amazing set of relics. Ideas and suggestions welcome!

Wow... welcome to FFRK lol.

The first couple months I was playing the game, I didn't like to do this-- it felt like cheating. But after a few times where a boss one-shotted characters right at the outset of a battle, literally before anyone in my party had a chance to take any action, it started to feel more like leveling the playing field lol.

The first couple months I was playing the game, I didn't like to do this-- it felt like cheating. But after a few times where a boss one-shotted characters right at the outset of a battle, literally before anyone in my party had a chance to take any action, it started to feel more like leveling the playing field lol.

Yea, at this point if it were cheaing they would have removed it from the game. I have no doubt they even design encounters with S/L in mind, because they know everyone is going to use it. So I think using it is "working as intended", and not using it is just intentionally or unintentionally gimping yourself for no good reason.

Anustart

1/11 on lucky draw, balthier osb.

On one hand I'm grateful because 12 is a weak realm for me, on the other hand, wish it wasn't a shit item.

1/11 on lucky draw, balthier osb.

On one hand I'm grateful because 12 is a weak realm for me, on the other hand, wish it wasn't a shit item.

Whoever's in charge of handing out relics in this game needs to go back and play FF12. They seem to be under the mistaken impression that Vaan is the leading man, not Balthier.

Syntsui

Got Balthier OSB, Maria Thunder Imperil SSB, Yda AoE Def/Res breakdown SSB and Thancred BSB (Dupe).

This is legit, my lucky in these last 4 pulls is out of this world. My Kain will bust some asses when I finish leveling him up.

Anustart

Got Balthier OSB, Maria Thunder Imperil SSB, Yda AoE Def/Res breakdown SSB and Thancred BSB (Dupe).

This is legit, my lucky in these last 4 pulls is out of this world. My Kain will bust some asses when I finish leveling him up.

I've gotten 4/11 once in over 2 years. How everyone except me pulls 4+ constantly just blows my mind.

Rubenov

Why is everyone hating on Balthier's OSB?

Even if you don't care about an OSB (they're all very similar) this gun is the strongest ranged physical item you can equip on someone.

I have Vaan moted to carry guns, and he can sit in the backrow and unleash unmitigaed physical damage. Fran can be moted to carry guns as well, which would let her deal more damage from the backrow than with her bows. Tyro and OK (when moted) can use it as well.

I like its versatility and damage so much I put some Rosetta stones into it.

Anustart

Even if you don't care about an OSB (they're all very similar) this gun is the strongest ranged physical item you can equip on someone.

I have Vaan moted to carry guns, and he can sit in the backrow and unleash unmitigaed physical damage. Fran can be moted to carry guns as well, which would let her deal more damage from the backrow than with her bows. Tyro and OK (when moted) can use it as well.

I am liking it for that reason. I already stoned it some. Above 160atk from back row not shabby.

friz898

Ok, I beat d200 Torment FF Tactics.

I'm sure someone out there is as non-leet as me, so will post what worked for me.

Agrias (80) LifeSiphon // Banishing Strike -- Holy BSB
Oveila (80) UltraCure // Curaja -- Medica w/Magic Blink
Pecil (99) Shellga // Bladeblitz -- Holy BSB
Relm (99) Curaise // Diaga -- Medica w/Last Stand
Mog (80) MultiBreak // Dancer Magic Breakdown -- Heroic Harmony SSB (Atk/Mag Debuff)

Agrias landed her Holy BSB 3 times for the big debuff. Her BSB and Pecils BSB took out the arch demons on the side.

Switch to Multibreak with Mog instead of Fullbreak with O Knight helped out a lot.

Switching to Pecil with Holy Burst and Holy AE Cmd 2 instead of WoL with Holy OSB made a big difference to.

Relm and Oveila taking turns casting medica with magic blink and last stand seems almost too good.

My RW was Wall, having Native Wall so I could use it more than twice would have been really helpful.

I won't attempt d250 yet. Now to move on to another Torment. Is there one that's considered the easiest?

Anustart

Ok, I beat d200 Torment FF Tactics.

I'm sure someone out there is as non-leet as me, so will post what worked for me.

Agrias (80) LifeSiphon // Banishing Strike -- Holy BSB
Oveila (80) UltraCure // Curaja -- Medica w/Magic Blink
Pecil (99) Shellga // Bladeblitz -- Holy BSB
Relm (99) Curaise // Diaga -- Medica w/Last Stand
Mog (80) MultiBreak // Dancer Magic Breakdown -- Heroic Harmony SSB (Atk/Mag Debuff)

Agrias landed her Holy BSB 3 times for the big debuff. Her BSB and Pecils BSB took out the arch demons on the side.

Switch to Multibreak with Mog instead of Fullbreak with O Knight helped out a lot.

Switching to Pecil with Holy Burst and Holy AE Cmd 2 instead of WoL with Holy OSB made a big difference to.

Relm and Oveila taking turns casting medica with magic blink and last stand seems almost too good.

My RW was Wall, having Native Wall so I could use it more than twice would have been really helpful.

I won't attempt d250 yet. Now to move on to another Torment. Is there one that's considered the easiest?

Yea, torment is the only thing I use my ss2 from Ysh. All other content I rw wall.

Also did find out, since I did ffx torment, that my rikku burst is junk.

I did the same, mainly because I also have Vaan using guns with his BSB and also Irvine's Pentabreak. Augmented it to 15, it's now my 2nd strongest weapon behind Gilgamesh's OSB which is also augmented to 15.

Now that I've beaten a Torment I'm taking another look at some of the earlier ones... Setting up a CM team that makes sense for some of these is a real puzzle! As opposed to Tactics where between holy-weak enemies, Cid and Agrias, Ramza, Mustadio w/ pentabreak, Ovelia with a magic blink SB... I'd almost be hard pressed to assemble another team that's any better than the CM team.

friz898

Now that I've beaten a Torment I'm taking another look at some of the earlier ones... Setting up a CM team that makes sense for some of these is a real puzzle! As opposed to Tactics where between holy-weak enemies, Cid and Agrias, Ramza, Mustadio w/ pentabreak, Ovelia with a magic blink SB... I'd almost be hard pressed to assemble another team that's any better than the CM team.

I use to always get the CM for d160s but not even going to try for Torments.

Edit: for FF5 Torment, the 3 little trolls or whatever. What is better, a Mage Team or a Melee team? I'm thinking setup properly either could work. I'm also thinking Deployment Tactics may be good in this situation. I guess I need to do a lot of AE damage to avoid one dying and being revived.

Top Bottom