• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Rubenov

I use to always get the CM for d160s but not even going to try for Torments.

Edit: for FF5 Torment, the 3 little trolls or whatever. What is better, a Mage Team or a Melee team? I'm thinking setup properly either could work. I'm also thinking Deployment Tactics may be good in this situation. I guess I need to do a lot of AE damage to avoid one dying and being revived.

I just slaughtered the pigs for the first time today with a Mage team.

Used Raines (BSB) and Maria (BSB) as DPS since their commands are AoE, Tyro for absorbing all ST physical attacks with Draw Fire (kept the Wall running no prob) and Multi-break dance, as well as two healers (Sarah - Blink, and Eiko - BSB/Valigarmanda for medal conditions).

Unless doing a specific CM, I always do the Torments with 2 healers (especially the d250). Success rate has been very high since I started doing this.

Rubenov

I won't attempt d250 yet. Now to move on to another Torment. Is there one that's considered the easiest?

The FFVII one is universally considered the easiest, given you can silence the flames. Aerith Default SB can do this for you if attempting to Cid Mission it.

friz898

The FFVII one is universally considered the easiest, given you can silence the flames. Aerith Default SB can do this for you if attempting to Cid Mission it.

Good to know. I'll try that one after this FF5 one.

I should have thought about Cid R's Burst. I used that AE command to kill the Mandagoras on second try when it was a d160 (or was it d140?)

Wow, first Torment dungeon I even attempted in a while, and the CM was easy (Cid, Agrias, Ramza, Gaffgarion for... reasons?, Ovelia). The d250, at least, was Cid, Agrias, Ramza, Vanille, and Firion.

There was more holy thrown around than at the fucking Vatican.

friz898

Wow, first Torment dungeon I even attempted in a while, and the CM was easy (Cid, Agrias, Ramza, Gaffgarion for... reasons?, Ovelia). The d250, at least, was Cid, Agrias, Ramza, Vanille, and Firion.

Nice quote.

I understand why and stuff, but why tease with a "slight" weakness.

Edit: for FF5 Torment, the 3 little trolls or whatever. What is better, a Mage Team or a Melee team? I'm thinking setup properly either could work. I'm also thinking Deployment Tactics may be good in this situation. I guess I need to do a lot of AE damage to avoid one dying and being revived.

I just beat it for the first time with Gilgamesh (BSB), Faris (USB), Alphinaud (BSB, Titan, Valigarmanda), Exdeth (Grand Cross), and Y'shtola (BSB). So a mixed team but most of the damage came from the mages. RW was Stoneskin II, I tried using Vessel of Fate but just Shell was not enough to mitigate the incoming damage.

Balphon

Pretty sure I don't have the holy damage to do that FFT CM before Belias starts petrifying people.

Doesn't help that Ovelia is basically the only WHM I don't have a SB for.

Anustart

I need 4* wisdom motes. Bad.

Also, don't think I'm spending any mythril until that ff8 event. Bonus because I have shit 8 synergy, and there's great stuff on there.

Although, I need ff4 stuff too, I have absolutely 0 ff4 relics outside of Rosa bsb and ssb.

Lmao

Torment VII and X d250 done. I can't believe how good Vanille's BSB is, saved my ass multiple times with the instant medica. I brute forced both with imperil holy and Cid's OSB.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Really, really tempted to pull on the Agrias banner for that AoE holy + imperil. Then I just think, naw, I won't bother with the Torments and I can move on. lol

Really, really tempted to pull on the Agrias banner for that AoE holy + imperil. Then I just think, naw, I won't bother with the Torments and I can move on. lol

Even ignoring torments, a decked out Agrias is one of the best characters in the game. I use her for just about everything.

Anustart

I'm looking to replace Bartz even if just temporarily. Only have his ssb, but his spellblade is so good and I like the defense from his ssb, and it hits hard.

Balthier might be a contender if I can dive him to spellblade 5, but I literally have 1 wisdom mote.

Kenai

Even ignoring torments, a decked out Agrias is one of the best characters in the game. I use her for just about everything.

I love Agrias, only reason I haven't tried to pull for her stuff more is because I got BSB and OSB for Beatrix which are nearly identical effects.

Still gonna pull for Rafa stick if I can scrounge up enough mythril for that + FFXI banner. Those are my last vices before the next FFVI banner a few months from now.

WarAdept

Playing through The X Records dungeon on my partner's account without any game changing relics apart from Shout and using no 5* abilities.

Struggle town, but I'm managing lol. I'm using characters like Amarant, Gordon and Wol and it's a refreshing pace to RAINES PEW PEW PEW.

Kain

Just beat torment CM and 250, first time I beat a 250 one. I think I'll try the other 250 now, my team is crazy strong and I think it can be done with my fully stacked Yshtola and Aerith plus whatever DPS suit best

Anustart

Yay 10 mythril. Goal is to have 200 for ff8 banner that's upcoming.

Going to post total here every so often so I don't lose sight of my goal, get weak, pull then be sad.

Sitting on a nest egg of 11 mythril now :(

Hopefully this easter event gives 10+ mythril.

Dead topic today.

Edit: fellow keepers, any of you alive?

Yay 10 mythril. Goal is to have 200 for ff8 banner that's upcoming.

Going to post total here every so often so I don't lose sight of my goal, get weak, pull then be sad.

Sitting on a nest egg of 11 mythril now :(

Hopefully this easter event gives 10+ mythril.

Dead topic today.

Edit: fellow keepers, any of you alive?
i am :p
and i have a similar target :)
we'll see how it ends though :p

Xetherion

I'm alive, just farming orb fest 'til it ends. Then I will finish up the WoFF event and start the III event that drops tonight.

I have ~200 mythril right now but there's a bunch of upcoming banners I want to pull on. Based on this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/614wmw/banners_to_save_up_for_after_anniversary/

FFXI - at least one pull here, need RS besides Shantotto staff.
FFT - at least one pull on 2nd banner, have some RS but could use more
FFXII - at least one pull on banner 2 for more RS/more holy gear
FFIV - banner 1 looks amazing, at least one pull here
FFVIII - at least one pull on banner 1
FFV - banner 2 has imperils for 3 elements that i have strong SB's for but no imperils, so i'd like to do a pull here

Even if i only do 1 pull on each banner that's 300 mythril, and i need to save up for the next fest too. I might have to skip one or two of these banners, but i don't know which one(s)...

Inbachi

Neo Member
Does anyone have any tips for Infinity Nemesis? I'm going to have a last run at him tonight.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Onion Knight // Access to both Vessel of Fate (For Haste/Burse) and OSB Sword & Spell

Alphinaud // Deployment Tactics

Eiko // Guardian Mog

Selphie // Dreamstage

Keeper // SG

My thinking is basically this:
  • Give Keeper & Eiko starting SB gauge; Keeper so he can pop Wall right away and Eiko so she has an instant full-heal + Last Stand ready to go
  • Have Selphie & Eiko have Protega/Shellga, one each, + Curaja. Have them buff & heal as necessary all fight.
  • Have Keeper just alternate Full Break, Magic Break & SG renewal.
  • Have Onion Knight pop Vessel of Fate to haste the party (and remove slows) as necessary, then spam Swiftspell. If I end up with bar to spare, use the OSB.
  • Alphinaud: Use my highest-honed non-elemental magics, and keep renewing Deployment Tactics.
  • Take Edge for my RW to give myself last stand out of the gate and a second 'oh shit' emergency deployment of it if I need it

I tried with this before and got slammed despite what I think is an amazing set of relics. Ideas and suggestions welcome!

I tried various setups with Alphinaud in my party (posted last page) in place of Edge but, for whatever reason, did worse every time I tried. If you take Deployment Tactics as your RW, two casts is enough to last the whole fight if you're careful with the timing.

I would put either Knight's Charge or the other RM (one that raises SB bar when receiving damage; forget the name) on Eiko as you'll probably be using her USB the most and you'll be taking a lot of damage. You don't have medica BSB's? That will make things really tough I think.

I'd give Selphie your other starting SB meter RM and time it to go off right after the first Boundless Ultima (cast it just after the second time he flashes). You have to make sure you can get Wall up, Pro/Shellga up, and still survive the first two attacks though.

If you take DT as your RW you'll have to experiment when to use it. For the longest time I was using the first charge right away but I ended up running out of both uses before he was dead. On my winning run I delayed using the first charge until around his second Boundless Ultima. At that point I had all my buffs and his debuffs up. It was kind of demoralizing because you're taking a pounding for a long time and doing no damage to him vs using DT right away but you make up for that in phase 2 and 3 when he really goes nuts.

I ended up winning using only OK's BSB cmd 2 and reflected damage for DPS; Edge a bit too I guess. Phase 3 is butthole clenching time and you'll ideally want 2-3 charges of Eiko's USB ready to go. Keep track of who lost their LS and try your best to direct the OHKO to those that still have it active. Reapply after 2-3 characters lose it or if you know somebody that already lost theirs will die next turn.

I think it'll be very difficult without a healer BSB but give it a shot. Good luck!

friz898

Wall:

Some of you I know keep a close eye on relic information on Reddit.

Do any of you know off the top of your head when either:

1. SG or SS2 will be available again
2. Is there any body new coming out with Wall, or some upcoming USB Wall that sets the new standard?

I've never chased a relic. But right now Wall is kind of like Wheel of Fortune. Everybody kept guessing "RSTLN E" to the point where they just started giving you those for free.

In other words, I need to quit using RW Wall because if keeps me from doing other things that are more fun like specific Bursts or OSBs.

FF3:

Any relics a big deal tonight? I have pretty good FF3 Synergy.

We get a new character tonight, did I read that right? "Cloud of Darkness" ??

Syntsui

Wall:

Some of you I know keep a close eye on relic information on Reddit.

Do any of you know off the top of your head when either:

1. SG or SS2 will be available again
2. Is there any body new coming out with Wall, or some upcoming USB Wall that sets the new standard?

I've never chased a relic. But right now Wall is kind of like Wheel of Fortune. Everybody kept guessing "RSTLN E" to the point where they just started giving you those for free.

In other words, I need to quit using RW Wall because if keeps me from doing other things that are more fun like specific Bursts or OSBs.

FF3:

Any relics a big deal tonight? I have pretty good FF3 Synergy.

We get a new character tonight, did I read that right? "Cloud of Darkness" ??
Wall will get useless like in a matter of days as every single boss will pierce. Don't worry about it.

friz898

Wall will get useless like in a matter of days as every single boss will pierce. Don't worry about it.

Well that makes me feel better, but it sure would be useful for Torment, Mote, and Nightmare that i am about halfway done with as a collective.

Syntsui

Well that makes me feel better, but it sure would be useful for Torment, Mote, and Nightmare that i am about halfway done with as a collective.
Oh, sure. For current content it is most definetely the most important relic by far.

You could try Tyro Selection banner, but the risk is absurd. I don't think we will get wall again in the future though.

friz898

Oh, sure. For current content it is most definetely the most important relic by far.

You could try Tyro Selection banner, but the risk is absurd. I don't think we will get wall again in the future though.

Thanks.

Not surprised since people say they didn't mean for it to break the game.

scy

SG is in the Select Banner 3 whenever we get that, SS2 is on Y'shtola's USB banner in like nearly 4 months but then you risk pulling her USB. There's no other Walls I remember seeing from looking through future banners but there's more and more piercing attacks in the future which makes wall useless (+ Magicite stuff that forces RW Wall anyway).

Cloud of Darkness from what I've read is basically a standard Dark mage with Black/White access, does have Radiant Shield on her BSB entry; Luneth's OSB is pretty good, and his BSB is here too, but there's nothing specifically "must pull for." Banner 2 has all of OK's relics so it's a good shot at trying for his OSB, BSB there so that's the bigger banner of the two imo.

friz898

SG is in the Select Banner 3 whenever we get that, SS2 is on Y'shtola's USB banner in like nearly 4 months but then you risk pulling her USB. There's no other Walls I remember seeing from looking through future banners but there's more and more piercing attacks in the future which makes wall useless (+ Magicite stuff that forces RW Wall anyway).

Cloud of Darkness from what I've read is basically a standard Dark mage with Black/White access, does have Radiant Shield on her BSB entry; Luneth's OSB is pretty good, and his BSB is here too, but there's nothing specifically "must pull for." Banner 2 has all of OK's relics so it's a good shot at trying for his OSB, BSB there so that's the bigger banner of the two imo.

Awesome, Thank you.

Only one item from the new III banner was not going to help my bad III situation, Elder Staff. What do I pull? Yea...

Losing patience with this game. Could not get the mental energy to do Nemesis, got tired of Orb Fest grinding, dreading going through the 10 easy levels of the new event... Maybe it's time and that Elder Staff was a reminder that shit doesn't change much. I don't want to feel like this, though. Sucks...

Only one item from the new III banner was not going to help my bad III situation, Elder Staff. What do I pull? Yea...

Losing patience with this game. Could not get the mental energy to do Nemesis, got tired of Orb Fest grinding, dreading going through the 10 easy levels of the new event... Maybe it's time and that Elder Staff was a reminder that shit doesn't change much. I don't want to feel like this, though. Sucks...

The inability to breeze through, well, everything up to and including the +, ++, and +++ stages of new events is what gets me. It's such a waste of time and serves absolutely no useful purpose. It's my #1 complaint about the game.

Syntsui

Continuing my luck streak, I pulled Arc's BSB from the 100 Gem. It's trash so idk, I don't really care about CMs, they are glorified self-imposed difficulty.

WarAdept

The inability to breeze through, well, everything up to and including the +, ++, and +++ stages of new events is what gets me. It's such a waste of time and serves absolutely no useful purpose. It's my #1 complaint about the game.

There should be an option where it auto completed the first part of the event if your party's total level is higher than a certain threshold or something.

Because no one is having difficulty with any of this stuff up to the middle of Part 2 due to OSB RW's one shotting everything.

I'd like an option to auto battle the entire dungeon, spend the stamina upfront and fight through 9 rounds including the final boss.

The results/items screen is the worst offender, I hate that part and the 2-3 second animation showing a major orb or important items.

Anustart

Stay strong, don't spend mythril anustart!

Nothing on this banner is tempting, and banner 2 is a bust as well. Already have ok burst.

I'm safe until next event, then temptation will strike.

Xetherion

There is an auto battle function you guys...

I auto battle through everything until i get to the + battles. Well I turn auto off for 90 and 99 difficulty bosses, but i auto through all the trash rounds of those stages.

I do agree that an option to just spend the stamina and auto-complete easy stages would be better though.

Balphon

Stay strong, don't spend mythril anustart!

Nothing on this banner is tempting, and banner 2 is a bust as well. Already have ok burst.

I'm safe until next event, then temptation will strike.

The FF3 banners actually aren't bad but yeah, there are better ones coming up soon.

friz898

I wrote out a very sincere post about you and this game. Then I decided it was way too much for the internet.

Someone made a wonderful post about 6 months ago on a non-FFRK thread, I think about mobile games. They said "it's basically the perfect game for me".

As soon as I read that, I was like, Ya me too.

Unless you need to go. Like you care too much or you spend too much on it. Don't. Just login once a day, get your mythril and leave. It's not like the events have anything game changing for you.

friz898

I auto battle through everything until i get to the + battles. Well I turn auto off for 90 and 99 difficulty bosses, but i auto through all the trash rounds of those stages.

I do agree that an option to just spend the stamina and auto-complete easy stages would be better though.

Ya, I haven't figured this one out yet. How do they make it accessible to new people, yet not repetitive or redundant to others?

Maybe if Mythril wasn't tied to it? Or maybe if you didn't need to beat the first page of events to move on to the second page?

I mean, I autobattle it and spent like 4 hours doing the first page because I do something else, come back to it and hit a button then lave it again just as fast. But I do it for the Mythril and the fact that I have to - to get to the fights that are fun or matter.

friz898

Well so good morning folks!

Just woke up here in Florida. Time to finish the event that I fell asleep on last night.

I pulled some (not good) relic for Ingus last night. But at least it was a 5star instead of "3star trash dupe"

I'm off work today, so besides spamming the FFRK board, I guess I'll make it a point to get more Nightmare, Mote, and Torment done.

I've.. (slowly) succumb to the fact that this game (and Evilbane) are my MMO of choice or whatever. I have a gaming computer and a PS4. But other than MLB 17 I just bought, all my gaming times goes to my two "phone games".

Edit: Looked it up. It really was trash beyond just better synergy stats. "Heroic Shield" Unique Soul Break for Ingus. Protect/Haste for everybody. So I guess it's a Hastega.

Pejo

Which stage do I want to farm on this new event for OK motes? I don't have anything unlocked for him yet, and I'd love to at least dive him to Support 5 so he can supplant Ramza from my main team.

Xetherion

Well so good morning folks!

Just woke up here in Florida. Time to finish the event that I fell asleep on last night.

I pulled some (not good) relic for Ingus last night. But at least it was a 5star instead of "3star trash dupe"

I'm off work today, so besides spamming the FFRK board, I guess I'll make it a point to get more Nightmare, Mote, and Torment done.

I've.. (slowly) succumb to the fact that this game (and Evilbane) are my MMO of choice or whatever. I have a gaming computer and a PS4. But other than MLB 17 I just bought, all my gaming times goes to my two "phone games".

Edit: Looked it up. It really was trash beyond just better synergy stats. "Heroic Shield" Unique Soul Break for Ingus. Protect/Haste for everybody. So I guess it's a Hastega.

It's nice to have native Hastegas for CM. I also have Heroic Shield and it served me well during the last III event CM. But yeah it's a very old, outdated relic and obsolete if you have OK burst.

Which stage do I want to farm on this new event for OK motes? I don't have anything unlocked for him yet, and I'd love to at least dive him to Support 5 so he can supplant Ramza from my main team.

Pretty sure the EXP stages are the ones that drop OK motes. Haven't started this event yet myself, but that's how it worked in the last III event.

I don't foresee myself pulling on any banners for a little while, now that fest is over. Heck, I own almost every relic on the second FFIII banner, so it would be useless to pull on it at all.

I might pull on the XI banner because I have no synergy with that realm.

I'd also appreciate an animation speed option. It feels like half the fight is taken up by loot drops and walking to next round even at battle speed 5.

It hails from a bygone era where you didn't have much choice for hastega so that was a hot ticket item...well the Red XIII version was (Lunatic High) because Ingus got his rather late due to the fact the first FFIII event in Japan where it appeared was a colab so skipped for global.

I don't foresee myself pulling on any banners for a little while, now that fest is over.

I did pretty blah in the fest, but I'm basically doing the same as you. Outside of LDs, my pull plans for the future are:
1x 11 (Zero RS + some solid relics)
1x 8 (Many great relics, including Squall's BSB2)
1x 7 (Might skip this, since EX Cloud seems more useful as a RW)
Extreme Fest

Syntsui

No reason to pull anymore until extreme fest, every banner is trash and what is not trash will be on the fest together with better things (Squall, Shanttoto and Rapha). Time to hoard 300+ mithril brehs.

Then right after the fest we will have Cloud USB, but that shit is better as RW anyway so idk... I guess it will be good to have two sources of if and two turn every single boss in the game.

Top Bottom