• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Tidd

PQ5YPWc.png

GWTCTra.png

Amarant is the new MC for FF IX!

Anustart

Pulled. Happy enough with the results. 2 new bsbs. Lightning bsb 1, for +10 attack and stat stick. Tyro burst, which is awesome. I bring him a bunch anyway, but having that and his usb is nice, plus I've been wanting a debuff burst.

friz898

done about 5-6 raids, no motes so far.

I think that's my most wanted thing these days is motes. The OCD Completionist in me is being taunted by all those spheres not completed.

Anustart

Anyone have tyro burst? Thing looks really nice. I have his astra and this, and this looks like it might get quite a bit of use. I usually only bring shellga or protectga not both, so having this be nice, plus the breaks. He could pack multibreak, plus wrath or anything really. He might become a staple for me.

WarAdept

Anyone have tyro burst? Thing looks really nice. I have his astra and this, and this looks like it might get quite a bit of use. I usually only bring shellga or protectga not both, so having this be nice, plus the breaks. He could pack multibreak, plus wrath or anything really. He might become a staple for me.

Yeah I do, along with his Wall and USB.

Tyro's BSB has always been regarded as one of the best Bursts in the game due to the sheer utility of it. Frees up 2 slots by doing both ProShellga, Magic Blink and damage commands that stack with Breakdowns/Full Break.

Mix it with Tyro's unlimited ability pool and he can basically do anything.

It's seriously awesome. Magic Blink (plus Protectga and Shellga) on entry, and the commands are good, though not super unique, break combinations. If it's the only thing you had for Tyro, then yeah maybe Setzer or Irvine or Quina would be your preferred debuff BSB instead. But it's a great complement to his other stuff.

Balphon

I rarely use Tyro BSB as anything other than a wrathable source of magic blink. It just can't compete with SG at the start of a fight. Might be a little better if I dive Tyro to his second LM, but that doesn't solve the main issue.

It's great if you're getting Wall from something else, though.

I rarely use Tyro BSB as anything other than a wrathable source of magic blink. It just can't compete with SG at the start of a fight. Might be a little better if I dive Tyro to his second LM, but that doesn't solve the main issue.

It's great if you're getting Wall from something else, though.

Packing Wrath, and depending on how much damage you're taking, I've had decent luck cycling SG with Tyro's USB and/or BSB. Once his second LM is accessible, it's going to be easy for him to spread the love.

WarAdept

Tyro second lm doesn't affect proshell right? I don't think I need to dive him.

It doesn't but Wall, OSB buff and USB Astra do. It would allow Tyro to cycle through multiple SBs without ever worrying about Wall falling off (from 25 sec to 35 sec).

His LM2 also works on RW's.

So for either Proudclad, if I never got luck on Lightning Elements relics and all my element teams are from one he resists, I am fucked? Triple stacked Imperil Wind and a Wind OSB still did shit damage on him. Might be the first time I give up on content since day 1.

Most frustrating is the amount of Mythrils I lost pulling for Lightning Elements relics, always getting the worst crap for it. It's like the most sour pulling memories for IV, XII, XIII and FFT and now it seems to block me for the first time ever... Fuck off... :/

Anustart

So for either Proudclad, if I never got luck on Lightning Elements relics and all my element teams are from one he resists, I am fucked? Triple stacked Imperil Wind and a Wind OSB still did shit damage on him. Might be the first time I give up on content since day 1.

Most frustrating is the amount of Mythrils I lost pulling for Lightning Elements relics, always getting the worst crap for it. It's like the most sour pulling memories for IV, XII, XIII and FFT and now it seems to block me for the first time ever... Fuck off... :/

My lightning relics are lacking as well. Only have Lightnings OSB.

If you have holy, dark or nonelemental. Dunno if I could have completed it without that osb though, for the non jump start battle.

My lightning relics are lacking as well. Only have Lightnings OSB.

If you have holy, dark or nonelemental. Dunno if I could have completed it without that osb though, for the non jump start battle.

Yea, don't even have a OSB like that. I know if I had any decent Lightning Element SB I could do it. I can put together a great Dark team with Impreril/EnDark stuff but no OSB in there... Not sure that I will bother. I'd try a pull on current banner but VI banner is in a few days and I think that one of the best way for me to keep playing is to go for characters I like more than being optimal. I tried to always be optimal and it still failed me on this current event.

Maybe that's what I need, to finally fail to clear something. I might just be ok with occasionally dropping what frustrate me more instead of feeling like I now hate the game for the occasional S/L fest.

Balphon

Packing Wrath, and depending on how much damage you're taking, I've had decent luck cycling SG with Tyro's USB and/or BSB. Once his second LM is accessible, it's going to be easy for him to spread the love.

That isn't really the problem. The issue is that it can't really replace protect and shell if I have to dick around for 3-4 turns before I can use it, at which point a good amount of its utility is lost.

Ensuring uptime of SG and one other thing is doable with Wrath, though, you're right. The LM would make it possible even without Wrath.

Anustart

That isn't really the problem. The issue is that it can't really replace protect and shell if I have to dick around for 3-4 turns before I can use it, at which point a good amount of its utility is lost.

Ensuring uptime of SG and one other thing is doable with Wrath, though, you're right. The LM would make it possible even without Wrath.

I usually run my healer with ace striker or the like, freeing up a +1 bar rm to plop on tyro. This should work nicely, especially in mulitarget battles as I bring tyro as a dancer

Tidd

Yea, don't even have a OSB like that. I know if I had any decent Lightning Element SB I could do it.

The funny thing about these high difficulty fights is that they aren't really weak to an element. Most of the time they have a 20% weakness. That's not really much of a weakness. You should be able to do it with a neutral or non-element SBs.

evangd007

Need some Proudclad advice. Using this team right now:

Vaan (BSB)
Vanille (BSB)
Orlandu (OSB)
Ramza (Shout)
Tidus (OSB)
RW: wall

Need to replace Tidus because he's not pulling his weight on damage and I'm not surviving long enough after 70% to burst it down. I will need to MC3 and egg up one of the following defensive options for that:

Bartz (SSB, OSB) - 7.9x damage and +50% def. Has spellblade so he can hit weakness.
Seifer (SSB1) - 6x damage and +50% def. A strictly worse option due to less damage and can't hit weakness, but still throwing it out there.
Raines (BSB) - 20x damage (with doom from Mori) and +30% def. Less defense but would hit like a truck with Mori and realm synergy.

Thoughts?

The funny thing about these high difficulty fights is that they aren't really weak to an element. Most of the time they have a 20% weakness. That's not really much of a weakness. You should be able to do it with a neutral or non-element SBs.

When people start putting Draw Fire and other abilities like that in their strat for the slight improvement in survival, I assume that a 20% weakness combined with good SB of that element is, overall, huge. Think I saw one person here doing it without lightning but he had great SBs that I am lacking. Might try a Dark Team today and see how it goes.

Anustart

Vaan (BSB)
Vanille (BSB)
Orlandu (OSB)
Ramza (Shout)
Tidus (OSB)

Need to replace Tidus because he's not pulling his weight on damage and I'm not surviving long enough after 70% to burst it down. I will need to MC3 and egg up one of the following defensive options for that:

Bartz (SSB, OSB) - 7.9x damage and +50% def. Has spellblade so he can hit weakness.
Seifer (SSB1) - 6x damage and +50% def. A strictly worse option due to less damage and can't hit weakness, but still throwing it out there.
Raines (BSB) - 20x damage (with doom from Mori) and +30% def. Less defense but would hit like a truck with Mori and realm synergy.

Thoughts?

Do what I did, 2 healers, a wrath + entrust battery, and fire off 6-7 orlandu osb. Worked so easy with my lightning osb. I was never in danger of dying, though I do have ysh burst and vanille for instant.

Vaan (BSB)
Vanille (BSB)
Orlandu (OSB)
Ramza (Shout)
Tidus (OSB)

Thoughts?

Maybe consider switching out Vaan? The -MAG debuffs in his BSB aren't helping you here because all of Proudclad's damage is physical. Do you have any other worthwhile debuff BSBs?

Also, this doesn't help if you don't have her BSB, but when I was on the cusp of mastering this fight, it was switching out Vanille for Y'shtola that pushed me over the edge.

Today is pretty much the first time in my FFRK history that I've had to run the gil dailies. I got down below 1 million for the first time in ages and literally didn't have enough left to upgrade / combine.

Anustart

Today is pretty much the first time in my FFRK history that I've had to run the gil dailies. I got down below 1 million for the first time in ages and literally didn't have enough left to upgrade / combine.

When I get low I just sell my upgrade mats. Literally 10s of millions of gil anytime I need it.

Syntsui

The damage gain/mitigation is so ridiculously low for upgrading equipment that I just couldn't even bother to lose gil yet.

friz898

When I get low I just sell my upgrade mats. Literally 10s of millions of gil anytime I need it.

Ya same, I usually never need money because a fear refills it but I got low last week, selling like 50 or so of the highest upgrade mats is good money and when you get like 20 for a fight, it's a no brainer.

Edit: got 25 for a pull for Father's Day. I guess since I have amazing ff9 synergy that I should just hold on to it until fests/Cloud

Syntsui

Man, fuck this MP fight. This has to be the worst designed boss yet.

The turtle? He is not too bad as long as the team has a Last Stand and the usual components.

Every MP will be a struggle with shitty party members, so I wouldn't single this one out. Gogo is a good example of a bad designed fight considering he can always kill a memeber if the RNG doesn't give you a turn fast enough. Proud Dad would be too, but he is just out of our curve.

ZangBa

The turtle? He is not too bad as long as the team has a Last Stand and the usual components.

Every MP will be a struggle with shitty party members, so I wouldn't single this one out.

I will single this one out because most of the others I've been able to do without as much frustration. The combination of lag + instant kill attacks + status effects and AoE is ridiculous. It's all luck.

Syntsui

I will single this one out because most of the others I've been able to do without as much frustration. The combination of lag + instant kill attacks + status effects and AoE is ridiculous. It's all luck.

It's the new meta, you probably lucked out in the other fights but the only new mechanic here is the insta kill attack that can easily be countered by Last Stand.

Things should get easier for the next 3 events though, but there will be a very big jump in difficulty after Cloud's banner (ironically completely neutered by the fact that Cloud USB will be a thing lol).

Oh, I never cared for Realm Synergy, that's why I never saw this huge boost.

Choosing a random example here, but here's one armor and one weapon.

Code:
        =====Raw Stats=====                                       No Synergy                    Synergy
		                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
  Item                 |   Character   | Stat  |  Lv.1 Lv. 20 Lv. 25 Lv. 30  Lv. 35  | Lv. 20 Lv. 25 Lv. 30  Lv. 35
Exacalibur (FFT)       |  Agrias BSB   |  ATK  |  96     131   140    148    157     |  220    247     274     301
Evoker's Doublet (XIV) | Alphinaud SSB |  RES  |  90     137   145    152    160     |  215    238     261     284

=====Synergy vs. non synergy=====
  Item                 |   Character   | Stat  | Lv. 20 Lv. 25 Lv. 30  Lv. 35
Exacalibur (FFT)       |  Agrias BSB   |  ATK  |   89    107    126     144
Evoker's Doublet (XIV) | Alphinaud SSB |  RES  |   78     93    109     124

=====Bonus from combining=====              No Synergy               Synergy
		                                ---------------------------------------------
  Item                 |   Character   | Stat  |  Lv. 20 Lv. 25 Lv. 30 | Lv. 20 Lv. 25 Lv. 30
Exacalibur (FFT)       |  Agrias BSB   |  ATK  |    9       8      9   |   27     27     27 
Evoker's Doublet (XIV) | Alphinaud SSB |  RES  |    8       7      8   |   23     23     23

So, the takeaway is that a) Realm synergy makes a huge difference, and b) combining makes a modest difference.

Percentage-wise, no synergy -> synergy is worth more than a 100% stat increase, and each combine is worth about 10%.

ZangBa

It's the new meta, you probably lucked out in the other fights but the only new mechanic here is the insta kill attack that can easily be countered by Last Stand.

Things should get easier for the next 3 events though, but there will be a very big jump in difficulty after Cloud's banner (ironically completely neutered by the fact that Cloud USB will be a thing lol).

No, it's not easily countered. If he tramples and then does quake, that person is dead. And that's happened plenty of times now. I don't even remember Gogo other than it was an easy one shot. Proud Clod was a one shot, but a more fair challenge.

No, it's not easily countered. If he tramples and then does quake, that person is dead. And that's happened plenty of times now. I don't even remember Gogo other than it was an easy one shot. Proud Clod was a one shot, but a more fair challenge.

Yea, it's only not too bad if you get extremely lucky, which apparently some people did. I would encourage them to go back and try the turtle a few more times with other groups to see what it's really like.

friz898

Well I have beat it about 15 times so far for motes, I have used like 10 different characters but my best luck comes with Relm (last stand) and Eiko (reraise) stacked or edge (last stand) and Relm last stand.

If you have Wall, last stand and someone with ice, the. You are good. In fact bud

If you want to knock it put, you can start a raid and I am happy to help.

Syntsui

Yea, it's only not too bad if you get extremely lucky, which apparently some people did. I would encourage them to go back and try the turtle a few more times with other groups to see what it's really like.

I did 6 times for motes but I got really bored, I didn't lose a single time. Luck can only go so far.

ZangBa

Well I have beat it about 15 times so far for motes, I have used like 10 different characters but my best luck comes with Relm (last stand) and Eiko (reraise) stacked or edge (last stand) and Relm last stand.

If you have Wall, last stand and someone with ice, the. You are good. In fact bud

If you want to knock it put, you can start a raid and I am happy to help.

I'm using OK and Relm. It usually falls apart after the dispels and trample. I don't know how many healers people usually run with but with 2 it's a damage nightmare. I don't think I've ever seen a debuffer yet. I have Vaan and Irvine BSB's, but I don't know if I should bring them over OK or not.

ZangBa

2 healers is a minimum

Several run 4

Make a raid post your friend code I will bring Useful folks

Thanks you, but I actually just finished it lol.

I thought it was all over when 4/6 got confused and I was the only healer for about 25% of his HP. I have no idea how we managed to pull it off. A confused Cyan dealt the final blow.

There was no ice dps, just OSB spam from a Lightning and one of those characters from WoFF, plus the Cyan BSB and a Vaan.

Still felt like mostly luck to me, TBH.

Top Bottom