• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Kain

9/35 I'm pulling of course

OK, all the event done. Phew, it wasn't easy.

Proudclad was hard as balls, had to resort to the shameful setup of three healers (Eiko, Ysh, Vanille), support (Ramza) and dps (Kain) and I got it at the end, but suffering a lot and losing medals.

On the other hand the Jump start was super easy, used the same setup but exchanging Eiko for Edge and his SSB. I don't know if the boss had less HP or what, but it was over in a moment once I started to unleash Kain's BSB.

The mp fight was not very hard, honestly, found a team with 4 healers (lol), 2 support and 2 dps, one being Laguna with Freezing barrage and the other being Squall (me) with his BSB. That shit hits HARD, 7x9999 on a regular basis is crazy. Can't imagine what will it be with Cloud's USB...

Mknzy

So quick question. I have enough mithril for one pull right now. My XIII synergy is fairly terrible, so I'm trying to decide if I should pull on one of the XIII banners, or save the mithril for pulls on any banners that are upcoming for the orbfest at the end of the month. Thoughts?

Syntsui

So quick question. I have enough mithril for one pull right now. My XIII synergy is fairly terrible, so I'm trying to decide if I should pull on one of the XIII banners, or save the mithril for pulls on any banners that are upcoming for the orbfest at the end of the month. Thoughts?

Pull on the upcoming discounted banner of the above's post.

Balphon

Female banner will also most assuredly include Lightning if you're worried about FFXIII coverage.

Lightning has the most relics in the game, too, so you'd actually have a decent shot at one.

friz898

I literally posted my clear without any Lightning relics right above your post.

I skipped over your post really fast, but right as I gave my fast reply (from my phone) I wondered it I should have made sure your detailed clear didn't list anything lightning.

That said, of course it CAN be done. You could post "has anybody cleared every single challenge in the game with only level 50 characters? And somehow, someone must have done it after I've seen the White Mage challenge or whatever, and the Core Character challenge.

That said x2, I just wanted to post a LOL since I had to work hard at it with my 3 lightning relics. I wasn't serious.

I have 9 of 35 and 20 mythril. Looks like I wont be pulling.

I need 50 for VI-1. Hopefully we get some free mythril for fest. Thought we were to get 25 for free but not hearing much about fest anything and it's a week away.

friz898

Well, when I counted last night, I think I came up with 7/35. I don't remember off the top of head..

... but I didn't really see anything that I too terribly wanted?

As in, I know for an OSB that TG Cid is supposed to be the best, but I have not regularly found a use for the 3 OSBs that I already have I do have.

I think what caught my attention was Squall BSB2, Cloud BSB2, and Kain BSB?

If I'm 7/35 and I currently have about 80 mythril, tell me why I should be saying "of course I'm pulling". I am worried that I'm missing something here!

I've seen the two BSBs mentioned above, but I don't need wind. I DO need ice, but can't chase just Squall's. Is their burst commands what make them so awesome?

Also, I'm pretty good with Lightning, but I do like Kain a lot, and I have nothing for him, therefore he's not currently even on my FF IV team. Is it just because he's cool and I guess he has a lightning burst command that does big damage? Or is there something else that makes Kain BSB god-tier?

As an aside, I didn't see too many people mention Ashe's Burst command for this ProudClad. I'm not sure if a lot of people don't have it or the word is just not out how great it is, but she was doing CRAZY damage. CRAZY. Like I didn't even need Rapha's burst lightning dmg output on the non-jumpstart.

Ashe was doing 5k a hit on the initial burst, but then after getting that enLightning, she was 9k per burst hit followed by a command one that did something like 30k a round with a self heal.

She was buffed with EnElement, Lenna USB, Ramza USB, and the victim had Mental Breakdown, Full Break, and Imperil Lightning x2 and x3 on it ...but..

She was still doing over double the dmg per hit that Rapha's Burst was doing. I guess it was all about the EnElement. So with that being said, where's the Ashe love?

Edit: cpp, in reference to Ramza USB being on your list, I like taking Lenna and Ramza USBs and stacking those buffs to Atk and Def, but sometimes I feel as though I'm missing out since the two soul breaks don't actually do any damage and they are not burst commands. So for example, in the Jumpstart fight, I think when I cleared it, I had both of them, I would have to scroll back and look -- but every choice counted in that Jumpstart fight. If it weren't for the plan of prepping until it changed modes, I'm not sure I would have been able to justify it.

Also, I'm surprised Ramza's doesn't have an hastega element to it.

RivalCore

Finally got MP A+ fight down. You really need a party that synergies well for that one. I had three healers, two last stands, Squall, wall and OK buffing and debuffing. Even with that, it came down to the wire since Squall got hit with confuse and no one could attack him. A lone Magic Breakdown felled that mofo.

The full throttle battle was easy albeit a nice change of pace from the regular LS/Burst mechanics. Plus I got to use a whole bunch of RMs that have been tucked away in the Vault for the last few months.

friz898

For me, it's Squall's BSB2 and OSB, Sephiroth BSB (piercing physical damage), Cloud's OSB (I have his BSB2 so could en-Wind this), Kain BSB, Ramza USB. Those are the prizes I'm aiming for.

At this point, I want Kain's BSB just because everybody talks about it!

It was kind of like that about OK. You crazy folks couldn't talk enough about him, and I wasn't paying as much attention to relics when he came out (or did I know about his Super stats, and I had him at 80 during this time) so when I ended up getting 3 of his relics, I was all excited -- and I didn't even know why.

Needless to say, I've gotten good use out of all three of them. Missing his OSB, but I simply have not found a reason yet to where I would want to use an OSB over a (strong) BSB of the same element. This goes without saying that the Jumpstart battle changes things somewhat, and I wished I had a Lightning OSB this week.

Sephiroth BSB -- I have that. I know Despair command does a lot. I didn't even realize how much until I saw someone else use it.

Ramza USB - I have that. Proud of it.

So not looking for any OSB (I must be doing it wrong) so that leaves me chasing Squall BSB2 (Need more Ice), Cloud BSB2 (because of you folks!) and the aforementioned Kain BSB.

Again, I want that Kain BSB just so I can post I got it and wait for parties to ensue! Jokes.

I don't know, I probably will pull, I just felt like I must be missing the boat on this one. I have Pecil SSB and BSB also.

Tidd

0/11 worst LD ever :/

At this point, I want Kain's BSB just because everybody talks about it!

It's amazing. I have a 6* Lance, and Agria's SB shield. Both of them give a minor boost to lightning. As a RM I use Lightning's Lv.99 RM, +30% to Lightning damage. With Shout and EnThunder every hit is 9999(or close to that if it doesn't hit weakness). Combine it with Lightning Dive and you get an insane amount of damage. I'm curious what numbers I can reach with Cloud's USB.

Syntsui

0/11 worst LD ever :/

It's amazing. I have a 6* Lance, and Agria's SB shield. Both of them gives a minor boost to lightning. As an RM I use Lightning's Lv.99 RM, +30% to Lightning damage. With Shout and EnThunder every hit is 9999(or close to that if it doesn't hit weakness). Combine it with Lightning Dive and you get an insane amount of damage. I'm curious what numbers I can reach with Cloud's USB.

0/11 for free at least!

The ultimate and apocalypse raids for this one are really tough. Just completed it with five healers. I ran Eiko (USB) and Y'shtola (SS), with rosa, another Y'shtola (aetherial pulse) and a realm with that Star BSB. 2 DPS with squalls and a setzer for medals.

It was hard, not even sure if I should attempt apocalypse running the LS and Wall.

friz898

The ultimate and apocalypse raids for this one are really tough. Just completed it with five healers. I ran Eiko (USB) and Y'shtola (SS), with rosa, another Y'shtola (aetherial pulse) and a realm with that Star BSB. 2 DPS with squalls and a setzer for medals.

It was hard, not even sure if I should attempt apocalypse running the LS and Wall.

I can't really respond on the difficulty doing it solo. People don't talk about that much. Unless you don't like the MP option, I think it may be easier that way.

friz898

Board moving too slow today.

I went and tried 2 more CM Mote dungeons. Cleared both first try. I do have much better relics than months ago.

Only one left is Ahriman, if only I had Luneth BSB.

I guess nothing to do today except raids for motes or dailies for Wind and Lightning.

Anustart

All I got left in event is current 220. Boy that laser spam strong. Dunno what I'll need to succeed here, I'm sure I have the tools.

Kenai

All I got left in event is current 220. Boy that laser spam strong. Dunno what I'll need to succeed here, I'm sure I have the tools.

My personal recommendation is an Imperial + OSB combo with whatever elements you have since that laser spam gets ridiculous. I used Beatrix + Raines + Hope as dps with OK + Yshtola backing them up and RW wall. 1st wall then Raines and Beatrix built up bars with LS/Wrath while Hope used Lightning and by the time limiter came off and wall was just refreshed Beatrix had put on Imperil and Cid used Memento a few turns prior. In between the laser spam Cid got 2 OSBs in and Hope/Beatrix got one each and that was good enough for a ko. Ysh used BSB whenever it was up to soak. OK helped when he could but he was ko'd by spam in between everything else.

Again, one of the few times where OSB feels better to use than BSB. I am sure there are a few BSBs like Lightning or Squall or Kain that would be comparable but I didn't have those. It's all about being set when that limiter goes off. If anything at all is out of place rip

friz898

Anu, key thing was timing my RW Wall with second use starting at 70% mode change but since you have native Wall.

Instead of it being a havoc fest like jumpstart, the two tools I had was Fran Imperil and Ashe burst. I just slowly whittled him away with cmd1 which did good damage.

friz898

Ok just finished Ahriman.

No wind relics but do have Arc medica and all of O Knights stuff.

The only thing left for me to do in the game (beyond creating self completionist goals) is the d200 Torment Cid Missions.

Anybody want to do a raid?
Any newbies or lurkers want to ask questions?

Now is a good time to get tips because this board will roll a bit with the fest and upcoming boss fights.

Anustart

Anu, key thing was timing my RW Wall with second use starting at 70% mode change but since you have native Wall.

Instead of it being a havoc fest like jumpstart, the two tools I had was Fran Imperil and Ashe burst. I just slowly whittled him away with cmd1 which did good damage.

Oooh, I have nabaat bsb, perhaps I could utilize her (him?) For stacking command 2. Have a ton of dark relics.

WarAdept

Finally got around to doing this.

Led by Fate U++ CM

Sazh - N/A
Raines - Metamorphosis
Lightning - N/A
Serah - Endless Blessings
Vanille - Transcendent Dream

Really easy with native Sage shout, his rubbish dispel proved no problem whatsoever. I can see it being an absolute pain without a native Hastega though, would probably have to manual Haste here and there. Chain Biora/Swiftspell cares not for your multi-resists Barty.

Lightning was there for Dismissal. Otherwise she was dead weight. Fell asleep halfway through the battle as well. Figures.

wwJl9Eql.jpg

Led by Fate A+

Tyro - Sentinel's Grimoire
Raines - Metamorphosis
Ashe - Dusk's Decree
Eiko - Guardian Mog
Porom - Healing Wind (IV)

I wanted to use Rapha's BSB here....but I don't have it mastered. Out came Ashe. I initially wanted to a party that stacked +DEF buffs to circumvent the bits not being breakable, but I figured it'd just make the battles needlessly longer. Eiko was there for Last Stand insurance.

8VsrGjhl.jpg

friz898

Ok so usual tonight.

Easy (boring event but we like for mythril), pull on a new banner and expect nothing and then be excited if a rainbow pops, and two new raids for something like 80 and 120 difficulty.

Would this be a correct assessment?

Anustart

Ok so usual tonight.

Easy (boring event but we like for mythril), pull on a new banner and expect nothing and then be excited if a rainbow pops, and two new raids for something like 80 and 120 difficulty.

Would this be a correct assessment?

But it's a 9 event so automatically one of the best.

WarAdept

But it's a 9 event so automatically one of the best.

FFIX is my fav FF game. Steiner and Vivi are 2 of my favourite characters. Banner 1 is focused on them and is a fantastic banner that preps you for Magicite dungeons.

I have 479 mithril currently.

RIP me.

Anustart

FFIX is my fav FF game. Steiner and Vivi are 2 of my favourite characters. Banner 1 is focused on them and is a fantastic banner that preps you for Magicite dungeons.

I have 479 mithril currently.

RIP me.

9 is so good! I remember grinding for that damn robe in 1st forest. Took forever.

Syntsui

Yeah, IX is the best mainline FF by far. No other game has so much soul as that one, that said, this banner is a big pass after reading about those relics.

135 mithril and counting.

Anustart

Just beat that stupid proudclad, and it wasn't difficult at all with setup. Had to sl once.

Ran with ramza, onion knight, lightning, vanille and yshtola.

Ramza had full break, power break, shout and chant. Ok had his burst as well as wrath and entrust. Lightning had life siphon and osb, vanille and ysh on heal duties.

Started by building gauge on as many as possible, then when close to limiters going, lightning goes on osb 6 times straight for the win.

Everyone ended at full health with bubbles in tact.

Ysh and ramza provides bubbles, vanille was oh shit button.

Lightning roughly 70kx6 with osb, chip damage from gauge building comprising the rest. Also I rw wall along with ysh having burst and wall. She had to cast it once I think, other than that was preemptive burst which gave vanille enough time to build ton of meter. Brought no last stand.

Tidd

Did my 2 pulls:

First: 5/11... Sounds nice and it was a good pull because I got two of the relics I wanted but come on game...
1x Steiner's OSB
1x Zidane's LMR
3x Freya SSB... -.-

Second pull: 2/11
1x Steiner's OSB...
1x Steiner's LMR which is useless because his BSB commands are combat.

Hey, at least my Steiner is still complete?

Anustart

Did my 2 pulls:

First: 5/11... Sounds nice and it was a good pull because I got two of the relics I wanted but come on game...
1x Steiner's OSB
1x Zidane's LMR
3x Freya SSB... -.-

Second pull: 2/11
1x Steiner's OSB...
1x Steiner's LMR which is useless because his BSB commands are combat.

Hey, at least my Steiner is still complete?

You're trying to tempt me into pulling. And it might work. Now that thunder gloves no longer show up on 9 banners I'm safe. Before thp, I'd be guaranteed 4 of em. Think I had a 4/11 thunder glove pull.

WarAdept

200 mithril for:

Steiner OSB
Vivi BSB2
Zidane BSB2
Steiner LMR
Zidane LMR
Freya SSB2
and 4(!) Wizard Rods

Remaining mithril (280) all to Cloud

Tidd

200 mithril for:

Steiner OSB
Vivi BSB2
Zidane BSB2
Steiner LMR
Zidane LMR
Freya SSB2
and 4(!) Wizard Rods

Remaining mithril (280) all to Cloud

Damn, 4 pulls and you got everything. Congrats! But nah I won't chase the BSBs. Would probably end up with more dupes for Steiner.

Top Bottom