• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I killed first set of feathers, and had him beat before the second set was on the field long.
Hrm, I might try that and just take the hit with the second feathers.
They need to do some more guaranteed Burst banners, because it's getting to the point where it's impossible to do end game content without them.

Hrm, I might try that and just take the hit with the second feathers.
They need to do some more guaranteed Burst banners, because it's getting to the point where it's impossible to do end game content without them.

Guy on gamefaqs continues to make videos beating high end content with only hones and a rw

WarAdept

Oh god Raines event tomorrow. My mithril.

(I know it's Banner 2 that most want, but still. From OK to OSBfest to XIV to Raines to TG Cid basically back to back.)

Tidd

I looked up the upcoming FF XIII event and the U++ is weak to lightning. Can't wait to see the full potential of Kain-meta. I want to see 4x9999! :)

Balphon

Whats the hotness with tomorrows banner?

Lightning's terrible OSB, of course!

In actuality, the first banner has Vanille's really good BSB and Snow's pretty good BSB.

Second banner has mage relics with rare 620 (MAG/DEF) and 623 (MAG/MND) buffs. The 620 is on Raines's BSB which is itself fairly good damage-wise.

Other stuff is mostly decent but unremarkable.

Balphon

It has Hope's which is enholy but rather bad for a BSB.

Raines's has no enelement and is dark/holy which isn't great in the abstract. Still, it ends up with good damage potential due to all the buff stacking you can do with him.

Pulled alphinaud's BSB, his SSB (x2), thyrus (x2), minfilia BSB, her SSB (x2). I'm done with XIV banners.

Got absolutely nothing from OSB banners (had a couple of cult of three [1 on 2, and 1 on five]but no 11 pulls)

So now I've got Alph's BSB what do I do with it? Summon all the things? Boost him for 5* black magic? If I do boost him will he get access to meltdown?

In progress news: took down ultimate weapon, did couerl, and almost done with FFV and FFXIV. Still need to do the new raid. Not even going to think about the torment dungeon.

Anustart

It has Hope's which is enholy but rather bad for a BSB.

Raines's has no enelement and is dark/holy which isn't great in the abstract. Still, it ends up with good damage potential due to all the buff stacking you can do with him.

I have Hope's bsb, forgot about that because it seemed pretty weak when I tried it. Does holy go off of mind and not magic? If so, why does ninurta have ton of mag, low mind?

Balphon

I have Hope's bsb, forgot about that because it seemed pretty weak when I tried it. Does holy go off of mind and not magic? If so, why does ninurta have ton of mag, low mind?

No, it's all MAG-scaled.

Problem with Hope's BSB is that there isn't much else in the way of Holy damage that's MAG-scaled and the second burst command is earth element.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Guy on gamefaqs continues to make videos beating high end content with only hones and a rw
I feel like you're trading one RNG for another though, since you are refreshing in hopes of getting the orbs you need. I'm not sure which one is better... I suppose stamina refreshes are technically more consistent than the gacha.

Anustart

No, it's all MAG-scaled.

Problem with Hope's BSB is that there isn't much else in the way of Holy damage that's MAG-scaled and the second burst command is earth element.

Maybe that's why I found it extra lack luster, I stacked mind trying to use it lol. But, looking at it, I'll take it. enholy and a decent command 1 to use. Wish it had a 2hit holy aoe tho as command 2.

We getting a chain holy or anything akin to it anytime?

Balphon

Maybe that's why I found it extra lack luster, I stacked mind trying to use it lol. But, looking at it, I'll take it. enholy and a decent command 1 to use. Wish it had a 2hit holy aoe tho as command 2.

We getting a chain holy or anything akin to it anytime?

No. Your best option there is Alexander.

So now I've got Alph's BSB what do I do with it? Summon all the things? Boost him for 5* black magic? If I do boost him will he get access to meltdown?
Yes, if you already beaten the Meltdown nightmare dungeon. I need more wisdom and spirit motes to unlock Black 5 for my Alphinaud and need some more hones to finish the Meltdown nightmare myself.

I took down Garuda Ultimate without too much trouble on the first attempt. I only managed to clear the set of plumes when they first spawn. My pillar was completely destroyed, but I kept Garuda with all the breakdowns and magic blink to take care of her Ultimate Mistral Song. Minifilia helped out too with her BSB.
The only thing left for me are torment dungeons. Ugh.

Anustart

Mastered the d250 torment. 1 medal for actions, 2 for damage. Lost no characters that time.

Had to s/l several times because i was mis-timing buffs and having one of my 3 dps characters die midway through.

Managing yshtola's breaks was key. Had to have stone skin up constantly and pepper some burst heals in as well to stay topped up. Was very close right at the end, Garnet had like a sliver of health left and a clutch asylum just made it.

10 major black orbs is super welcome.

WarAdept

Thursdaily! Time to spam events!

Heir of the Dawn U+ CM

Bartz is still a dick in this CM like the last one. I have lots of V synergy, but it's all old synergy so SB's that don't exactly work well for CM's. Every run I did ended up with Lenna taking 3-4 hits of Trueblade and kicking the bucket before going "fuck it" and kept going. (Although now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I opted to using a hastebot and native Galuf Boostga with RW Wall the first time U Bartz came around, should've done that again).

A85dcxK.jpg

Heir to the Dawn U++

ExDeath exploded. 4 times. Terra barely got off a OSB because OK/Alph was doing so much damage, and it was on the 4th phase with ExDeath on ~15% health left.

kGrnCfo.jpg

Syntsui

FF XIII banner seems absolutely terrible, I don't think I'll even use the 100 gem pull.

The next banner with Holy Imperil will be FFT, right?

friz898

Good Morning Guys.

I've hit and run this thread at least 5 or so times over the year, but I've got it bookmarked on my browser and gonna stay a regular, good tips in here and seemingly good community.

So with this FF 13 event, anything that stands out about it, good or hard? No new characters I guess. I had a 99 in every FF except 11, Tactics, and 13, so I did Lightning and Vanille yesterday. Hopefully make the 160 fight a breeze.

After blowing through mythril for Ultima and the FF14 140 and 160 fights, I need to stock back up this go around. This is also the first event where I'm not doing 100 gem pulls anymore, after doing them straight for the last 6-8 months. I've gotten like 10-12 rarity 3 duplicates in a row. Done with that.

FF XIII banner seems absolutely terrible, I don't think I'll even use the 100 gem pull.

The next banner with Holy Imperil will be FFT, right?

Banner 1 is standard pull if you need 13 synergy otherwise pass

Banner 2 has a major prise (cid's bsb) and other decent mage stuff though you're better off pulling on the current 14 banned instead for general mage meta.

Pejo

Bah, I keep trying the XIV U+, but I'm in a catch 22 situation.

My "main" team is all physical. This is obviously a problem when Aiator takes off. Now each of my team can equip ranged weapons

Locke - Thrown (Yuffie's SSB boomerang thing)
Jecht - Blitzballs (His BSB ball)
Pecil - Maria's SSB bow
Tyro - I think a gun was the highest damage I had
Ramza - A shitty harp.

RW - Y'sh Burst

The problem is that when I equip all of these ranged options, my damage goes down considerably, to the point that I can't kill him before my heals run out. If I don't go ranged, there's a big % of the battle that I can't even hit the damn dragon.

I haven't used a mage in a long long time, but I have some good mage weapons. I'm considering trying with either a hybrid or all mage team.

Dammit I just want some more MC3s.

Finally beat that damn bird! Now I'm sitting on 4 MCIII crystals. None of the bursts I pulled during OSB fest have the MCIIIs released yet *falk face*

My "main" team is all physical. This is obviously a problem when Aiator takes off. Now each of my team can equip ranged weapons

Pecil - Maria's SSB bow
Ramza - A shitty harp.

RW - Y'sh Burst

The problem is that when I equip all of these ranged options, my damage goes down considerably, to the point that I can't kill him before my heals run out. If I don't go ranged, there's a big % of the battle that I can't even hit the damn dragon.

I haven't used a mage in a long long time, but I have some good mage weapons. I'm considering trying with either a hybrid or all mage team.

I went hybrid because I had Alphinaud's BSB, and went with OK BSB RW. I do have Y'sh BSB though. Went with regular melee for Lightning (BSB), Tyro (Support, SG), and Fran, and just waited it out.

Only XIV synergy I have is Alph's BSB book, Y'sh SSB+BSB, and the free equips they give you from rewards.

Pecil - Maria's SSB bow
Ramza - A shitty harp.

RW - Y'sh Burst

Can you just bring 1 mage so that you have something to nuke with while he's in the air? Do you have any mages with a bsb/osb?

Pejo

I went hybrid because I had Alphinaud's BSB, and went with OK BSB RW. I do have Y'sh BSB though. Went with regular melee for Lightning (BSB), Tyro (Support, SG), and Fran, and just waited it out.

Only XIV synergy I have is Alph's BSB book, Y'sh SSB+BSB.

Interesting. Maybe I'll switch up my usual plan altogether and gear up for XIV synergy characters.

The 2 XIV banners were extremely kind to me. I got Y'sh BSB and Thyrus, Minfilia's shield, Palymo's BSB and SSB, and Thancred's BSB. I could honestly build a pretty potent party with just them.

For 1 Stamina, I guess it's worth a shot. Sounds like OK BSB should be my RW with that setup for sure. I'll probably keep Tyro in since he's level 99 and i have his BSB and SG, to offset Y'sh to healing only.

Interesting. Maybe I'll switch up my usual plan altogether and gear up for XIV synergy characters.

The 2 XIV banners were extremely kind to me. I got Y'sh BSB and Thyrus, Minfilia's shield, Palymo's BSB and SSB, and Thancred's BSB. I could honestly build a pretty potent party with just them.

For 1 Stamina, I guess it's worth a shot. Sounds like OK BSB should be my RW with that setup for sure. I'll probably keep Tyro in since he's level 99 and i have his BSB and SG, to offset Y'sh to healing only.

I don't have a screenshot handy, but I went:
Alph - R4 Firaja, R2 Tiamat - BSB - RM: Ace Striker - Resist Ice accessory
Lightning - R4 Lifesiphon, R4 Firaga Strike - BSB - RM: Battleforged - Resist Ice acc, melee
Tyro - R4 Mental Breakdown, R3 Full Break - SG - RM: Dr. Mog - Resist Ice, melee
Fran - R4 Power Breakdown, R4 Armor Breakdown - Mist Overload SSB - RM: Secrets of the Qu - Resist Ice, melee
Y'sh - R4 Esuna, R3 Protectga - BSB - RM: Mako Might - Resist Paralysis
RW: OK BSB

IIRC, Tyro ate it around 40% because I couldn't get Y'sh's BSB off in time, but her BSB gives enough protection with the remaining mitigation I had available.

Pejo

I don't have a screenshot handy, but I went:
Alph - R4 Firaja, R2 Tiamat - BSB - RM: Ace Striker - Resist Ice accessory
Lightning - R4 Lifesiphon, R4 Firaga Strike - BSB - RM: Battleforged - Resist Ice acc, melee
Tyro - R4 Mental Breakdown, R3 Full Break - SG - RM: Dr. Mog - Resist Ice, melee
Fran - R4 Power Breakdown, R4 Armor Breakdown - Mist Overload SSB - RM: Secrets of the Qu - Resist Ice, melee
Y'sh - R4 Esuna, R3 Protectga - BSB - RM: Mako Might - Resist Paralysis
RW: OK BSB

IIRC, Tyro ate it around 40% because I couldn't get Y'sh's BSB off in time, but her BSB gives enough protection with the remaining mitigation I had available.

Is "Secrets of the Qu" worth it for the extra break damage? I always was curious about that, well, and any materia that isn't SB related. I've been using the same 5 materia for ages.

I see a lot of talk of "A team" and "main team" on Reddit... Do people really use the same team for events in different realms? I always build a team from scratch focusing on realm synergy. I only include off-realm characters for a good reason, like using Tidus w/ BSB and OSB against a boss weak to water, or if whoever my healer is for that realm just isn't up to snuff and I have to sub in Y'shtola or Aerith instead. But I'd say I clear 95% of content with a team that is either 5 on-realm characters or 4 on-realm characters + Tyro.

I see a lot of talk of "A team" and "main team" on Reddit... Do people really use the same team for events in different realms? I always build a team from scratch focusing on realm synergy. I only include off-realm characters for a good reason, like using Tidus w/ BSB and OSB against a boss weak to water, or if whoever my healer is for that realm just isn't up to snuff and I have to sub in Y'shtola or Aerith instead. But I'd say I clear 95% of content with a team that is either 5 on-realm characters or 4 on-realm characters + Tyro.

I've got an A team that I use for everything but Cid Missions, basically. (Luneth, OK, Ramza/Minfilia, Vanille, Terra). I'll sub in Pecil, Alph, and maybe Tyro if necessary.

friz898

Edit: That was a reply to ActStriker and didn't hit the quote button, btw.

You're probably right, but that's why I have everybody max level.

I don't know, just seems the 'right way' to do it, to have full synergy. The only battle I don't now that 14 has more characters is FF11 I think.

But ya, I see the team talk to... I figure it's the people who have several burst or overstrikes.

I think I have 3 total bursts, no overstrike, but I usually take any boss down to 50% or so with a RW overstrike. But on a plus, I do have so many relics that my teams wear full synergy gear, usually all rank 6/7/8 or true 5 gear.

I know this probably won't help anyone but for the the XIV U+ I did it twice. First time was all back row:
Zidaine (ranged and BSB can support), Fran (ranged, mostly paralyzed), Vanille (BSB, not really needed), Terra (wrath, chain firaga, SSB+OSB combo) and Hope (use OK RW and Faith, pretend any other action matters). Terra was doing 99,999 with the OSB.

Second time was the Cid mission. Now I did 2 more 11 pulls on the first XIV banner getting me two Omirods (kept separate), a second Evokers doublet (kept separate) and second shield (merged) so at least I have a good set of RS gear now. Party was:
Yda (Power Breakdown+Mental Breakdown)
Minfillia (Gaia's Cross and Full break, also mostly paralyzed)
Y'shtola (Protectga+Curaga RM: healers prayer II)
Paplymo (Faith, Chain Firaga RM: devotion)
Alphinaud (Ifrit, Phoenix RM: Mako Might)
RW was Krille's tomorrow's promise BSB*. These BSB wore off right before the end but radiant shield killed the dragon. If radiant shield hadn't fire spells or summons would have. Now if you don't have the RS gear or the buffs I think you might be pushing it without meltdown but give it a try I guess. No hastega makes things a little rough (I defended Yda while the dragon was in the air thinking "oh he'll have another ATB by the time it lands"...the dragon got like 3 hits in before that happened).

BSB command 1 was hitting damage cap each hit for Paplymo under mental breakdown while it was not for Alphinaud (level 65 no dive just shy of 430 mag).

*Edit: I suppose Papalymo could be stronger if you can get theirs to 5 hits or more but I'm not sure how the mag thresholds and stat buffing works exactly.

Do you feel like you're leaving the realm synergy buff on the table that way?

Not especially, because it's about relics at this point, and -- I could be wrong -- RS char buff is 10 levels. 99 > 90. Not sure if there's also stat-up bonuses too.

And honestly, OK BSB + Shout is just too good. I also play to weaknesses, if I can. If something's wrecked by Holy, it's Pecil.

I honestly need to try mage meta with Pap (SSB), Alph (BSB), Terra (OSB), OK (BSB), and Locke (BSB for fire debuff). But I need more MC3s releases and 4* motes for Alph.

Top Bottom