• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Kukumalu

I can usually manage the events up to 160/200 difficulty but these Nightmare final bosses are completely wrecking me with all the different specific teams you need to have (Only black magic, ranged attacks, etc) since I pretty much rely on a [Cloud,Tyro,Bartz,Faris,Y'shtola] Wall/Shout team for everything.

Guess it's time to start investing on some other characters whose relics I have.

I can usually manage the events up to 160/200 difficulty but these Nightmare final bosses are completely wrecking me with all the different specific teams you need to have (Only black magic, ranged attacks, etc) since I pretty much rely on a [Cloud,Tyro,Bartz,Faris,Y'shtola] Wall/Shout team for everything.

Guess it's time to start investing on some other characters whose relics I have.

Think of the nightmare bosses more as puzzle battles than just brute force battles.

Think of the nightmare bosses more as puzzle battles than just brute force battles.

This. They aren't exactly hard if you know the strategy behind them. Heck, with your setup, you could probably do Demon Wall easily.

Star Falcon said:
Any tips for Nightmare-Kaiser Dragon? I'm trying to get Meltdown but getting annihilated about 2/3 of the way through (third phase).

If you can't get him to phase three before using up 3 of the crystal charges, you're going to have a bad time. Alternatively, you could use 4 charges during phase 2 if you have Last Stand or Reraise on your people. Hope and prey he starts with Ice as his element.

This. They aren't exactly hard if you know the strategy behind them. Heck, with your setup, you could probably do Demon Wall easily.

Sure, but you still need to have the right characters / abilities. When one of the medical conditions is that you can only attack with white magic, for example, not everyone has multiple Curajas and Diagas sitting around to damage the boss. Or enough charactesr with Nightmare Synergy, etc.

Sure, but you still need to have the right characters / abilities. When one of the medical conditions is that you can only attack with white magic, for example, not everyone has multiple Curajas and Diagas sitting around to damage the boss. Or enough charactesr with Nightmare Synergy, etc.

Some of them you'll have to build up to, true. I just now had enough stuff to finally do Neo Bahamut. Some others, like the ones for Crushdown and Quadruple Foul don't really have many strict requirements behind them, it's more about finding out the trick to the fight.

Some of them you'll have to build up to, true. I just now had enough stuff to finally do Neo Bahamut. Some others, like the ones for Crushdown and Quadruple Foul don't really have many strict requirements behind them, it's more about finding out the trick to the fight.

Quadruple Foul was really annoying to me because I couldn't figure out how to get them to overheat and start helping me, despite having read the guide. So I just killed the orbs and then spammed like 4 OSBs (2 of my own, plus 2x RW) against the CPU, and I ended up winning anyway lol.

Just beat Kaiser Dragon too. Not sure why people are recommending to keep resetting the fight until he starts with lightning or water. I think the fight is rigged so that those almost always come last. Out of 15 resets I only saw it be first once. Every other time it was earth or poison. Finally I just said screw it and committed to beating it without resetting. It was poison -> earth -> fire -> ice -> water -> lightning.

Oh hey, what a coincidence, water and lightning were last. But I wiped so I had to do it again. Don't remember the order but guess what, water and lightning were last again.

I think it's rigged so that they are more likely to come at the end.

Anyway it's not that hard to just go through all phases, just do enough damage to get him to like 40%. After that do nothing but Defend, Refresh Shell, and Cure/Medica. And always make sure you're defending before the 3rd turn so that you can reduce damage from the phase shift ability.

In phase 3 just hit all your BSBs and bring along an OSB RW and it should be pretty easy. I didn't even have to attack the crystal once.

I kinda hate the Nightmare puzzle battles. Since the first three, I've only beaten Meltdown because I could basically ignore the mechanic and brute force it. I have great characters and relics, I'm sure I have the capability to beat them all, I just find them annoying instead of fun.

I kinda hate the Nightmare puzzle battles. Since the first three, I've only beaten Meltdown because I could basically ignore the mechanic and brute force it. I have great characters and relics, I'm sure I have the capability to beat them all, I just find them annoying instead of fun.

I was just thinking I wish all event bosses were more like this, lol

ccbfan

I always found Nightmares Dungeons more of a hone check than anything else.

How many extra copies of skills you don't use do you need to complete it the "puzzle" way.

Beat the Ultima Weapon Apocalypse raid. Will attempt Tidus Ultimate++ later, but my dark abilities are pretty weak. Will have to look for Cid RW.
I'm 26 mythrils short of a 2nd pull for FFT later today. Hopefully, I'll get enough before it ends.
I haven't done any Nightmare dungeons. I should get on that.

Thanks for the tips, managed the Kaiser Dragon by the skin of my teeth. Don't really have any decent soul breaks for Mages other than ExDeath so it was pretty rough.

Completely unrelated question - Saints Cross or Ultra Cure to R3 first? I only have so many Holy Orbs.

Balphon

Thanks for the tips, managed the Kaiser Dragon by the skin of my teeth. Don't really have any decent soul breaks for Mages other than ExDeath so it was pretty rough.

Completely unrelated question - Saints Cross or Ultra Cure to R3 first? I only have so many Holy Orbs.

SC is more useful for 95% of stuff. UC is going to be better than Curaja only in difficult fights with status attacks, though those are going to become increasingly common.

Saints cross is more useful now

Ultra cure will be useful down the road but its not really useful now

UC also gets an extra 2 cast since its white magic so I'd keep it at r2 for now as 6 cast + whatever healing ssb/bsb you have should be more then enough

Saints cross to r3 is the best choice

The best relic no-one is talking about from today's banner.

Mustadio
Mythril Gun
SSB: "Heart Shot" (PHY: 117% AoE ranged x5 (585%) with Pentabreak -30% as 630)

WHAAAAAT? An AoE penta-break that stacks with Multi-Break? Fucking give me.

MrDaravon

Having a hard time with the new Nightmare boss, but my summons hones aren't great (I struggled quite a bit with the first Summon Nightmare) and I have two Summoner BSBs but not Alph's. So I can RW Alph but then I don't have a native Hastega, tried it both ways and it sucks. I've got all of the other Nightmares Mastered but I think I'm going to come back to this one later to be honest.

Two and a half hours until pull time. Who's feeling lucky?

I'm expecting nothing, hoping to be surprised lol. The only thing I have on banner 1 is the Kaiser Shield so as long as I can at the very least avoid getting another one of those I'll consider it a small success. Only have enough mythril for one pull, and with some of the news hitting this week and today I'm not spending any extra money on pulls for anything right now. Here's hoping!

Syntsui

The best relic no-one is talking about from today's banner.

Mustadio
Mythril Gun
SSB: "Heart Shot" (PHY: 117% AoE ranged x5 (585%) with Pentabreak -30% as 630)

WHAAAAAT? An AoE penta-break that stacks with Multi-Break? Fucking give me.
I keep saying this, low-key the best and future proof relic.

People keep saying future content can only be beaten with stacking breaks. Walls will be utterly useless.

I'm sure its fine. I just forget about it. I don't bother with the hardest content all the time but don't have much problems due to my crazy ftp gear, started Sept 2015:

3 USSBs
5 OSBs
26 BSSBs
53 SSBs

Typically I roll with Vaan's BSB for the stacked breaks. Easy to forget about a random SSB in all of that mess, though I have Mustadio at 99, so would be nothing to bring him out. I do rarely use wall now and rely entirely on debuffs and yshtola's bssb over there.

edit: forgot 2 SSBs in storage.

Balphon

Mustadio's problem is that he's pretty bad and there are better sources of ultra break.

Still, it's an AoE ultra break and as such is great.

WarAdept

1hr just before the storm...

Torment X d250

Bastard still took a beating, even with all my magic stacking. I used MM too early hence Raines on 00 Doom time, but he's still alive!

v2CF8eV.jpg

FFX U+ fight is so hard.
I'm probably undervelled being somewhat new. (~75 except OK at 95).

Those beams melt me so fast, and Wall seems inefective.
I want that Lode III though. :O

Bad streak of 100 gems continues and only 55 Mythrils. I don't think I should spend them here... It's kind of depressing seeing a few good banners in a row go while not being able to pull. Good luck everyone!

I now own every agrias relic... no THunder god here.

Oh well.

I also got the hat. No dupes at least. And her BSB is imperil holy , something I didn't have. I think I may have every holy BSB.

Hope, Pecil, minfilia, agrias... oh I'm missing beatrix

Had to reach my hard cap of 5 pulls, but on the 5th pull I did get Orlandeau's OSB!

Overall I got 2 of Mustadio's gun, 1 of Agrias's BSB, 2 of Orlandeau's BSB, and then some other stuff I didn't really even pay attention to since I wsn't gunning for them.

5 pulls, 1x 1/11, 1x 2/11, 1x 3/11, and 2x 4/11

MrDaravon

3/11 - Venetian Shield, Mythril Gun and Kaiser Shield (dupe)

Still kinda bummed that I didn't get anything for Cid and got a dupe but not going to complain with getting Mythril Gun, and the Venetian Shield isn't awful (and also has no currently known recurrences). I'll take it!

Overall my FFT synergy isn't awful (still no Shout though), but no FFT Medica is probably going to hurt for whatever the CM is :/

2/11 - Lambent Hat and Mythril Gun. No dupes, but no Aegis Strike or Cid's OSB or BSB.

I'll try again when I farm for more mythrils. At least my Ovelia can really heal now with medicas under her belt.

Wazzy

Banned
100 gem got me Mustadio gun!

I think I'm done with the rest of this banner. I want the OSB but I don't want to chase it.

Did 4 pulls: 2x Venetian Shield, Lambent Hat, 3x Healing Staff, TG SWORD(!), 3x Gun.

DISCO. BALL.

I guess the question is: do you need Cid's cloak to make use of TG Mode?

Balphon

Did 4 pulls: 2x Venetian Shield, Lambent Hat, 2x Healing Staff, TG SWORD(!), 3x Gun.

DISCO. BALL.

Cid gets an auto-TG RM but honestly you're probably best off giving him Powerchain.

Or hauling along some form of party short charge of you have one.

EDIT: Sorry, got it in my head that you were talking about the BSB alone for some reason.

Yeah, you can just chain it into itself once you use it the first time.

Xetherion

Did 4 pulls: 2x Venetian Shield, Lambent Hat, 2x Healing Staff, TG SWORD(!), 3x Gun.

DISCO. BALL.

No, you can just chain LS into OSB over and over again. Some even argue that this is better than OSB+BSB, there's been several threads on reddit where they do math on it. Some cases OSB spam is better, some OSB+BSB is better, but both methods do obscene DPS anyway.

Cid gets an auto-TG RM but honestly you're probably best off giving him Powerchain.

Or hauling along some form of party short charge of you have one.

EDIT: Sorry, got it in my head that you were talking about the BSB alone for some reason.

Yeah, you can just chain it into itself once you use it the first time.

Thanks, both of you. The long cast times of the BSB just made it appear that it was "meant" to be used in TG Mode, but I can absolutely see the utility of just doing PC->OSB->LS->OSB.

Tidd

100 gem pull got me what I really wanted from this banner - a Kaiser Shield for my Kain. Great. Now I don't know if I should do a 11x pull on this banner or on the nightmare dungeon. <.<

Top Bottom