• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Xetherion

So I'm thinking of changing my style a bit to keep things fresh in the game. As I've stated, my one claim to fame is having everybody at max level and always using a synergy-based team for that whole "it's the right way!" thing that keeps each realm special to me in my head.

But! I've been playing this game since Aug/Sep of 2015 and it's time to mix it up.

You people (hah) with your specialized teams or meta teams, do you have different teams based on each element as well? I like excel, I like lists, I was thinking of typing out things like "Holy Team" "Fire Weakness" "Ranged needed" etc.

Mostly just based around what relics I have. One of the things that led me to this is not being able to beat Nemesis, not even close right now.

I have a Holy team because I have Beatrix's Imperil and Pecil's enHoly, and just recently added Celes w/ her enHoly to the team.

If I ever get Imperils for Wind or Fire I can make those teams too. Maybe Dark as well since I have Leon's and Seph's enDarks, though Seph's is just an SSB.

Mostly though I use either my mage meta team, physical A-team, anti-phys team, or anti-magic team.

friz898

I have a Holy team because I have Beatrix's Imperil and Pecil's enHoly, and just recently added Celes w/ her enHoly to the team.

If I ever get Imperils for Wind or Fire I can make those teams too. Maybe Dark as well since I have Leon's and Seph's enDarks, though Seph's is just an SSB.

Mostly though I use either my mage meta team, physical A-team, anti-phys team, or anti-magic team.

I'm probably just not really thinking it over but..

..what is the difference in your anti-magic team and your physical team?

friz898

Well sorry about 3 posts in a row, not trying to spam the board. If you can't tell, I'm off today and playing a ton of FFRK. Cleaning up left over nightmare fights and such.

So quick question, fixing to beat FFT Belias in Valigarmanda Dungeon.

So uh, since when (why really, not when) could TG Cid use Darkness abilties?

In the original game, he not only was well revered/respected, but I believe he was even sent to jail or something for Treason, or some such because he spoke out against the king.

I've beat that game 5 times between ps1/psp, but the last time was 2007 on psp so can't remember exactly.

Credo

I know I should choose this on my own, but I thought I'd ask here since I'm paralyzed by indecision and since you're all much better informed than me. I already spent 150 mythril on phase 3. I got Bartz OSB, Golbez BSB, Sabin's SSB, and Laguna's SSB x2. Really wanted Cid's BSB since I'm weak magically and Gilgamesh's OSB since he's a staple for me. I know what everyone says about chasing items, so I guess I should just stop now, but I have 394 mythril left. I'm pulling 3 or 4 times on phase 4 and not pulling on phase 5, so that leaves me 194 to 244 mythril after factoring in phase 4 pulls. I have no idea about the items on banners coming up in the near future and how good or bad they are, so I don't know how important it is to save for banners coming up.

Should I not pull again on phase 3 so that I have 194 to 244 mythril after the anniversary event ends, or should I go ahead and pull one more time on phase 3 in the hopes of getting either of those items? I appreciate any advice, and good luck to everyone else with their draws!

Well sorry about 3 posts in a row, not trying to spam the board. If you can't tell, I'm off today and playing a ton of FFRK. Cleaning up left over nightmare fights and such.

So quick question, fixing to beat FFT Belias in Valigarmanda Dungeon.

So uh, since when (why really, not when) could TG Cid use Darkness abilties?

In the original game, he not only was well revered/respected, but I believe he was even sent to jail or something for Treason, or some such because he spoke out against the king.

I've beat that game 5 times between ps1/psp, but the last time was 2007 on psp so can't remember exactly.

He had every single sword ability in the original game, even Gaffgarion's.

friz898

He had every single sword ability in the original game, even Gaffgarion's.

Right. Wasn't he a combination of Gafgarion and Agrias?

Still different between using a drain/blood sword move and being "evil" and commanding the power of the darkness. That should be reserved for Bosses or like Seifer and Dark Cecil.

I'm not really up in arms, just seemed out of place to me.

Balphon

FFT Cid's action command set was just everything from the Holy Knight (Agrias), Dark Knight (Gafgarion), and Divine Knight (Meliadoul) sets in one.

scy

I have no idea about the items on banners coming up in the near future and how good or bad they are, so I don't know how important it is to save for banners coming up.

I can't answer exactly on the pull but as far as upcoming mage relics we have all of OK's relics coming up soon (April 13th or so) and then III + XI + Tactics all in a row for top tier Lightning relics in Desch, Shantotto (plus her Limit Chain), Rafa (MAG+MND on entry!) + Malak (MAG+RES debuff on entry). It's a little weak after that with some isolated good spots but then FFXIII Raines OSB+BSB hits in early July. For non-mage relics, Lion's ATK version of Vaan BSB is in the XI banner, Squall's BSB2 is at the end of May, and Cloud's USB meta hits in June for major standouts I can think of.

None of those mage relics are as good as Raines on his own but they're all pretty serviceable for mage output; if you were wanting Raines to start going all-in on a mage meta then it's pretty hard to replace but you 'can' rely on RW for awhile to get his stacking buff and BSB commands? If you just wanted to slot a good mage (or two) without full blown mage meta composition, you have options coming up (or already, Kuja + Alphinaud along with the above).

Balphon

Rapha and Lion's BSBs are the big winners from banners coming in the next month or so.

If they're unusually nice to us and add a second banner to the XI event you can add Ayame's BSB to that list as well.

Xetherion

I'm probably just not really thinking it over but..

..what is the difference in your anti-magic team and your physical team?

Anti-magic team:

Luneth bsb (auto-stun entry + stun proc cmd1. stun immunity is becoming more common though so might have to drop him soon ;_;)
Beatrix ssb (mblink)
Rosa ssb (mblink)
Tyro (Wall and/or bsb for another mblink)
Celes ssb (Grand Cross effect)

Anti-phys team:

Luneth bsb
Sabin ssb (pblink. also just got his medica that also gives +100% DEF...)
Eiko bsb (heal+pblink cmd1)
Tyro Wall
Basch sb (tauntaliate + DEF/ATK boostga)

If stun immune, replace Luneth with either more DPS or more mitigation.

I'm also considering replacing Tyro with Setzer since i pulled Setzer's burst.

Edit: just re-read your post and realized you asked about my physical team, not my anti-phys team.

Physical A-team:

Luneth bsb
Refia bsb
Eiko bsb
Tyro Wall
Leon bsb

Caim

So I'm thinking of changing my style a bit to keep things fresh in the game. As I've stated, my one claim to fame is having everybody at max level and always using a synergy-based team for that whole "it's the right way!" thing that keeps each realm special to me in my head.

But! I've been playing this game since Aug/Sep of 2015 and it's time to mix it up.

You people (hah) with your specialized teams or meta teams, do you have different teams based on each element as well? I like excel, I like lists, I was thinking of typing out things like "Holy Team" "Fire Weakness" "Ranged needed" etc.

Mostly just based around what relics I have. One of the things that led me to this is not being able to beat Nemesis, not even close right now.

You'll most likely need elemental teams once Magicite dungeons come around.

I'm trying to finish up my wind team since I have the imperil and Zidane's stuff.

Can't decide if I pull tonight... For the FFT relics, they are great but I don't "need" them. Also, 5 of the next 6 DU Lucky Draw have FFT in them. It's no guarantee of anything good from FFT, but it's very possible.

Now to Alphinaud BSB/SSB. I want them both, but they were featured in Extreme Fest and while banners change, I have a feeling that they will both be there again. I also have 2 dupes, Hamelin and Genji Gloves.

friz898

Can't decide if I pull tonight... For the FFT relics, they are great but I don't "need" them. Also, 5 of the next 6 DU Lucky Draw have FFT in them. It's no guarantee of anything good from FFT, but it's very possible.

Now to Alphinaud BSB/SSB. I want them both, but they were featured in Extreme Fest and while banners change, I have a feeling that they will both be there again. I also have 2 dupes, Hamelin and Genji Gloves.

So tonight is phase 4, the next nemesis mini-dungeon, and.....orbfest change?

MrDaravon

So tonight is phase 4, the next nemesis mini-dungeon, and.....orbfest change?

Yup, and FF6 goes away.

Definitely pulling tonight, Hamelin is my only dupe on this banner and I'd love to have most of the items on here.

I of course expect to go 1/11 Hamelin dupe, which will be extra ironic since I just pulled that in the last two weeks.

friz898

You'll most likely need elemental teams once Magicite dungeons come around.

I'm trying to finish up my wind team since I have the imperil and Zidane's stuff.

They're just something dirty about having Zidane right next to Yuna, Cloud, Lightning, and Kain.

It's like.. if highschool had a group of friends where every single person was a different stereotype. In my given example, at least Kain would probably backstab Cloud, fight off Lightning when she tried to come to Cloud's aid. Yuna would be spared only because she didn't act and was scared. Zidane would be late to the party and be like "wait, what?"

With Kain saying ".....(Cloud)...it had to be done."

I truly have nothing else to do right now why the A/C guy is working in my living room than type this nerdy bit up.

Credo

I can't answer exactly on the pull but as far as upcoming mage relics we have all of OK's relics coming up soon (April 13th or so) and then III + XI + Tactics all in a row for top tier Lightning relics in Desch, Shantotto (plus her Limit Chain), Rafa (MAG+MND on entry!) + Malak (MAG+RES debuff on entry). It's a little weak after that with some isolated good spots but then FFXIII Raines OSB+BSB hits in early July. For non-mage relics, Lion's ATK version of Vaan BSB is in the XI banner, Squall's BSB2 is at the end of May, and Cloud's USB meta hits in June for major standouts I can think of.

None of those mage relics are as good as Raines on his own but they're all pretty serviceable for mage output; if you were wanting Raines to start going all-in on a mage meta then it's pretty hard to replace but you 'can' rely on RW for awhile to get his stacking buff and BSB commands? If you just wanted to slot a good mage (or two) without full blown mage meta composition, you have options coming up (or already, Kuja + Alphinaud along with the above).

Rapha and Lion's BSBs are the big winners from banners coming in the next month or so.

If they're unusually nice to us and add a second banner to the XI event you can add Ayame's BSB to that list as well.

Thanks for the replies. I've never successfully chased a certain item before, so I guess I'll pass on rolling again for Cid's BSB. Maybe I'll get something in the next few months that helps me. If I pulled again on phase 3, I'd probably just end up with a third gun for Laguna.

Balphon

2/11, Alph BSB and Ramza SSB, both new.

Brings me to 4/10 items on his banner. Think I'm gonna call that a win and not draw again chasing an OSB.

scy

Only dupe for me is Hamelin sooo:

100 gem - 4* trash.
2/11 - Alphinaud BSB, Ashe OSB.
3/11 - Alphinaud SSB, Alphinaud BSB, Ashe OSB.

...not like this game.

First pull

Gsp17Q9l.jpg

6Yr9N5G.gif

Well... My most wanted relics right there... I also wanted agria's OSB and eiko's BSB but that'll do for now.

Syntsui

OH MY GOD SOMEONE HOLD ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the banner I had the most dupes, by far (5). With this in mind, I really wanted Cid's OSB, to the point I literally burned a lot of money in 9 pulls on his last banner which turned out fruitless.

The 100 gem pull was a dupe Chaos Rod and then.... 5/11 with one disco ball with my very last 50 gems.... two of those rainbows were new, which I couldn't give a fuck but it's cool. Then the disco ball........ AND IT'S FUCKING ORLANDU OSB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit I'm happy now, there is nothing I seek anymore, the goal has been achieved. With Raines' glove on the last banner and Orlandu OSB now, I'm done pulling, unless it's a very good lucky draw or some stacked fest, I don't even need anything for the new meta so it's not like I'll be missing something. What a night, I can't believe it.

Indignate

Banner 4 coming through for everyone it seems. After blowing 150 on 9's banner yesterday this feels really good. Everything is something that I wanted aside from OK, but that's also my first 5* one pull so can't complain.

Still want Ramza, Alph BSB, and Agrias osb, but definitely going to call this a win and not chase further.

Two 11 Pulls-

2x Durandal (OSB) for Ashe
1x Excalibur (BSB) for Agrias
2x Eternal Staff for Onion Knight
1x Genji Gloves for Ramza

Dupe for Ramza, everything else was new. Was hoping for Orlandu OSB, but no luck there. Do have enough mythril for another 11 pull, but just gonna save that for another day/banner.

Tidd

Did one more pull on the FF IX banner thanks to the orbfest mythril and got Beatrix OSB.
Wasn't my number 1 target but I take it.
Got most of my consolation prizes with 3 pulls: Quina's BSB, Beatrix SSB2 and OSB. Didn't get Kuja's new SSB and my main target Garnet's BSB2.
Looking at the next FF IX event I can completely ignore Banner 2 because it doesn't introduce new relics and I have everything on it except Garnet's BSB2 which could be return for the next fest if we follow Japan.

HOLY SHIT SOMEONE ON REDDIT GOT 8/11.

Credo

People better start posting their shit pulls so I don't get too tempted by reporting bias! Great pulls so far!

Got you covered

Was going to pull 4 times if I did badly, but at this point I think I may just quit playing. I saved up for months for this anniversary, dumped 300 mythril into it, and came away with 2 BSBs and very few SSBs. I haven't really improved at all.

MrDaravon

1st pull: Ragnarok x2, Eternal Staff
2nd pull: Evoker's Doublet

No dupes! Eternal Staff is kind of a bust and would have loved to have pulled Agrias' BSB, Cid's OSB, Yuna's BSB or Alph's BSB but not terrible. I've got Agrias' SSB but not her BSB so the OSB loses some usefulness (my only imperil Holy is Edward's BSB) but hey I'll take it. The Evoker Doublet is rad but outside of full mage teams it's probably not going to get him on my A-Team, but situtationally that seems extremely useful.

Probably shouldn't have gotten greedy and gone for the second pull lol. I had a good first pull, there was still 4 items on there I really wanted and I'd decided not to pull on banner 5 so figured I might as well and hope I got lucky. Ah well.

3/11

Got a dupe Chaos Rod, because of course, but the others were new. Onion Knight's SSB, and Eiko's BSB.

I'm very happy about Eiko's Medica. It's what I wanted most off the banner for utility purposes, and now I feel like I have a shot against Nemesis. 👍

Considering doing one more pull, but since I overspent on Banner 3, I should probably hold off.

100 gems: eiko bsb
150 mythril 3x ramza ssb, 1x ashe osb
3000 gems: 1x ok ssb, 1x yuna ssb (4th time getting this dupe)

Agrais and Orlandu osb why do you forsake me ;-;

Caim

OH MY GOD SOMEONE HOLD ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the banner I had the most dupes, by far (5). With this in mind, I really wanted Cid's OSB, to the point I literally burned a lot of money in 9 pulls on his last banner which turned out fruitless.

The 100 gem pull was a dupe Chaos Rod and then.... 5/11 with one disco ball with my very last 50 gems.... two of those rainbows were new, which I couldn't give a fuck but it's cool. Then the disco ball........ AND IT'S FUCKING ORLANDU OSB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit I'm happy now, there is nothing I seek anymore, the goal has been achieved. With Raines' glove on the last banner and Orlandu OSB now, I'm done pulling, unless it's a very good lucky draw or some stacked fest, I don't even need anything for the new meta so it's not like I'll be missing something. What a night, I can't believe it.

Congrats! Glad you finally got it.

friz898

I'm curious as well on this. I mean it has to have happened to someone somewhere right?

Ya just imagine how many people may have done something like that who don't pust on reddit/neogaf.

Also, imagine the people who are like just trying out the game for a month, pull 6/11 or something, and get bored with game and stop playing. It's like... tragic.

-change of subject-

I sorted out my reilcs from what I was talking about earlier...I'm not sure how this compares to anybody else since I've never paid attention but...

7 Holy Relics, 7 Non-E Relics, 7 Fire Relics, 5 Dark Relics...
2 Ice, 3 Wind, 1 Water, 3 Earth, 3 Lightning

6 Medicas.

I haven't counted how many ranged I have, or made some kind of list of Debuffs. In this post, Relic means SSB, BSB, or OSB.

Its just .05^10 for a chance to get an 11/11 5 star pull (since the 11th is garunteed)

So .0000000000000000009766

Might need an extra zero too tired/salty to think straight

OMG OMG OMG OMG!

First pull was 2/11 and it was underwhelming. Aiphinaud's armor(dupe) and Onion Knight's staff. I have almost everything for Onion Knight except for his OSB now.

Agrias BSB, Eiko's BSB, Cid's OSB and Yuna's SSB. I'm 7/10 on banner 4 now. Spent 150 mythrils and it was worth it.
I still want Agrias OSB! To chase or not?

ccbfan

Pretty decent end to final anniversary banner I'm rolling.

Rolled twice.

2/11

Ramza crit ssb
Ok ssb

4/11

Agrias osb
Eiko bsb
Ok ssb(dupe)
Yuna ssb(dupe)

Not bad. I have all of agrias sbs which includes enholy and imperial holy, so her osb is gonna be a nice combo. Pretty easy 99999. Eiko is my third omega tier healer bsb(I have amazing medica luck, so good that I didn't even rolls medica lucky draw cause I had so many medical) With eiko and zell bsb ramza crit ssb is gonna be nice. Ok ssb are two nice stat sticks for ff3.

3/11 Evoker's Doublet(s) and dupe Book of Wiyu. Ugh.

Then, 3/11 - Eiko BSB and OK SSB (which is great, because I usually run him as a mage, and this is another option). Plus a dupe Saintly Excalibur, which is now ++...

Cult of 3 got me Agrias OSB.

At that point, I had to pull again...

2/11 - another doublet, then Agrias BSB!

Ought to be set for any holy team I'd ever want to run for the foreseeable future:

Agrias
Orlandu
Minfilia
Firion
OK (or Vanille/Eiko/Relm)

(It's also crazy how many complete characters I have, like OK and Agrias.)

3/11 Evoker's Doublet(s) and dupe Book of Wiyu. Ugh.

Then, 3/11 - Eiko BSB and OK SSB (which is great, because I usually run him as a mage, and this is another option). Plus a dupe Saintly Excalibur, which is now ++...

Cult of 3 got me Agrias OSB.

At that point, I had to pull again...

2/11 - another doublet, then Agrias BSB!

Ought to be set for any holy team I'd ever want to run for the foreseeable future:

Agrias
Orlandu
Minfilia
Firion
OK (or Vanille/Eiko/Relm)

(It's also crazy how many complete characters I have, like OK and Agrias.)

Don't have to answer but do you whale to some extent or you are just lucky with gacha games? You have pretty crazy characters in FE Heroes too!

ccbfan

Got you covered

Was going to pull 4 times if I did badly, but at this point I think I may just quit playing. I saved up for months for this anniversary, dumped 300 mythril into it, and came away with 2 BSBs and very few SSBs. I haven't really improved at all.

Unless the veil of wiiu is a dupe. You got a relic thats probably the third best sb in the game. Arguably the best native sb. That alone will do more for your party than a many good pulls with a bunch of decent relics.

Top Bottom