• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Picked up Ultima Blade on 3-pull. :) As I said before got her shield on previous 3-pull. Beatrix is rockin it. My first holy sword, finally.

WarAdept

Ignored P3 and P4, so I managed to keep my mithril stash intact during that time. P5 has stuff that I want.

Namely Eiko's USB. 1st pull on P5.

xhks7Mi.jpg

UIC1yH4.jpg

Fuck. Yes. Bonus prizes of Cid Shout and Mage Shout Ver 3. Eiko's Record Spheres when.

She's never going to get them.

LucaMac

Dammit. Still no decent healer item bssb/Usb for me. My best is vanilles ether heal. It's not bad, but lacking even a basic healer bssb is hurting with the harder content. Back to 4 mythril. Saving up for Clouds USB so unless there's a banner with multiple healer items again soon.

Balphon

Dammit. Still no decent healer item bssb/Usb for me. My best is vanilles ether heal. It's not bad, but lacking even a basic healer bssb is hurting with the harder content. Back to 4 mythril. Saving up for Clouds USB so unless there's a banner with multiple healer items again soon.

Penelo 1 has her USB/BSB on it (which are okay) and Penelo 2 has Larsa's BSB (which is excellent).

MrDaravon

Nada on my 100-gem pull on banner 5, and I'm down to 42 mythril with no interest/ability in doing a gem pull on it really (there's only 3 things on there I'd really want so not worth it). Overall this was a pretty great anniversary for me; I went in eyeing some particular relics but more than anything was looking to fill medica gaps I had since I had none for some major realms like FF6/7/8. My pulls (all single x11 pulls), everything was new for me except for dupes I pulled within the banners themselves:

Curaga Lucky Draw: Aerith BSB, Eiko BSB
Enelement Lucky Draw: Steiner enFire BSB, Fang enWind SSB
BSB Lucky Draw: Locke BSB, Aerith BSB, Edward BSB
FF6 Banner 1: Sabin medica SSB x2
Free Anniversary Pull: Cloud OSB
Banner 1: Sephiroth OSB, Maria BSB
Banner 2: Zell SSB x2, Selphie SSB
Banner 3: Relm BSB x2
Banner 4 (2 pulls): Agrias OSBx2, OK Eternal Staff, Alph SSB

In hindsight the FF6 banner pull was kind of a bust since I wound up getting Locke/Relm BSB's elsewhere, but Sabin's medica armlet actually is relatively if not situationally useful so eh. The 2nd Banner 4 pull was only Alph's SSB which is also situationally great but I don't have anything else for him so that's not going to get much use for me outside of specific needs/setups. Agrias OSB is also awesome for the stat sticks, but I have everything BUT her BSB and Edward is my only imperil Holy so that's questionable.

In any case though hard to complain, I filled almost all of my medica gaps with great stuff and got a lot of other random prizes (I had really wanted Maria's BSB). Plan on doing a pull on the FFXI banner than probably nothing for a bit after that.

windfish

Heya, new player here. just stared playing on friday and really enjoying the game so far!

Thanks to all the free mytrhill I did a few 11 pulls on the phase 3 and 4 banner, as well as on that keeper's banner.
Not really sure if I should be content with my haul or reroll for something better, while I am still early into the game (and playing it f2p).

Best stuff I got are:
Durandal (XII) Ashe OSB,
Zeromus Shard (IV) Golbez BSB,
2x Eternal Staff (III) Onion K. SSB,
Fire Lash (V) Krile SSB,
Sirius (VIII) Laguna SSB,
Excalibur (V) Bartz SSB,
Book of Memories (?),
Genji Gloves (FFT) Ramza SSB
and one Evoker's Doublet (XIV) Alphinaud SSB

I guess the best Banners are already gone for now so it might be best to horde the remaining mythrill and play along with what I got? Putting Ashe, Ramza and maybe Golbez/ Bartz in my Team?
Advice would be greatly appreciated :D

MiTYH

Did a pull on this banner, went 1/11 but got Eiko's USB!

So that makes my anniversary totals:
- Squall OSB
- Sephiroth OSB
- Eiko USB
- Sheepsong (forget who)

Overall... not terrible. It was about 6 multipulls. First two got me the OSBs on each, three pulls on banner three got my sheepsong and not much else, last one got me the OSB. Can't really complain, I have some nice diversity now for some weapons/teams, and I still have some mythril to get from elite normal stages. Gotta do omega first and get some MC3 lodes though

Dragner

I say goodbye to a pretty crappy fest. No mythril lefts and not a ton of relics. But well, time so save a bit for the next failed chase (Irvine BSB).

as a new player, should I also try to pull on the ff ix banner for beatrix? i did an impulse pull here and got quina ssb and freiya ssb...

and atm my party is:

tyro 22/50 --> crappy 4* sword
beatrix 23/50 --> zantesuken
orlandu 49/50 --> saintly exalibur osb
cloud 39/50 --> gold sword
ashe 48/50 --> durandal osb
i've got also
yuna ssb
vanille bsb
eiko usb

should i be able to continue in the rose of may event? Finished the normal event, but i'm not sure how i will fare in the elite, and up to what point :)
I'm interested in the reward of the elite part, but I wonder If i'll be able to progress... Should I level the other guys? tyro//beatrix//cloud??

Or should i get one of the gals for whom I dropped the ssb//bsb/usb?

Haha! Boundless Nemesis Mastered! And only on my second real try! I did S/L a bunch to start with to learn how to deal with his initial same three move opening salvo, but once I figured out how to deal with it, that's when the real fight began.

I'm so relieved too. I had planned my pulls for the past few months to get Nemesis appropriate gear but didn't have as much luck as I'd hoped, but it turns out I had just enough.

Vaan got smoked right at the end, but it didn't matter. Nemesis killed himself with a reflected Ultimate Etheral Cannon against Vanille.

I haven't seen anyone on the Global wiki with exactly this team makeup either, so that's pretty cool.

Pejo

Well, I came out with everything I really wanted from the fest. Got some good new BSBs, Tyro's Ultra, OK's gauntlet (well that was from the Realm Lucky before fest, but still), and a few OSB's. Now I need to concentrate on getting some more characters to level 99 to ease farming the U+s for more RM3s. Then I need to go in heavy to get OK motes during the next FFIII event, to make him more usable. Really, I just need to unlock Support 5* so I can full break with him, to finally put Ramza out of a job.

I'll do the 100gem on banner 5 later today, but from now on it's back into Mythril save mode.

ccbfan

Heya, new player here. just stared playing on friday and really enjoying the game so far!

Thanks to all the free mytrhill I did a few 11 pulls on the phase 3 and 4 banner, as well as on that keeper's banner.
Not really sure if I should be content with my haul or reroll for something better, while I am still early into the game (and playing it f2p).

Best stuff I got are:
Durandal (XII) Ashe OSB,
Zeromus Shard (IV) Golbez BSB,
2x Eternal Staff (III) Onion K. SSB,
Fire Lash (V) Krile SSB,
Sirius (VIII) Laguna SSB,
Excalibur (V) Bartz SSB,
Book of Memories (?),
Genji Gloves (FFT) Ramza SSB
and one Evoker's Doublet (XIV) Alphinaud SSB

I guess the best Banners are already gone for now so it might be best to horde the remaining mythrill and play along with what I got? Putting Ashe, Ramza and maybe Golbez/ Bartz in my Team?
Advice would be greatly appreciated :D

Definitely go Mage meta here.

Golbez
Ashe
Krile
Alphinaud as Red Mage
Tyro as Healer/Support

RW Cid Raines or Wall.

that alone will allow you to finish all content right now.

Edit- Forgot you just started playing and OK will be trash unless your 95+.

friz898

This thread is scrolling so fast right now due to anniversary stuff going on, if you're a new player and have a specific question or two, put it on one line, or a list or something.

There's a bunch of people here who have been playing for 1-2 years and will help if they see it.

Balphon

as a new player, should I also try to pull on the ff ix banner for beatrix? i did an impulse pull here and got quina ssb and freiya ssb...

and atm my party is:

tyro 22/50 --> crappy 4* sword
beatrix 23/50 --> zantesuken
orlandu 49/50 --> saintly exalibur osb
cloud 39/50 --> gold sword
ashe 48/50 --> durandal osb
i've got also
yuna ssb
vanille bsb
eiko usb

Only if you really like Beatrix. You have a nice base here to build around with Vanille/Eiko for healing, Ashe as your black mage, and Orlandeau for damage and general utility. Quina will work as a Support for now but you'll probably want to be on the lookout for Support and/or debuff-focused SBs in the short term.

should i be able to continue in the rose of may event? Finished the normal event, but i'm not sure how i will fare in the elite, and up to what point :)
I'm interested in the reward of the elite part, but I wonder If i'll be able to progress... Should I level the other guys? tyro//beatrix//cloud??

Or should i get one of the gals for whom I dropped the ssb//bsb/usb?

You should be able to handle at least the first part of the elite event. The difficulty escalates pretty slowly until you get to the "bonus" battles at the bottom of the list (colored in red, then purple) where the difficulty will quickly spike. Best advice is just to try them until you find one you can't beat to figure out where your current benchmark is.

And as a general rule you'll want to focus on the characters you have soul breaks for, so unlock/level them first. Vanille's BSB is excellent, if you haven't unlocked her yet I'd spend your next tokens on her, it is a very powerful healing SB and should make things much easier pretty quickly.

scy

Tidus almost hit level 80 by the time he coughed up Ace Striker but at least I have it now :|

Beatrix's stuff being split on the banners (OSB/SSB on Banner 1, BSB/SSB/Unique on Banner 2) makes getting things for her a little awkward. Her Imperil Holy BSB is nice to go with Orlandeau but Banner 2 is a lot worse than Banner 1. So if you're pulling, you're pulling on Banner 1 for the OSB/EnHoly SSB but you're secretly hoping for Quina's BSB to fill your support gap or Garnet BSB2 for ATK/MAG buff and Imperil Lightning for your Ashe OSB.

Still, you really should at least be using Vanille so you have a healer with that group. Quina's SSB is +50% ATK and can carry Full Break, though you probably can't craft that yet, so there's some argument there too; bonus points for already having access due to the FFIX event.

As for the event, you can basically ride a strong OSB RW and clear all the fights that give Mythril? Might hit a struggle vs trash fights on the later ones but the actual boss fights can be one-and-done via an OSB for awhile.

For future stuff, I don't believe the WoFF banner coming up has too many notable goodies outside of Sarah (FF1) BSB but that's a hard sell on that banner. FFIII event afterwards has the entire Onion Knight banner so that may be worth pursuing, though he's useless without an MC3 that may be out of your reach for the time being (unless you got the free one during anniversary?).

Syntsui

Please tell me we can safely farm all motes to fully dive OK during his event. I have his BSB and he is at level 95, but there is absolutely no use for him in his actual state.

Please tell me we can safely farm all motes to fully dive OK during his event. I have his BSB and he is at level 95, but there is absolutely no use for him in his actual state.

Oh yeah, the iii event has the bonus rounds where you can get xp and onion motes may drop. Far better than farming the mote dungeon Ahriman. I'd highly recommend that everyone farm for them even if you don't yet have relics for him, considering how often they are in banners.

Haha! Boundless Nemesis Mastered! And only on my second real try! I did S/L a bunch to start with to learn how to deal with his initial same three move opening salvo, but once I figured out how to deal with it, that's when the real fight began.

I'm so relieved too. I had planned my pulls for the past few months to get Nemesis appropriate gear but didn't have as much luck as I'd hoped, but it turns out I had just enough.

Vaan got smoked right at the end, but it didn't matter. Nemesis killed himself with a reflected Ultimate Etheral Cannon against Vanille.

I haven't seen anyone on the Global wiki with exactly this team makeup either, so that's pretty cool.

Grats! RW Deployment Tactic? My team might be same as yours or maybe Relm instead of Eiko. I have almost all the healers BSB.

friz898

Onion Motes from poster above me^^^
Good to know on the Onion stuff, after getting two of his SSB's, I'm using him pretty regularly, I really like Blowback, as it's kind of like a free little medica while I usually use him for Support. I think I have Support 5 and WHM 5 on him. Rest are still 3 star.

100gem pull last night was 3star trash dupe from FF12. My lucky streak came to an end.

Nightmare Victories:
Also last night I beat Crushdown and Reraise on the first tries for both. Some of you may remember only a month or so ago, I cried about Crushdown and needing level 150. But this time I focused around my two OSB's, and had Medica/Magic Blinks available thanks to Relm, Eiko, Rosa, and Oveila. This made things a lot smoother.

Oh, and for Crushdown, whoever pointed out to me about having my best 3 attackers in the middle, that was the key thing I was missing last time.

Nemesis:
Also, I beat Nemesis d180 pretty easily. I used the same strategy that I've seen several mention, I had Alphinaud use his Deployment tactics, and I had my WoL do Lifesiphon plus his OSB with Holy boost gear and RM, and the other 3 slots were 3 WHM for Medica, Magic Blink, Protectga/Shellga, and Curaise/Arise.

It seemed like an exploit watching Nemesis kill himself. Everytime he would attack me, he would take 8-10k dmg back on him. I won't be trying boundless however, I don't care about name in lights or the cash.

Edit: Tried to format my ramble a bit with shiny bold/underline.

Edit2: Oh, and the person asking for help, two people covered it already, but didn't want you to think I ignored your reply.

Pejo

Well holy shit. Did the 100gem pull from banner 5 this morning, and got Eiko's Ultra burst. Pretty damn cool, even though I typically never take healers with me for content.

friz898

Well holy shit. Did the 100gem pull from banner 5 this morning, and got Eiko's Ultra burst. Pretty damn cool, even though I typically never take healers with me for content.

Grats,

and what is your usual setup?

I always have at least one cleric,. sometimes 2.

Edit: Well I mean "real content" anything less than 99, I don't need a healer or even anything than autoattack.

Pejo

Grats,

and what is your usual setup?

I always have at least one cleric,. sometimes 2.

I run:

- P. Cecil with Curaja r4 and Banishing Strike (only have his SSB, almost never gets to use it.)
- Keeper with Magic Breakdown and usually a condition satisfying skill, like elemental damage/poison/slowga, etc. I have every one of his SB's, so he's mostly using his Burst these days, or Wall when I really need it. Just got the Ultra but I don't see myself using it much personally.
- Ramza with Full Break r3 and some other breakdown, usually depending on what I'm fighting. He's got Shout, Stone Throw, and Tailwind, so he does have some utility. I plan to replace him with OK once I get his support 5* motes.

Last two spots are physical damage dealers, highly dependent on realm synergy or element. If everything is neutral, I go with Zack BSB for imperil wind, and Luneth for wind BSB. Combined they basically eat everything. If there's a holy weakness, I have Firion and Warrior of Light's BSB. Lightning elements are Lightning and Kain BSBs, the other stuff I just basically use the wind stuff, since I think it's the only Imperil I have, and they're both level 99.

I plan on branching out some once I get OK in the picture and can use some of the mage BSBs I have without gimping the damage. Still never ever take a healer though. I almost always take Y'sh or Vanille burst RW's with me when I do anything over difficulty 120. I like healing to be quick and not have to worry about building meter for it.

friz898

I run:

- P. Cecil with Curaja r4 and Banishing Strike (only have his SSB, almost never gets to use it.)
- Keeper with Magic Breakdown and usually a condition satisfying skill, like elemental damage/poison/slowga, etc. I have every one of his SB's, so he's mostly using his Burst these days, or Wall when I really need it. Just got the Ultra but I don't see myself using it much personally.
- Ramza with Full Break r3 and some other breakdown, usually depending on what I'm fighting. He's got Shout, Stone Throw, and Tailwind, so he does have some utility. I plan to replace him with OK once I get his support 5* motes.

Last two spots are physical damage dealers, highly dependent on realm synergy or element. If everything is neutral, I go with Zack BSB for imperil wind, and Luneth for wind BSB. Combined they basically eat everything. If there's a holy weakness, I have Firion and Warrior of Light's BSB. Lightning elements are Lightning and Kain BSBs, the other stuff I just basically use the wind stuff, since I think it's the only Imperil I have, and they're both level 99.

I plan on branching out some once I get OK in the picture and can use some of the mage BSBs I have without gimping the damage. Still never ever take a healer though. I almost always take Y'sh or Vanille burst RW's with me when I do anything over difficulty 120. I like healing to be quick and not have to worry about building meter for it.

Well Cecil mostly answers it. I usually run Holy Cross or whatever it's called, along with Banishing Strike and Azure Blade RM. Or, if not holy, then Gaia Cross and Armorstrike duo.

With m WHM having Holy or a Summon loaded if Prot/Shell not needed. Sometimes Cecil is my Prot/Shell if my support or blm can't cover the one opposite of my WHM.

Thorgal

Did a final 100 gem pull before going back to hoard mode and lo and behold i pull Eiko's USB.

together with Y'shtola's BSB my healer game is on point .

c-murph

Saved up 15 Million gil from orbfest... but then I spent it all on a 8* Cloud Guise (VII), a 2nd 8* Heroic Shield (III), 8* Bomb Core (IV), 8* Onion Sword (III), 8* Excalibur (VI), and a 2nd 8* Platinum Sword (FFT).

I figured 9* items won't be around until the end of the year and don't need 18 million saved.

friz898

Saved up 15 Million gil from orbfest... but then I spent it all on a 8* Cloud Guise (VII), a 2nd 8* Heroic Shield (III), 8* Bomb Core (IV), 8* Onion Sword (III), 8* Excalibur (VI), and a 2nd 8* Platinum Sword (FFT).

I figured 9* items won't be around until the end of the year and don't need 18 million saved.

No idea when they're coming, but it must be awhile if you can't do it in Japan yet, as in several months away.

Reforging going to be the most expensive thing, however, when you're dealing with 5star gems, for Orb Exchange, Shatter/Create/Hone abilities, it can add up quickly.

Lastly, Gil days for dailies being Wed and Sat, work plenty well for needing to grind some gil, and I imagine it will get an upgrade as well when we get the new dailies which are like next week or the week after.

The anniversary was pretty good for me! I have got quite a big power spike now, so much so that i just thrashed all the incomplete Nightmare bosses pretty easily! Looking forward to finally jumping into the Torment dungeons when they re-open again. As for specifics:

Best Pull
: 100 Gem Kuja's BSB! Or perhaps my 3rd lucky draw (Onion Knight and Agrias BSBs)
Most Improved Character: Maria. Got both her BSB and OSB, took her to 99 and fully record dived.
Relic I missed out on: Golbez BSB. Dumped majority of my resources trying to get it, had pretty awful luck on that particular banner.

Nemesis Infinity seems to be a bit beyond my grasp with what i have available, but happy to get the medium difficulty one down at least. Hopefully can scramble some mythril together in time for a pull on FF3 banner 1, then it's saving again until June.

Glad I pulled Tyro's USB considering it still is crashing my game over a week later. What a kick in the nuts to get Nemesis down to 20% only for it to crash on the third cast. email to support sent. where is my mythril.

have to reformulate plan. not sure if I'm going to bother. I have the pieces: edge ssb, vanille/eiko/rosa bsb alphinaud shield, setser/fran bsb but I'm jsut not feeling enthused about blowing time on this, maybe since its open for the week I'll get around to trying again.

ultra7k

Finally cleared Nemesis Boundless.

Ended up using Vanille's BSB as a RW, having native Wall, Last Stand, Hastega and Aerith's USB, and Deployment tactics.

Guess I just needed that last bit of synergy for III to do this.

Guess the key was not to be stingy with SB bars and casting Medicas left right and center!

Beat Nemesis with 36 seconds left on the timer.

scy

Oh man, I didn't realize Orbfest Phase 5 ended tonight. I still had some leveling I wanted to accomplish. That's kind of a bummer :(

WarAdept

I actually had to run Eiko + Vanille on Kuja because all the pugs were useless in healing after Ultima.

=\

Fine. I'll just spam instant heals all day.

Dragner

Mote Dungeons come back. What do I need to know farming Onion Motes? Drop rate? How many expected to obtain easier from 3 event?

You can obtain everything from III event in fact I got more than I needed. Still the drop rate isnt the best so rng will tell. There was people that couldnt get everything from the event and had to farm Ahriman. Ahriman has a droprate of 20% more or less.

Top Bottom