• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Don't have to answer but do you whale to some extent or you are just lucky with gacha games? You have pretty crazy characters in FE Heroes too!

I have a gaming budget that I stick to, but I'm also really lucky. My thought process is basically straightforward, and I'll skip past the rationalizing part ("This is the only game I play regularly, so let's reward the developers") and thus skirt bullshit.

In FFRK, I do 100 gem pulls on every banner. I've chased three relics: Ramza's Shout, OK's BSB gauntlets, and Orlandu's OSB. All of those were absolute game-changers for me. I don't pull on regular banners. Just Lucky Banners and Anniversary ones.

In FF: Brave Exvius, I chased Noctis (probably the best character in the entire game) over Christmas, which coincided with some holiday cash I got. I also bought a few pulls to get Orlandu, but I was insanely lucky because it only took two of them ... and I used Amazon coins, and the cost was defrayed with a birthday Amazon gift card my parents got me.

In FE: Heroes, I tossed something like $50 at the developers on opening weekend to get a starting army (after rerolling for two 5*) and haven't spent since. I play that game the least, and it holds the least amount of nostalgia for me, so I'll probably be strictly F2P. I basically treated it like a new 3DS game.

Basically, my philosophy is that I'll assess the marginal utility of things before deciding whether to spend mythril or gems. I knew something like OK's BSB would be something I'd use all the time, so I think I bought like 7 pulls to get it ... then was F2P (barring 100 gems) until now.

For instance, I suspect that from here on out, I'll be doing solely 100 gem pulls and collecting mythril until Cloud's USB is released.

I don't know if this is whaling, but I try to be smart about things, pick my battles, and don't succumb to rage-pulling.

The best advice, really. As much as I want to chase Agrias and Orlandeau here, there's a lot of FFT Lucky Draws that I may hit. Just set my salt aside and ride it out.

Yup. And the Lucky Draws you'll be pulling on, I've got no interest in. It works out nicely that way. (I agree that avoiding rage pulling is the most fundamental thing you can possibly do.)

Nah it's not whaling, sounds like the right amount of luck mixed with a well budgeted disposable income used on entertainment that you feel deserves the money you occasionally send their way.

I did every 100 gems ever available and that must now amount to close to 300$ in Canada, if not a bit more. Did not get everything I wanted but I am in a good place. Spent about the same as you on FE but that game doesn't like me.

The best advice, really. As much as I want to chase Agrias and Orlandeau here, there's a lot of FFT Lucky Draws that I may hit. Just set my salt aside and ride it out.

Yea exactly that! I am getting better at this. I half pull for utility/power and half for favorites. I learned to control myself, the 100 Mythrils I have left want to go for this banner but my synergy for X is terrible, Lulu is in my top 3 favorites and her BSB will be with Yuna USB on the next event so those pulls will go there. Like you said earlier, reading people great pulls is the hardest part.

2/22 2xGenji Gloves

Well at least it is new and raises crit damage stacks well with raises crit now if only Eiko had more HP...oh whats that she's not getting record sphere ever unlocked because global will never get 6* bard?

K4Te1lm.jpg

Ahnez

Only had Agrias BSB and Alph SSB

Did 3 pulls, got 2x Alph SSB, Ramza's gloves and OK staff

Now I have all of OK's relics BUT his burst..

evangd007

Stage 4 - 2/11 - 2x Ashe OSB

Dupe OSBs are OK I guess? I'm 3/11 on the banner now with Ashe OSB, Cid OSB, and Alph BSB, and as much as I'd like to get Depoyment Tactics or Eiko's BSB, it's not worth it when I have so much of the good stuff already on the banner. So yeah, done with fest pulling.

Mithral Spent - 325
OSBs - 2x Ashe, Tidus, OK
BSBs - Krile, Golbez, PCecil, Vanille, Zell
SSBs - Rosa, Lulu, Celes, 3x Zell, Krile, Minfillia, Braska, Edge

Mithral balance - 217

Status - Still looking for a mixed MAG buff for mage meta.

friz898

Lucky Time for me as well on phase 4 last night.

100gem pull = Alphinaud Deployment Tactics SSB

3/11 on a rare 50 mythril pull from me. Got OK Eternal Staff, Agrias Excalibur, and Alphinaud's BSB

So, after beaing the Hall of Betrayal, I broke Alphinaud because wel the game wanted me to.

Kain

Beat Nemesis!!!!

OMG, never thought I'd pull that off

After all my crying got lucky with the 100 gem pull and got Deployment tactics, so I decided to try. Setup:

Alphinaud - Valefor, Chain blizzaga (just to cast something for a couple of turns), BSB, Deployment tactics
Vaan - Power breakdown, Magic breakdown (use it once then rely on the first command of his BSB), BSB in the back and equiped with a gun (don't know if it helped but just in case, everybody else was in the back lol)
Aerith - Ultra cure, Shellga, USB
Relm - Curaja, Protectga, BSB
Master race Tyro - Curaja, Wrath, BSB, Wall

RW - Tyro's USB

Now, I only experted it, I think I can do better with Edge's SSB as a RW, so I'll try in the future, probably.

Man that was tense. At the end Relm's last stands weren't enough and I couldn't keep up with all the damn damage, and the thing is FAST. There was a moment when Tyro was casting his third Wall and I got like four attacks and two dead people (ressurrected with LS) in the meantime.

I have to say the key with this setup is the shield. The two dps aren't enough, not by a long shot, to down the thing. You NEED deployment tactics or similar. While Alphinaud's first command of his BSB was doing, like, 9ks a pop and Vaan's were doing 3-4ks, Nemesis was eating his own damage in the 12-15ks at every turn.

Sooooo that was fun, but I hope to not see a boss like that ever again lol

B.K.

I did a pull last night on banner four with a combination of mythril and gems. I was 3/11.

Agrias BSB
Eiko BSB
Yuna SSB

Eiko's BSB makes three WHM BSBs that I have now. I have Aerith, Eiko, and Relm's BSBs now. Which is the best to use? Eiko's seems like it would probably be good for physical teams, but I like Relm's instant Curaja.

I have very good elements to beat Nemesis but I will need to RW Deployment Tactics. Will need to look into a strat involving that, I know it's doable that way.

Anustart

Finally got Affliction Break to r2. Been wanting to do that for awhile.

With my new tyro usb and r2 affliction break, I'm immune to sti's.

Also, my wind team is stacked.

Alphinaud, Fang, Luneth, Cid (7).

Have bursts for alph, luneth and cid. Ssb for fang.

Get some wind weak foes, you going down.

Nearly missed this but that Galuf "solo" player actually beat bonudless nemesis:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...f_solos_everything_nemesis_boundless_edition/
I don't see them in the official site hall of fame so I guess using core bard=hacked but a team of Luneth, Desch, Ingus, Arc and Cloud with crap abilities=legit.

Edit: Anyone going through the FFIX event you absolutely have to try out drawtaliate against Lani. You won't regret it
it's some psycho cyan shit you'll see go down as Lani takes physical damage so counters by doing physical damage which is countered due to retaliate which she then counters back contrary to how these things normally occur

Salty as fuck I didn't realize the ff6 event ended early :(
It lasted the normal amount of time for an event. It's just last orbfest the event that ran then (FFV was it?) lasted a lot longer than usual so most people would have expected this to be the same.

MrDaravon

The FF6 ran the overall normal length of time for an event but it started earlier in the week than events usually do, and the bonus battles still dropped on the normal bonus battle day which was later into the event's timespan than typical so I think it fucked everyone up. I probably would have missed it too if I hadn't seen multiple PSA threads on reddit about it.

Also the FF9 Bonus Battles hit tomorrow, not today because reasons.

The FF6 ran the overall normal length of time for an event but it started earlier in the week than events usually do, and the bonus battles still dropped on the normal bonus battle day which was later into the event's timespan than typical so I think it fucked everyone up. I probably would have missed it too if I hadn't seen multiple PSA threads on reddit about it.

Also the FF9 Bonus Battles hit tomorrow, not today because reasons.

Yeah this whole move in week threw off my ability to check online for those kind of psa's. Oh well gonna just be extra diligent going forward.

FFMafia

So I wanted to pull for garnets bssb2 right now but someone informed me the (edit: activiation not release ) of command one is a BLK not a SUM move. Crap I wanted to use this for the nightmare summon dungeons

So uhm.. New player here...
I did the 10+1 on my first login day..
Was phase 4..
I got orlandu osb, ashe osb, yuna chaos rod, and two more 5* untied..
I pulled good?
I bought orlandu as a result, and forced my way to finish the ff9 non elite event..
Should i also get ashe and try to do the elite version of the event?

Ahnez

Was phase 4..
I pulled good?
I bought orlandu as a result, and forced my way to finish the ff9 non elite event..

Your pull was betten than any of mine

About Ashe, as you have her OSB, it is definitely worth unlocking her. Not only for this event, but she is an excelent mage overall

Thorgal

If I have the required crystal can I instantly unlock a character 99 level cap or do you have to do all 3 of the Level cap crystal unlocks?

c-murph

Are 6* Dark Matter available yet? I have Terra's OSM at 8* and apparently it can be reforged to 9* with 6* Dark Matter and 18M Gil.

friz898

Are 6* Dark Matter available yet? I have Terra's OSM at 8* and apparently it can be reforged to 9* with 6* Dark Matter and 18M Gil.

Nope.

All though cpp made comment a while back that when it is available, it's going to cost 18mil gil, Just a heads up.

Grats on being one of the first to have a Rank 9 relic when it does come.

Anustart

Was phase 4..
I pulled good?

I've been pulling for 2 years and have never done better than 4/11. You're just more proof that everyone pulls except mine are insane.

Ahnez

So... do you need Last Stand to beat Nemesis? I'm not sure how this fight works.

Most of its attacks are massively powerful, its absurdly fast (650 spd), and some of its attacks are almost instant cast too

Also, those things:

Boundless Ethereal Cannon - 99999 damage to one target
Boundless Ultima: 0.01s cast time, 980% AoE NAT Non Elemental Magic (Note, this multiplier is comparable to the Nightmare wipes)
Armageddon - 350% PHY damage. Piercing, Ignores Blink

Also one AoE attack that can slow.......

Its almost impossible to deal with this bullshit even with Last Stand

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lol

Is it worth even trying the easy versions of Nemesis? I don't know if I care enough to try it if everything he does kills you instantly.

c-murph

Nope.

All though cpp made comment a while back that when it is available, it's going to cost 18mil gil, Just a heads up.

Grats on being one of the first to have a Rank 9 relic when it does come.

Thanks! Gotta get to 18M first though. I'm only sitting on 7 mil at the moment... When does orbfest end?

Balphon

lol

Is it worth even trying the easy versions of Nemesis? I don't know if I care enough to try it if everything he does kills you instantly.

The two lower ones are comparable to other bosses of the same difficulty. It's only the "Infinity" one that's intentionally ridiculous.

Top Bottom