• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus for PS2 announced!!!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Why does Vincent have such a large following? I know my FFVII history is kinda hazy in my memory, but I don't remember him playing that much of a part in the story except as nothing more than an additional party character....

Kon Tiki

Banned
"Hey, there is a lot of demand for a FFVII remake on Gamecube."

"Really? We shall get started on a FFVII game for PS2, a FFVII movie....oh lets port that to PSP too."

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Society said:

"Really? We shall get started on a FFVII game for PS2, a FFVII movie....oh lets port that to PSP too."

There's a lot of demand for a FFVII remake on the PS2 as well... what's your point?

Sho Nuff

Banned
Society said:

doc-1259.jpg

belgurdo

Banned
DarienA said:
Why does Vincent have such a large following? I know my FFVII history is kinda hazy in my memory, but I don't remember him playing that much of a part in the story except as nothing more than an additional party character....

Games's token "Bishounen badass" party member+teh angst+weird subplot=liked by fans

I couldn't stand using the dude though, since he was weak for a gun user and his limits didn't help in boss fights, but he had an interesting story

Cioran

Looks nice, but I wonder if it's not overkill to do such a game with all the Devil May Cry and similar games already available on the PS2... I guess Square will cook up something different enough. I wonder if they're going to do a bunch of FFVIII spinoff games/products next!

belgurdo

Banned
Cioran said:
I wonder if they're going to do a bunch of FFVIII spinoff games/products next!

I'm wondering too, since at times it was selling more than VII, and I'm honestly interested in what happened to the characters after the end (time travel can lead to a lot of alternate plotlines)

Eric-GCA

Banned
Like someone said, Vincent is just like Cloud and Sephiroth, but with a smaller profile. Mind you, as I've always been one to question why the hell these characters are so famous for only appearing in ONE game (which I played, and didn't think was all that special, especially the characters), I doubt I could give a good answer as to why he's so popular.

Cioran said:
Looks nice, but I wonder if it's not overkill to do such a game with all the Devil May Cry and similar games already available on the PS2... I guess Square will cook up something different enough. I wonder if they're going to do a bunch of FFVIII spinoff games/products next!

So, are you saying that it's an action game? The screens certainly look that way. SquareEnix is really mixing up the FF Pot.

bloke said:
SquareEnix is on total rage, how many games they announced last month or two?

Lets see,

Radiata Stories
Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus
Some new Nintendo DS game
Romaning Saga 1 remake
Final Fantasy CC DS

AssMan

Banned
The art looks good. I'm just hoping it isn't an action game, like DMC, Castlevania:LOI, Nanobreakers, Berserk, etc, etc etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,..............................ETC!

AssMan said:
The art looks good. I'm just hoping it isn't an action game, like DMC, Castlevania:LOI, Nanobreakers, Berserk, etc, etc etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,..............................ETC!

yeah, I am hoping for a good action rpg! Man TGS is gonna be awesome :D

Takuan

Looks like an action title.

yhhh5.jpg

I wonder if that "compilation of FFVII" is referring to Dirge of Cerberus?
Edit: Apparently it is... darn.

While it looks interesting I wish Square would spinoff other FFs as well.

I mean if the Gunblade isn't just made or an action game, then I don't know what is.

Die Squirrel Die said:
While it looks interesting I wish Square would spinoff other FFs as well.

I mean if the Gunblade isn't just made or an action game, then I don't know what is.

There doesn't seem to be much of a demand to spinoff any other FF. With FF7, they can basically do a game spinoff for every main character in the game since they're all pretty damn popular. That might be what they're doing now.

Top Bottom