• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus for PS2 announced!!!

belgurdo

Banned
D2M15 said:
Hey, Cerberus needs a dirge like I need more shitty third-person action games.

Because you've managed to build a time machine, warp forward a couple of years, and have done everything in the game

belgurdo said:
Maybe I was wrong about people being satisfied with all of this VII stuff; people will just complain until they get FFVII in a new box with an extra character or two added
I like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. That doesn't mean I'd care if Tony Hawk's Weapon-Based Fighting was announced.

Soul4ger

What's with the subtitles for these games?

Advent Children
Beyond Crisis
Cerberus Dirge

Could there possibly be any reason for this? AM I LOOKING INTO THINGS TOO MUCH?

jenov4

Soul4ger said:

Advent Children
Beyond Crisis
Cerberus Dirge

Could there possibly be any reason for this? AM I LOOKING INTO THINGS TOO MUCH?

Whoa!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
jenov4 said:

Actually its:
Advent Children
Beyond Crisis
Dirge of Cerberus

That's more so the pattern.
My diagnosis, 26 FFVII spinoffs all receiving C- from Gaming Age.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
belgurdo said:
Because you've managed to build a time machine, warp forward a couple of years, and have done everything in the game

I'm not sure what's sadder: your terrier-like defense of a game you haven't seen, or the fact that I'm serious when I say I need more shitty third-person action games.

They're all that keeps me going.

Soul4ger

RevenantKioku said:
Actually its:
Advent Children
Beyond Crisis
Dirge of Cerberus

That's more so the pattern.

Yeah, I was gonna correct myself, but I figured, either way, it worked into some sort of pattern. I think they plan on making enough FFVII sequels to combine two letters of the alphabet, to get every imagineable combination! BRILLIANT. CAN YOU COLLECT THE ALPHABET AND SAVE THE WORLD FROM HOLY?!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
D2M15 said:
I'm not sure what's sadder: your terrier-like defense of a game you haven't seen, or the fact that I'm serious when I say I need more shitty third-person action games.

I'm not sure I'd finger Belgurdo as a Squeenix apologist, that's more like my job. I think he's just trying to say "Be more open minded." in his own special way.

On a delicious side note: Mmm pot pie.

On a correction note. Oh you really want more DMC clones? Okay, more power to you.

AssMan

Banned
In Dirge of Cerberus, players take control of Vincent, a former member of the Turks. The game takes place a year following Advent Children, which means it follows the events of the PlayStation Final Fantasy VII. The story begins as a mysterious group called "DG" suddenly begins attack of a peaceful town, leaving only one choice for Vincent -- to fight back!

VAN HELLSING!

RevenantKioku

eXxy said:
irrelevant

swassvincent.jpg

Seriously though, at this point, its okay to stop with the FFVII stuff Squenix. You've made me happy, so lets just move on. A little more Enix maybe. Just no 7th Saga.

jiggle

Too dark to make out much. But any Squarenix news is good news to me. Yay.

That DQVIII drawing is nice, and Saga looks great also:D

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Soul4ger said:

AM I LOOKING INTO THINGS TOO MUCH?

No. Square said quite some time ago that all the FFVII related stuff would follow an AC, BC, CC, DC pattern.

My only question is... what's C-C?

Crystal Chronicles 2 (but in the FFVII universe) ??

belgurdo

Banned
D2M15 said:

Um, no. It just personally bothers me when people run into a topic and declare that they know a game will suck because it's a certain genre/ 3D/ has formulaic graphics/etc. without seeing it in action in some form or fashion. And I kind of fail to see how saying one or two things that basically amount to "play it first" is some kind of mad fanboyish defense of a title, unless you're really reaching for reasons to convince yourself that there can be no opposing opinions to your own

Soul4ger

JC10001 said:
No. Square said quite some time ago that all the FFVII related stuff would follow an AC, BC, CC, DC pattern.

My only question is... what's C-C?

Crystal Chronicles 2 (but in the FFVII universe) ??

Probably something like Cloud's Cock, a hentai installment in the series.

nitewulf

maaan, you guys get way excited about anything FF. square isnt really known for action gameplay! what would it amount to if it has great artstyle and cutscenes but crap gameplay. blah.
stil looking for an action rpg with sephiroth square...

nitewulf said:
maaan, you guys get way excited about anything FF. square isnt really known for action gameplay! what would it amount to if it has great artstyle and cutscenes but crap gameplay. blah.

excited? haha more than half the thread consists of trolling and whining.

excited my ass.

Soul4ger

nitewulf said:

I don't know how you can dismiss an action game from them, but say an action/RPG would be much more noteworthy. Who's to say this won't have RPG-type elements? Seems like very little is known to this point, I'm sure the IGN guy just kinda assumed stuff from the screenshots like everyone else. I'm not saying it's going to be great, mind you, but people need to stop jumping to conclusions, either way... Unless it's about the CC game in the series, in which case my assumption was perfectly acceptable.

Cloud is racing his motorcycle.
Cloud is meeting Donald Duck.
Cloud is starring in a movie.
Cloud is on your mobile phone.
Cloud is emulating Dante.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I wish Square would go Final Fantasy VI crazy for awhile. Maybe if I wait long enough, they'll
reveal Final Fantasy Kefka's Crisis or something.

nitewulf

yeah, well action rpg is one thing, a 3rd person action game is another. action rpg will have usual 3 hit comboes, modified by levels...upgradable weapons and spells that you will pick from a menu.
and a clunky camera angle wouldnt be all that bothersome because you can get away and "heal", and the action will be slow to begin with.
a 3rd person action game with the trademark square "cinematic" angles will get vincent's ass kicked by numerous cool looking shadow demons on a terrace, the whole view getting blocked by the fact that the camera will make you stare at a sunset over the ocean on the horizon. nice warm glow and mist and haze effects included.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm interested in hearing how this turns out. My expectations aren't too high, and I'd personally like to see them do something other than FF VII, but if it's good, then I'm there. Vincent always was pretty cool, albeit useless.

AniHawk

belgurdo said:
Maybe I was wrong about people being satisfied with all of this VII stuff; people will just complain until they get FFVII in a new box with an extra character or two added

With voice acting, updated graphics, new FMV sequences, and different ending (to tie in with FFVII:AC since it looks like it can't really be open to interpretation anymore).

I would really be looking forward to this other FFVII stuff... if they did the two main ones first. I honestly don't care so much about Vincent. It's like if they made a game about Red XIII- there's nothing I can get excited about there.

Not saying it'll be bad, of course.

If the main line of games weren't so goddamned boring I might actually be excited. But as soon as I think "hey I'll go back and play FFVII..." I stop.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Chittagong said:
* faints *

IAWTP...but not at the FFVII announcement...

BUT AT THOSE FUCKING DQ8 SCANS!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!

Soul4ger

seismologist said:
I dont get it, t looks cool to me. Then again I never played FFVII so I have no idea who this guy is.

Oh my God, you're just not jaded enough. Be jaded and negative more, and maybe you'll be cool enough for someone to explain to you why it doesn't look cool, but in the meantime you're just not jaded and cool and you have to learn to be.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Meh, this game isn't getting anything out of me without more gameplay and story details.

Top Bottom