• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth tops IGN poll as GOTY so far

Draugoth

Gold Member
vendas-de-final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-sao-quase-metade-do-remake-afirma-analista-106350.jpg

IGN has opened a poll in which it has put various titles up against each other in duels. The vote is still open, but so far Square Enix's Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is in first place.

In celebration, Naoki Hamaguchi, the director of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, took to social media to celebrate the community's support.

“I'm completely overwhelmed by the wonderful results of the IGN community poll. Thank you all for your support! We'll do our best to develop the next game,” he commented.

Check out the rankings so far:

• Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • Elden Ring: Shadow Of The Erdtree
  • Helldivers 2
  • Black Myth: Wukong
  • Astro Bot
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Stellar Blade
  • Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2
  • Hades 2 (Early Access)
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
  • Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Tekken 8
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  • Palworld
  • Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
  • FFXIV: Dawntrail
  • Star Wars Outlaws
  • Mario vs Donkey Kong
  • Visions of Mana
  • Destiny 2: The Final Shape
  • Alan Wake 2: Night Springs DLC
  • Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance
  • Unicorn Overlord
  • V Rising
  • Sons of the Forest
  • Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden
  • Pacific Drive
  • Alone In The Dark
  • Animal Well
  • Balatro
  • Enshrouded
  • Another Crab's Treasure
  • Princess Peach Showtime!
  • The First Descendant
  • No Rest for the Wicked (early access)
  • Manor Lords (Game Preview)
  • Granblue Fantasy Relink
  • The Outlast Trials
  • Last Epoch
  • WoW: The War Within
  • Sand Land
  • Enotria: The Last Song
  • NBA 2K25
Source

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
This isn't a poll.

"We'll add new games as they're released. Use the X to eliminate things you haven't played!
If you haven't played something, hit the X in the corner to disqualify it from future matches. Votes as many times as you like to establish your own ranking and contribute to the Community Ranking!"

FF7 Rebirth is at the top by virtue of being there longer than any other game. This thing has been going since February.

Last edited:
Putting out a poll before the rest of the games of '24 comes out is pointless. They should have at least waited until Echoes of Wisdom was out before asking.

Sounds about right. Shadow of the Erdtree gave it some real good competition, but Rebirth was very special. Technically my GOTY would be Paper Mario: TTYD but it feels kind of like cheating. I still need to play many of the games on this list, but Astro Bot is the only other game on this list I can think of that would surpass Rebirth.

Very cool that Ronin is sitting in the Top 10.

It's my personal GOTY so far and I don't see it being topped.

Rebirth is dope too though. 2024 has been a great year for gaming and the floodgates are about to open up for PSVR2.

Exciting times to be a gamer.

Crayon

I might agree, though I missed a lot of games this year. I just have a hard time seeing anything top it unless erdtree is like a whole nother game. It's down to taking an amazing game (remake) and managing to get the world map in. That seemed impossible to me for years, but they did it. Totally convincing sense of scale. Feels like they've covered it all.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
I'll finally play it once I score a PS5 Pro...

Plus a disc drive...

And a plastic stand, too. 😞

Last edited:

ap_puff

Neo Member
Sons of the forest came out this year? It feels like it came out ages ago, there was a bunch of hype and then it just kind of disappeared, anyone still playing that game?

*e also animal well deserves to be higher, that was a really innovative platformer.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
Coming from someone who loves FF14, Dawntrail was utter and complete trash, the only saving grace were the dungeons and boss fights. This is not an unpopular opinion too.

You have to be trolling.
Nope. Was it my favorite expansion? No. But I thought the new areas were fantastic, the music was great and the story decent over all. Sure Wuk Lamat kinda sucked but everything else was solid. The final zone will he on ny thoughts for a while.

And even if its not as good as other 14 expansions, it was still miles bettwr than ff7 rebirth.

Rockman33

looking at this list of games just reminds me of how disappointing of a year it’s been for big game releases. Especially compared to last year.

Of course just my opinion for the types of games I enjoy most.

Go_Ly_Dow

Playing JRPGs since the 90s and Rebirth is in my top 5 and is one of the all time greats.

Going to do a hard mode replay early next year. :messenger_fistbump:

As for GOTY it would get my pick. I think it's exceptional what they put out with 3-4 years of development and they crafted a massive varied world and then went beyond the original game by expanding on all the things you did in that which made it such a unique experience. Then it has hours of Advent Children level cinematics from start to finish. I'm not sure how they did it when you look at how other studios have struggled to put out games of a much smaller production scope without any variety or amount of characters this has etc...

It reminded me how great the FF team can be when they finally make a game without development troubles, engine troubles etc like we saw with FF12, 13, 14 and 15. Long may it continue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom