• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

just to be that guy, who the hell just wants FFX-2 for $20(if thats what anyone is going to sell it for) when you can just get the whole thing for $40 since you wont be able to buy the games separately. at best you'd have to sell it for $5-$15 if anyone wanted money back, hell i just think you'd be going for a small chance in hell, due to trying to find someone with a vita who only wanted the one game and not the other

Believe it or not there are people that like FFX-2 and don't like FFX and I'm sure they would expect to pay half of what the whole package costs

2 questions:

Is the Vita digital price for both games together 40€?

Are there any missable trophies in FFX? It's been a long time so I don't really remember if there were any missables that you cannot obtain late game.

SirNinja

How big is the limited edition artbook?

5.75" x 7.625", about the same size as a regular PS3 game case. The Collector's edition artbook is 7.625" x 11".

Are there any missable trophies in FFX? It's been a long time so I don't really remember if there were any missables that you cannot obtain late game.

Master Linguist is missable (as there are a few missable Al Bhed primers), but other than that you should be good.

Saphirax

2 questions:

Is the Vita digital price for both games together 40€?

Yes to both.

The only missable trophy in FFX is the one that requires you to get all Al Bhed primers. Some of the primers are missable.

Does anyone know if the Vita version has the extra content? I can't seem to find anything on it, and I'm trying to decide which version would be best for me. Thanks

Ridley327

I just got my shipping confirmation on the CE just now, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to how I'm paying for it, since I'm just short in my account right now.

This could get terrible real quick!

An-Det

I'm excited for it to release, having never played 10 or 10-2 before it'll be nice to finally experience them. Getting in PS3 to play on the big screen, looking forward to next week. Is there anything a new player should know going in?

MrBS

I just got my shipping confirmation on the CE just now, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to how I'm paying for it, since I'm just short in my account right now.

This could get terrible real quick!
Well I got two shipping confirmations. Apparently that order I made when the website timed out and I received no order confirmation email for did go through.... digital river!!! *shakes fist*

My CE shipped....if there's a chance it arrives on Saturday I'd be extremely happy, but I'm not holding my breath cause it's digital river

Son Of D

I'm kinda surprised that how much space this will take wasnt put in the OT
FFX HD & FFX-2 HD for PS3 – 24.1GB
FFX HD & FFX-2 HD for PS Vita – 7GB
FFX-2 HD for PS Vita (You get a download code for this when buying the physical PS Vita version) – 3.5GB

Is the PS3 version the biggest file size for a HD remaster? I can't think of anything that will come close.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa

I tried it when it first came out and just didnt really like the way the story kept going after FFX. It should have just ended with FFX. I didn't play it too long though because I just wasnt getting into the story at all.... :(

Good to know that people would want x-2 alone though! I will probably just sell the code and buy the retail version!

SirNinja

no way! you people getting shipping confirmations... Anyone amazon shipment sent out yet?

Just got an email from them two hours ago. Mine says it's "prepared for shipment". Estimated delivery date is still the 18th, though.

I don't expect it to arrive early, but it would be seriously amazing if it did. I would do absolutely nothing else the rest of the day. :p

jaxword

I tried it when it first came out and just didnt really like the way the story kept going after FFX. It should have just ended with FFX. I didn't play it too long though because I just wasnt getting into the story at all.... :(

Good to know that people would want x-2 alone though! I will probably just sell the code and buy the retail version!

Understandable as the early story is slow, but it picks up far better about 1/3 of the way in. You missed out!

anyone know what the new 30min episode by Nojima is? a part of the game or a random movie?

I think I was in 8th grade when I played FFX.. can't wait for this. I loved both X and X-2

2nd best FF after FF7!!

Aurizen

Just got an email from them two hours ago. Mine says it's "prepared for shipment". Estimated delivery date is still the 18th, though.

I don't expect it to arrive early, but it would be seriously amazing if it did. I would do absolutely nothing else the rest of the day. :p

I got no confirmation yet :( I hope they mail it out soon!!! like Thursday!!! we can enjoy it Saturday or Monday!! :O

UEYWtbz.jpg

Tidus' actor trying to laugh > Otacon's actor trying to cry

Yet MGS gets some crazy free pass while that scene has been an anchor of hate and mockery for over a decade against FFX.

RedSwirl

I'm deciding not to buy this for one reason: I just don't think I can go through Evrae, Seymour Flux, Yunalesca, and Braska's Final Aeon ever agian. I sucked at FFX boss fights.

Maybe if I can get X2 by itself on PSN and it turns out to be a really great game (I've never played it) AND it's in 1080p.

Tidus' actor trying to laugh > Otacon's actor trying to cry

Yet MGS gets some crazy free pass while that scene has been an anchor of hate and mockery for over a decade against FFX.

It's weird that people so readily ignore the context of that scene.

Uh what? It's hilarious even if it's supposed to be awkward. Never said it wasn't done on purpose.

Never understood why they imitate seagulls in the japanese version though,.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZYad4e4cZs

I'm deciding not to buy this for one reason: I just don't think I can go through Evrae, Seymour Flux, Yunalesca, and Braska's Final Aeon ever agian. I sucked at FFX boss fights.

Maybe if I can get X2 by itself on PSN and it turns out to be a really great game (I've never played it) AND it's in 1080p.

Can't you just check a FAQ for some boss strategies?

Mr. RHC

I wish you guys would stop posting these, I can't do anything for the next 10 minutes because I can't stop laughing. Makes it difficult to muti task.

I'm probably going to get both, but I don't know where to buy the Vita Version. Anyone in the UK getting the Vita versions?

Tidus_Rape_Face_by_TidusRapeFacePLZ.png

B.K.

Final Fantasy X boss fights are easy. Just have everyone use Quick Hit every turn and have Yuna use Aeons as a meat shield the turn before the enemy attacks.

I'm kinda surprised that how much space this will take wasnt put in the OT
FFX HD & FFX-2 HD for PS3 – 24.1GB
FFX HD & FFX-2 HD for PS Vita – 7GB
FFX-2 HD for PS Vita (You get a download code for this when buying the physical PS Vita version) – 3.5GB

Thank you. Needs to be added to the OP

Squire

Banned
My lord. My brother was watching this and I thought it was a goofy kind of amateur fan unboxing, not something official ><

I had to make sure it was SEs channel myself!

AtlusUSA would be ashamed.

"Hey see this awesome shirt and jacket? Yeah, we're not selling them. But we'll show them off!"

SMH. I couldn't get past the 1:30 mark. Awkward and terrible. ATLUS does it better.

What a dick move.

And yeah, I was actually thinking of the unboxing video Atlus did for SMTIV. This doesn't need to be anywhere near this awkward or awkward at all. It's weird we even have to look at these two boobs.

pariah164

What a dick move.

And yeah, I was actually thinking of the unboxing video Atlus did for SMTIV. This doesn't need to be anywhere near this awkward or awkward at all. It's weird we even have to look at these two boobs.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Not even Bravely Default's CE unboxing was this awkward and uncomfortable, and Nintendo was doing that. ATLUS always does that sort of thing best though. They care about the fans and just have better PR/marketing overall.

ZeroX03

Banned
The size of the game is what convinced to grab it physical on Vita, 7GB is ridiculous. Might as well just leave the FFX cart in at all times.

Top Bottom