• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Banzai

Ehhh you're all so negative lol. I'll just try it a few times. Worst case scenario I gain a few levels.
I'm really looking forward to blitzball, too. My last team just wrecked everyone. I even went 3-0 against the Goers in the tournament.

Jennipeg

That's not even my final form!

DiqdyEW.jpg

I wish you guys would stop posting these, I can't do anything for the next 10 minutes because I can't stop laughing. Makes it difficult to muti task.

I'm probably going to get both, but I don't know where to buy the Vita Version. Anyone in the UK getting the Vita versions?

I wish you guys would stop posting these, I can't do anything for the next 10 minutes because I can't stop laughing. Makes it difficult to muti task.

I'm probably going to get both, but I don't know where to buy the Vita Version. Anyone in the UK getting the Vita versions?

I'm getting the Vita versions. Preordered it at Game

Should be about £25 which for two long rpgs is a bargain

For some reason Yuna vs. Lulu comes up a lot with this game.

Yuna has the highest Magic stat, but Lulu has the highest Defense, Magic Defense, MP, and Evasion.

The thing, using the original grid, you'll have to use at least one Black Magic Sphere and a Special Sphere to give her the abilities necessary to out-damage Lulu. You'll also want to save that Black Magic Sphere for Flare, which is right at the end of the game anyway. You can use five Black Magic Spheres for Flare and the -aga level spells, but that's six spheres used on Yuna to bring her close to Lulu's level, which I don't think is very fair when trying to compare two characters. Even after all that Lulu still pull out ahead thanks to her easily bought Magic Booster weapon.

Basically, Lulu does more damage for the bulk of the game simply because of her easy access to Black Magic Spells, and later in the game she does more damage because of Magic Booster.

(If you want "max power" though, teach Yuna everything I mentioned and just...use them both!)

On the other hand, they both rapidly run into the 9999 damage cap as you get closer to the end of the game, and Yuna's ultimate weapon is orders of magnitude easier to get than Lulu's (or at the very least, far less frustrating).

Hobbun

Man, only 6 days away. But yet it still seems too far.

FF X is one of my top FFs (when it was still good, IMO) and looking forward to finally getting through X-2.

Arthea

you guys are getting it so cheap...
I'll be paying £29.99 on PSN, and it's digital, so no trading in or selling it *sighs*

Velcro Fly

I'm so pumped to get this. I just hope the weather isn't bad next Tuesday when I go out to purchase. I have never actually finished FFX even though I've played it nearly to completion three separate times. I do know how it ends. X-2 on the other hand will be a new experience.

I hope the weather is bad so I don't feel bad for playing video games all day.

I hope this video game is bad so I don't have to be angry I'm not playing it at work.

But the good news is, due to my long transit, I can play it there and experience shameful looks from my peers on the train!

sensui-tomo

you guys are getting it so cheap...
I'll be paying £29.99 on PSN, and it's digital, so no trading in or selling it *sighs*

i'm getting it cheaper than you and through the same method, it pays to have a friend who splits the cost via account sharing/file sharing.

Letep

Hopefully not, I want to finish Bioshock before this releases and I won't have much time to play until Friday.

It's unlikely, but I noticed that the review embargo lifted, and sometimes (Little Big Planet Vita for instance) games will just release early.

neoemonk

Fuck. I still have my memory card with 150 hours logged or something like that. I remade the sphere grid and maxed out everyone's stats.

I was living with my dad and trying to save money to move out of his house back then. I literally just came home from work and played FF X in order to save the money.

Nostalgia...kicking in.

pariah164

Late to the party, but yisssss. Preordered for Vita. Can't wait to play X and X-2 again! I have a save file for FFX on my PS2 with everyone maxed on the sphere grid. Will try and do again with this.

[nostalgia intensifies]

Less than a week left! GET HYPE!

This game comes out right after I get paid! I have way too much shit in my backlog but I'm getting this anyway! Somebody stole my FFX back in the day and I was never able to finish it.

squall211

Fuck. I still have my memory card with 150 hours logged or something like that. I remade the sphere grid and maxed out everyone's stats.

I was living with my dad and trying to save money to move out of his house back then. I literally just came home from work and played FF X in order to save the money.

Nostalgia...kicking in.

Trying to get everyone all the way through the sphere grid is the most fun grinding I've ever had in a turn based RPG.

ss_lemonade

So easy I never managed to do it.

I always called Tidus Tee-dus, yet 14 year old me thought Yuna was pronounced Juna... I wasn't very smart o_O
It is easy, you just need to know the spots where the lightning always strikes then run back and forth on that spot with no encounters equipped. You could probably do it with your eyes closed once you get the timing

sensui-tomo

I'm kinda surprised that how much space this will take wasnt put in the OT
FFX HD & FFX-2 HD for PS3 – 24.1GB
FFX HD & FFX-2 HD for PS Vita – 7GB
FFX-2 HD for PS Vita (You get a download code for this when buying the physical PS Vita version) – 3.5GB

pariah164

FFX HD & FFX-2 HD for PS3 – 24.1GB
FFX HD & FFX-2 HD for PS Vita – 7GB
FFX-2 HD for PS Vita (You get a download code for this when buying the physical PS Vita version) – 3.5GB
So 10.5 GB total for the PSVita version? Fffffuuuuu-

I need to delete Project Diva f :< I have 3 8 GB cards...

TheExodu5

Banned
Had this pre-ordered for PS3 but I'm thinking that regarding my playing habits, PS3 won't be too ideal.

I might get it for Vita, but I'm not sure. To be honest, I don't even want to play the game proper. All I want to do is the Dark Aeons and Penance but I have a feeling I won't have the patience to slog through the story and monster collection to get to that point.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Can I buy them separately for vita digitally? or will i have to wait for a used physical version....

I would never play X-2 :(

Joqu

Are there any bundles that include both the PS3 and Vita versions? Specifically in Europe? I'm guessing there are't any knowing Square-Enix. :l

Letep

Would it really have been an issue to include a second cart with the Vita version for X2?

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a two cart DS or Vita game, but I know there were a few PSP games that used 2 UMD discs.

br3wnor

This might be first Vita game in a long time that I buy physically. I only have 8ish GB left on a 32GB card and don't feel like making too much space. It'd be only game cart I play so I'll just leave it in the system

sensui-tomo

just to be that guy, who the hell just wants FFX-2 for $20(if thats what anyone is going to sell it for) when you can just get the whole thing for $40 since you wont be able to buy the games separately. at best you'd have to sell it for $5-$15 if anyone wanted money back, hell i just think you'd be going for a small chance in hell, due to trying to find someone with a vita who only wanted the one game and not the other

Hobbun

FFX HD & FFX-2 HD for PS3 &#8211; 24.1GB
FFX HD & FFX-2 HD for PS Vita &#8211; 7GB
FFX-2 HD for PS Vita (You get a download code for this when buying the physical PS Vita version) &#8211; 3.5GB

I'm assuming these are all if you buy it digitally.

But still, ouch.

Anyone know if there will be install for the PS3 version (retail)? And if so, how big?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
What pisses me off is that I get the game next week...and then I have to fly out to my old shit-hole of a city (NYC) for stupid wedding.

I'd rather be playing FFXHD!

pariah164

What pisses me off is that I get the game next week...and then I have to fly out to my old shit-hole of a city (NYC) for stupid wedding.

I'd rather be playing FFXHD!
Play it during the wedding.

I have actually played a portable game during a wedding. I am a terrible person. Please do not follow my advice.

ubercheez

It is easy, you just need to know the spots where the lightning always strikes then run back and forth on that spot with no encounters equipped. You could probably do it with your eyes closed once you get the timing

Last time I played through the game, I told myself I was going to go for this and spent an hour or so trying to get the hang of it. I think my best effort was like 5 before I got pissed and left.

Top Bottom