• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Holmes

How long did it take everyone to get the weapons of One Eye? I'm killing him with Banshing Blade, Blitz Ace and Attack Reels so he dies without taking a turn. With all theee on Victor a quick fight against a Dingo and back One Eye seems pretty quick. Can't think of a way to do it faster.

But I keep getting armours off him, with only the one weapon. Does it matter if they are 1 slot free instead of two?
Took me about 2-3 hours, give or take. Made about 4 million gil in total, though.

One slot is fine. With Triple AP and Overdrive -> AP, I was either making 50 sphere levels per battle if the karma'd character had 9999 HP, or 99 sphere levels if he had base HP (how much the overdrive meter fills up in Comrade is dependent on how high the character being hit's HP is, lower HP means more overdrive means more AP).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so this is seperate games on the vita correct?

Plan of action

Clear spheres are unlocked so now I need to grind more HP, agility and luck spheres. Then I'm going to completely redo the sphere grid.

Once that's done I'll finish off the rest of the dark aeons and penance without zanmoto.

Finally I will finish catching the few monsters that are left before destroying nemesis

Shahed

Grats!

So is it possible to kill all the DAs + Penance without grinding Luck? I really do not want to fight Earth Eater a billion times.

I think I'm just gonna get enough fortune spheres for everyone to learn the grid and go from there. Heck I might just load Tidus for Slice and Dice and after Penance is dead use Clear Spheres and replace them with Magic Def or something

Took me about 2-3 hours, give or take. Made about 4 million gil in total, though.

One slot is fine. With Triple AP and Overdrive -> AP, I was either making 50 sphere levels per battle if the karma'd character had 9999 HP, or 99 sphere levels if he had base HP (how much the overdrive meter fills up in Comrade is dependent on how high the character being hit's HP is, lower HP means more overdrive means more AP).

Forgot about the money! Will make Auto-Haste/Phoenix easy enough

squall211

sZ4kzrh.jpeg

0.1 seconds.

Fuck. Yes.

Took 3 damn hours. I think I delivered a seagull/albatross/whateverphobia.

That's funny. I had the exact same stats as you did when I finally beat that fucking game. Took about 3 hours for me as well.

I just have Auron's and Khimari's ultimate weapons to finsh up now.

I think the only trophy that is going to give me nightmares now is the other chocobo race. I can see rage quitting on that one.

SkylineRKR

Never did Catcher on PS2, but got 0:00 within 15 minutes, some 10 retries. Its hard but I noticed the course randomizes, sometimes you can get all balloons on the first straight. Then a very sharp turn and she is behind will always get hit, giving you a great start. From there its dodge, and grab just a few balloons. I think I had 14-1 and 35 something secs.

Levyne

Banned
Finding a 100% FFX-2 guide with the International changes added is going to be a nightmare isn't it?

I don't think so. I think you can use a normal guide. From what I can tell there are:

-2 new dress-spheres, both really easily obtained early on (Brother just gives you one of them, and then you do one of Shinra's tournaments for another).

-Creature capture stuff, which only seems to tie to one trophy (Something to do with seeing one fiend's story).

I'm not saying there aren't other tweaks and then the final mission thing, but for the main game there just doesn't seem to be a lot of difference.

(But I've never played it before so I'm fine if someone tells me I am wrong.)

MicH

I just started this game and got a game over within the first 5 minutes of battling. (in X)

What.

Now I have to go through everything again

Finding a 100% FFX-2 guide with the International changes added is going to be a nightmare isn't it?

Luckily the game did not get much extra added to it that is missable. The two dress spheres as explain on the post above. The other stuff are sidequest related and the creature creator. Most of the missable stuff are in the default version.

I just started this game and got a game over within the first 5 minutes of battling. (in X)

What.

Did you not hit the thing Auron points to? You do know the sin spawn are endless at that point. That is the only way I can see a Game Over so early on.

Shahadan

I don't think so. I think you can use a normal guide. From what I can tell there are:

-2 new dress-spheres, both really easily obtained early on (Brother just gives you one of them, and then you do one of Shinra's tournaments for another).

-Creature capture stuff, which only seems to tie to one trophy (Something to do with seeing one fiend's story).

I'm not saying there aren't other tweaks and then the final mission thing, but for the main game there just doesn't seem to be a lot of difference.

(But I've never played it before so I'm fine if someone tells me I am wrong.)

Oh okay, for some reason I thought there were more changes. Thanks.
I remember some annoying stuff requiring a guide to get the percentages so I'm not going in blind this time :p

I'm quite sick of X at the moment so let's go for the bubble gum. I'm curious to see how I'll react to all the cheese this time.

MicH

Luckily the game did not get much extra added to it that is missable. The two dress spheres as explain on the post above. The other stuff are sidequest related and the creature creator. Most of the missable stuff are in the default version.

Did you not hit the thing Auron points to? You do know the sin spawn are endless at that point. That is the only way I can see a Game Over so early on.
I did, but Tidus was already dead at that point lol. I have no idea how I managed to get a gam over so early. Is there no way to skip cutscenes?

I did, but Tidus was already dead at that point lol. I have no idea how I managed to get a gam over so early. Is there no way to skip cutscenes?

Sadly no, there is no way to make the cutscene skip or go faster. My advice is pretty much attack every turn and follow the tutorial exactly. I never had any issues before probably Seymour.

braves01

Banned

Nope, unfortunately, which is a major oversight in my book. Knowing you'll have to sit through long cut scenes again definitely adds some tension to the battles though.

HeelPower

This totally slipped my mind, but if you want, you can customize a weapon with Break Damage Limit, Magic +20%, Magic Booster, and One MP Cost instead of Magic +10% and it'll still do more damage than the Onion Knight.

Since spells don't get the special bonuses from Celestial Weapons, it's all about the factors and unfortunately the Onion Knight has the totally worthless Triple Overdrive on it.

oh yeaaahhh I could always customize 1 MP cost.

I'll keep that in mind.

I always liked the interaction in battle when characters use skills on each other and stuff.

It's like Wakka's saying "What are you lookin' at, ya?"
I am looking at that impressive HP stat, ya ?
I can't even begin to break down why this incompletely ridiculous.

Lol that part is so silly and hilarious.

MicH

Sadly no, there is no way to make the cutscene skip or go faster. My advice is pretty much attack every turn and follow the tutorial exactly. I never had any issues before probably Seymour.

Nope, unfortunately, which is a major oversight in my book. Knowing you'll have to sit through long cut scenes again definitely adds some tension to the battles though.

Nope, it's one of the bigger complaints that people have with the remake. They really should have added that feature.
Man that sucks. Anyway, I just managed to get through it with 30 HP on Auron, Tidus dead again. I have no idea why I have such trouble with it. Thank goodness those bugs missed a lot. Just reached a save point, so I don't have to go through the starting cutscenes anymore, thankfully

Sheroking

Just this minute wrapped up a totally guideless run (well, almost guideless, I looked up how to get Titus' celestial weapon).

Feels good, man. Now on to FFX-2.

Saphirax

Man that sucks. Anyway, I just managed to get through it with 30 HP on Auron, Tidus dead again. I have no idea why I have such trouble with it. Thank goodness those bugs missed a lot. Just reached a save point, so I don't have to go through the starting cutscenes anymore, thankfully

Did you just attack the ones in the front and use potions?

Was there an equipment limit in the PS2 version of X? I don't ever remember being told my inventory is full. Started happening at the Calm Lands. I'm somewhat of a pack rat and don't ever vendor things.

Shahed

Was there an equipment limit in the PS2 version of X? I don't ever remember being told my inventory is full. Started happening at the Calm Lands. I'm somewhat of a pack rat and don't ever vendor things.
You get so many redundant and useless equipment you may as well sell them all. Unlike other games in which they could be used for synthesis or crafting, they serve no purpose here

What.

I have a couple questions for you, and this isn't to poke fun at you dying or anything, just curious.

1) How old are you?
2) What was your first FF?

You get so many redundant and useless equipment you may as well sell them all. Unlike other games in which they could be used for synthesis or crafting, they serve no purpose here

Yea I noticed that I have 5 Red Rings so I just started exchanging and dropping things when I get new loot. I'm in Zanarkand right now so I won't have a vendor for a little while.

Korezo

So when does the damn Jupiter Sigil pop in blitz ball, I got all of wakkas over drives ages ago and played over 35 blitz ball games. I keep checking and checking but the Sigil doesn't show up.

SkylineRKR

So when does the damn Jupiter Sigil pop in blitz ball, I got all of wakkas over drives ages ago and played over 35 blitz ball games. I keep checking and checking but the Sigil doesn't show up.

Technically right away provided you got all of Wakka's reels.

When you've won Auroch Reels, reset the team data and the Jupiter Sigil will be the league prize (if you've fought over 450 battles that is). Thats how I got it. I reset every time I won a Reels. Basically took me like 25 games since my reset right after I got the airship to get it all. Easiest Celestial (well maybe Yuna but I fucked up at Besaid).

Recruiting is no problem either, Brother is right there in the ship and the others are in Luca and highroad travel agency (you land next to him).

Shahed

Come one One Eye. Drop Wakka and Rikku's weapon! I've got several copies for everyone else, but these refuse to drop. I don't even need Overdrives anymore. A few standard attacks is all I need but it's still taking ages

MicH

Did you just attack the ones in the front and use potions?
Yeah, I had to attack them until Auron told me to attack the machine. I didn't use any potions though, but I did the second time around

I have a couple questions for you, and this isn't to poke fun at you dying or anything, just curious.

1) How old are you?
2) What was your first FF?
I'm 23 and I have played many RPGs, though I haven't played a lot of Final Fantasies, mostly stuff like Xenoblade, Tales series, Lost Odyssey, Bravely Default and a lot of other stuff. I am not new to the genre, I just figured the game would take it easy on me since they were the first battles. Guess not :p

Soo I just beat
Geosgaeno and got Anima
but when I try to open the chest with
Onion Knight
for Lulu it simply says "It won't open." Am I missing anything? o.o

Mendrox

Yeah, I had to attack them until Auron told me to attack the machine. I didn't use any potions though, but I did the second time around

I'm 23 and I have played many RPGs, though I haven't played a lot of Final Fantasies, mostly stuff like Xenoblade, Tales series, Lost Odyssey, Bravely Default and a lot of other stuff. I am not new to the genre, I just figured the game would take it easy on me since they were the first battles. Guess not :p

It is easy.. i didnt even know that its possible to Game Over at the beginning, wtf. Just attack attack and you shouldnt even have to use a potion lol Would have loved to see a video

krae_man

Beat the boss that had the first Jecht sphere last night. I made a hilarious fuck up while fighting him. He started weak against fire so I did a grand summon of ifrut and did his overdrive move and did maxed out 9999 damage. Then he changed elements so I decided to attack with a weak fire based attack and see what happens and somehow I thought I did damage and thought "hey he changed to the same thing". Either I wasn't paying close enough attention to the color of the numbers above him or I messed up and didn't do a fire based attack because when I hit a second overdrive, I healed it for 9999 damage.

durrrrrrrr.

So I just did lightning dodging for the very first time in my life and made it to 200 on my second attempt o.o My hands are sweaty but I did it! :D

Here a few tips for anyone who struggles:

First get a No Encounter item and do the common hole trick to trigger a bolt, then for Vita players:

- Sit down on a chair near a table
- Rest your arms/hands with the Vita on the table
- don't let go of the analog-stick while you press X and the dodge animation comes up
- press X as soon as your eyes register the flash, I found out you a have a tiiiny bit of leverage
- if you want to count make sure you count in a way you are less likely to miscount, e.g. count 4 times to 50 instead to 200 in a row
- after you are sure you have 200 dodge about 10-15 more just so you are 100% in the clear should you have miscounted anywhere!

Once you get a hang of it it really isn't that hard :)

I don't think I have it in me to max out the sphere grid. I'll just get Yuna's celestial weapon to finish it up today.

What are the requirements to get the perfect of ending of X-2? Even though I probably won't start it until after this thread is dead.

Vitanimus

So I just did lightning dodging for the very first time in my life and made it to 200 on my second attempt o.o My hands are sweaty but I did it! :D

Here a few tips for anyone who struggles:

First get a No Encounter item and do the common hole trick to trigger a bolt, then for Vita players:

- Sit down on a chair near a table
- Rest your arms/hands with the Vita on the table
- don't let go of the analog-stick while you press X and the dodge animation comes up
- press X as soon as your eyes register the flash, I found out you a have a tiiiny bit of leverage
- if you want to count make sure you count in a way you are less likely to mis-count, e.g. count 4 times to 50 instead to 200 in a row

Once you get a hang of it it really isn't that hard :)

I did the same thing. I thought of it as 20 lots of 10 dodges, which made it a bit more bearable. I did 21 though, just to be safe
before I forgot to save and died. ;____;

I did the same thing. I thought of it as 20 lots of 10 dodges, which made it a bit more bearable. I did 21 though, just to be safe
before I forgot to save and died. ;____;

Yep I added that too to my little guide, it's good to make some extra dodges to make sure!
And oh dear I'm sorry for you, that sucks :( You can do it again, believe in yourself!

Magnus

I can't even imagine the time needed to max out so much shit in this game. Every time I've played I've stayed weak and never grinded, almost intentionally. Lol. Usually finished the game with people nearing the end of a second section of the sphere grid, each.

XJF

Grats!

So is it possible to kill all the DAs + Penance without grinding Luck? I really do not want to fight Earth Eater a billion times.

Nope. You can ZANMATO EVERY Dark Aeon and Penance if you so choose. I only Maxed Strength, Magic, Def, MDef.
Fought Aeons sequentially, was able to legit (no-Zanmato) beat up through Shiva. Didn't feel like farming Ribbon armor for Bahamut fight (his impulse confuses whole team).

Sorry if you had already done so in the thread but do you mind posting some of your best tips and tricks for time efficiency?

Would be quite useful to keep in mind during my run. I've played enough of the game in the past to know certain things but even now thanks to this thread I'm finding out new information.
Just simple things like knowing when a boss fight is coming up. Already knowing the fight strategy from previous playthoughs. What monsters drop what in the Arena. A lot of people save their overdrives for a boss fight, I just used whenever because I know ways to increase it almost instantly. Knowing when to summon. All things that have been mentioned on here a million times lol

Shahed

Why am I having so much trouble with Kottos? I can't remember the same back on the PS2. I can kill him fine, but it's more effort than I'd like. All I want is some power spheres

suikodan

My 5yo son made me laugh recently while playing FFX.

He kept hearing Tidus talk and then he told me that he has a similar voice to Sonic's.

He made me laugh so hard because it isn't far from the truth.

Now he asks me to play the game with the blonde guy with the same voice as Sonic's.

Never thought about that when played the game 10 years ago.

Ironjam

The first guy who 100%d x-2 alone back in the day deserves a fucking medal. There are so many bullshit missables that add to your % its ridiculous.

Top Bottom