• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Croc

Banned
Is there any way to rearrange spells in a characters list? Kind of annoying scrolling through all of Lulu's spells to get to the good ones at the bottom. I imagine it'll only get more annoying as I start completing the sphere grid.

SirNinja

For all of you who are starting FFX-2 here's a new thing included in the International version that will make leveling up dresspheres a LOT faster. If you win 3 times Shinra's first cup you'll get a garment grid that gives x3 ability points!

Oh, didn't realize that! How difficult is that to do?

Is there auto enough for Evasion, Accuracy and Agility? Would certainly save a lot of time! On second thought I guess Accuracy isn't that important with Overdrives

Accuracy is utterly useless if you have enough Luck. If you have 75 more Luck than your target, you will never miss (unless you're inflicted by Darkness, in which case you need 90 more); if you have 100 more, you'll always land a critical hit.

A lot more can be found here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197344-final-fantasy-x/55386150/610805953

During late postgame, all Accuracy nodes should be removed from the board and replaced with Luck. (If Penance is still alive, you can farm his infinitely-regnerating arms for Master Spheres and escape the battle, rather than killing Greater Sphere over and over.)

Falk

that puzzling face
Just cheezed Dark Valefor for 260k, good price, or should I reload? Do I even need money anymore?

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=65600

Code:
International/PAL version
Option 3
FULL Overdrive
vs. Zanmato Level 4-6
|         1 - 3         ||  6 | 11 | 16 | 20 | 25 | 31 | 36 | 41 | 45 |
|         4 - 7         ||  8 | 13 | 19 | 23 | 28 | 33 | 38 | 44 | 47 |
|         8 - 15        || 11 | 16 | 20 | 25 | 31 | 36 | 41 | 45 | 50 |
|        16 - 31        || 13 | 19 | 23 | 28 | 33 | 38 | 44 | 48 | 53 |
|        32 - 63        || 16 | 20 | 25 | 31 | 36 | 41 | 45 | 50 | 55 |
|        64 - 127       || 19 | 23 | 28 | 33 | 38 | 44 | 48 | 53 | 58 |
|       128 - 255       || 20 | 25 | 31 | 36 | 41 | 45 | 50 | 56 | 59 |
|       256 - 511       || 23 | 28 | 33 | 38 | 44 | 48 | 53 | 58 | 63 |
|P      512 - 1023      || 25 | 31 | 36 | 41 | 45 | 50 | 56 | 61 | 66 |
|a     1024 - 2047      || 28 | 33 | 38 | 44 | 48 | 53 | 58 | 63 | 67 |
|y     2048 - 4095      || 31 | 36 | 41 | 45 | 50 | 56 | 61 | 66 | 70 |
|m     4096 - 8191      || 33 | 38 | 44 | 48 | 53 | 58 | 63 | 69 | 72 |
|e     8192 - 16383     || 36 | 41 | 45 | 50 | 56 | 61 | 66 | 70 | 75 |
|n    16384 - 32767     || 38 | 44 | 48 | 53 | 58 | 63 | 69 | 73 | 78 |
|t    32768 - 65535     || 41 | 45 | 50 | 56 | 61 | 66 | 70 | 75 | 80 |
|     65536 - 131071    || 44 | 48 | 53 | 58 | 63 | 69 | 73 | 78 | 83 |
|    131072 - 262143    || 45 | 50 | 56 | 61 | 66 | 70 | 75 | 81 | 84 |
|    262144 - 524287    || 48 | 53 | 58 | 63 | 69 | 73 | 78 | 83 | 88 |
|    524288 - 1049575   || 50 | 56 | 61 | 66 | 70 | 75 | 81 | 86 | 91 |
|   1048576 - 2097151   || 53 | 58 | 63 | 69 | 73 | 78 | 83 | 88 | 92 |
|   2097152 - 4194303   || 56 | 61 | 66 | 70 | 75 | 81 | 86 | 91 | 95 |
|   4194304 - 8388607   || 58 | 63 | 69 | 73 | 78 | 83 | 88 | 94 | 97 |
|   8388608 - 16777215  || 61 | 66 | 70 | 75 | 81 | 86 | 91 | 95 |100 |
|  16777216 - 33554431  || 63 | 69 | 73 | 78 | 83 | 88 | 94 | 98 |100 |
|  33554432 - 67108863  || 66 | 70 | 75 | 81 | 86 | 91 | 95 |100 |100 |
|  67108864 - 134217727 || 69 | 73 | 78 | 83 | 88 | 94 | 98 |100 |100 |
| 134217728 - 268435455 || 70 | 75 | 81 | 86 | 91 | 95 |100 |100 |100 |
| 268435456 - 536870911 || 73 | 78 | 83 | 88 | 94 | 98 |100 |100 |100 |
| 536870912 - 999999999 || 75 | 81 | 86 | 91 | 95 |100 |100 |100 |100 |
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

You start with 128 compatibility assuming you didn't fuck Yojimbo up by misusing him. Dark Aeons are 'zanmato rating 6'

The rows are discrete, so you could have gotten a better roll if you had paid 263k instead of 260k. In that sense it's not a 'good price' hahahahah. (Pardon my OCD)

edit: This is also assuming you picked Option 3 when acquiring Yojimbo, of course.

Arthea

I don't know, how some of people find Y easy, she's no easy, unless overleveled characters. I suppose mine were slightly underleveled, but still, no easy at all.

Tiamant

Depends on which monster team you're facing. It can be quite challenging in low levels (chapter 1) but it's doable.

I went really overleveled and died because the wolf team confused my whole party :(

Do you guys think it's a must to farm for ribbons? I've been fighting Dark Yojimbo all day and all the armor he's dropped hasn't been too good. I only got about two or with break HP and ribbon the rest are curse proof and ribbon. I already have Tidus with a customized ribbon armor. But is it really necessary or the sidequests? I've been most of the tough monsters already

Falk

that puzzling face
Ribbon, like Luck/Fortune farming, again boils back down to "are you willing to Yojimbo everything?"

Because otherwise Dark Bahamut is nigh impossible without Ribbons. Or you could abuse counterattack so he never Impulses but that's still a very iffy preposition.

Ribbon, like Luck/Fortune farming, again boils back down to "are you willing to Yojimbo everything?"

Because otherwise Dark Bahamut is nigh impossible without Ribbons. Or you could abuse counterattack so he never Impulses but that's still a very iffy preposition.

I did Luck and fortune spheres farming yesterday, I have 3 characters with their Luck over 140 and Tidus has 255 plus a fourth character with 146 luck. I'm thinking about just switching to X-2 now. I feel too over powered in X. It's not as fun. All the characters are the same once you go around the grid. I'm just spamming quick hit.

Saphirax

I don't know, how some of people find Y easy, she's no easy, unless overleveled characters. I suppose mine were slightly underleveled, but still, no easy at all.

I was underlevelled - did not even have Holy, yet I managed to kill her easily on my first try. She doesn't hit hard, and guess I got lucky near the end because I didn't have any armor to protect against Confusion.

Arthea

All darkies inflict status effects with all their attacks, so ya, it's hard without ribbons, not sure if possible at all.

SkylineRKR

I Zanmato'd Dark Valefor for 160k, which was half of my total +1. No full overdrive.

Well, Zanmato'd Ixion as well, twice. Ran into him by accident. Twice the half of my gil+1. In the end only 30k, lol. But I'll save, got a Ribbon.

Arthea

I was underlevelled - did not even have Holy, yet I managed to kill her easily on my first try. She doesn't hit hard, and guess I got lucky near the end because I didn't have any armor to protect against Confusion.

You got lucky, that much I can say
I had no protection against Confusion too and I almost paid for it, if I didn't have all summons in overdrive I would have not beaten her. Also had no Holy, I knew it was bad idea, but kinda thought, what the heck, I'll try.

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=65600

You start with 128 compatibility assuming you didn't fuck Yojimbo up by misusing him. Dark Aeons are 'zanmato rating 6'

The rows are discrete, so you could have gotten a better roll if you had paid 263k instead of 260k. In that sense it's not a 'good price' hahahahah. (Pardon my OCD)

edit: This is also assuming you picked Option 3 when acquiring Yojimbo, of course.

I knew it was eomething with the power of two So I gave him 265k, and yeah 3rd option it was.

ubercheez

For all of you who are starting FFX-2 here's a new thing included in the International version that will make leveling up dresspheres a LOT faster. If you win 3 times Shinra's first cup you'll get a garment grid that gives x3 ability points!

Here's how I've always power leveled my dresspheres: Combine the Treasure Hunter garment grid (item prize against Shinra's sphere break core) with an AP Egg (Blitzball tournament prize). Treasure Hunter lets you use Mug regardless of your equipped dressphere, and Mug gives you 1AP per use. Combine that with an AP Egg and you've got 3AP every turn, plus 3AP per defeated enemy.

Tiamant

Here's how I've always power leveled my dresspheres: Combine the Treasure Hunter garment grid (item prize against Shinra's sphere break core) with an AP Egg (Blitzball tournament prize). Treasure Hunter lets you use Mug regardless of your equipped dressphere, and Mug gives you 1AP per use. Combine that with an AP Egg and you've got 3AP every turn, plus 3AP per defeated enemy.

That seems like a good method but blitzball is only available in chapter 5, right?

With this garment grid you just have yo change jobs 3 times to gain x3 AP, then I just fight an enemy with very high defense and make one of the girls a white mage to heal him while the other 2 attack and gain lots of AP.

HeelPower

At least you got that one out of the way, that's my last annoying celestial I need to get.

but yea, chocobo racing and blitzball have trophies, butterflies dont.

Oh goood.This is gonna be a nightmare.

I am kind of exhausted after dodging the lightning and need a break.Can't deal with that shit right now. lol

Damn it feels good that someone feels the same way, it's kinda weird to reationalize y'know?

yeah I think I know exactly what you mean. Game is pretty amazing.

Accuracy is utterly useless if you have enough Luck. If you have 75 more Luck than your target, you will never miss (unless you're inflicted by Darkness, in which case you need 90 more); if you have 100 more, you'll always land a critical hit.

A lot more can be found here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197344-final-fantasy-x/55386150/610805953

During late postgame, all Accuracy nodes should be removed from the board and replaced with Luck. (If Penance is still alive, you can farm his infinitely-regnerating arms for Master Spheres and escape the battle, rather than killing Greater Sphere over and over.)

You still need to kill Greater Sphere over and over to get all of the Luck Spheres - you're thinking of farming Earth Eater for Fortune Spheres (which is SUCH a bitch).

Shahed

Dark valefor was surprisingly easy. I haven't farmed any spheres yet. Just taken Tidus, Wakka and Rikku among all their routes on top of Aurons and it was simple with quick hit. I assumed I would die, I just wanted to see where I was with approaching them

Son Of D

If you know how to combat Hellbiter and Mega Death she's not really that bad. Some luck (or Confuse Ward/Proof) will be needed for Mind Blast though.

HeelPower

One of the hardest fights in the game.

I went there without holywaters and was slightly underleveled.

Had such a tough time against her.

Arthea

One of the hardest fights in the game.

I went there without holywaters and was slightly underleveled.

Had such a tough time against her.
It seems that being right level is a key to her.
Also I got really unlucky, got all my characters confused, good they didn't kill each other in time for me to get one alive switch to Yuna and do some good. It's really way too hard to get confuse proof in this game, I stole from all eyes I encountered and couldn't even make one ward... must be my luck

braves01

Banned
I barely scraped by her too. Luckily I'd stockpiled about 30 holy waters from last time there was a boss that used zombie and had auto-med armor on Rikku and zombie ward for Yuna. I let Auron get zombified in case of mega death. Yuna pretty much just healed/esuna'ed/phoenixed Rikku and Auron, Auron tanked, and Rikku threw out fire gems and grenades. I also used Lulu quite a bit for the -agas now that I think about it.

I'm sure there's a better way, but when that
3rd form
happened, I was going to win at whatever cost to avoid sitting through that cut scene again. In hindsight, it was a fun, challenging fight, but only because I won on the first try.

jzbluz

I knew what to expect from Yunalesca, but I was sure I was going to have a hard time with her, especially since I found the previous boss so hard. But Yunalesca was underwhelming (maybe I was expecting too much from her). I dunno if I was overleveled since my Yuna didn't even have holy, however, Kimahri had it but it was so weak that it was meh.

I'm taking a break before beating Sin by playing X-2, and wow that game is even more gorgeous. Although Yuna kinda looks like she's suffering from anorexia.

I'm sure there's a better way, but when that
3rd form
happened, I was going to win at whatever cost to avoid sitting through that cut scene again.

That part startled me so much.

Atlantis

Mega-Death kills any party, regardless of their levels. Levels don't have much to do with this fight, it's about tactics, knowing her attack pattern, and knowing how to deal with her Zombie/Mega-Death combo. The boss doesn't really have the ability to kill characters outside of instant Death, Confusion, or the rare Curaga.

It's really way too hard to get confuse proof in this game, I stole from all eyes I encountered and couldn't even make one ward... must be my luck

Confuse Ward is enough to eliminate the chance of Confusion from Mind Blast, which is three times less expensive than Confuseproof.

Saphirax

Got up to 72 lightning dodges, too tired to continue. Tomorrow is going to be a long day (a part of me dies every time I fail at around 30+ dodges).

Sora_N

If I forgot the first 2 Al Bhed Primers can I still get them later? I already restarted once but I retardedly deleted my save just now, good thing it was only an hour of progress but I dunno if I will bother doing it over again.

(I JUST got the third primer so I'm not that far in the game at all, that's why I tried restarting once lol)

Saphirax

If I forgot the first 2 Al Bhed Primers can I still get them later? I already restarted once but I retardedly deleted my save just now, good thing it was only an hour of progress but I dunno if I will bother doing it over again.

You can get all of them except the ones in Home and Bevelle.

So... The Omega Ruins. I'm trynna get these treasures but I know I'm going to just have to settle for getting a Turnover.. I already screwed up when I saved because I had no idea this shit disappeared :( bye bye 99x Warp spheres

DiscoJon

Banned
Just got the first Jecht Sphere and have backtracked all the way back to Besaid. I'd like to start recruiting blitz players on my back to Macalania, is there a guide somewhere on who I should sign?

Ponn

Banned
So about 30 min into racing I get this

evlLoc3.jpg

mgrgrgrgr

Then over an hour later I get this

SONOFACHOCOLINA!!!!

And then after 6 hours total

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Ponn01, yeah I went through that several days ago. I had a time of .1, the game almost did not survive that moment, hahaha.

Not a bad day. Only had about 2 hours to play but managed to get through all the Guadosalam/Farplane cutscenes and dialogue, and up to the travel agency in the middle of the Thunder Plains.

Got some decent leveling up done on the way too as well as some good progress on the 200 steals trophy :)

You know, I was happy to finally get the International version so I could fight all the Dark Aeons and Penance, but looking at what all I'd have to do and how much grinding it takes... I just don't think I have it in me to do all of that. Maxing the sphere grid completely and grinding for spheres just seems so boring and time consuming. Fighting Penance doesn't even look that fun from the video I saw. Not to mention doing blitzball for Wakka's stuff. I might just get a few ultimate weapons then beat the game and move on to something else. I feel bad that I might not do the new content, though. We'll see how I feel when I get to that point.

Croc

Banned
Can anyone help me find Garuda in the Mushroom Rock area? It's the only one I have left to capture there. Internet says it's in the Bypass Road area and the Ravine path area but I can't seem to find either of those places.

ramyeon

Can anyone help me find Garuda in the Mushroom Rock area? It's the only one I have left to capture there. Internet says it's in the Bypass Road area and the Ravine path area but I can't seem to find either of those places.
I found it pretty easily in the area where Rikku's celestial weapon chest is.

Croc

Banned
I found it pretty easily in the area where Rikku's celestial weapon chest is.

Oh really? That's where I was looking first but after about 10 battles I didn't find it and went back through whatever that entrance was by the beach. I guess I'll just go back there and look. Thanks!

edit: got it, woo!

ramyeon

Oh really? That's where I was looking first but after about 10 battles I didn't find it and went back through whatever that entrance was by the beach. I guess I'll just go back there and look. Thanks!
Maybe try resetting your game to reset spawn rates too. I think I found one within a couple of battles there.

Ponn

Banned
Ponn01, yeah I went through that several days ago. I had a time of .1, the game almost did not survive that moment, hahaha.

Im playing on Vita and i kept having to remind myself not to throw it like a contoller. Going to wait a day before i do the lightning. Might be easier on Vita if i can play music and just zone out.

XJF

Been sitting at the Main menu for X-2 for like 15 minutes now. Don't want the music to stop. Eternity~Memory in Lightwaves is such a fantastic piece...

Holmes

Been sitting at the Main menu for X-2 for like 15 minutes now. Don't want the music to stop. Eternity~Memory in Lightwaves is such a fantastic piece...
Ahh! I'm so excited! X-2 is one of my favourite Final Fantasies. Just disposed of Penance so I should be starting tomorrow....but study time for finals is also about to begin too. :/

Top Bottom