• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Shahed

I think I might just skip some of the commsphere (hot spring 15 times!) and a few other stuff and just do another quick playthrough making different choices. Not sure I'd be able to enjoy the game otherwise constantly worrying about percentage

I have 3 grids completed and two well underway, but this is beyond tedious. I think I'm just gonna finish the game and not look back. Even with 60 or so levels a pop from the Tonberry trick It still takes an eternity. Not to mention having to fight Kottos 8 times constantly because the item limit is only 99..

Holmes

Alright, don't want to flood the thread with this stuff. But before any stop in Chapter 5 it's 77.6%. Map shows 77. Moonflow episode complete is .4%. so I should be at 78% but nope, 77.

I must have exited a commsphere early. Let's restart from there.
Keep me posted. Just wanna know for when I'm at that part of the game.

Levyne

Banned
I THINK I might know what it is. Going to be a while before I can verify though.

Holmes' guide mentions viewing the Chocobo ranch commsphere 3 times. The one I linked isn't specific, and Split's guide that I also have open only mentions viewing it twice.

Lol. Damn you Clasko.

ZeroX03

Banned
I THINK I might know what it is. Going to be a while before I can verify though.

Holmes' guide mentions viewing the Chocobo ranch commsphere 3 times. The one I linked isn't specific, and Split's guide that I also have open only mentions viewing it twice.

Lol. Damn you Clasko.

As far as I can tell, none of the 100% guides are quite perfect. They each miss or at least fail to elaborate on certain things. Split's guide is also really hard to read, his strange nicknames for a lot of things are more confusing than helpful.

Just did the Ribbon chest. That wasn't very fun.

Falk

that puzzling face
Isn't there something like 125% total available completion in X-2 assuming you're gonna NG+ to do the other faction? I wouldn't worry too much about not hitting it in one playthrough in that case, or am I missing something?

Levyne

Banned
Isn't there something like 125% total available completion in X-2 assuming you're gonna NG+ to do the other faction? I wouldn't worry too much about not hitting it in one playthrough in that case, or am I missing something?

You're not wrong. It's just annoying to follow a guide and still miss it somehow :/

ZeroX03

Banned

It's like 110%. And yes, if you miss something small you can go and pick NY instead of the YL to make up the extra points, but even that's not good enough if you're just blazing through the game, you can miss lots of stuff. A guide is the safest option.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, I'd assume most people who are after 100% are after plat as well (aside from seeing the secret ending in HD) and you'd want to go grab everything you missed the first time around anyway...

(along with cutscene skip hooray)

Not to mention this is coming straight after a fair amount of grind for X plat

Carbonox

It's always the worst when you come off the back of a 3-4 hour grinding spree in Bevelle and you gotta go to the Calm Lands. Place always sucked back then and it still sucks even now. Need some No Encounter gear ASAP so I can comfortably do the side tasks here. Might just not bother doing anything and run straight through to Gagazet.

Son Of D

Would anyone know where I can find a good guide for the Creature Capturing in X-2? More specifically abilities that creatures can learn. I've looked on Gamefaqs but there's not much there.

Roto13

It's always the worst when you come off the back of a 3-4 hour grinding spree in Bevelle and you gotta go to the Calm Lands. Place always sucked back then and it still sucks even now. Need some No Encounter gear ASAP so I can comfortably do the side tasks here. Might just not bother doing anything and run straight through to Gagazet.

The No Encounter accessory is all over the Calm Lands....

Shahed

I remember going through Via Infinito to the bottom and doing all the commsphere stuff in Chapter 4 to get 100%. My sister however never bothered with Via Infinito beyond the Crimson Spheres and did negligible viewing of the commespheres and got 100% over 2 playthroughs so there's definitely enough leeway

Luigi87

I think I'm just going to finish the story (FFX, not gonna play X-2 for a while), then take a short break from trophy hunting.
The arena catching, and grid maxing is very mind numbing...

Shahed

I think I'm just going to finish the story (FFX, not gonna play X-2 for a while), then take a short break from trophy hunting.
The grid maxing is the worst. I think it's taken me longer to complete the Sphere Grid than it did to max the important stats, beat all the Dark Aeons and Monster Arena combined. And I've still got Lulu left to do.

So I'm at the
Seymour fight in Via Purifico
how much of the game do I have left? I only remember a couple more locations, but I figure I'm only around halfway through the game since my playtime is only a little over 20 hours, and when I went through the game on PS2 I remember being right before the final boss with about 48 hours playtime.

So I'm at the
Seymour fight in Via Purifico
how much of the game do I have left? I only remember a couple more locations, but I figure I'm only around halfway through the game since my playtime is only a little over 20 hours, and when I went through the game on PS2 I remember being right before the final boss with about 48 hours playtime.
I'd say 5 to 10 hours. You aren't too far off.

Levyne

Banned
Think I fixed it. The 77.6 --> 78.0% check (doing Moonflow first,which is good for 0.4%) worked this time. 78% on the map.

I dunno what I changed, just a reminder to be really thorough and careful with the commspheres.

Ugh. What a terrible idea. Hate chapter 4.

Luigi87

The grid maxing is the worst. I think it's taken me longer to complete the Sphere Grid than it did to max the important stats, beat all the Dark Aeons and Monster Arena combined. And I've still got Lulu left to do.

o_o
Yep, definitely taking a break then.
I want to get back to playing Deception IV @_@

Holmes

Sphere Break is so easy, to be honest. The only thing that can screw you over is getting core sphere 1, which is annoying beyond belief. I was able to beat those kids who have a quota of 80 in 20 turns, easy peasy. Just keep going for a 2 coin echo bonus.

braves01

Banned
I'd more say 10 to 15 hours.
Then again, it all depends on how much side stuff you do. And without any sidestuff, the end bosses are quite hard if I remember well.

I'm finding this to be the case. I made it up to the final boss without too much difficulty except for that
Seymour fight on Gagazet
, but am now finding myself pretty underpowered. The first time I tried the fight (after that stupid crystal collecting shit with the spinning camera and spikes, whoever thought that up should be slapped), I got wiped pretty quickly. Given the unskippable cutscenes and crystal shit, I decided to just look up a strategy, and I see it mention things like Holy, double cast, and copy cat, all of which I didn't have. So now I'm grinding a bit.

Have to agree. Monster Catching and Blitzball is mind-numbing. Thinking of moving onto X-2 for a bit...

Wow, just netted myself 20 level 3 keys from Kimahri's battles. :) It took a while, but was able to steal 5 times each on the bosses. Haste + Master Thief FTW.

Wow, just netted myself 20 level 3 keys from Kimahri's battles. :) It took a while, but was able to steal 5 times each on the bosses. Haste + Master Thief FTW.

I don't think there even is that many locks :lol.

Did some hunting and got Aurons Celestial upgraded. Wakka is the only one I'm missing now but the game just won't give me the Auroch Reels so eh. I guess I should do some leveling up at Omega and capture few eyeballs so I get the One-Eye battle where I can try to farm triple AP weapons. I have no idea how strong he is tho :lol.

My Rikku totally sucks tho in dealing damage. I teleported her to Lulus end grid and got doublecast and whatnot but she barely has any magic stat.

So I totally missed the item for Tidus's top weapon after beating Yunalesca and now good old Dark Bahamut is guarding it.

Thinking of starting over :-/
What do you guys think?

Anybody know if Rikku's offensive items (such as electro marble or bomb core) are of a predetermined strength, or do they draw from Rikku's stats?

Stuart444

I feel like I should ask here, it's been so long since I played FFX and I just recently started FFXHD and just got to the bit before leaving besaid island.

I didn't get the bonus in the Cloister of Trials... and I can't re-enter their just now. Is there anything I can do or am I screwed and will have to beat
Dark Valefor
to get back in there later in the game. Last time in the PS2 version, I got to that point and got utterly destroyed by him :(. First and only time I've fought a
Dark Aeon
as well mind you.

I feel like I should ask here, it's been so long since I played FFX and I just recently started FFXHD and just got to the bit before leaving besaid island.

I didn't get the bonus in the Cloister of Trials... and I can't re-enter their just now. Is there anything I can do or am I screwed and will have to beat
Dark Valefor
to get back in there later in the game. Last time in the PS2 version, I got to that point and got utterly destroyed by him :(. First and only time I've fought a
Dark Aeon
as well mind you.

did you get the destruction sphere
if not you gotta either beat
Dark Valefor
or restart the game
though you can get back in less than 2 hours so its no big deal
you can remove spheres once you use them btw
thats what got me as well

Anybody know if Rikku's offensive items (such as electro marble or bomb core) are of a predetermined strength, or do they draw from Rikku's stats?

Since it gives high damage in No Sphere runs, I assume the amounts are based on a range. If it was stat based, then the runs would be impossible,

Rojo

Dark Valefor
Dark Aeon
as well mind you.

You cant go back till tidus becomes a guardian and by that point might as well wait till the jecht sphere's unlock so you can get more bang for your backtracking buck. So if you want to do both you will have to wait until you view the first jecht sphere after a boss fight. Its manditory then just flee spam back to besaid. Also note that that is also the last point before you will be forced to fight that boss. So dont continue the plot for risk of fighting it.

Roto13

Paine is like the worst written character in Final Fantasy history. "We won!" "An empty win..." What is that even supposed to mean?

Stuart444

did you get the destruction sphere
if not you gotta either beat
Dark Valefor
or restart the game
though you can get back in less than 2 hours so its no big deal
you can remove spheres once you use them btw
thats what got me as well

Nope, didn't get it. Like I said, it's been a while so I forgot you could remove them after using them.

So I'm resigned to beating
Dark Valefor
? If so... Yojimbo, you are needed :p

You cant go back till tidus becomes a guardian and by that point might as well wait till the jecht sphere's unlock so you can get more bang for your backtracking buck. So if you want to do both you will have to wait until you view the first jecht sphere after a boss fight. Its manditory then just flee spam back to besaid. Also note that that is also the last point before you will be forced to fight that boss. So dont continue the plot for risk of fighting it.

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.

Top Bottom