• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Spoke to the bevelle guard at the thunder plains -.- did not save the last couple of hours and now the road is blocked by a black aeon. Am I fucked if I still need Kimahris celestial weapon?

Kensuke

Are we talking about the ones in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth? If we are I found them all the path to right of the first intersection that leads to a green room. Didn't take me that long to find them. At least I don't think it did. I was watching TV while I did it lol

Yep, those. I know all about the green room and resetting spawns. I guess I'm just unlucky. Now I wish I had the game on Vita, all I can do is listen to some music.

Kensuke

Found 2 more Tonberry's, I guess whining on GAF helps.

I'm also grinding a little. Where should I take everyone after they complete their own sphere grid? I'm thinking:

Tidus --> Wakka
Wakka --> Tidus
Rikku --> Tidus
Auron --> Tidus
Yuna --> Lulu
Lulu --> Yuna

Lots of Tidus because he seems to be the most balanced.

Jisgsaw

I'm also grinding a little. Where should I take everyone after they complete their own sphere grid? I'm thinking:

Tidus --> Wakka
Wakka --> Tidus
Rikku --> Tidus
Auron --> Tidus
Yuna --> Lulu
Lulu --> Yuna

Well, Tidus has Haste/Hastega,and decent Agility, so yeah, I usually also take a lot of people on his path.

I remember reading people talking about something with the ghost in the cavern of stolen faith, what was it again?

Tiamant

I made it to the Sphere Break tournament and lost to
Shinra.

I didn't feel like replaying the whole thing so I'll try again tomorrow.

Any tips? Going from a quota of 20 to 50 feels a bit like overkill.

Are you playing on Vita? Press the ps button and take your sweet sweet time.

That's X-2 equivalent of Zanmato #noshame.

Kensuke

Well, Tidus has Haste/Hastega,and decent Agility, so yeah, I usually also take a lot of people on his path.

I remember reading people talking about something with the ghost in the cavern of stolen faith, what was it again?

That Ghost drops No Encounter armor, maybe that?

romulus91

That's actually related to the picture right above your post. And no, you don't bargain with him in a boss fight, it's a completely separate scene.

While avoiding spoilers, one thing you don't want to miss because it's a PITA to get it later is when they tell you of additional bonuses with 'destruction spheres' in a puzzle quite early on in the game, by all that is holy GET THAT BONUS. Reload if you have to to redo the puzzle, because otherwise it will either mean 1) a long trek back to get it or 2) locked out by a superboss.

could i ask what the item is called? im well past that part im pretty sure but i did get an item with the destruction sphere Oooo ..... and thanks for your help

SkylineRKR

Tidus --> Wakka
Wakka --> Tidus
Rikku --> Tidus
Auron --> Tidus
Yuna --> Lulu
Lulu --> Yuna

Thats sort of what I did too. I figured Yuna and Lulu can use eachothers Magic stats. And Auron can use some speed. I put Wakka on Auron's grid though, and hes my hardest hitter now. Great accuracy with it to boot.

I find the post game content a bit overwhelming right now. Got the fully upgraded celestials for everybody exept Auron and Wakka (damn Auroch Reels just won't appear on the damn tournament *sigh*). I guess the next logical steps would be to start capturing some monsters and slowly start building strong armor. But I don't really know where to even start. My armor pretty much sucks ATM, everything is straight up stuff I picked up from the story.

Shit like Ribbon seem like a total bitch to get.

OmegaDL50

I find the post game content a bit overwhelming right now. Got the fully upgraded celestials for everybody exept Auron and Wakka (damn Auroch Reels just won't appear on the damn tournament *sigh*). I guess the next logical steps would be to start capturing some monsters and slowly start building strong armor. But I don't really know where to even start. My armor pretty much sucks ATM, everything is straight up stuff I picked up from the story.

Shit like Ribbon seem like a total bitch to get.

Well the most immediate recommendations I can offer is buy empty 4 slotted armors from Wantz in the Macalania Woods (near the exit to the Thunder Plains) or try and kill Adamantoises and hope they drop one, Obviously getting them from Wantz will be quicker, but costly.

Farm Mimics (Treasure box monster) in Omega Ruins until you have at least 900,000 gil (Rikku with her Godhand will speed things up, as you get 100,000 gil per Mimic so, at best nine encounters at the least)

Bribe Machea in Omega Ruins (or if you caught one, fight 'em in the Arena) for 360,000 Gil and you should get ~60 Chocobo Wings, you need 80 for Auto-Haste on Armor.

After you got Auto-Haste on your empty armors. Try and kill Fafnir in the Arena, he drops 40 light curtains if you beat him, you need 70 Light Curtains to put Auto-Protect on Armor.

Auto-Haste naturally dramatically increases the speed of the wearer, and Auto-Protect cuts ALL physical damage in half and most enemies in the game use more physical attacks over magical ones.

After you can at least achieve these two, then you can try and bribe Ghosts in the Stolen Fayth Cavern for 200,000 gil to get 30 Mega Phoenixes. This adds the ability Auto-Phoenix on armor which is a automatic revive upon death (as long as you have at least once phoenix down in your inventory) also it's instantaneous and does not waste a character turn.

If money is an issue, just sell any weapons and armors you get from killing Arena monsters (notably One Eye and whatever drops you get for farming Fafnir for those Light Curtains)

Those three I find are most useful abilities to have on armor, with Ribbon taking up the 4th and final slot.

The chocobo race at Remien Temple. Every time the other chocobo blocks me just before the finish line. How can I get past him if it is even possible? I run as good as I can and never been able to get before him after opening the fifth chest.

Kensuke

Good tips. Is it possible to replace an ability on an armor? I have a few 4 slotted armors, but they have stuff like SOS Shell on them.

The chocobo race at Remien Temple. Every time the other chocobo blocks me just before the finish line. How can I get past him if it is even possible? I run as good as I can and never been able to get before him after opening the fifth chest.

Not much help, but try to not touch the walls. It slows you down. The key is that long run for the first chest. If you can get through that without touching much of the walls you should be able to win. It's hard because of the controls though, it feels like the chocobo barely listens.

OmegaDL50

Good tips. Is it possible to replace an ability on an armor? I have a few 4 slotted armors, but they have stuff like SOS Shell on them.

Unfortunately you can't erase existing abilities on weapons or armor. You can only add new ones. Which is why getting an Adamantoise to drop a 4-slot blank equipment or buying them off of Wantz is the only way to craft weapon or armor with any 4 abilities of your choosing. (Minding you have the materials of course)

Falk

that puzzling face
Or finding a mob that drops some of the attributes you want, of course... most obvious example being D. Yojimbo and Ribbon armor.

Just got Wakkas Celestial for the first time, it's ridiculously easy if you keep resetting. I think I played exactly 25 games, which should be around the minimum (2-3 per tournament and 10 per league season). Now all that's left are the stupid races, lighting dodging and butterfly hunt, probably do butterflies first since it's the easiest iirc.

Shahed

I got my one and only Ribbon from unlocking Ultima Buster. I was so happy as well. No more need to worry about Bad Breath!

JimPanzer

So I want to get wakkas reels and the sigil but without resetting. Will the Attack Reel eventually show up as a tournament price if I "soft-reset" -> save sphere, play blitzball, check price, cancel?

So I want to get wakkas reels and the sigil but without resetting. Will the Attack Reel eventually show up as a tournament price if I "soft-reset" -> save sphere, play blitzball, check price, cancel?
This worked for me, obviously unless you already started the tournament. Reset is needed for changing the League prices though, but I found it to be extremely easy by just getting Zev Ronso, Brother and Jumal. Haven't lost a single game Brother is just completely way too fast and we all know about how OP Jecht Shot is.

Got 5 chests and won, but tagged the last pole as I was trying to get ahead of the other chocobo. At least I got the trophy but would have liked to have the items too.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm playing my english copy of X|X-2 remaster. In the beginning of X-2 at Mt.Gagazet... all English, then Yuna enters a battle, says "Zenkai da iku yo". Is this intentional??? I had the original and there were no Japanese lines to my knowledge? Seems very weird to me.

OmegaDL50

You don't even need to soft reset, just leave the Blitzball menu and go back in repeatedly until the Tournament Prize shows Attack Reels.

However there is a prerequisite of Wakka needing to participate in 250 battles before Attack Reels will even show up for a Blitzball Tournament Prize.

League Games are the only prizes that cannot be changed unless you play through all 10 games or reset the data.

ATTENTION

When you load your game, the game selects a value for every encounter possible. This value determines the rate at which you will encounter those encounters. If you have a hard time seeing a particular monster (such as Tonberries or that bird on the Djose road), soft reset and reload your game, as this will reset the previous values, making it possible for those encounters you seek to receive a higher value, making them more likely to be encountered.

This was true in the original release of the game. I do not know if they changed it for the International version or these HD rereleases. I don't know why they would change that though.

JimPanzer

You don't even need to soft reset, just leave the Blitzball menu and go back in repeatedly until the Tournament Prize shows Attack Reels.

However there is a prerequisite of Wakka needing to participate in 250 battles before Attack Reels will even show up for a Blitzball Tournament Prize.

League Games are the only prizes that cannot be changed unless you play through all 10 games or reset the data.

have done that for 15 minutes and the reel didn't show up :( I almost finished wakkas sphere grid, so he should have participated in 250 fights

have done that for 15 minutes and the reel didn't show up :( I almost finished wakkas sphere grid, so he should have participated in 250 fights

I'm still having problems with Auroch Reels. There is no way he hasn't ben in 450+ fights since he is like the most used character for me after Tidus. I have resetted the price like 30+ times now zzzz

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm playing my english copy of X|X-2 remaster. In the beginning of X-2 at Mt.Gagazet... all English, then Yuna enters a battle, says "Zenkai da iku yo". Is this intentional??? I had the original and there were no Japanese lines to my knowledge? Seems very weird to me.

Sounded like her English voice actor to me.

Levyne

Banned
Argh. According to this % guide, it has a part where I should go from 72.0% to 73.0%. I hit the 72%, but not the 73%. Makes little sense. That would imply I'm missing something between them, but it's literally like 1 cutscene...

Blaaah

QP3

Played and somehow managed to win that first Blitzball game last night.

Wakka came back in and scored with 5 seconds left in the game to tie it 1-1. Then Wakka scored again in overtime. Feels good man.

Holmes

Oh yes! Not only did I beat Shinra at Sphere Break, but also scored the Treasure Hunt Garment Grid on the very last turn! I was sweating there for a second. Time for everyone to mug now. Items and AP will be all mine.

Argh. According to this % guide, it has a part where I should go from 72.0% to 73.0%. I hit the 72%, but not the 73%. Makes little sense. That would imply I'm missing something between them, but it's literally like 1 cutscene...

Blaaah
:/ What guide are you using? I'm using this one and so far, I'm at the right percentage (beginning of chapter 3).

Heropon

I think I'm going to leave this fiend arena stuff for the new game+ and try to hoard accesories and dresspheres for now.

Levyne

Banned
Oh yes! Not only did I beat Shinra at Sphere Break, but also scored the Treasure Hunt Garment Grid on the very last turn! I was sweating there for a second. Time for everyone to mug now. Items and AP will be all mine.

:/ What guide are you using? I'm using this one and so far, I'm at the right percentage (beginning of chapter 3).

This one, but both seem to have the same benchmark at 72.0 and 73.0.

I'm thinking it might be something to do with having a regular cutscene before the FMV concert that you can't check between. Maybe they determined the %'s by selectively skipping them or something.

I mean, I hit the benchmark after the dragon thing you have to fight (72 as soon as you get back to Celcius, before any events) so you'd think I'd be fine. I know this is a bit specific for other people reading the thread so I won't dwell on it. I could always go back to the 63.0 benchmark before a bunch of the commsphere crap but I don't want to chew through all of that again, especially when there's not I scene from those I know I missed that is worth % points.

Luigi87

Blasted One-Eye won't drop me Yuna's Triple AP weapon with two empty slots >_<
It's all I need, and I can move on to capturing/grinding gil.

Holmes

Regardless, both guides say "automatic events" between 72% and 73%. Have you tried reloading and seeing if it happens again?

Luigi87

I'm using the guide Holmes' linked to, working well so far.

You don't really need two empty slots.

I suppose you're right. I guess I was thinking of the 3x faster, but then I think of how much time I'm spending just farming One-Eye... If I don't get it in the next 15 minutes, guess I'll just have Triple AP and AP -> Overdrive on Yuna.

Levyne

Banned
Alright, don't want to flood the thread with this stuff. But before any stop in Chapter 5 it's 77.6%. Map shows 77. Moonflow episode complete is .4%. so I should be at 78% but nope, 77.

I must have exited a commsphere early. Let's restart from there.

Top Bottom